PDA

View Full Version : Black College Graduates Are Having A Hard Time Finding A Job

CharlesJones
07-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I read about this recently in Jet magazine and it saddens me that black college graduates are having a hard time getting a job. You would think that a college degree would be a big help for getting a job but that doesn't matter because the job world is a evil place especially for blacks. That's the way it's always gonna be. That's exactly why i didn't go to college because i knew it wouldn't guarantee me a good job and plus i didn't wanna be bothered with paying a lot of money back for school. I don't care what nobody says. Racist whites are the reason why there's a lot of unemployed blacks. Whites would rather hire foreigners than blacks because they feel foreigners are harder workers than blacks. Plus foreigners take a lot of jobs that blacks don't want and they'll take low pay which blacks won't take. I'm lucky i got the 2 jobs i got and i don't complain about my jobs because i finally found jobs that i like. I hate looking for a job and that's why i don't complain about my jobs because i could be unemployed. Being unemployed is a terrible situation and it can lead to depression and suicide. I thought about suicide before when i was unemployed and if i had killed myself, i wouldn't care because i'd rather be dead than be broke and alive.

Whites will never understand why some blacks sell drugs, steal, rob to get money because poor unemployed blacks aren't gonna sit around and wait on a white man to call them about a job. That's just the way it is. I don't think getting money the illegal way is a good thing but that's what unemployed black men are gonna do because they don't like being broke. Unemployed black women are gonna be prostitutes and club strippers to get money. I also think some black women have a bunch of kids on purpose so they can be on welfare and get free money, housing, food stamps so they don't have to work.

Big Smokes
07-07-2012, 03:45 PM
did you hear about the guy a hopskins university ?

KATO
07-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Blacks aren't the ONLY ones having trouble getting a job after graduating college.....e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e is, race is irrelevant regarding this issue.

rakimkoolgrapwutang
07-07-2012, 06:15 PM
yes i co-sign with jordan michaelz except 4 possibly immigrants cuz theyll take anything. is there any stats or proof in this jet magazine 2 show that blacks r having a harder time

Shadow Demon
07-07-2012, 06:26 PM
blah blah blah

Charles your a gimp

most people are facing shit like this, not just Blacks

and FYI

immigrant workers whether African, Arab, w/e are generally harder working than long time residents of a country

Lol @ thinking only black university graduates face a turbulent and crappy job market.

its obvious your one of these crumbs who blame whites for all your problems, because apparently their is no such thing as free will and individual values

diggy
07-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I heard a few white and asian college grads that are children of coworkers of some of my fam members and yah it's tough, no matter what colour your skin is. Basically, in ma city, it's food service jobs or retail. Sucks.

KERZO
07-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Where are those millionaires looking for hot man buttsex when ya need em eh?

check two
07-07-2012, 07:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8VUyi.png

PALEFORCE
07-07-2012, 07:54 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

whos that crab ass nigger supposed to be?

EAGLE EYE
07-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Lil Fame of M.O.P

this is one of my more elaborate creations

THE W
07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
too many job seekers and not enough entrepreneurs. there arent enough positions for all these job seekers. they need to establish their own positions.

KATO
07-08-2012, 12:41 AM
too many job seekers and not enough entrepreneurs. there arent enough positions for all these job seekers. they need to establish their own positions.

I'd like to start my own establishment, but:

- having a lack of potential partnership to split costs, and attribute to the financial side of things makes it difficult

- having weak networking contacts, with little opportunity available to gain new ones

- lack of initial funds, and therefore paying for everything yourself which is usually taken out by a loan, given to you by a bank; and having to pay back sufficiently huge debt, which really sucks in a shit economy.

I've heard people taking lines-of-credit out to start a business, which is similar to a bank loan, but the interest rate is much lower......I don't know anyone who's opened their own business though.

Shadow Demon
07-08-2012, 03:54 AM
^what about pooling resources with family

THE W
07-08-2012, 07:38 AM
I'd like to start my own establishment, but:

- having a lack of potential partnership to split costs, and attribute to the financial side of things makes it difficult

- having weak networking contacts, with little opportunity available to gain new ones

- lack of initial funds, and therefore paying for everything yourself which is usually taken out by a loan, given to you by a bank; and having to pay back sufficiently huge debt, which really sucks in a shit economy.

I've heard people taking lines-of-credit out to start a business, which is similar to a bank loan, but the interest rate is much lower......I don't know anyone who's opened their own business though.
who said it would be easy? it takes some doing but its far from impossible. there are tons of small and mid-size businesses out there. how did they get started?

another entrepreneurial option is for people to go into the skilled trades and charge people for their services. people are always gonna need things to be fixed, maintained or remodeled.

quite frankly more people really do need to learn skilled trades as the demand for them will never diminish and only increase.

KATO
07-08-2012, 08:19 AM

Unfortunately not an option. The lack of funds is also a family issue, as well as the fact they don't share the same vision of the kind of establishment I would like to acquire. Plus their content with their choice of working for someone rather than themselves

who said it would be easy? it takes some doing but its far from impossible. there are tons of small and mid-size businesses out there. how did they get started?

another entrepreneurial option is for people to go into the skilled trades and charge people for their services. people are always gonna need things to be fixed, maintained or remodeled.

quite frankly more people really do need to learn skilled trades as the demand for them will never diminish and only increase.

Trades are always going to be there, but the conditions are shit. Why work and bust your ass in a career where:

- your option of having to use the bathroom results in having to use a porter potty in the middle of a 45+ degree weather, that hasn't been changed in about a month, and the lack on sanitary conditions are close to nil.

- You work with uneducated idiots, or convicts who use the word "fuck" like it was their last name throughout the day, get high on the job, get drunk on the job, because it's the only way to keep your sanity.

- The superiors in this line of work are fucking assholes who expect deadlines to be met using an unrealistic mindset, and in a line of work where they want "efficiency" and "quickness" rather than "quality" and "carefulness" it's difficult to comply when their job isn't on the line and ours is.

- overtime is usually a guarantee, and when you don't have the option to pick up dinner, and the last time you ate was 12pm, and you're working until 8pm, and are expected to be back by 6am the next morning, your cranky, pissed off, etc etc is bullshit

^ having that compared to working in an office where its got air conditioning in the summer, heat in the winter, you're seldomly on-call, get paid for sitting at an office where the majority of the time you're playing solitaire, you're almost always guaranteed to be off at 4pm everyday with always havign stat-holidays off and weekends off, have free coffee and tea at the companies expense, decent sanitary restrooms that are cleaned nightly, have catering brought to you regularly through the month, etc etc

I am describing the work conditions from working at RIM Technologies personally, and they have to be the most pampered assholes I've ever seen; why would you work through the alternative when this potentially could be an option, considering in trades you're probably making less than these I.T jag-offs, and you're doing more work than they could ever dream of doing getting paid HALF of that?......

I'd rather be a white collar over a blu collar any-day, unfortunately the white-collar profile is usually an option only assisted by knowing somebody rather than "what" you know

LORD NOSE
07-08-2012, 10:10 AM

egg zack lee

but allot of college graduates were not trained to be independent - they are trained to be sycophants easily used by powerful men

LORD NOSE
07-08-2012, 10:25 AM
......I don't know anyone who's opened their own business though.

this is important

family members are less familiar with each other these days

everyone is "doing there own thing"

there was a time when everyone had to go over to the family member house who had the TV in order to watch that one program that everyone sat around and watched

now people are watching the youtube videos that they made of themselves in a separate room in the house

Unfortunately not an option. The lack of funds is also a family issue, as well as the fact they don't share the same vision of the kind of establishment I would like to acquire. Plus their content with their choice of working for someone rather than themselves

niggas we know ain't trying to hear about poolin resources together

i would assume that most big businesses started off theiving and conning and killing to get their money up to start business

Trades are always going to be there, but the conditions are shit. Why work and bust your ass in a career where:

- your option of having to use the bathroom results in having to use a porter potty in the middle of a 45+ degree weather, that hasn't been changed in about a month, and the lack on sanitary conditions are close to nil.

- You work with uneducated idiots, or convicts who use the word "fuck" like it was their last name throughout the day, get high on the job, get drunk on the job, because it's the only way to keep your sanity.

- The superiors in this line of work are fucking assholes who expect deadlines to be met using an unrealistic mindset, and in a line of work where they want "efficiency" and "quickness" rather than "quality" and "carefulness" it's difficult to comply when their job isn't on the line and ours is.

- overtime is usually a guarantee, and when you don't have the option to pick up dinner, and the last time you ate was 12pm, and you're working until 8pm, and are expected to be back by 6am the next morning, your cranky, pissed off, etc etc is bullshit

^ having that compared to working in an office where its got air conditioning in the summer, heat in the winter, you're seldomly on-call, get paid for sitting at an office where the majority of the time you're playing solitaire, you're almost always guaranteed to be off at 4pm everyday with always havign stat-holidays off and weekends off, have free coffee and tea at the companies expense, decent sanitary restrooms that are cleaned nightly, have catering brought to you regularly through the month, etc etc

I am describing the work conditions from working at RIM Technologies personally, and they have to be the most pampered assholes I've ever seen; why would you work through the alternative when this potentially could be an option, considering in trades you're probably making less than these I.T jag-offs, and you're doing more work than they could ever dream of doing getting paid HALF of that?......

I'd rather be a white collar over a blu collar any-day, unfortunately the white-collar profile is usually an option only assisted by knowing somebody rather than "what" you know

i know your pain

starting your business is good, but in order to make the real big money, you are most likely at some point going to need competent help. and that is one of the biggest problems to getting big

Shadow Demon
07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
^that's true about the resources thing sunny its a shame because there some good opportunities out there

im indian and alot indians are doing well and caking it by just setting up convenience stores..the product sells itself, zero advertising needed, often resilient versus big chain stores...people always need cigarettes and alcohol.

LORD NOSE
07-08-2012, 03:36 PM
It's either you and your family make moves as a unit and take care of each other or, you and your family work for other peoples families so they can make moves and take care of each other

Most lack drive and confidence to do for self

THE W
07-08-2012, 03:38 PM

im not talking about going into construction.

if you know how to install roofing, for example, you start off with your family members either for free or for dirt cheap. you do roofing work for them and do a good job at it. they refer you to their friends. they allow them to come over and see your work. they like the work and they contact you to do work for them. you charge them for the work. BAM, you're an en treprenuer making money. as you work up your client base you make more money and are able to invest in your business by buying more and better equipment to do the job.

you wont need to spend money on a storefront. just tools, equipment, and a vehicle to carry it all.

PALEFORCE
07-08-2012, 05:35 PM
I started 2 businesses on a shoestring budget

if niggers stopped buying jordans and started paying their bills.....

EAGLE EYE
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually..

If you have a new idea for a business or product, you can raise capitol by taking advantage of services like Kick Starter.

There are a lot of options out there, but people either arent aware of them or really like the sound of themselves whining.

America has no choice but to reinvent its economy to be more entrepreneur-orientated. Especially considering non-skilled manual labor will become obsolete in our lifetimes.

KATO
07-08-2012, 07:32 PM
^ I'd like to make my own martial arts facility, and teach lessons as well as sell merchandise, but I think the teaching is a different aspect altogether regarding opening a business, which I think is a lil more difficult; though I am completely oblivious to it so I stand to be corrected

PALEFORCE
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I have friends that do that...its easy...you dont make alot of money though...the money is made from having pro fighters.

EAGLE EYE
07-08-2012, 08:29 PM
^ I'd like to make my own martial arts facility, and teach lessons as well as sell merchandise, but I think the teaching is a different aspect altogether regarding opening a business, which I think is a lil more difficult; though I am completely oblivious to it so I stand to be corrected

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Foot_fist_way.jpg

I think you should watch this movie

EAGLE EYE
07-08-2012, 09:01 PM
But seriously..

If Hipsters (the most useless human beings currently alive) can do this..

http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/08/portland-hipsters-raise-20k-to-make-leather-handles-for-bikes/

then whats stopping someone who actually has a real vision

PALEFORCE
07-08-2012, 09:18 PM
duh white man

*sticks out hand for free shit and pity*

LORD NOSE
07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Why doesn't this nigga get it ?

PALEFORCE
07-08-2012, 09:28 PM
get what?

june181972
07-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Black college men end up just a few dollars ahead of Whites who went no further than high school.

I 1st heard this statistic from Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad, director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black-Culture during a small community forum/workshop.
I've never read this book, but it is also stated in: Two Nations, by Andrew Hacker

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Black unemployment is consistently near double that of whites, percentage wise.

EAGLE EYE
07-12-2012, 03:39 AM
but allot of college graduates were not trained to be independent - they are trained to be sycophants easily used by powerful men

People like Peter Thiel are changing that age old custom

CharlesJones
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
I just read yesterday that the unemployment rate for blacks is 14%. Of course that percentage is higher than unemployed whites. So if it isn't racist whites fault that a lot of blacks are unemployed, who's fault is it? Whites will hire foreigners before they hire blacks. Foreigners can come to america and don't speak english and get a job. I know people need a job to get money but i say fuck a job because most jobs work people to death. I really feel bad for people who have low paying jobs because those jobs are the worst. Hard labor jobs are the worst and i'll never work at a factory and a warehouse ever again.

IrOnMaN
07-14-2012, 01:50 PM
I think the most important thing to realize is in order to start a business, one needs money, YEARS of experience, a business plan, and support. In the case of blacks, it's not like one can wake up one morning and say, "I'm going to start me a business today because I can't get a job." It's not as easy as you think.

One needs years of experience, not a college degree. When a doctor starts his/her business, they have at least 10-15 of experience. No fresh out of medical school doctor will start their own practice. Why? No experience.

Plus, in the black community, where's the support? Where's this money going to come from? Every other race has that support and a social network except blacks.

I think we just need a new outlook on everything that's currently going on.

PALEFORCE
07-15-2012, 05:53 PM

Shadow Demon
07-15-2012, 06:14 PM
you could give any one person a sum of money nd tell them to invest in or set up a business and guaranteed some of the time they would fuck it up (this is for all peoples although asians, continental africans and jews are balling in this department)

Big Smokes
07-18-2012, 10:27 AM
relates to all races

CharlesJones
07-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I agree with Ironman. He's speaking the truth. It's not easy to have your own business especially for blacks. Yeah a lot of blacks back in the day had businesses but in those days, blacks had to have their own business because racist whites didn't want blacks shopping in their stores. Bottom line is that the unemployment rate for blacks is always gonna be high because racist whites don't wanna hire blacks. If they do hire blacks, it'll be for jobs like Walmart, Target, fast food places, hard labor like factories, warehouses, delivery driver. Very rarely do you see a lot of blacks having office jobs where they have to wear a suit and tie and those are the jobs that pay good money.

food for thought
07-21-2012, 01:00 PM
they should have got a degree that means something then

CharlesJones
07-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Fool if you would read the topic i posted, you would see i said black college graduates can't get a job. A college degree doesn't guarantee a good job for blacks. I don't know why some blacks waste their time going to college anyway because college is too expensive and i know blacks don't wanna be bothered with having to pay a college debt. If some blacks get a college scholarship, they don't have to be bothered with a college debt. But most blacks can't afford college and most of them don't get scholarships. School sucks anyway because most classes don't prepare blacks for a evil job market.

food for thought
07-21-2012, 01:21 PM
yea cause there arent open technical positions nation wide with companies who need to meet their EEO Affirmative Action quotas. if you went to school, you would have learned that, faggit.

youre stupid as fuck. no wonder youre a janitor. you shouldnt be commenting on anything cause your opinioin dosent mean shit. you scrub shit for a living.

food for thought
07-21-2012, 01:40 PM
BiTCH

CharlesJones
07-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Oooh you're dissing me because i'm a janitor hahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm gonna cry LOL.

Shadow Demon
07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Charles if your sensible enough to not be a ghetto faggot living on welfare, you should be sensible enough to know that whites on their own arent to blame for blacks situation.

as said before there are affirmative action policies and shit.

dudes dont even need to go to university to necessarily succeed in life.

do a diploma or certificate in retail management, managing department stores, fast food joints etc, its a solid paycheck in one of the ONLY job sectors that keeps on growing

Shadow Demon
07-21-2012, 02:10 PM
and whoever keeps harping on about corporations being 100% evil, get real

a paycheck is a paycheck, if you have the means save up some money to pool into a business or get some sort of qualification doesnt have to be college.

i know fresh from the village indians who came to the uk and set up corner shopswith like 20 relatives and there going around driving Benz's caking up from a business a retard could run

IrOnMaN
07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
they should have got a degree that means something then

That's the point. During high school and the freshman years in college, all people talked about was being an engineer, majoring in biology , computer science or chemistry. The problem was math, physics and chemistry. They could hack it because for them, it was too difficult. Most of them dropped out and went to a community college doing medical stuff. I consider myself blessed.

yea cause there arent open technical positions nation wide with companies who need to meet their EEO Affirmative Action quotas. if you went to school, you would have learned that, faggit.

youre stupid as fuck. no wonder youre a janitor. you shouldnt be commenting on anything cause your opinioin dosent mean shit. you scrub shit for a living.

Ouch!

diggy
07-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Ya, game the system. Use Affirmative action if you have to. You already have some solid advice on here.

Shadow Demon
07-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey Tectrus was it a degree in Geology you did? are you still struggling for work ?

IrOnMaN
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey Tectrus was it a degree in Geology you did? are you still struggling for work ?

Yes. No, I found a job back in January 2012. I'm doing well, actually. Detroit has a very messed up unemployment rate. Thankfully, I have a degree and work experience because some don't have experience nor a Bachelor's degree.

LORD NOSE
07-23-2012, 05:23 PM
every one where they at

we can be dissatisfied with where we are in life and believe that we deserve better

but you'll only get better when you do better -

too many people believe that they should be a boss - but they don''t do what bosses do or think the way bosses think - if they were put in a bosses position, they'd most likely lose their lives - it's all about knowing your place and being happy with yourself with what you got - and if you want more, do more to get more -

many believed that by being able to say that they went to college, this would automatically get them accepted in corporate america with out them doing the work - if you are an incompetent, inconsiderate, lazy movaphuka with out a degree, with a degree, you'll be the same person

IrOnMaN
07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
^Yeah. One can be book smart but without life skills, people skills, working in a team, and to be able to think for yourself, he/she will fail unless that person has a good network of friends and family.

Shadow Demon
07-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Yes. No, I found a job back in January 2012. I'm doing well, actually. Detroit has a very messed up unemployment rate. Thankfully, I have a degree and work experience because some don't have experience nor a Bachelor's degree.

fair game to you, i was gonna say ud have to branch out elsewhere in the country for such a specific degree even abroad.