PDA

View Full Version : nas line on "bridging the gap"

Literate Type Asshole
11-01-2005, 01:18 PM
i always wondered what nas meant when says

"discovered my father's music like Prince searching through boxes of Purple Rain"

prince searching through boxes of....copies of his own album, or what? huh? and how is that like nas discovering his dad's shit?

p.s. anyone who objects to nas being considered "wu-fam" needs to check themselves

Chief 'Broom
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
How bout this LTA -

'discovered my father's music as if it was my own'

Chief 'Broom
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
cuz Nas inherited the musical gene from his pops, know what i'm saying?

The Villain
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
i always wondered what nas meant when says

"discovered my father's music like Prince searching through boxes of Purple Rain"

prince searching through boxes of....copies of his own album, or what? huh? and how is that like nas discovering his dad's shit?

p.s. anyone who objects to nas being considered "wu-fam" needs to check themselvesThe line is "discovered my father's music like Prince searching through boxes IN Purple Rain".
In the movie Prince was going through his father's music to get inspiration and Nas was saying that he does the same thing.

Literate Type Asshole
11-03-2005, 07:28 AM
definitely doesn't sound anything like "in" on the record, it's definitely a "a/o" type round vowel. but yeah, whatever the case, you're almost certainly right thats what he means. so thanks for clearing that up. i've never seen the purple rain film......

Chief 'Broom
11-03-2005, 07:27 PM
yea i haven't either - i read your post and was mind boggled for a minute and almost just wrote it off as a wack lyric and then i came up with my explanation

but it's definitely the movie Purple Rain if that was a scene in it

i cannot sit through that shit though, ha

anyway excuse my incorrect answer

Tres.Bo.
11-03-2005, 08:15 PM
this really wasnt all that great a song, nas came pretty weak lyrically

Chief 'Broom
11-03-2005, 09:18 PM
it wasn't that weak

crass
11-03-2005, 09:50 PM
nas is not wu-fam. he just used to chill with rae.

Literate Type Asshole
11-04-2005, 08:31 AM
he's not official wu-fam. but he's down. that was my point

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-04-2005, 03:21 PM
in the Movie Purple Rain Princes' father shoots himself in the head and prince is going through some hard times with his fathers abusive ways and his mothers alcohol problems when he discovers all his fathers music he never knew existed...

B-Ball-Hov
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Nas didnt come that weak but i think he coulda did better if u kno what i mean? he still hot tho fa REAL!

grimey
05-20-2006, 12:16 PM
one thing i do know nas was the man on verbal on cuban linx.......

THE W
05-20-2006, 12:26 PM
he's not official wu-fam. but he's down. that was my point
then he's not wu fam, neither is he apart of a group that any wu general has started so im moving this to hiphop spot.

Chief 'Broom
05-20-2006, 12:29 PM
shits is old, white