PDA

View Full Version : anyone else got an aneurysm?

oldie
11-03-2005, 06:32 PM
this sounds random, but its serious. i've had an aneurysm since birth. 21 metal cloils in the middle of my brain. they will be there all my life. the doctors said i had a 50/50 chance of dying or surviving with brain damage, ive survived with no brain damage - so dont even try and joke about that!.

at the time of the opperation, it was in its pioneering stages, and there was a few babies who had an aneurysm before me but died at a few years old, one a few weeks/months afta the op. so at the time there was only me and one other person in the world to have survived. i don't know who it is, or anything about the other person. i had the most coils too. and as far as i know, still did until earlier this year, a radio DJ in Leeds or somewhere kept gettin migranes and ended up having an anurysm, but he got something like 24 coils. so he has the most now.

im the best case of survivng the op too, the doctors used to take pictures of me around the world to their ceminars, the pics my mam n dad would take on my b-day. they stopped when i was 6 or something for some reason.

so im like extremely lucky to be alive and just wondered if anyone else has an anuerysm like me, because it would be real interesting to talk to them?? never met or heard of anyone with one too.

p.s. no joking about cos thats jus plain ignorance and out of order.

Aqueous Moon
11-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Peace

Glad you survived and you are o.k. That's a lot for a little baby to go through. I don't know any one with an anuerysm, nor do I have one.

Do the doctors know what causes them ?

iNtell3kT
11-03-2005, 06:58 PM
u shoulda been the the Guiness Book Of World Records, thos bastards

oldie
11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
cheers 4 your respect on this. nah, i don't think they know to this day how its caused. i just know theres a small handfull in the world alive today who survived it. how many survived with brain damage and without i havent a clue.

thats exactly what i been saying for years!! theres a medial section too! but my 15 minutes of fame isnt to be now the DJ has more coils then me. oh well, i was glad to see he had survived it like me, and he was in his 30's or 40's. be good to meet him.

my mam n dad told me they could have told the papers if they wanted too but didnt want my life constantly being tapped up by the media, which is more than fair. im kinda glad they didnt tell em, although i reckon id get a nice bit of money for it. sorry, i told people not to joke and i am. sorry.

oldie
11-03-2005, 07:09 PM
you can even get anuerysm's in other parts of your body! :S i think the word anuerysm means a blood clot type thing. not sure. shit, i barely know the full story of it all. its confusing.

Kriszy Substance
11-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow...that is very interesting. You must be tough hearted and strong. What a very scary thing to go through as a child and I imagine it was tough on your folks too. Pardom me for being an idiot and too lazy to research myself...but what exactly is an aneurism and what are coils? I mean..what do the coils do? People like to knock doctors and technology and try to do the all natural thing, but just look at what it gave you. Love to you and glad to have you here so I can learn about this. Oh..and do you have troubles going through medal detectors? (that wasnt a joke)

Kriszy Substance
11-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh shit...you mustve read my mind!

I think they gave you superpower coils!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-03-2005, 07:55 PM
maybe you had alittle brain damage, explains the whole g-unit thing

(I couldn't help saying it)

oldie
11-04-2005, 04:50 AM
maybe you had alittle brain damage, explains the whole g-unit thing

(I couldn't help saying it)
dont even go there mate. so what if i like g-unit. i'd shout it your face if i met u, i don't care. u dont like em, i do. i dont like Monotone Flow Doom and you probably do. so what.

oldie
11-04-2005, 05:16 AM
Wow...that is very interesting. You must be tough hearted and strong. What a very scary thing to go through as a child and I imagine it was tough on your folks too. Pardom me for being an idiot and too lazy to research myself...but what exactly is an aneurism and what are coils? I mean..what do the coils do? People like to knock doctors and technology and try to do the all natural thing, but just look at what it gave you. Love to you and glad to have you here so I can learn about this. Oh..and do you have troubles going through medal detectors? (that wasnt a joke)
yeah it was tough for em. specially to decide to go ahead with the opperation knowing that there would be no good outcome. sorry for being ignorant but brain damage isn't a good outcome.

i can't really answer that myself, even im not sure. but as far as i know, its some sort of blood clot...i think. u know what a coil is, its hard to explain but, how i got it explained, and its sorta funny, is that you know them metal scrubbers you can get to wash the pots with - made with aluminium or which ever metal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneurysm - explanation to an aneurysm - even i didnt know this.

but i can't find any pics of any brain scans like mine. cos they show the coils. it luks like a bains scribbled all over it in white crayon.lol.

and.lol. no i dont. we wasnt even sure i could fly until i was, ooh god knows, before i was 13 i think. we wasnt sure cos of the pressure, but i always wondered it and i was smilin the 1st time i went thru the detectors but also slightly dissapointed they didnt go off, it'd of been funny. and no they aint magnetic neither...i tried. i can't remember what metal they are from but its non-magnetic, aluminium? - cant u tell i didnt listen in school. well i did get 2 E's or F's in science...can't remember.

Big Risk
11-04-2005, 06:34 AM
I want one, hit me. Do it.

oldie
11-04-2005, 08:54 AM
^^WTF, u stupid or somethin?!