PDA

View Full Version : exclusive Big Shug interview @ claaa7 site

claaa7
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
this is part 1 of a 2 part interview, discussing Shug's forthcoming album and what to expect from it; his working relationship with Premier, growing up with GURU, and what it was like recording "We Miss You" and much more. part 2 will be up soon. enjoy:

http://claaa7.blogspot.se/2012/07/exclusive-interview-big-shug-pt-1.html

JASPER BEARDLY
07-08-2012, 05:49 PM
props on this bro

claaa7
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
thanks.. i'll let y'all know when Part 2 is up, it's very interesting as well.. i got some more dope interviews on the way that i think you will find very interesting!

THE MASON
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
good read, waiting on pt.2

Shadow Demon
07-08-2012, 08:09 PM
wow props at gettin an interview with big shug

dope blog and im glad its getting recognition for promoting the culture

claaa7
07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
good you thought it was a dope read.. the second part is very interesting as well, which is up now:

http://claaa7.blogspot.se/2012/07/exclusive-interview-big-shug-pt-2.html

enjoy!

Pestilence
07-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Props for this, don't have time to read this at the moment but will check it out later. Haven't listened to his new single, is it any good, got any expectations for his new album?

claaa7
07-13-2012, 10:36 AM
yeah i have heard 7 sogns, so almost half the album; and i pre-ordered it yesterday. it's sounding dope, "Still Here", "New Era", the song with Reks and Termanology and the DJ Premier produced "Spit Six", "Hardbodie" and the amazing GURU (tribute which Shug spoke in length about during Part 1 of this interview) are all terrific shit. the only joint i haven't been too keen on is "Big Fly Homie", so 6 out of 17 so far is looking good, don't you think?

THE MASON
07-13-2012, 10:57 AM
nice, a Shug album with premo would be ill and i would check a soul album from Shug. i dont really know what id expect but itd be interesting. this would be the best time to drop an album like that i think

claaa7
07-25-2012, 08:20 AM
just received "I.M. 4-Eva" and this shit is a winner for sure... little dissapointed i couldn't get it on wax, but on the other hand the 36 page CD booklet and the dopeness of the LP makes up for it. anyone else bought this yet, or at least heard it and if so what you think?

Shadow Demon
07-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Need to check it out

"My Boston" and "Play It" is one of my favourite Premo beats so it will be interesting to check the beats on here.

claaa7
07-31-2012, 12:17 PM
trust me, it's dope.. there's a few joints that so-so but there's enough extreme heat to justify the purchase, especially the booklet, which is CRAZY.

for those that liked this interview, in a few hours you can check out part 1 of my interview with Oxygen AKA Ox The Architect, a super ill Long Island emcee who's part of Soundsci with Audessey from Mass Influence, Spox-PhD with DJ Spinna and formerly the really ill Sputnik Brown crew.

also Lost Tapes is the only site in history to have posted the FULL INI "Center Of Attention" album as it was originally supposed to have been heard if it was released. not even Pete Rock said this existed, guess he didnt count on the few test presses leaking huh.. needless to say it's an amazing musical experience to finally get to hear it