PDA

View Full Version : Empathy

diggy
07-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Sometimes when a person is angry or sad, I feel that way too. Or sometimes when a person is undergoing something painful, I feel pain...

A technique is to try to feel the emotion you know a person has and try to reason what their behaviour would be. Or you could pretend you are that person (a person who's personality you understand) and see what feelings that leads to.

Build.

KATO
07-04-2012, 09:07 PM
I have the ability to be empathetic in most situations, though depending on the severity I tend to display an emotion (quietly) more-so than not of a, "Sucks to be you" or "Better you than me" characteristic.

That being said, I'm not an asshole or anything, but being empathetic and sympathetic are closely knit together, but sympathy is a quality I lack in a majority of cases.

Best example? Picture telling Clint Eastwood you're hurt, or really sick and need comforting

http://www.moviespad.com/photos/clint-eastwood-birthday-party-ce647.jpg

or better yet, picture Hank Hill from "King of the Hill" and how he would react to hearing about how you broke up with your boyfriend/girlfriend:

rM02vHtftd0&feature=related

D.projectile
07-05-2012, 12:44 PM
fly on the wall docs like Big Brother and also the net-forums too give us the chance to get littlle bit more of an understanding of those we may have considered different from us. Shows like big bro can be considered a gift n a tool to understandin us as humans.
minglin with peeps and studyin peeps is importante for this although the ego wont always allow for that. the erb makes introspection a little easier

LORD NOSE
07-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I absorb everything - that's one reason I don't like being in large crowds

KERZO
07-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah I'm one over-empathetic sensitive mofo. I either feel sorry for someone or wanna stick my foot up dey ass!

LORD NOSE
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah I'm one over-empathetic sensitive mofo. I either feel sorry for someone or wanna stick my foot up dey ass!

I usually end up wanting to put my foot up the ass of those I feel sorry for.

Not in a sexual way either

food for thought
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Sometimes when a person is angry or sad, I feel that way too. Or sometimes when a person is undergoing something painful, I feel pain...

there was a time in my life where this would happen to me, pretty severly

very hard to describe but it was a very realistic and somewhat overwhelming feeling that was hard, if not impossible, to control

food for thought
07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
I usually end up wanting to put my foot up the ass of those I feel sorry for.

Not in a sexual way either

hahaha

reminds me of when Mooney was talking about wanting to cry when he sees a homeless white person LOL

LORD NOSE
07-06-2012, 02:13 PM
We eat the light that others give off with their eyes

Shadow Demon
07-06-2012, 03:56 PM

Build.

I completely agree, I cant watch docu's on people with severe disabilities or facial disconfigurations etc, people like watching that stuff (not on a sadistic tip) but i dont

same with ish on genocide etc

LORD NOSE
07-07-2012, 01:09 AM
We eat the light that others give off with their eyes

in saying this.... When people are angry and sad their body language and faces express what they are going through and we eat that and it becomes a part of us. And it becomes harder for us to digest when we take their expressions personal.

hahaha

reminds me of when Mooney was talking about wanting to cry when he sees a homeless white person LOL

everybodys suffering is our suffering

Lol. Mooney is a nut though

Big Smokes
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
^youre right Sunny Winters & OP i find myself feeling like this

V4D3R
07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
water signs?

Soul Controller
07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I used to feel crazy empathy for close friends, over time that has dwindled, due to people not learning lessons,

I dont feel empathy anymore when people put themselves in fucked up situations, especially when they know better.

i have lots of empathy for people who have had no choice or say in the badness that has happened to them.. ie events done by govts and corporations against people who live in relative peace,

peoples whose lives have been ruined, due to no fault of their own.. i feel empathy for

but i cant feel empathy for ignorant motherfuckers, they deserve everythign they get

LORD NOSE
07-11-2012, 09:21 PM
water signs?

yup

V4D3R
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
^3y3 kno u are

wut about the others that feel it strongly?

V4D3R
07-14-2012, 09:48 AM
waters signs get fucked up by this fact, we all all introverted reciprocals that can read feelings pretty good. bad vibes...empathy...sensitivity to everything...even an animal dying.

That high pitch noise you hear sometimes and you have a headache...plants crying out for water.