PDA

View Full Version : Arrogance In Knowledge

Urban_Journalz
08-19-2012, 10:07 AM
It's the oldest story.

You read a book that very few people have read. Expose yourself to new concepts, or old ones, and it gives you growth.

All too often though, as can be seen from too many of us in the world, that knowledge becomes our downfall. Our characters become disgusting and semi-tyrannical.

Knowledge is indeed power. There's also another saying, "If you want to know the true character of a person, give them power." Any form of power, no matter how small, is usually WAY too much for the average person. So much so, that after the knowledge has inflated their ego and proven to all the world that they are indeed quite common in nature, the holder of such knowledge deems himself to be the exact opposite of common! Drunk on themselves in a matter of speaking.

I suggest that all of you who fit this bill study, not merely memorize, as you're so fond of doing, but STUDY this quote by Lao Tzu,

"He who conquers others is strong, he who conquers himself is mighty."

Like it or not, with all of your knowledge, you lack sufficient wisdom. Try rising above the first 2 chakras for a change. It just might bring a genuine smile to your being.

Peace

LORD NOSE
08-19-2012, 10:22 AM
quote by Lao Tzu,

"He who conquers others is strong, he who conquers himself is mighty."

true - you become intelligent when you realize how stupid you are

study what motivates/moves you to say what you say

know thy self

self is an infinite book

wisdom builds maturity,understanding builds humility

even writing these words are a sign of immaturity - we express them not to aid others in finding the jewels within themselves, but to show the onlookers our growth - ooo look at me, i want you to see me as a great, intelligent, wise person. i understand why allot of old people are quiet as heaven. why do we feel the need to share these things without any room to intake what others have to offer ?

Urban_Journalz
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
true - you become intelligent when you realize how stupid you are

study what motivates/moves you to say what you say

know thy self

self is an infinite book

wisdom builds maturity,understanding builds humility

even writing these words are a sign of immaturity - we express them not to aid others in finding the jewels within themselves, but to show the onlookers our growth - ooo look at me, i want you to see me as a great, intelligent, wise person. i understand why allot of old people are quiet as heaven. why do we feel the need to share these things without any room to intake what others have to offer ?

Wrong, you only become aware when you realize how unaware you are. I know you used different terminology, but I find it highly offensive to label someone, "stupid" when that's not the case. Not knowing is lack of awareness. Stupidity is usually someone who is merely an educated fool who refuses to practice what they preach. The word, "hypocrite" comes to mind as well. Intelligence comes from A: Studying and B: Becoming a living example of what you've studied. No matter how much those who have merely read a few things and only gone so far as to say, "I know that too." and take it no further, may dislike it. There are plenty of people who know how stupid they are and are still not intelligent. There are many intelligent people who are also stupid. This can be seen by the way they conduct themselves in any and all situations. As I said before, you can only bring forth what is within.

Once again you make assumptions based on what your character, or lack there of, offers to the world. You accuse me of wanting people to notice me because that's what you do. If it weren't, you wouldn't feel the need to kick and scream every time someone does something that you sorely wish you had the ability to do. That is, give information without the stain of the ego involved. Deny it all you like, as you, me and everyone else in the forum knows you will, or, if you get really butt-hurt, you'll close the post or delete the comment. Or *gasp* ban me! Any and all actions you take from here will only prove my point to all parties involved.

I want to thank you Sunny, because you've become a prime example of the very people I was addressing in the post to begin with. I didn't have to give any examples, historic or current, you just came along without incident or hesitation. Just as I knew you would. If it's this easy to get someone to not only take the bait, but put their tomfoolery on display for so many to see, then it's no wonder why so many people never change and repeat vicious cycles. In this case, you think you've attacked me and all you've done is proven how much attention you yourself need. No surprise that it's negative attention because that's what gets the most attention from others.

Quiet as heaven? Interesting to see you even use the word Heaven, especially in the context of it being a place that exists and that you can or have experienced. Are you feeling o.k. today Sunny? I would shudder to think that you're one of those who snatches states of mind out of the air at random only as they fit your needs in a conversation.

So you're calling Lao Tzu and the original sayers of these words immature. Don't say you're not, because you quoted the man and a few others and began to make your statement. Unless you wish to further contradict your Self. I imagine this is because you know or understand so much more than they did, yes? I should very much like to see how well a book you write does, especially thousands of years after it's written. The only other possibility is that you're calling me immature for quoting him, which would make everyone else who ever compiled a list of quotes for the benefit of those willing to put aside their ego for the TRUE pursuit of self-growth, immature as well. This would include authors, poets, motivational speakers, etc. I find it hard to imagine that since a lot of these people spend more time with others than they do with their own families in the name of something that is greater than themselves, are as immature as some other parties might say. If niether one of these is the case, please elaborate on your comment about, "Immaturity". Inquiring minds want to know.

Sharing things without any room to intake what others have to offer. Comedic. That's like asking Chef Ramsey to, after having shared his expertise with the other chefs, to accept half-cooked meats and cold fish. If something inedible is brought to the table, people leave. If what is being shared is beneficial and what is being offered is no more than another example at misery not loving but demanding company, then what's being offered must neccessarily be ignored and/or treated with no more than a smile and a laugh.

You're also saying that any and all people who write such things are always self-motivated. "we express them not to aid others in finding the jewels within themselves, but to show the onlookers our growth - ooo look at me, i want you to see me as a great, intelligent, wise person." I'm amazed at how well you seem to personally know all of the enlightened/spiritual beings that have come and gone since time began. You simply must tell me more about what these people's egos were like in their day-to-day lives. Or, if this was directed toward me, you would be saying that you know me personally and you were in tune with my feelings as I was typing what I typed. Or is it just a case of you not being able to compute someone's ability to come from a place of motivation that you're unfamiliar with?

The Self is not an infinite book because books by nature have endings and The Self cannot be confined by such a weak and demeaning statement. I think what you meant to say was, "The Self is infinite."

You would do well to take your own advice and study what moves/motivates you to say what YOU say. Because broken down, it makes sense to none but.

And it's "A lot".

LORD NOSE
08-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Wrong

my point proven

LORD NOSE
08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Wrong, you only become aware when you realize how unaware you are. I know you used different terminology, but I find it highly offensive to label someone, "stupid" when that's not the case. Not knowing is lack of awareness. Stupidity is usually someone who is merely an educated fool who refuses to practice what they preach. The word, "hypocrite" comes to mind as well. Intelligence comes from A: Studying and B: Becoming a living example of what you've studied. No matter how much those who have merely read a few things and only gone so far as to say, "I know that too." and take it no further, may dislike it. There are plenty of people who know how stupid they are and are still not intelligent. There are many intelligent people who are also stupid. This can be seen by the way they conduct themselves in any and all situations. As I said before, you can only bring forth what is within.

this is how you see it - and that's fine - i simply held up a mirror to your image - and you are fighting what you see - not me - i can, and have learned from your words - as i do with the words of most people who post here - i attempted to show you that you only come to give what you have, in a very aggressive way with a very condescending tone to it - every time - i wasn't trying to hurt your feelings - i grow and learn from my mistakes because i'm honest with myself about myself and i know my limits when applying what i've learned to my daily life - i attempted to get you on that road - however my path is my path -

Once again you make assumptions based on what your character, or lack there of, offers to the world. You accuse me of wanting people to notice me because that's what you do.

people do notice me though - the good and the very bad - some are obsessed with noticing me - i really don't like the front stage - but i have work to do

If it weren't, you wouldn't feel the need to kick and scream every time someone does something that you sorely wish you had the ability to do.

lol - give me an example of this - i love to witness greatness and i also share my many talents - i give abilities to people - lmao - i give sincere praise when praise is due - if you were the same way, you would have taken what i initially wrote and learned from my words instead of starting your 698 page essay with the word "Wrong" but then proceed to say what i just wrote - check yourself yo

That is, give information without the stain of the ego involved. Deny it all you like, as you, me and everyone else in the forum knows you will, or, if you get really butt-hurt, you'll close the post or delete the comment. Or *gasp* ban me! Any and all actions you take from here will only prove my point to all parties involved.

yeah i just might lock this thread after all of this

I want to thank you Sunny, because you've become a prime example of the very people I was addressing in the post to begin with. I didn't have to give any examples, historic or current, you just came along without incident or hesitation. Just as I knew you would. If it's this easy to get someone to not only take the bait, but put their tomfoolery on display for so many to see, then it's no wonder why so many people never change and repeat vicious cycles. In this case, you think you've attacked me and all you've done is proven how much attention you yourself need. No surprise that it's negative attention because that's what gets the most attention from others.

you always end up talking about the bait that you've laid for others to bite - why are you here to lay traps ?

you are doing a whole "lotta" testing, but you are failing your exam UJ - study yourself - i held up a mirror to you so that you can make better contributions in this section -

Quiet as heaven? Interesting to see you even use the word Heaven, especially in the context of it being a place that exists and that you can or have experienced. Are you feeling o.k. today Sunny? I would shudder to think that you're one of those who snatches states of mind out of the air at random only as they fit your needs in a conversation.

you're pushing this too far - too many unneeded words yo -

So you're calling Lao Tzu and the original sayers of these words immature. Don't say you're not, because you quoted the man and a few others and began to make your statement. Unless you wish to further contradict your Self. I imagine this is because you know or understand so much more than they did, yes?

your imagination - it's what you want to see me as - and that's fine -

I should very much like to see how well a book you write does, especially thousands of years after it's written. The only other possibility is that you're calling me immature for quoting him, which would make everyone else who ever compiled a list of quotes for the benefit of those willing to put aside their ego for the TRUE pursuit of self-growth, immature as well. This would include authors, poets, motivational speakers, etc. I find it hard to imagine that since a lot of these people spend more time with others than they do with their own families in the name of something that is greater than themselves, are as immature as some other parties might say. If niether one of these is the case, please elaborate on your comment about, "Immaturity". Inquiring minds want to know.

if you truly had an inquiring mind, your replies would not be so lengthy - i can't tell you Nuffin - this is why i wrote what i wrote concerning knowledge and arrogance in that other thread - i felt they were words that were needed at that time - if you didn't get anything out of those words, that's ok - in time, hopefully you will.

Sharing things without any room to intake what others have to offer. Comedic. That's like asking Chef Ramsey to, after having shared his expertise with the other chefs, to accept half-cooked meats and cold fish.

everyone doesn't enjoy the same food - some people complain not because the food is bad, they complain because they are frustrated with themselves, want to be seen, are trying to start their own restaurant and want to sabotage other restaurants in the area, etc....

you are always fizzin out in here, calling people stupid, saying that no here is worth your time - but you keep coming back ...with complaints - maybe you like to eat bad food - and that's ok with me, just don't try and feed me that shit - lol - don't come here trying to serve pork in my vegan restaurant, cause i'll let you have it -

If something inedible is brought to the table, people leave. If what is being shared is beneficial and what is being offered is no more than another example at misery not loving but demanding company, then what's being offered must neccessarily be ignored and/or treated with no more than a smile and a laugh.

those who leave, leave - those who stay, stay -

You're also saying that any and all people who write such things are always self-motivated. "we express them not to aid others in finding the jewels within themselves, but to show the onlookers our growth - ooo look at me, i want you to see me as a great, intelligent, wise person." I'm amazed at how well you seem to personally know all of the enlightened/spiritual beings that have come and gone since time began. You simply must tell me more about what these people's egos were like in their day-to-day lives. Or, if this was directed toward me, you would be saying that you know me personally and you were in tune with my feelings as I was typing what I typed. Or is it just a case of you not being able to compute someone's ability to come from a place of motivation that you're unfamiliar with?

anyway.....

your arguments are never constructive - i'm trying to apply constructive criticism where i feel it's needed as a mod in this section - i feel that iv'e come a long way and have made progress in my approach and delivery - but every now and then i have to dish out a good old fashioned ass whoopin -

The Self is not an infinite book because books by nature have endings and The Self cannot be confined by such a weak and demeaning statement. I think what you meant to say was, "The Self is infinite."

the never ending story - maybe your personal book has an ending - don't put your flaws on me - you understood exactly what i was trying to imply, but you want to argue to the dumb mans argument instead of learning from what was said - this is why i shut you down in here every time -

You would do well to take your own advice and study what moves/motivates you to say what YOU say. Because broken down, it makes sense to none but.

And it's "A lot".

you gave us all "allot" to read - but it's like junk food, it'll fill your belly, but has no nutritional value to it at all - humble yourself son - it'll do you some good.

LORD NOSE
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Arrogance and self righteousness follow behind learning and picking up info

but do you think its necessary?
when one is trying to learn?

Yes. because their arrogance leads them to make mistakes. And this process brings them to wisdom after the knowledge

Why start with a handicap?

Because we don't come out the womb running track

thanks guys

do you think a person can have to much arrogance/pride/etc?

yes. if they hold onto the info too long like if it's precious jewel that they can use to gain attention and acceptance.

it also depends on where and how they obtained this info, whether or not they have worked their own brains to come up with answers, or the answers were given to them from copypaste.com

most never get past the knowledge stage because they are afraid to damage their image by being humble. and humbleness seems like a weakness to most because most never get past the knowledge stage

LORD NOSE
08-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Smokes, it's like this,

The majority of people in most Abrahamic religions have no idea what the essence, ESSENCE, of the teachings are. Most are just determined to tell other people what they believe is right and wrong. So you have a clash of egos and opinions. I used to BE one of those people who fit this bill. There's an old principle though and it's laid down in a few texts, Abrahamic and otherwise, that simply states, "Live and let live." You could look at the principle of The Yin and Yang, greatly misunderstood by many, that teaches, all things exist within their opposites and all seasons have their rise and fall. It's a never-ending ebb and flow. True harmony lies in riding the wave, not resisting it. Does this mean go along with whatever comes along? Of course not, more like never forgetting who YOU are in the midst of the madness.

You'll see a lot of arrogance, false prophets, doomsday sayers, saviors and all around morons who wear the guise of wisdom and rightesousness, but if you know what to look for, what to feel for even, you'll know who's who and let them be. All of us are here for a reason, even the douchebags. I think the most beneficial interpretation of Jesus' (upon whom be Peace) saying, "Love thy enemy" is this; Without an enemy, an opposing force to test you, to rouse you, you never know your full capabilities. Not just in attack and defense, but in patience and perseverance. Tolerance. Etc.

It's like Wesley Snipes' character Simon Phoenix said in Demolition Man, "You can't take away people's right to be assholes." Learn to accept it and do you. Sometimes I'll respond to a thread and forget all about it. Why? Because I've said my piece and there's no need to continue further. I don't waste time in petty spats with people who will most likely be just as dumb after I finish speaking as they were before I started. That taxes energy and energy is VITAL to life itself. So is your state of mind. All of these things directly affect one's health. Imagine the inner physical and spiritual turmoil of someone who continuously returns to a disagreement just for the sake of proving a point! Much less the ones who do it because they ENJOY it!

If you see something that you think should be addressed, by all means son, address it. But let that be it. Leave your mark and forget you left it. But let your intention be to make the best mark possible. Study T'ai Chi principle. Even if you never study the actual art, study the principles. More than just an exercise, the reason why this particular style is so powerful, is because it takes what is already given and simply makes a very soft change in the circumstances. A palm will always be more effective than a fist, simply because it moves faster and the motion is more fluid. Take that with you b.

Finally, the people who will make it their business to seek you out for no other reason than to be a pain, first, appreciate the fact that you're obviously important and effective. Being anyone's opponent for what you percieve to be no reason, means that you're important enough to be attacked. Second, remember the principles stated above. Usually, the best way to take care of those mosquitos is to ignore them or smash them. Smashing them would be, in the case of the forum, saying what you have to say and dropping it. Letting them know that A: Unlike them, you're not a slave to your ego and B: They're not important enough for you to look into their responses.

Peace.

know it alls should be in that highlighted section -

your words are condescending and discouraging as usual

it's full of hostility and frustration - but that is alright with those of us who can learn from anyone and find jewels in a pile of shit if needed - lol -

allot of the hostility comes from feeling misunderstood
it's forced expression and wanting others to fully see it your way - when they resist, they'll be called all types of assholes and morons - but an moronic asshole is one who tries to force others to see it his way instead of being at peace with others progress in life -

i can always see myself in an asshole (pun Intended) when they are agitated and begin shittin on everyone around them - it makes me want to not be that way and causes me to look at my self and my delivery better -

the hostility also comes with not being honest with yourself about yourself

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116689&page=2

LORD NOSE
08-20-2012, 01:37 PM
you ready ?

Urban_Journalz
08-24-2012, 07:33 AM
shhh. It's o.k.

Urban_Journalz
08-24-2012, 07:35 AM
You're losing your touch Sunny, you used to only need one post to make your alleged point. You gone soft? Did I strike a nerve?

LORD NOSE
08-24-2012, 11:18 AM
You're losing your touch Sunny, you used to only need one post to make your alleged point. You gone soft? Did I strike a nerve?

yo - whatever you want to tell yourself to make youself feel strong is fine with me -

and i really don't value your opinion of me, so trying to break me down and make me feel low isn't gonna work

thanks for your contributions though, i sharpened my sword with them

Urban_Journalz
08-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Made you look.

LORD NOSE
08-28-2012, 03:49 PM
thanks

PANDA PISS
08-28-2012, 04:36 PM
you can train your mind a little, but intelligence is what you're born with. being well read or getting straight As doesn't necessarily mean you are more intelligent, often it just means you're better at concentrating, or more motivated.

Urban_Journalz
08-29-2012, 02:00 PM
you can train your mind a little, but intelligence is what you're born with. being well read or getting straight As doesn't necessarily mean you are more intelligent, often it just means you're better at concentrating, or more motivated.

True.

You say that the mind can be trained a little. How far do you think training the mind can go??