PDA

View Full Version : natural selection and other aspects not specific.

Drunken Monk
05-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Throughout time, man has been driven by natural selection. (We are now in full desevolution natural)
I give an example rather unpleasant, but at the same time, it's fucking true: Hitler, and the slaughter of millions of Jews and a few other races.
I do not believe that such acts were necessary for the human race itself, would have gone the way of natural selection, and therefore the strongest survive, but What do you think is the way to get that race continues to evolve, in aspect to this issue?to this issue?

Shadow Demon
05-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I dont get it, what is the question?

Drunken Monk
05-30-2012, 01:40 PM
peace
the question is if does the human race needs genocides, massacres... to ensure that the strongest will survive?

imo is a kind of way to be sure who are the strongest, fittest, and better prepared fo this world

LORD NOSE
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
peace
the question is if does the human race needs genocides, massacres... to ensure that the strongest will survive?

imo is a kind of way to be sure who are the strongest, fittest, and better prepared fo this world

Yes -

Only one makes it to the ovum - the rest die

Shadow Demon
05-30-2012, 05:26 PM
peace

I can see how natural selection in the animal kingdom (excluding humans) works but for me it doesnt translate to humans.

The Nazi view that Jews were weak and any view that one group/race/ etc is weak is subjective.

So I don't think 'purifying' Germany made it any better off. To my knowledge the Jews actually had higher socioeconomic indicators than Germans, so if you want to compare that, the Germans were weaker.

Although saying that, framing Jews as 'The Other' , 'The enemy' did faciliate a form of national German unity so it did make Germany strong in that sense

peace

ShaDynasty
05-30-2012, 06:20 PM
too many people on earth not enough resources. they will fight over the resources. i think you will see a lot of war in the next 20 years.

its possible that there might be a more giving attitude between people if they weren't taught from an early age that they are different from other people either in racial, economic, nationalistic ways etc.

LORD NOSE
05-30-2012, 07:22 PM
The planet earth can feed everyone and everything 10 times over

ShaDynasty
05-30-2012, 07:50 PM
yeah tell that to all the people that don't have houses or food.

LORD NOSE
05-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Why don't they have access to shelter and food?

ShaDynasty
05-30-2012, 09:17 PM
because they live in shitholes like iceland or sierra leone or bridgeport

check two
05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
who the fuck wants to live around a bunch of irritating people anyway

TSA
05-31-2012, 12:31 AM
i dont believe in sexual selection because animals will fuck any member of the opposite gender they're around for a long enough amount of time and humans have sex for every reason but logical mate selection.

WHODEH I GOT THE STRAP LIKE A FAGGOT.

Shadow Demon
05-31-2012, 02:01 PM
I read from a UN report there is enough food production (I think specifically rice production) to provide everyone with four square meals a day (along that lines)

There's several problems with this though off the top of the head:

Issues of distribution- weak infrastructure, middle men taking a cut diminishes it reaching people. -This is, to my knowledge a key problem in India and a contribution to its high incidence of poverty.

Issues of environmentalism- The rains, floods etc destroy the crop. Although I think this UN figure takes account of this. Also global warming in the future may destroy more crop as people predict the seas will flood significant parts of the world i.e. parts of Africa.

Issues of race/ethnicity/religion- These factors especially in the third/second world determine who gets what and why. But in general there's a chain of access to resources that affect what we get- our education etc.

@ Alcatraz what your referring to is the Malthusian view (From Thomas Malthuser)

That ^ population strains resources etc. I'm definetely inclined to agree with you.

Although for some people increased population is good. The West and other countries, generally suffer from problems of having too old a population and not enough of a workforce to maintain and boost the economy. The higher ^ in old people puts a strain on state and individual resources.

Specifically Japan, S. Korea, Germany, China (huge population but the 1 child policy has distorted growth rates)

That is part of the reason why some analysts are positive about the future of Sub Saharan Africa.

To my knowledge it is the only continent with a high positive growth rate in population with a very high percent of the population that are young and of working age. This is partly due to improvements in access to healthcare.

It's quite a paradox :)

All I think is this: Unless problems of ethnicity and religion are not solved in SSA (Sub S Africa) and unless this coexists with better healthcare/education and money for Africans + less threat of environmental damage, then there will continue to be resource problems.

At the end of the day alot of people/states are self interested actors- they only seek to maximise their utility. So the prospects are bleak imo. However at this point more than ever , states, civil society and organisations are cooperating to solve issues, so there is hope, but still low imo.

Shadow Demon
05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
If anyone is interested in along the lines of what ive put, read about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Robert_Malthus

Alcatraz, the link below (Coming Anarchy) roughly coincides with your view about war and population growth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coming_Anarchy

This famous book by famous author Francis Fukuyama says the opposite to Robert Kaplan (The Coming Anarchy)

To my knowledge Fukuyama argues that the final form of government will be Western, liberal, democracy- i.e. a state with free, fair democratic elections, strong respect for individual rights (at least on paper), and a fairly liberal (open market- see Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations)

To this end Fukuyama sees the prospects for the world being positive ie. less war, and tension, compared to the Cold War. Kaplan sees the Cold War as being more stable than today's war, as the USSR and USA maintained through their strength, the balance of power, keeping the world relatively stable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of_History_and_the_Last_Man

KERZO
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
the reason why there is hunger and homelessness in the world is becauce people can be stupid and lazy as hell.

If I lived in a poor ass country with no water or food, I'd spend all my time trying to travel the fuck outta there, making a boat out barrels n shit rather than stay there and die like a weak fool

If you die due to something outwith your control like cancer, fire, etc then thats bad luck. If you die from something you could've prevented then that's just dumbfuckery.

LORD NOSE
05-31-2012, 05:42 PM
you know how much food wolfgang puck alone throws away everyday ?

diggy
05-31-2012, 06:49 PM
the reason why there is hunger and homelessness in the world is becauce people can be stupid and lazy as hell.

If I lived in a poor ass country with no water or food, I'd spend all my time trying to travel the fuck outta there, making a boat out barrels n shit rather than stay there and die like a weak fool

If you die due to something outwith your control like cancer, fire, etc then thats bad luck. If you die from something you could've prevented then that's just dumbfuckery.

The elephant and the rope.

LORD NOSE
05-31-2012, 07:20 PM

word - they should work very hard for the person who says that they should pay them for food and shelter - it's hard to be on a steady grind with all that high fructose corn syrup in your blood - that stuff makes your ass mad lazy - then there is the lead in the water, etc.... lead makes you very fuckin stupid -

Shadow Demon
06-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Poverty in the West is generally very different from poverty in the global South.

I cant speak for other places but here in the UK poverty is if you earn under 10k or something like that.

thing is a significant amount of people, including in the 'poverty demographic' have a self righteous 'i deserve this' mentality without wanting to work for it.

There are legitimate people out there on welfare who need it who are trying to progress, but then there are those who will be on it without wanting to progress, blame all their problems on the government and cause anti -social behavour- i.e. the majority of the retards in the London Riots.

I get a similar picture from the US.

It also doesnt help that the tax code to an extent priveleges those on welfare versus those in full time employment.

LORD NOSE
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Poverty in the West is generally very different from poverty in the global South.

I cant speak for other places but here in the UK poverty is if you earn under 10k or something like that.

thing is a significant amount of people, including in the 'poverty demographic' have a self righteous 'i deserve this' mentality without wanting to work for it.

There are legitimate people out there on welfare who need it who are trying to progress, but then there are those who will be on it without wanting to progress, blame all their problems on the government and cause anti -social behavour- i.e. the majority of the retards in the London Riots.

I get a similar picture from the US.

It also doesnt help that the tax code to an extent priveleges those on welfare versus those in full time employment.

i would say that most want to get over - allot of people want to work, but don't want the bullshit that comes with being on the job with inconsiderate and incompetent people who just want to get over ...which leaves more work for you if you're not that type of person -

Shadow Demon
06-01-2012, 03:37 PM
i would say that most want to get over - allot of people want to work, but don't want the bullshit that comes with being on the job with inconsiderate and incompetent people who just want to get over ...which leaves more work for you if you're not that type of person -

true but if that is the reason for those people, then those people, as unproductive citizens have no right to protest their conditions if its the government putting food on their table.

Not wanting to deal with retards in the workplace is a terrible reason to not work, everyone has to go through that bs. if you want to be your 'own man' take matters into your own hands, set up a business, engage in civil society just do something.

LORD NOSE
06-01-2012, 03:48 PM
easier said than done

Shadow Demon
06-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Yes, you need broad cultural change, and the right resources to do so. That's where civil society (including religion), politics and government comes in.

LORD NOSE
06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
people just aren't as strong and smart as we want them to be

and we as stupid people, point them out and make sure they feel stupid about being stupid

Shadow Demon
06-01-2012, 03:59 PM
how would you personally frame a solution then?

LORD NOSE
06-01-2012, 04:31 PM
it's all supposed to be like this - nothing is wrong

KERZO
06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
In the game of life there will always be winners & losers.

Shadow Demon
06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
In the game of life there will always be winners & losers.

The losers need to stop dragging down the winners

LORD NOSE
06-01-2012, 05:46 PM
in a room full of smokers, the non smoker is the loser

their smoke will effect him even quicker while he boast about the fact that he doesn't smoke

KERZO
06-01-2012, 05:56 PM
The losers need to stop dragging down the winners

Real winers help the losers and to be honest, I've always been the sorta dude who feels sorry for people and wants to help them, That's if they aren't a dick about it of course.

I sorta like my bill hicks/bill cosby thing I have going....

LORD NOSE
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
to most, a winner is a person who has the ability to buy allot of stuff

KERZO
06-01-2012, 06:33 PM
You can still win even if you lose!

KERZO
06-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Also, it doesn't count as gay buttsex unless your balls touch the dudes ass cheeks!

TIP ONLY!

Shadow Demon
06-02-2012, 04:07 AM
to most, a winner is a person who has the ability to buy allot of stuff

Not for me, but like most money is a key factor in life decisions imo