PDA

View Full Version : Question: Within Nas's Catalogue Where Does Life Is Good Sit?

Big Smokes
07-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Question:: Within Nas's Catalogue Where Does Life Is Good Sit?
Between all of Nas's Album Where Does Life Is Good Sit?

Thoughts Yo?

It's so hard to decide man, definately his best post-2000 but let's dig deeper

Illmatic
It Was Written
I Amů
Nastradamus
Stillmatic
God's Son
Street's Disciple
Hip Hop Is Dead
Untitled
Life Is Good

SickT
07-14-2012, 09:07 AM
IMO on the same level as hip hop is dead. better than untitled, street's disciple and nastradamus.

wukillabee25
07-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Better than Street's Disciple, Nastradamus and Nigger. Slightly below HHiD and I Am.

Jin10304
07-14-2012, 01:10 PM
A little too early to ask this question dont you think? You need to really give it time to digest to truly see at least it ranks for any post 2000 Nas release

THUGNIFICENT
07-14-2012, 01:49 PM
what jin said.. it hasnt even been a week yet, let alone a month or a year. everybody rushes to have an early opinion SMH... let the music build, construct a full opinion about it

claaa7
07-15-2012, 04:08 AM
agreed that it's way too early, we had years with all the other albums and this one not even a week. there's things like replay value that's important to the equation. for example, when i first heard "Hip-Hop is Dead", i absolutely loved "Not Going Back", and did so maybe the first 5-10 times i listened to the disc.. soon it became my least favorite and i still think it just drags and is overall boring.

this might be his best album since "God's Son" or "Stillmatic" though.. i like all of Nas albums a lot, his worst ones are the retails of "I Am..." and "Nastradamus" imo

$inista
07-15-2012, 05:04 AM
fuck all that BS illmatic it is! every track is fire compare every album track listing yea his other albums are dope too but IMO they just compliment illmatic & after stillmatic his albums are not as solid

TheFunkyDrummer
07-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Claaa7 is right about it being too soon to choose but I will say this:

This album sucks. Most of the beats are bad and Nas humiliated himself with those awful lyrics, he did have some left on Distant Relatives and now it's all gone. Nothing memorable at all, only the double entendre Loco Motive but that one has a lot of filler. People talking about it's better than Hiphop Is Dead? The track "Who Killed It?" shits on every track on this album. Untitled did have better lyrics, Nas has to do better but I don't think he will do better anymore. I Am has lots of filler but it has NY State of Mind Part 2, Undying Love and Nas is Like therefore it's already a million times better than anything on his latest album. Stillmatic and God's Son are far better than this record. Nas fell of worse than Common.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-15-2012, 08:50 AM
i think yall being too crittical yeah been too soon to choose on where it sits in the realm of all his work HHID had allot of good stuff but with Life is Good its no humliating dude is not 18 or whatever age he was when he dropped illmatic. he's a grown man and if you haven't grown with his music and expect him to drop another of this type of album your fooling your self several dope tracks like "A Queens Day" , "Locomotive" , "Back When" plus you cannot hate on the consistency in production on this album with most by NO-ID and Salaam Remi it's a banger to me.

KJR
09-01-2013, 02:02 PM
This is probably his best album since at least God's Son. imo anyway.

Young Gun
09-01-2013, 02:29 PM
This album is better than the second disc of Street's Disciple. I put it on Hip Hop is Dead's level. Not quite as good as Untitled, but still a strong album.

sickdog
09-01-2013, 03:23 PM
listened to it like 5 times after it came out. cant losten more, shit sucks big time.

INF
09-01-2013, 03:39 PM
bottom

PANDA PISS
09-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Illmatic and It Was Written are better. I don't think theres a massive difference in quality between the rest of his albums (i'd give all of them 3 or 4 out of 5) but i like this album slightly more.

KJR
09-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I didn't think Untitled was that good at all. At best a 3/5 album for me. HHID was around a 3.5/5. This album is better than both.

Ancient One
09-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Is this worth checking out?

KJR
09-03-2013, 08:44 AM
^yes