PDA

View Full Version : Mac Miller gets sued again

Yuki
08-02-2012, 07:25 PM
An artist named Patrick Berlinquette, a/k/a Warm Speakers, has filed suit against Mac Miller, Rostrum Records and DatPiff for stealing his music.

In a complaint filed yesterday in the Eastern District of New York, the defendants state that Berlinquette wrote, produced and recorded a song titled “The World Around You” in June 2010 and registered its copyright on June 20, 2011. This year, Miller reportedly took his song “without his permission or knowledge” and copied it in a song titled “Fuck ‘Em All,” included on his Macadelic mixtape. The suit alleges that Mac took the chorus – “Get your money (Get your money) / Fuck ‘em all (Fuck ‘em all)” – and rapped over the track.

Miller acknowledged that he used Berlinquette’s song on Twitter in June, but Berlinquette states that he has not been compensated or properly credited for its usage. “Shout out @warmspeakers for the song we sampled on Fuck Em All,” wrote Mac.

“[Miller] uses other people’s music because it’s easier, cheaper, and faster than creating his own,” reads the complaint. “Miller seeks to capitalize on the common misconception in Copyright Law that people whose music he takes have no remedy if he gives their music away for free.”

Berlinquette claims he was “irreparably harmed, suffered damage, and defendants have profited in an amount to be determined at trial.” He is suing for willful infringement; violation of Copyright Law and New York’s General Business Law; and is seeking a permanent injunction. He is also suing for damages and seeks to recoup "no event less than $10 million."

howard the duck
08-03-2012, 07:53 AM
who the hell is patrick?

Mr. R&B
08-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Sue this motherfucker into bankruptcy.

Fuck a Wack Miller.

Mongoloid faggot.

TheFunkyDrummer
08-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Sue this motherfucker into bankruptcy.

Fuck a Wack Miller.

Mongoloid faggot.

lmao

ShaDynasty
08-03-2012, 11:57 AM
if the motive behind these lawsuits is 'mac miller is wack' then thats fine. otherwise it sets a horrible stifling precedent that will kill the mixtape game forever.

OPTIMUS
08-03-2012, 12:00 PM
10 million?? haha

TheFunkyDrummer
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
if the motive behind these lawsuits is 'mac miller is wack' then thats fine. otherwise it sets a horrible stifling precedent that will kill the mixtape game forever.

lord finesse is a beast for suing mac miller for 10 million. He obviously did it cause he's corny and it makes him look bad, he doesn't want him to get away with it probably :)

KERZO
08-03-2012, 04:42 PM
who the hell is patrick?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57088/spongebob/images/3/33/Patrick_Star.svg

THUGNIFICENT
08-03-2012, 05:17 PM

i dont know if its worth saving for the 1% of mixtapes that are listenable

Longbongcilvaringz
08-04-2012, 02:49 PM
You guys are such imbeciles. Forget about Mac Miller being sued, if any of these cases are won Mixtapes are pretty much over and pretty much all of your faggity favourite rappers are going to get sued into oblivion.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Really hope Lord Finesse gets sued for all the samples he "stole". I'm glad i stole all of his music.

EAGLE EYE
08-04-2012, 03:32 PM
10 million?

Yea im sure this no name cumstain has generated this amount of revenue with his other basement produced projects.

I guess RIAA math is legit and useful for building cumstain cases.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I guess Lord Finesse killed mixtapes. Make of that what you will, but i enjoyed some over the years

ShaDynasty
08-05-2012, 12:12 PM
you only have to worry about lawsuits when you get a certain level of success.

i don't think it will stop people doing it. but there will be more lawsuits until they come up with a sensible law for it. lord finesse and the eagles are the only people that care about mixtapes so far.

but some underground producers getting ripped off? obviously thats wrong. that guy warm speakers hasn't got his career off the ground so he pissed that somebody stole his beat. that being said, if the mac miller joint blew up and made the producer in demand theres no way in hell he'd sue.

jayrob
08-05-2012, 01:59 PM
2Pv1_mmOTb8

mac such a dick lol

TheFunkyDrummer
08-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Really hope Lord Finesse gets sued for all the samples he "stole". I'm glad i stole all of his music.

You're stupid. Sampling is not stealing, you can flip a sample in it's own way even if its a loop and make it sound different and add some ill drums and it gets it own sound.

I'm not saying that you can sue a guy who uses it for his mixtape, cause it's not for promotional uses but I think it is indirectly. When you use the whole beat without changing anything it's stolen unless you asked it and we've seen a lot of classic beats on mixtapes over the years but since it's this homo Mac Miller it's not bothering me. LORD FINESSE A LEGEND, MAC MILLER A BITCH. DO THE MATH