PDA

View Full Version : why cant rappers make music forever?

Apocalypse
07-29-2012, 12:14 PM
jazz musicans make music forever ( miles davis )

rock musicians ( rolling stones )

blues ( bb king )

reggae ( black uhuru )

why cant rap music be the same?

Senator C. Palantine
07-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Because the stuff most rappers talk about is corny when youre over 28.

Nas did a good job of making a grown man hip hop album IMO.

theheavens
07-29-2012, 01:26 PM
if Scorsese can make movies about drugs and violence at 70 years old, then MCs can rap about it at 40

daffy duck
07-29-2012, 01:28 PM
i don't know man hip hop is like that

CEITEDMOFO
07-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I THINK U FAGs BELONG IN THIS SECTION http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

daffy duck
07-29-2012, 02:05 PM
don't worry hip hop. lil b is gonna make music forever.

8gYim4jHRuE

Frank Sobotka
07-29-2012, 03:19 PM
In hindsight it might look like people in those genres can make music forever but I'm sure more stopped than continued.
Maybe you're not looking in the right direction for rappers with longevity.

THUGNIFICENT
07-29-2012, 03:42 PM
only the most successful artists in whatever genre have that kind of longevity

jay-z still drops, so does nas, some of the wu

then there's also fat joe

Senator C. Palantine
07-29-2012, 04:04 PM
if Scorsese can make movies about drugs and violence at 70 years old, then MCs can rap about it at 40

but scorsese isnt bragging about Joe Pesci'ing motherfuckers!

ShaDynasty
07-29-2012, 04:22 PM
i think they can make records being over 40.

I don't think jigga/nas/wu/busta is quitting any time soon. a lot of underground cats can make a nice living doing what they love bangin out old hits at shows and every now and then dropping a new album.

most of the 88 top 5 are still working: KRS, Rakim, G Rap. Slick Rick had too many issues with the law to keep his career going and kane, well i don't know what kanes deal is.

theheavens
07-29-2012, 04:52 PM
but scorsese isnt bragging about Joe Pesci'ing motherfuckers!

same shit. MCs take on a persona and paint vivid stories. they don't claim to kill Brenda's baby

$inista
07-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I disagree they may not be one artist that stand out but their many timeless tracks that are still banging like melle mells the message, sugar hill's rappers delight these 2 tracks are over 30 years old & still get radio play, they still spin pac 16 years later shit is happening now

Twiztid-Wutang
07-29-2012, 11:25 PM
jazz musicans make music forever ( miles davis )

rock musicians ( rolling stones )

blues ( bb king )

reggae ( black uhuru )

why cant rap music be the same?

Because Rap/Hip hop is flavor of the month, and requires very LITTLE musical talent, if at all, and people only like it for so long. ALL the genre's you posted are actual music based, and not bragging and bullshit

OPTIMUS
07-30-2012, 01:21 AM
why isnt anyone making disco now? who knows what will happen and may be making music still in there 50s 60s or 70s Hiphop hasnt been around long enough to produce a rolling stones. I got a feeling the roots may go on for along time.

check two
07-30-2012, 01:31 AM
There are people making disco, it's staying alive.

theheavens
07-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Because Rap/Hip hop is flavor of the month, and requires very LITTLE musical talent, if at all, and people only like it for so long. ALL the genre's you posted are actual music based, and not bragging and bullshit

you work for fox news?

anyway hip-hop is a young man's game. can't go on forever. but that's what makes it exciting. bill o'reilly over here doesn't get it

Shadow Demon
07-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Because the stuff most rappers talk about is corny when youre over 28.

Nas did a good job of making a grown man hip hop album IMO.

I completely agree, there's alot of jewels and subject variation on there.

This album will change some peoples lives for the better

Yuki
07-31-2012, 06:22 PM
smh

JASPER BEARDLY
08-02-2012, 03:52 AM
Bc many sell out

Kane did a track w 9th wonder that was dope

Kool g dropped a dope ass album

rae and ghost been dropping heat

Busta still bodies shit when he wants to, aka rakims euphoria

Rakim jada styles p all around 40

Pete rock

Krs one

ShaolinDarts
08-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Its the fans. This is one of the genres where the fanbase is the complete opposite of the rappers background in most cases.

They won't follow their fav rappers from their 'phase' period when growing up through to yound adulthood through to middle age like the artists you mention even if the rapper even improves.

Generally the problem with rap is basically in most cases a black rapper is an outsider to his label (most probably non black owned and run) that will move onto the next fad and ditch the rapper and is an outsider to his middle class white fanbase whom will ditch the rapper as they grow older and become part of mainstream society.

ShaDynasty
08-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Its the fans. This is one of the genres where the fanbase is the complete opposite of the rappers background in most cases.

They won't follow their fav rappers from their 'phase' period when growing up through to yound adulthood through to middle age like the artists you mention even if the rapper even improves.

Generally the problem with rap is basically in most cases a black rapper is an outsider to his label (most probably non black owned and run) that will move onto the next fad and ditch the rapper and is an outsider to his middle class white fanbase whom will ditch the rapper as they grow older and become part of mainstream society.

interesting logically, but people generally like the music they liked when they were teenagers for the rest of their life.

People need to stop short changing rap musicians. whatever that dickhead said about rap requiring no talent and is all bragging.

get the fuck outta here. no talent to create 'king of rock'? hard to earn'? no musical talent? it takes as long to become a master at rapping, writing, producing, deejaying as it does to master a traditional musical instrument.

THE W
08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
umm....they do.