PDA

View Full Version : Why is Samuel L. Jackson so highly regarded?

Big Smokes
05-19-2012, 04:32 PM
I never cared for dude and I think he's highly overrated. Cheadle doesnt have his body of work but is a better in my opinion.

The only movie by Samuel L. Jackson i ever cared for was A TME TO KILL

Outside of Pulp Fiction (which i dont care for) what good movies has he had a leading role and shined in?

ShaDynasty
05-19-2012, 04:47 PM
hes not the same kind of actor as cheadle, who is a black nerd and great actor.

SLJ has charisma and a certain undefinably cool style, his acting is effortless but also you don't see him doing a lotof deep or subtle roles.

some of his great iconic roles:
pulp fiction
jackie brown
avengers
afro samurai
boondocks
star wars
shaft (fuck that he was good in this)
do the right thing
other guys lol

http://www.moviespad.com/photos/samuel-l-jackson-guess-who-picture-ca4ea.jpg

Big Smokes
05-19-2012, 04:49 PM
cheadle is mad underrated i know you guys may disagree but i just dont see the hype behind samuel l "muthafuckin" jackson

Big Smokes
05-19-2012, 04:51 PM
i think he wackest may have been his role in jackie brown

ShaDynasty
05-19-2012, 05:02 PM
i think he wackest may have been his role in jackie brown
faggit

that shit was stone cold gangster. my favorite performance of his and a classic movie.

don cheadle can suck dick aka the professional black nerd, he was pimpin in talk to me but even SAMJACK epic performance in deep blue sea merks cheadles whole career.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee30/Naufragio_Pictures/Deep-Blue-Sea-052108a.gif

Big Smokes
05-19-2012, 05:10 PM
lets kill the faggot talk man. i just dont see get the praised im not saying he isnt a good actor but some movies i hear people speak of i see them and dont get why they say what they said

diggy
05-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I never cared for dude and I think he's highly overrated. Cheadle doesnt have his body of work but is a better in my opinion.

Outside of Pulp Fiction (which i dont care for) what good movies has he had a leading role and shined in?

See the movie "187" with Samuel. Beautiful performance and the ending is so full of emotion.

You should think more than you do now of him after seeing it. Also see "Against the wall", which is based on a true story, neva tha less good acting.

:W

MaskedAvenger
05-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Sam Jackson's role in Jackie Brown was boss.

IrOnMaN
05-20-2012, 07:41 AM
I've never seen Jackie Brown. I'm so late.

Mumm Ra
05-20-2012, 08:13 AM
what kind of person doesnt like pulp fiction anyway, ive never met one

sam jackson is one of the few actors id go see a movie for just because he's in it - like that lakeview terrace movie

KERZO
05-20-2012, 08:27 AM
yeah FMJ, I'd say One Eight Seven is probably one of his best performances.

Big Smokes
05-20-2012, 09:05 AM
i person that neg rep me can go fuck themselves mad that someone doesnt agree with your opinion

main_man
05-20-2012, 05:52 PM
smokes must be british or something. def not american.

187 he deserved a fucking oscar nom for that role. great performance.

ordell robbie was a great character made even greater by the great sam jackson.

and jules whitfield is one of the greatest characters in ANY gangster film. if anything, he deserves lifelong props for that shit alone.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS48ImF-Hscs58p-O0HowTKxEK1NeUmkJwCOxDaMzBrSADRs3orkq52S0Lc

so why is he so highly regarded?
cause hes fucking great at what he does.

samuel l. jackson = offical wu corp legend status.

kurupt_kw
05-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I have to add Black Snake Moan to the list of his great performances. Great acting from both him and Christina Ricci.

manhattan360
05-22-2012, 08:52 PM
one Name quentin tarantino and Pulp fiction that film even resurected John Travoltas career

tekunique
05-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I've never seen Jackie Brown. I'm so late.
u should.. its the only tarantino written/directed movie thats based on a novel... it got robert foster an oscar nom... all around fucking ill cast..

and fuck yea samuel l was fucking pimp in this shit.. tappin that bridget fonda pussie....

CharlesJones
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Bridget Fonda was looking good in Jackie Brown. Samuel is a better actor than Don Cheadle. Samuel's movies are better than Don's movies. Only movies of Don's i like is Traitor and Brooklyn's Finest. I like Samuel's Shaft, Jackie Brown, Do The Right Thing, Jungle Fever, Lakeview Terrace, Kiss Of Death, Soul Men movies. I wish he would do more action films because i think he would be good at playing a cop. I really liked Shaft even though Jeffrey Wright's character was better than his. 187 is a good movie but it's not one of my favorites by him. LOL@Samuel whipping Spike Lee's ass bad in Mo Better Blues hahahahahahahahaha. He hit Denzel Washington in the mouth with a trumpet in Mo Better Blues. I like how Samuel always gets angry in most of his movies hahahahahahahaha.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-26-2012, 11:56 PM
threadstarter hasn't seen "the sunset limited" (neither has 2pac hologram, since he said samuel can't do deep roles...also see "jungle fever")

"jackie brown" was boss, that was one of his best roles, he was a cool gangster and a fully realized character, he assumed a whole different walk and body language.

shut up.

Mr. R&B
05-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Samuel L. Jackson is Godbody.

This thread sucks.

Charles Barry
05-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Don Cheadle is the man. I was watching Traitor the other day. The movie where he's a counselor is pretty dope too. I forget the name of that one though.

Samuel L. Jackson is a respectable actor too. Anyone seen Black Snake Moan? Lol, that movie was bugged out. Snakes on a motherfucking plane!

tekunique
05-27-2012, 03:59 PM
http://dinosaurboner.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/08_jackie-brown.jpg

Big Smokes
06-01-2012, 08:08 AM
i did enjoy him in the star wars shit but thats about it

LoTec
06-06-2012, 03:12 PM
what about Loaded Weapon 1 classic spoof shit

CharlesJones
11-17-2012, 02:56 PM
I just saw 2 new straight to video movies with Samuel called Meeting Evil and The Samaritan. Both are good. He has a new movie with Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington(he also did Lakeview Terrace with her)that Quentin Tarantino directed. I saw the previews and i think it's coming out next month but i don't wanna see it.

madchild
11-17-2012, 11:55 PM
'The Negotiator' is decent and hasn't been mention.

The Samaritan was somewhat terrible.

JIGSAW45
11-18-2012, 12:35 AM

I think it's mainly because he seems to Be himself a lot in the roles he plays Which not a lot of people can do. It's either that or he's just awesome because Of all the times he says motherfucker in 90% of the parts he plays. Nobody says motherfucker And sounds cooler quite like Samuel L Jackson says motherfucker