PDA

View Full Version : Starang Wondah was a 90's legend......wasted talent

Shadow Demon
07-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Starang alongside Ruck and Rock was the best in BCC

an iconic voice and a style that was altogher unique, dope lyrics and a DOPE flow over banging Beatminerz drums = 90's platinum

I know he caught a bid at one point in the 2000's or something and has more or less retired right?

its a damn shame that many rappers for one reason or another stopped rapping or are sporadic in their performances like Starang.

sean price, buckshot etc still got dope careers but its a shame OGC are more or less out the picture....

the fuck happened to Beatminerz anyway? alot of their contemporary stuff is mad mediocre....2000's BCC albums had some good joints but id rather preferred beatminerz hidden treasures to 9th wonder joitns.....bring out those rarities man!

Mr. R&B
07-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Starang and OGC as a unit were awesome, it's really too bad they didn't record more than two albums before outside bullshit and strife split the group.

And I love just about everything that 9th Wonder and Khrysis have done with the BCC and various members.

It was a good evolution for everyone involved, but I get where you're coming from.

Shadow Demon
07-19-2012, 02:31 PM
yeah i feel you the soul style was good especially on solo ish i just think Beatminerz should still be in the picture but if the beats arent up to par i dont blame em

CEITEDMOFO
07-21-2012, 02:38 AM
ILLANOYZ HAD MORE POTENTIAL
HE WAS YOUNG AND A SEAN P MIXED WIT STARANg
ptJXbFIY2kY

WooHa
07-21-2012, 10:44 AM
He's forever like Wu-Tang

Mr. R&B
07-21-2012, 11:30 AM
^^IllaNoyz was cool, he had a unique voice.

I wish the Representativez had done more, they were fucking dope.

CEITEDMOFO
07-21-2012, 12:19 PM
BUMP ThIS
K-9K8pCpagY

CharlesJones
07-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Shadow Demon, rappers don't have to rap forever. Of course rap fans would like to see their favorite rappers rap for a long time but it doesn't happen. I don't think Starang Wondah wasted his talent. It would've been nice if OGC had done more than 2 albums but like i said, most rappers don't rap for a long time. Maybe Starang got a job doing something else making more money. A lot of rappers get upset when they aren't getting a lot of money since they work hard at writing rhymes. Some people think rap is easy but it isn't. It takes time to come up with good rhymes and you have to have good thoughts to come up with good rhymes.

Shadow Demon
07-21-2012, 03:12 PM
well starang was in jail from like 2010 i think, im pretty sure hes out now.

but OGC had a relatively short run. Yeah they split up, but solo career was always an option.

Shit Duck Down revived itself and rejuvenated the careers of Sean P, Buckshot, Tek N Steele and so forth.

CharlesJones
07-21-2012, 03:23 PM
That sucks if he got locked up. I hope he stays outta prison if he's out. Unfortunately for some rappers who get locked up, they go right back to doing crime if they don't rap again because searching for a job upsets them when they get rejected several times for a job. Like Willie D of the Geto Boys said, try to get a job and count how many doors slam LOL. That's sad and it's really not funny what Willie D said but that's the reality for a lot of blacks.

Jin10304
07-23-2012, 05:55 AM
"the fuck happened to Beatminerz anyway?"

they still produce sporadically here n there. Still some fire in them imo with tracks like "Bad Day" & "Peace Conneticut". Theyre producing the entirety of Black Moons new LP "Dark Side Of The Moon"

Shadow Demon
07-23-2012, 06:07 AM
yah too sporadically. havent heard many great contemporary joints

wow a new LP? thanks for the info

RADIOACTIVE MAN
07-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I toally agree with this thread...starang wonder is a beast

tekunique
07-23-2012, 09:24 PM
illest outta OGC by miles.. had a chance to meet him @ Duck Down and was a cool cat too.. Starang... Forever like Wu-Tang....

corky831
07-23-2012, 09:31 PM
GrRkqk19hYQ