PDA

View Full Version : Continuum

soul controller
06-23-2012, 07:39 AM
GVlRud53QTQ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/

tag line from imdb
A detective from the year 2077 finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver and searching for ruthless criminals from the future.

official site

http://continuumtheseries.com/

Description from wikipedia

Vancouver City Protective Services (CPS) Protector Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Nichols_%28actress%29)) is transported from the year 2077 to 2012 when a group of terrorists from her time escapes execution by fleeing to present day. In order to track them down and stop them from endangering the past, Kiera joins the local police force and uses the skills of a young tech genius, Alec Sadler (Erik Knudsen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Knudsen)). The future of 2077 is a dystopian one in which world governments have collapsed and mega-corporations now dominate the planet, instituting a high-surveillance police state and removing many basic social freedoms. The moral dilemma this presents is that the eight terrorists from 2077 (who call themselves "Liber8"), while self-admittedly having killed tens of thousands of people, consider themselves to be freedom fighters against the Orwellian corporate regime that dominates their time.
After Kiera goes back in time, the only person she can communicate with via her technology is Alec Sadler, who in her time had invented the technology. However, in sixty years' time, an elderly Alec Sadler is actually the head of the mega-corporation Sadtech, whose technology may (inadvertently or otherwise) have been used to send Kiera and the others back in time. Young Alec points out that there are essentially two possibilities. The first is that this is a time loop, and elderly Alex in 2077 had already met Kiera, remembered everything they did together, and was possibly even inspired to create cybernetic technology from encountering "his" future work in her implants. In this case, nothing can be changed, and the mega-corporations will still dominate the planet in 2077. The second possibility is that the time travel of the terrorists and Kiera has altered the pre-existing timeline, and due to their intervention it is no longer certain what 2077 will be like. The first possibility more closely matches the fact that the 2077 version of Alec Sadler was the only witness to the escape of the Liber8 who seemed totally unsurprised as events unfolded early in episode one. Yet another possibility is that Old Alec, based on his earlier experiences (as Young Alec), knew that the rebels would make the time jump, and that he actually supports their actions.

I've watched the 1st 2 episodes so far, the pilot was very interesting..
but the 2nd.. made me kinda not want to watch the rest.. lol
as they make those who want freedom from the corporations as TERRORISTS, even tho the whole of the 1st episode shows how we live in a fascist state controlled by corporations ( who are not the govt, after bailing out all the govts of the world)

Anyone else seen this?

top rated comment from video clip posted

Don't fall for the propaganda. Continuum is saying that the corporations of the future that descended from the corporations of today are the good guys being attacked by terrorists. But we all know that the corporations of today are the real terrorists stripping away all human rights and wealth from all the countries around the world through financial thievery, the military industrial complex, slave labor in the 3rd world and the mass brainwashing media.

Frank Sobotka
06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
So this year saw the release of 2 shows featuring prisoners from a different time coming to 2012.

As for the corporate propaganda aspect, there are countless of shows that have you rooting for someone you are normally morally opposed to. Stargate is the most notable to me. More recently we have the Council in the legend of korra which is reminiscent of the parliaments they had in pre-french revolution era europe, where the 1% took up half the seats.

Btw, is there any real science-fiction series left on the air besides fringe?

soul controller
06-23-2012, 02:05 PM
So this year saw the release of 2 shows featuring prisoners from a different time coming to 2012.

As for the corporate propaganda aspect, there are countless of shows that have you rooting for someone you are normally morally opposed to. Stargate is the most notable to me. More recently we have the Council in the legend of korra which is reminiscent of the parliaments they had in pre-french revolution era europe, where the 1% took up half the seats.

Btw, is there any real science-fiction series left on the air besides fringe?

FRINGE is awesome., i liked the episode when they went to 2017? they should have done the rest of the series like that, then series 5, they could have showed us what happened in that alternative reality.. then bring in the people from the book, 'the original people' which im sure is what the next season will be about anyway.. kinda leaves nothing to do the imagination tho.. we know the main 3 cast members will be the original peoples.. lol

I dont undersatand your stargate comment. i was always rooting for daniel jackson and his crew.. well until the ori came and they got vala's daughter.. then i just wanted to see vala's daughter.. lolol cant recall her name..
in sg universe.. i was rooting for anyone.. apart from the dr.. lol and teh kid who completed teh computer game, to get a ticket onto star gate universe.!!

not much good sci fi out their.

Alpha's isnt bad.. reminds me of heroes.. but without the touchy feely shit, i love GARY in alpha;s his character is awesome.,

but yeah teh sci fi genre is pretty dead.
oh and falling skies is back. but the first 2 episodes of season 2 are :/

Frank Sobotka
06-23-2012, 02:52 PM
FRINGE is awesome., i liked the episode when they went to 2017? they should have done the rest of the series like that, then series 5, they could have showed us what happened in that alternative reality.. then bring in the people from the book, 'the original people' which im sure is what the next season will be about anyway.. kinda leaves nothing to do the imagination tho.. we know the main 3 cast members will be the original peoples.. lol

I dont undersatand your stargate comment. i was always rooting for daniel jackson and his crew.. well until the ori came and they got vala's daughter.. then i just wanted to see vala's daughter.. lolol cant recall her name..
in sg universe.. i was rooting for anyone.. apart from the dr.. lol and teh kid who completed teh computer game, to get a ticket onto star gate universe.!!

not much good sci fi out their.

Alpha's isnt bad.. reminds me of heroes.. but without the touchy feely shit, i love GARY in alpha;s his character is awesome.,

but yeah teh sci fi genre is pretty dead.
oh and falling skies is back. but the first 2 episodes of season 2 are :/Didn't read your fringe comment since I'm only on s04e14.

US Airforce covering up the greatest discovery ever that solves every problem we face today. How are they not the bad guy?

Saw an ad for Alphas that implied its based around the idea that human conciousness has godlike power.

The concept of actual aliens invading us they way falling skies implied just sounds ridiculous to me, so I don't bother with Falling Skies.

Any new ones being produced?

soul controller
06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
yeah falling skies and the whole aliens taking over is played out, and so far from it ever happening., there on season 2 of falling skies.. it kinda reminds me of jericho.. i dont know why, maybe its the acting/the way they shoot the series..

Sorry for the fringe spoilers.. Season 4, is the one thats just finished i think mmm.. how does season 4 begin? with the door way between the worlds connected?

haha i understand your stargate thing now.. i never saw it like tjhat, only cos i know the govt/millitary cover everything up. Even if there was an alien invasion, they would cover it up!

alpahs is very good i think. its not like consciousness.. people with abilities.. they havent explained how they get them. they just haz them.. lol

intersting spin they put on mk ultra in the last ep, saying the members of mk ultra was the 1st batch of alpha's

i guess the alphas are rainbow/crystal/indigo children lol

Im not sure if there is much in the works., if i see anything ill post it up, let me know if you get to watch continuum,

You mentioned 2 series in 2012 where prisoners are transported back.. which is the other one? the only other one i can think of is the failed steven spielsberg ( he also does falling skies) terra nova. but im not sure if criminals went back in time :s

touch was ok., but i didnt watch the last few episodes as the story was getting boring..
what would you recommend sci fi wise?

Shadow Demon
06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Is continuum any good? Canadian prod right? is it low budget

I cba with Fringe i lost my patience with it, and im glad Alcatraz was cancelled its was weak

soul controller
06-23-2012, 03:43 PM
yeah its not bad, might watch eps 3/4 in a bit. got fuck all planned for tonight.. lol

how could you lose patience with fringe? where did you watch up to?

all the drugs shit in the 1st season had me thinking.. did the military realise this shit when they used lsd and other drugs back in the 40's /50's

Shadow Demon
06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
dont get me wrong it was interesting, quality acting especially from the old dude and the tall Maasai looking black dudelol

i got up the bit where Olivia goes into another dimension? i imagine it heats up after that.

i want a amazing show with the similar intrique and production valuesof Lost to come out.
I thought 'TheRiver' would fill that gap but it didnt

soul controller
06-23-2012, 03:59 PM
lolol i feel you!!

lost wont ever be outshined ;/

Teh river was decent. had its moments.. shame it was one season, with a gay ending.. but i guess thats the only ending that they could do.. as majik cant escape!!

lol

teh black dude is in the wire! awesome actor. he was also in lost(he was john locks walk about usher.. lol. i recall him wheeling mr lock into a lift... )

The old dude in fringe is amazing.. he plays mainy roles, with altering characteristics..

fringe is the next best thing to lost

Shadow Demon
06-23-2012, 04:04 PM
ye ur right about the wire,

i might give it anothe try

yeah the river had that mysticism and potential. just ruined by gay acting, lack of real plot development etc.

Frank Sobotka
06-23-2012, 04:14 PM
dont get me wrong it was interesting, quality acting especially from the old dude and the tall Maasai looking black dudelol

i got up the bit where Olivia goes into another dimension? i imagine it heats up after that.

i want a amazing show with the similar intrique and production valuesof Lost to come out.
I thought 'TheRiver' would fill that gap but it didnt
But lost wasn't good at all.

soul controller
06-23-2012, 04:24 PM
:O:O:O

lost was amazing!! apart from the gayness of the character building in the opening 2 seasons, after that shit was mind blowing!!

my fave episodes where Born alone die alone (part 1 /2 /3)

and also , this place is death!
which was the most epic episode of all time

had to watch that twice in a row, it was so awesome.. fuck i feel like busting out my usb and watching lost from the beginning..

shadow give it another try., fringe from season 2 til it finished last season

Frank Sobotka
06-23-2012, 04:46 PM
:O:O:O

lost was amazing!! apart from the gayness of the character building in the opening 2 seasons, after that shit was mind blowing!!

my fave episodes where Born alone die alone (part 1 /2 /3)

and also , this place is death!
which was the most epic episode of all time

had to watch that twice in a row, it was so awesome.. fuck i feel like busting out my usb and watching lost from the beginning..

shadow give it another try., fringe from season 2 til it finished last seasonThey were just making shit up as they went along.
Putting mysteries into the series they had no intention of resolving.

Did anyone else notice the similarities between the third seasons of Fringe & Farscape?

soul controller
06-23-2012, 05:18 PM
never watched farscape..

i dont recall any mysteries in lost being un resolved.. it all fitted neatly together..

confusing at first. but once you worked shit out.. it was amazing.. which is why i think alot of people didnt like it.. as you had to work out teh answers yourself, instead of seeing the answer and being like ahhh thats it.. lol

farscape was like some babylon 5 show?

Shadow Demon
06-24-2012, 05:07 AM
lost ending was dissapointing but no doubt the writes bullshited the fans, but even when most people gave up like around s4/s5 i stuck with it cause it was still great,

the locations, the acting, the mysticism, the raw emotions, and the soundtrack was excellent

soul controller
06-24-2012, 05:23 AM
To me, the ending was perfect, as it was/is what i believe this reality is.

a simulation, brought to us by our collective consciousness.

when out side this simulation, we are one and connected.
the characters in lost, needed to know,/realise that their reality, was not really REAL.

to me, the show got better and better with each series/episode

thats probably the only show ive watched, that i fiended for the next episode straight away!!

I didnt watch seasons 1-3 until season 4 began, and they i watched everything altogether.. when season 6 began, i watched seasons 4-6 again,

Their is a lot of dialogue, and mysticism as you put it in lost,
it is pretty hard to keep track,, but from my viewpoint

there was nothing left un finished in the series.

perfect/flawlesss series

Frank Sobotka
06-24-2012, 07:12 AM
To me, the ending was perfect, as it was/is what i believe this reality is.

a simulation, brought to us by our collective consciousness.

when out side this simulation, we are one and connected.
the characters in lost, needed to know,/realise that their reality, was not really REAL.

to me, the show got better and better with each series/episode

thats probably the only show ive watched, that i fiended for the next episode straight away!!

I didnt watch seasons 1-3 until season 4 began, and they i watched everything altogether.. when season 6 began, i watched seasons 4-6 again,

Their is a lot of dialogue, and mysticism as you put it in lost,
it is pretty hard to keep track,, but from my viewpoint

there was nothing left un finished in the series.

perfect/flawlesss seriesYou're projecting your own ideas onto it, the writers had no idea what they were doing.

soul controller
06-24-2012, 12:36 PM
thats what makes it so perfect,

art is appreciated by the viewer? as they cant interpret it to how ever they want? lol

nice convo, thanks
Peace,

ShaDynasty
06-24-2012, 01:10 PM
one of the head writers of lost wrote prometheus, which is dope. and i remember enjoying the first series of lost but after a certain point it got frustrating, what even happened in the end? it was all a dream or something?

Shadow Demon
06-24-2012, 05:43 PM
^jeez i can scarcely remember i think most of em ended up in heaven lol, which was a fail

they fucked up the whole jack being the defender of the island dynamic

soul probably knows full explanation

soul controller
06-26-2012, 05:01 AM
in heaven? they never said heaven or mentioned heaven,

but thats how people translated it,.

fuck prometheus, some of my friends have seen it, and they;ve told me already ill hate it, i dont expect hollywood to make decent movies, or show humans or other cultures in a positive light, when it comes to movies like 2012/prometheus or shit like avatar,

especially when you know, as above, so below.,

to me all these movies are for, is mass pre programming of the masses.

Frank Sobotka
06-26-2012, 11:04 AM

fuck prometheus, some of my friends have seen it, and they;ve told me already ill hate it, i dont expect hollywood to make decent movies, or show humans or other cultures in a positive light, when it comes to movies like 2012/prometheus or shit like avatar,

If you look at the media individually, the television is a much better tool to pre-program the masses.

Recently read a quote from a spanish film maker that sums up hollywood pretty well: "We can do anything but don't have the money for it whereas hollywood can do nothing but has the money for everything.

Shadow Demon
06-26-2012, 11:12 AM

how did they mention it then?

second half of prometheus is wack but it still worth watching

soul controller
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I dont understand sorry, how did they mention what? :S

i think everyone thinks their in heaven due to, the room in the very last episode, its a hall from memory that contained religious symbolry from many many religion, then the door opened, and their was bright ass light, and they walked through. the end.

but people dont recall what they spoke about in that episode, or how the place came to be, the explained it very well in my eyes, especially in the episodes building up to the end..

Kearny. i dont understand how hollywood gets so much cash, im sure its some backwards ass shit with wall street involved, many of the production companies / advertising firms, must go broke, due to the huge amounts of cash wasted on marketing and promotion., if they never had that budget for marketing and promotion. every movie would make a profit,..

i like your quote tho. was teh quote from an independent film maker? lol

the best (in the last 20 years or so) movies have been independently released..
they put more effort into the storyline, character development, and rationale in the story, while hollywood just throws gzas pyro technic flow, with some over priced star, and with storys full of holes.. ;/

either of you seen attack the block? thats a pretty funny sci fi movie, one of the best films ive seen in the last few years.. its by the peoples who made shaun of the dead..

Frank Sobotka
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I dont understand sorry, how did they mention what? :S

i think everyone thinks their in heaven due to, the room in the very last episode, its a hall from memory that contained religious symbolry from many many religion, then the door opened, and their was bright ass light, and they walked through. the end.

but people dont recall what they spoke about in that episode, or how the place came to be, the explained it very well in my eyes, especially in the episodes building up to the end..

Kearny. i dont understand how hollywood gets so much cash, im sure its some backwards ass shit with wall street involved, many of the production companies / advertising firms, must go broke, due to the huge amounts of cash wasted on marketing and promotion., if they never had that budget for marketing and promotion. every movie would make a profit,..

i like your quote tho. was teh quote from an independent film maker? lol

the best (in the last 20 years or so) movies have been independently released..
they put more effort into the storyline, character development, and rationale in the story, while hollywood just throws gzas pyro technic flow, with some over priced star, and with storys full of holes.. ;/

either of you seen attack the block? thats a pretty funny sci fi movie, one of the best films ive seen in the last few years.. its by the peoples who made shaun of the dead..
My guess it's the culture behind it where people just watch anything they put into theaters.

Shadow Demon
06-28-2012, 08:04 PM
@ soul controller i mean, what actually was the ending? as in did the directors clarify\?
as in my mind and of most, pretty much most of em went to heaven.

also can u explain how jack was up there too, when he was meant to be protecting the island?

havent seen it snce ifinished it so a bit confused

ShaDynasty
06-28-2012, 08:13 PM

or its entertainment and you need to chill the fuck out. Its a dope sci-fi action flick with an alien conspiracy theory thrown in the mix.

and what was wrong with avatar lol? people made a big deal of the fact its an old story in a new package but its pretty difficult to make a story thats totally original and still entertaining. nothing new under the sun.

soul controller
06-29-2012, 04:49 AM
or its entertainment and you need to chill the fuck out. Its a dope sci-fi action flick with an alien conspiracy theory thrown in the mix.

and what was wrong with avatar lol? people made a big deal of the fact its an old story in a new package but its pretty difficult to make a story thats totally original and still entertaining. nothing new under the sun.

LOL i think you need to 'chill the fuck out,' and not get hyper when someone doesnt rate the movie you love,

What was wrong with Avatar? humanity is what was wrong with avatar, thats happened on this planet, wiping our tribes/cultures/species. with no regard., all they care of is CASH, yet hollywood tries to make it like humans are evolved, caring about others and the planet, when obviously most of humanity are walking zombies, with no regard of their actions/in-actions,

I dont see what is dope about prometheus, yes i love all the aliens movies, i just dont like the mixing of real fact, with hollywood bullshit, that al;ways annoys, as the dumbed down masses, will only see thestoryline and not realise what is true about it,

If i want entertainment, i wouldnt watch movies that take themselves to seriously, theirs lots of things new under the sun. you just need where to look..

ShaDynasty
06-29-2012, 03:02 PM
you do realize that movies are art/entertainment right? lol at 'dumbing down'.

plus i am calm, and you need to have actually seen a film before you can rate it.

soul controller
06-29-2012, 05:25 PM
you do realize that movies are art/entertainment right? lol at 'dumbing down'.

plus i am calm, and you need to have actually seen a film before you can rate it.

thats why hollywood makes versions of real life events as movies?

lets see, the 911 trilogy(all 3 of them), the movie about the female soldier in iraq that was rescued.. and pearl harbour

All those movies have convinced people, that those movies are based on real events/history, so hence yesh it is dumbed down.

their is so much programming in hollywood movies, its a joke. ive also posted a lot of those articles from vigilentcitizen.com who thoroughly research what they say..

but yeah.. keep loling at dumbed down..

also. if you check many of the production companies.. like chris carters ten thirteen (their are countless others) they are named after freemasonic rituals... even the icons/logo's used show this..

all it takes is some time to check this out.. its pretty basic.

ShaDynasty
06-29-2012, 05:45 PM
whats your point? that you are the kind of douchebag that had some kind of personal revelation when they watched a movie and found out it wasn't a true story?

soul controller thinks little men live inside his plasma screen.

soul controller
06-29-2012, 05:51 PM
nah i think your an imbecile. you ask a question and i prove your point wrong. and you re act like alpha on his rag

i was showing that movies are not just for entertainment, hollywood uses them to get the populous to think certain ways , but i forgot, this is wu corp. people cant remember what they ask. let alone remember events to connect dots

what was your point when u said lol dumbed down?

cos your epitomizing what i was on about, is that the point you wanted to convey?

ShaDynasty
06-29-2012, 06:00 PM
nah i think your an imbecile. you ask a question and i prove your point wrong. and you re act like alpha on his rag

i was showing that movies are not just for entertainment, hollywood uses them to get the populous to think certain ways , but i forgot, this is wu corp. people cant remember what they ask. let alone remember events to connect dots
since you didn't even manage a coherent sentence, i sincerely doubt you showed anything like this.

what was your point when u said lol dumbed down?

cos your epitomizing what i was on about, is that the point you wanted to convey?

and once again i come back to the fact that 'based on a true story' is not the same as 'a true story'. If you are the idiot that can't tell the difference, blame yourself for being an idiot and not a secret society of screenwriters and producers spending all their time trying to put illuminati messages in their films that nobody gives a fuck about excpet for dweebs like you.

soul controller
06-29-2012, 06:18 PM
lololololll

but the masses believe those 'based on a true story'

not me.

hence my o.g point

who is blaming the secret society? or whoever else you said..

you cant even accept the messages exist, lolololol
you defend it as entertainment

nice... ignoring the fact that the dumbed down western world. take it as TRUTH,

(thats not me..just incase you couldnt grasp is from my previous sentences(

ShaDynasty
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
they take it as truth because they're idiots. they are gon be idiots regardless what type of movies are made. you can't save people, soul.

and the subtext (or actual text) of everything you write is 'i was touched by my uncle and now i can't trust anybody especially if they work for the government like my uncle did'.

soul controller
06-30-2012, 04:15 AM
they take it as truth because they're idiots. they are gon be idiots regardless what type of movies are made. you can't save people, soul.

and the subtext (or actual text) of everything you write is 'i was touched by my uncle and now i can't trust anybody especially if they work for the government like my uncle did'.

what a perfect way to respond instead of leaving it after the 1st paragraph. you just hate on me.. maybe you was raped by uncles,. hence your continual alcohol abuse?? (subtext is. you can rage about things that are not true, while i just drop truth.)

Ive actually worked in 3 govt posts.. which i have spoke about on wu corp in the past. and the only family i haz in the uk are siblings and mother/father.

ShaDynasty
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
well i was joking, i think you apply entirely too much importance on yourself saying that people 'hate on you'. really nobody gives a fuck.

soul controller
08-09-2012, 07:48 AM
what a dope fucking series, actually cant wait for season 2..

LIBER8!

on a side not.. i love how protestors are shown as low lives, in the wrong, evil, terrorists..

lol wanting freedom of speach is now considered terrorism..lol

i love how the media/ (the news/mainstream tv, and hollywood.. (check batman.. and the occupy propaganda) are so biassed against freedom..lol

reality is funny as fuck

Frank Sobotka
08-10-2012, 12:19 PM
what a dope fucking series, actually cant wait for season 2..

LIBER8!

on a side not.. i love how protestors are shown as low lives, in the wrong, evil, terrorists..

lol wanting freedom of speach is now considered terrorism..lol

i love how the media/ (the news/mainstream tv, and hollywood.. (check batman.. and the occupy propaganda) are so biassed against freedom..lol

reality is funny as fuckWe'll cheer for whoever is put forward as the good guy.

How can you say this is a good show yet completely hate the political undertones? I saw a few episodes and it has to be the worst sci-fi I've ever seen, It makes Terra Nova look like BSG.

soul controller
09-12-2012, 05:58 AM
the political undertones that are being pushed.. ie people who want freedom justice and democracy are seen as terrorists,.

i love this show, as it shows the mind frame that they want people to be in..

ie/. did you know that if you quote the bill of rights/constitution to cops in america, your classed as a terrorist? lolol

hopefully shows like this, will make up the consumerist zombies, and show them they are just slaves, pandering to their masters..

again this show is dope due to the issues it is raising.

(corporations being the world govts)

soul controller
09-12-2012, 06:20 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/281970_501826866512213_278619508_n.jpg

The word brand, comes from slavery, basically means to be owned by the mark that is on you