PDA

View Full Version : best places for new producers?

canibus
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
whats good yall. i dont post here much but i reg'd a while back. heard some ill rza shit the other day that he posted on facebook and it made me wanna make my own beats, ive actually wanted to for a while now but that was the last straw lol.

anyways, im pretty new to making my own beats. i do have a legit copy of fl studio but i cant say that im satisfied with the sounds that it comes with. i started downloading better drums and sounds from www.beatproduction.net which has actually made a big difference.

what i really want to know is what are good places to actually learn music production and using the different fl studio controls? i have all the sounds i need now, but i want like lil tutorials of stuff like the piano roll and some of the plugins it came with.

sorry for the long ass post. im just motivated as hell and want to make some bangers. any useful hints would be much appreciated.

laolu
07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Change your name.

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
I suggest looking for FL Studio tutorials on youtube. It can be quite helpful.

canibus
07-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Change your name.

...i picture you being about 14 years old.

canibus
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
I suggest looking for FL Studio tutorials on youtube. It can be quite helpful.

thanks man ill peep some youtube vids, didnt even think of that. tried google but way too many shitty sites.

laolu
07-19-2012, 07:59 PM
...i picture you being about 14 years old.

I moderate Canibus Central...

canibus
07-19-2012, 08:01 PM
I moderate Canibus Central...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

laolu
07-19-2012, 08:10 PM
In regard to the subject matter at hand, have you tried alternative production software such as Ableton Live? I ask this because when I initially began making beats I started off working with FL Studio, it worked for me but there was just something about the user interface I did not like so I moved to Ableton Live and an instant change in regard to results.

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
07-19-2012, 08:44 PM
thanks man ill peep some youtube vids, didnt even think of that. tried google but way too many shitty sites.

no doubt. type in the words...."warbeats nfx" & that alone will give u a lot of in-depth knowledge on FL Studio.

Mumm Ra
07-21-2012, 11:56 AM
practice is the best teacher

BEATSMITH RESIST
07-23-2012, 08:15 PM
1st change ur name like laolu said then GO DIG 4 records!!!

THE MASON
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM
practice is the best teacher

GO DIG 4 records!!!

these two things

and as long as you dont use canibus as a producer name

also, fuck quantize. practise everything with your own hands and get your timing down. its good at first maybe to give you the idea but start to move away from it