PDA

View Full Version : Young Zee Says He Wrote For Pras on the Score, Freestyling With Eminem etc

Big Smokes
07-14-2012, 10:47 AM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20368/title.young-zee-says-he-wrote-for-pras-on-the-fugees-the-score-recalls-freestyling-with-eminem/

DX: I’ve also heard you speak on the Fugees record The Score in the past, but not in detail. What did you get from that experience? I’ve heard you say you ghostwrote parts of the record. Was there some animosity that came from that?

Young Zee: Yeah, I wrote a lot of lyrics for um…for um…for um…What’s his name? Not Wyclef [Jean]; the other one…I forgot his name.

DX: Pras?

Young Zee: Yeah, [Pras], Praswell. I wrote a lot of lyrics for him. But besides the fact that I wrote lyrics for him, the lyrics I did myself on their album, they tried to say they wrote my lyrics. They wanted to take credit for the lyrics I wrote for them and the shit that I wrote for myself. We had the same lawyer at that time. My lawyer was like, “That’s not fair to Zee.” He put in a claim for us to sue and they paid us, me Pace and [Rah] Digga. That was that.

DX: Have you spoken with Pras since, or the Fugees about it?

Young Zee: Nah, I haven’t. I haven’t spoken to none of them about it. I spoke to Lauryn [Hill] about it when it happened. Me and Lauryn was actually on the phone for like an hour. She was like, “Why y’all suin’ us?” I was like, “Yeah? For what?” Then she told me. I was like, “Well, I didn’t know but I guess if y’all tryin’ to say y’all wrote my lyrics…” She was like, “It wasn’t me. It was Wyclef.” You know what I’m saying? Whatever. Whatever goes around comes around. I’m not really mad. I mean, they paid me and…shit happens. If you’re not fresh you not gonna be around for a long time, especially fucking everybody.

CharlesJones
07-14-2012, 01:01 PM
LOL@Young Zee wrote lyrics for Pras hahahahahahahahahahaha. How you gonna be a rapper and not write your own lyrics? Then Wyclef is gonna lie and say he wrote Young Zee's lyrics LOL. Young Zee got skills. I used to have his unreleased album Musical Meltdown. I don't know what i did with it. I like his song Milk that has KRS One and Busta Rhymes talking on it. I'm gonna have to check his crew The Outsidaz albums. I think they only did 2 albums. He's a lucky guy to have Rah Digga as his woman. I wanna fuck her.

Shadow Demon
07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Where to start with Young Zee? first heard him on the JMT album, which was a crazy verse

thanks

theheavens
07-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Canibus wrote Wyclef's verse on the Big Pun track, so he shouldn't be talking

Big Smokes
07-15-2012, 02:15 PM
he was on the eight mile soundtrack and base off those lyrics i dont know if i really belive him

ya never really know though