PDA

View Full Version : Lord Finesse is More of a Jew Lawyer than His Jew Lawyer

Longbongcilvaringz
08-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Really.

Miliato
08-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Stop vouching for Mac Miller. I'm glad Finesse shoved it right up his ass and that quote he had was a riot.

ShaDynasty
08-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Stop vouching for Mac Miller. I'm glad Finesse shoved it right up his ass and that quote he had was a riot.

nothing to do with miller, it just seems lame that finesse spends his time suing people rather than making new music. and taking down youtube vids showing his uncleared samples.

its tough ethically because miller should have paid finesse, and also finesse should have paid peterson.

Yuki
08-01-2012, 01:41 PM
lol at people defending mac miller on a wu-tang forum

Shadow Demon
08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
what are the specifics of the situation?

if finesse wronged miller then that's the problem,

who cares about miller's rap status

smh @ hip hop fans

EAGLE EYE
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Its pretty retarded that finesse is suing someone for the same thing he potentially could have been sued for back when the original was produced

JASPER BEARDLY
08-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Finesse made the beat

Mac never paid him for it and made money off it

pretty crystal clear to me

and the sample might be so old it may not have to have been cleared. that said it probably wasn't lol so it is a grey area

Shadow Demon
08-02-2012, 01:29 AM
^ ah ok, i feel you

EAGLE EYE
08-02-2012, 02:08 AM
and the sample might be so old it may not have to have been cleared.

Believe the song he sampled came out in '71 , and was on an Oscar Peterson trio album.

Copyright law changed in '76 and it even made the existing laws for music published before that year (28 yrs before something is public domain) obsolete.

So Finesse was still a few years shy of clearance even if the new law never passed.

Also an additional 47+ years of protection were tacked on to I Dream of You

Pot calling the kettle black

EAGLE EYE
08-02-2012, 02:14 AM
Mac never paid him for it and made money off it

I retract what i said about him making a profit in that other thread. His label made a statement that the mixtape and single were never up for sale.

The stuff in the itunes & amazon stores or other sites were put their by bootleggers.

I don't know why im posting in this thread either. Mac is wack, and Finesse want some custom tailored j00 pockets.

JASPER BEARDLY
08-02-2012, 02:19 AM
I didn't know the info rob just posted

the fact that it wasn't even put up by the label makes his case irrelevant

can finesse be sued for not clearing a sample when he probably didn't make shit off it? statute of limitations may be over, and wouldn't his label have had to deal with it?

Longbongcilvaringz
08-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Lord Finesse is a litigious middle upper class white man. And you guys love it.