PDA

View Full Version : KRS-One self titled album is his best ?

Shaolin Bloody Sword
08-23-2012, 11:03 AM
It came out in 1995. I had heard a few songs off the album but not entirely. It's my favorite Krs album. What do you think ? :yes:

By the way; this is the album with "Mc's act like they don't know" produced by DJ Premier

UNCLE RUCKUS
08-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Solo Return of the Boom Bap is the best to me

claaa7
08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
"Sex & Violence" is my all time favorite, with "Return Of The Boom Bap" and "Criminal Minded" following... "KRS-One" is great though, the chemistry he had with DJ Premier here was unbelivable

CharlesJones
08-25-2012, 11:20 AM
I think Return Of The Boom Bap is his best album.

INF
08-25-2012, 03:59 PM
return of the boom bap is the most hardcore then the self titled

Mr. R&B
08-26-2012, 08:59 AM
My vote goes to RotBB as well.

The self-titled LP is awesome though.

MaskedAvenger
08-26-2012, 09:00 AM
From his solo albums, its close between self titled and ROTBB.

TheFunkyDrummer
08-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Return of the Boom Bap is his best solo work. Followed by I Got Next or KRS One. I always thought KRS improved storytelling and the structure of his lyrics on I Got Next

Edutainment by BDP is possibly the most underrated album of that year.

LORD NOSE
08-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Ghetto Music - The Blue Print of Hip Hop is my favorite

it may not be his best work ever, but my favorite -

but he's done so much work over all those years and still working - his verses on Survival Skills sets ablaze most shit you'll hear

INF
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
The way I feel , EVERYTHING Kris touches is GOLD. Probably even his Christian rhymes have substance and provoke much thought , I just haven't listened to them. The Survival Skills album is chalked full of goodness.That True Master album is epic too. From BDP to now , EVERYTHING dude says and has said is the truth.

CharlesJones
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
The Genius, i have to disagree with what you said about I Got Next. I didn't like that album. The songs were too short and i wasn't feeling the beats. Step Into A World is the best song on that album. All of the BDP albums are good except the latest one he did last year or earlier this year. I was very disappointed in his collabo albums with Buckshot, Marley Marl, Showbiz, Freddie Foxxx because of the beats. He's a legend though.