PDA

View Full Version : Why some religious conservatives deny the theory of evolution?

Drunken Monk
05-28-2012, 07:59 PM
The theory of evolution is not atheistic theory but a theory that has been studied long ago, where researchers may be atheists or belong to any religion.

Yet here and seen many try to deny that religious and think that this is an invention made by atheists. I wonder if these people who believe that evolution is an invention attests, investigated on their own to say that evolution is a farce? or simply people who are easy to provoke and immediately react that way because they do not know what else to say.

I wonder if more religious conservatives want to deny that atheists simply because they think a theory that makes more sense that the religious version and want to contradict them? or is it because they fear it is discovered that the story of Adam and Eve never happened?

I wonder if religious conservatives have never weighed more than this scene from the Bible is but one interpretation and that controlled the evolution of god? because I think that way you defend much better than the ridicule of some atheists to you.
or perhaps find it hard to believe that some episodes of the Bible are interpretive? I wonder, would you fear? because it seems that fear is the only reason why they did not want to believe and try to disprove the theory of evolution

Additional information

for those who offend this type of question and defend themselves by saying "you are the monkey or other animal" as the theory of our origin either evolution or divine creation, is equal for all, one does not choose from which evolve if god gave us, as believers and atheists brought if we evolved from some animal was the same for atheists and believers do not creyentes.ser portrays one sent in a god or an atheist does not make you a descendant of the monkey, because either of the two theories is valid is the same for all

JASPER BEARDLY
05-28-2012, 09:31 PM
I try not to shit on anyone's belief system and I think that's a good way of acting

to me, the existence of God is evident, and I feel bad for those who cannot see the way the world is intertwined

that said, to each his own. good thread

netscape check two
05-28-2012, 11:52 PM
religious conservatives are kooky weirdos

cj wisty
05-29-2012, 05:20 PM
the theory evolution actually has flaws in it but most religious conservatives r straight up ignorant. check out this to see flaws in theory of evolution http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html

Shadow Demon
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I try not to shit on anyone's belief system and I think that's a good way of acting

Real talk

Monk its as simple as this: Some people are highly religious and so their belief in a certain way of thinking excludes them from considering other aspects/theories.

Actually it applies to alot of things, its a dialectic- it reinforces each other- you could argue Scientists are ignorant because they don't consider mainstream Christianities view (although that is not my view)

Shogah
05-31-2012, 07:11 PM
It seems to me that evolution is more an ideology than a science fact since many evolutionist scientists said that evolution is not proven and it can not be observed. It is a wild guess like it is a wild guess that God created this world.

I believe in God rather than evolution because i believe that there is some thought put behind everything rather than a pure wheel of luck, some coincidence or some quantum fault.

Theory of evolution seems like another try to wipe out the God from human consciousness. Because if God didn't create the world- there must be something and the exit from that blind street is theory of evolution.

What better way to make us slaves, good consumers, obedient citizens and cheap work labor, than to explain us that we are insignificant parts of a long chain that spams bilions of years and that it will go on until forever. Of course everything is the product of coincidence, so there is no need to nurture all of our values like tradition, culture and religion since they are products of irrational thought. Put away religion, faith and truth and bring in the money and the mass media.

Maybe i'm uneducated, uninformed and blind though.

Shadow Demon
06-01-2012, 06:59 AM
It seems to me that evolution is more an ideology than a science fact since many evolutionist scientists said that evolution is not proven and it can not be observed. It is a wild guess like it is a wild guess that God created this world.

Wow props for this, I thought evolution among scientific community was an accepted empirical theory.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Drunken Monks English has improved greatly since I was last around here.

Of course Evolution is obvious now and well proven but the only God form it undermines is the Abrahmic god that was clearly bullshit anyway, Eastern ideas of God aren't affected by Evolution, in fact, fits in to philosphies like Taoism quite well (forever yielding etc)

cj wisty
06-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Drunken Monks English has improved greatly since I was last around here.

Of course Evolution is obvious now and well proven but the only God form it undermines is the Abrahmic god that was clearly bullshit anyway, Eastern ideas of God aren't affected by Evolution, in fact, fits in to philosphies like Taoism quite well (forever yielding etc)

its not well proven look at this link http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html microevolution is well proven but there r still pretty big gaps in macroevolution

Face of the Golden Falcon
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
That's a brilliant article Rakim. Bless.