PDA

View Full Version : where do emotions come from?

THE W
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Go..

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 03:59 PM
the desires of the heart - the actual heart in our chest -

i don't know

what is an emotion ?

THE W
08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
some examples would be love, anger, sadness, joy.

where does desire come from?

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 04:13 PM

desire/hunger

the need to feed off of the source of everything in existence -

i wrote a piece on love being a hunger a couple of days ago - will post in blog soon - i think it will open up room for a good discussion in here

but anyway - the feelings/expressions of our inner parasites being fed or being neglected - or over fed - or totally ignored -

our inner parasites - the ones that hunger for carnal things - the ones that drive us to feed them - and get us into allot of trouble -

in ancient egypt these parasites were cut out before burial of the great ones

THE W
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
so our desires are actually physical things in our bodies identified as parasites?

what do they look like?

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 04:29 PM
so our desires are actually physical things in our bodies identified as parasites?

what do they look like?

our desires are hunger expressed by these physical things in our bodies -

(are you being sarcastic ? - lol )

because if your questions are not sincere and there is an alternative motive other than knowing and trying to find out, stop it -

but if not.....

these "things", from the limited info i've gathered, are our organs - our major organs - when triggered, alters our mental state - and drives us in a path to feeding it -

THE W
08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
so our organs( ex, heart, lungs, brain, bowels) begat these desires?

or

do they react to the yearning of these desires?

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 05:02 PM
good question - let's think about that

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 05:08 PM
i would say that there is a source of power/energy/mind that moves/motivates these organs - a separate frequency/sound for each of them to move to.

cj wisty
08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
an emotion is a type of mental experience.

THE W
08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
an emotion is a type of mental experience.
mental experience

or

experience for the mental?

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 05:17 PM
i would say that there is a source of power/energy/mind that moves/motivates these organs - a separate frequency/sound for each of them to move to.

and when i say move, i'm saying they have a mind of their own - and when fed and given power, it can move the vehicle/body that it's in to a life of destruction

THE W
08-27-2012, 05:17 PM
i have no idea.

i know scientists say that when you experience certain emotions it triggers electronic impulses in certain parts of the brain and also can trigger sensations in certain parts of the body.

beyond that i dont know.

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 05:25 PM
i just lost the answers in a backspace accident

dammit

retry - ( i hate this shit)

fuck it

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 05:27 PM
i was saying something like...

the organs are hooked up to each planet in our solar system

and when ...............fuck it

i'll come back to it

cj wisty
08-27-2012, 05:31 PM
mental experience

or

experience for the mental?

mental experience

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 05:42 PM
emotions come from feelings. you won't express emotion over something you have no feelings for, but if you have feelings for something then you could/would express emotion over it.

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 05:59 PM
what causes feelings ?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 06:10 PM
fear and love, but not always at the same time.

ShaDynasty
08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
feelings and emotions are the same thing i thought.

anyway an emotion is a reaction to something. when you think about it, its what makes us human. the ability to feel something strongly, to be aware of our situation and that of others. the feeling of mutual love between two people is the most important thing in life. emotions can also often destroy people though because something happens and they can't get over that pain.

one thing thats interesting to me is whether women are more emotional than men or if perhaps society forces men to not show their emotions as much.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 06:46 PM
an emotion is an expression of how you feel inside. people can feel all sorts and supress their emotion because they don't want others to know how they feel. people can also express all sorts of emotions to hide how they actually feel.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 06:49 PM
in other words, laughing is an emotion, crying is an emotion, but you won't have those emotions if there is no feeling there. you might laugh or smile if you're feeling happy and you might cry if you're feeling sad.

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 07:25 PM
have you ever laughed while feeling sad and cried when feeling happy ?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 07:29 PM
yes to both

ShaDynasty
08-27-2012, 07:30 PM
in other words, laughing is an emotion, crying is an emotion, but you won't have those emotions if there is no feeling there. you might laugh or smile if you're feeling happy and you might cry if you're feeling sad.

laughing and crying are not emotions. they are actions that may be caused by emotions. your grasp of english is kinda sloppy lol. read much?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 07:33 PM
it's an expression an emotion is an expression of how you feel.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 07:35 PM
why do you think emoticons are called emoticons?

emoticons of smiley faces, sad faces, etc, etc? they enable a user to express how they feel.

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 07:40 PM
laughing and crying are not emotions. they are actions that may be caused by emotions. your grasp of english is kinda sloppy lol. read much?

then what is an emotion?

ShaDynasty
08-27-2012, 07:48 PM
e·mo·tion (-mshn)
n.
1. A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.
2. A state of mental agitation or disturbance: spoke unsteadily in a voice that betrayed his emotion. See Synonyms at feeling.
3. The part of the consciousness that involves feeling; sensibility: "The very essence of literature is the war between emotion and intellect" (Isaac Bashevis Singer).

okay you are unlikely to cry unless you're emotional. but the act of crying is not the emotion. the emotion is what you feel.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 07:51 PM
e·mo·tion (-mshn)
n.
1. A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.
2. A state of mental agitation or disturbance: spoke unsteadily in a voice that betrayed his emotion. See Synonyms at feeling.
3. The part of the consciousness that involves feeling; sensibility: "The very essence of literature is the war between emotion and intellect" (Isaac Bashevis Singer).

okay you are unlikely to cry unless you're emotional. but the act of crying is not the emotion. the emotion is what you feel.

it's an expression an emotion is an expression of how you feel.

i already said that.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 07:52 PM
and i already said that without feelings there would be no emotion.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 07:55 PM
if someone was to tell me they love me cos that's how they feel, that they love me, but they said it with no emotion/expression on their face, i wouldn't be able to take them seriously.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
if a killer was found guilty of murder in court and he/she showed no emotion during the trial or towards the victim's family or whatever, then they definitely don't regret what they've done.

ShaDynasty
08-27-2012, 07:58 PM
w/e you don't have to take it personal

in other words, laughing is an emotion, crying is an emotion

this is not true. lets move on.

ShaDynasty
08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
you can feel the emotion without showing it. you understand that right?

ya big dummy lol

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 08:03 PM
you can feel the emotion without showing it. you understand that right?

ya big dummy lol

an emotion is an expression of how you feel inside. people can feel all sorts and supress their emotion because they don't want others to know how they feel. people can also express all sorts of emotions to hide how they actually feel.

already stated that.

as i was saying about killers in court. if they were to become emotional and cry then you might be able to see that the killer FEELS remorse. remorse is a feeling not an emotion, how do people normally express remorse?

LORD NOSE
08-27-2012, 08:09 PM
where do emotions come from ?

ShaDynasty
08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
they might cry because they're going to prison, and exploit it as if it were real regret for their action.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
where do emotions come from ?

emotions come from feelings. you won't express emotion over something you have no feelings for, but if you have feelings for something then you could/would express emotion over it.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 08:14 PM
they might cry because they're going to prison, and exploit it as if it were real regret for their action.

well obviously if they only cry after the verdict then they're only crying for themselves.

ShaDynasty
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM

you need to listen to that wu-tang double cd more often.

feeling is a synonym for emotion. the expression of an emotion is seperate.

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/28Rz7.jpg

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 08:40 PM
well i don't use those words interchangeably.

people express their feelings with words and body language but you can only express emotion in your face. that's how i see it.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 08:51 PM
A good poker player is careful not to show any emotion in their face during a game but inside he/she would be feeling all sorts depending on what hand he/she has.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Plus when u lot talk about someone being emotional that someone is usually crying.

THE W
08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
mental experience
so you believe the brain creates emotions? can you substantiate this?

BrokenWrists
08-27-2012, 11:12 PM
The right side of the brain processes emotion, the left side categorizes them. The center of the brain controls them. Its up to the person to show them or recognize them at all.

Face of the Golden Falcon
08-28-2012, 12:29 AM
An emotion and a feeling are one and the same thing like Pac said. In fact if you were going to be picky you could say emotion comes before feeling because as "feeling" suggests it is the process of feeling the emotion.

Emotion itself is the movement of energy.

Etymology gives the answer:

emotion (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=emotion&allowed_in_frame=0) http://www.etymonline.com/graphics/dictionary.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=emotion)1570s, "a (social) moving, stirring, agitation," from M.Fr. émotion (16c.), from O.Fr. emouvoir "stir up" (12c.), from L. emovere "move out, remove, agitate," from ex- "out" (see ex- (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=ex-&allowed_in_frame=0)) + movere "to move" (see move (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=move&allowed_in_frame=0)).
At it's basis emotion is the creative or driving force underlying creation as there are 2 aspects in all of the manifested universe.

Consciousness and Energy.

Energy is the Feminine/passive aspect.
Consciousness is the Masculine/directing aspect.

Energy in response to the directing consciousness (Will) is moved into action which we call emotion.

When energy fails to receive direction from Consciousness/Will it becomes susceptible to external regulating and/or manipulating processes. Regulating in the form of processes put in place by the Supreme Intelligence called cycles which use sounds, colors, shapes, numbers, smells etc. Manipulating in the form of those with knowledge of how to use sounds, colors, shapes, numbers, smells etc. to move the masses into actions they desire from us.

Uncle Steezo
08-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Falcon is on point.might be too much for the uninitiated...idk

my understanding is that emotion is the frequency/vibration that consciousness is expressed in. there are only two states that consciousness can express fear and love. all emotions are variations of these two vibrations.

we experience these vibrations in the physical realm on two levels:
1st- we mentally experience emotion and we call that "feeling" ie i feel happy, i feel sad, i feel angry..

2nd- we physically experience emotion via chemical reactions produced by the brain ie cry, laugh, elevated heart rate..

D.projectile
08-28-2012, 05:11 AM

separation?

hashashin
08-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Feelings & emotions are 2 different things imo. Emotions are the display of a feeling that we show externally. Sometimes it can be be an expression of how we feel inside but emotions can be either genuine or faked/contrived for whatever reason, feelings cant. A baby is capable of displaying emotion but it doesn't have the language skills or life experience to understand true feelings, certain meds can blunt your emotions but doesn't necessarily change how someone feels inside

Uncle Steezo
08-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Feelings & emotions are 2 different things imo. Emotions are the display of a feeling that we show externally. Sometimes it can be be an expression of how we feel inside but emotions can be either genuine or faked/contrived for whatever reason, feelings cant. A baby is capable of displaying emotion but it doesn't have the language skills or life experience to understand true feelings, certain meds can blunt your emotions but doesn't necessarily change how someone feels inside

can you be angry without showing the emotion? if yes, then emotion is NOT external. a faked emotion is not an emotion at all. fake emotions don't really have relevance in the context of this discussion

"feelings" by definition of the word, is a passive experience. I "feel" is a reaction to a stimulus. the statement "i feel cold" is not actually the state of being cold ( i realize hot/cold are subjective), its the expression of the sensation of 'coldness'.

an emotion could actually make you feel something contrary. for example i feel angry because someones mean comment made me sad. sadness (the emotion) cause me to experience(the feeling) the emotion of anger.

"they hurt my feelings". this could lead to any number of emotions. but the only way to know if your feelings are hurt is if you experience an emotion from the stimulus.
conversely one who is in control of his emotions cannot get his feelings hurt because there is no emotion to "feel".

the shit is cyclical but not the same.

Uncle Steezo
08-28-2012, 07:15 AM
it also has to do with what frequencies you are attuned to.
for ex:
i can call you a "poo poo head dummy" and it doesnt phase you at all. just words right?
i could call your child, who you love dearly, "a worthless piece of shit" and you rage out. still just words, but i touched a nerve. why? what is the difference?

its the vibration/frequencsy that your consciousness is tuned to. my words are physical manifestations of thought. thought is a vibration. my vibration/thought/words can interfere/disrupt your consciousness frequency. this interference produces a change in energy(what is in part what falcon was getting at) change=movement=emotion

some mediation is an exercise of finding inner peace and absence of all emotion. it can be an exercise of finding balance. balance=no movement=no emotion.

THE W
08-28-2012, 06:40 PM
good build fellas,

continue

cj wisty
08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
so you believe the brain creates emotions? can you substantiate this?

i dont know if youd say the brain 'creates' emotions. more like the brain experiences them. its a type of experience. a mental experience.

its like how seeing something is a visual experience. well emotions is a type of experience only its not seeing something its feeling something on a personal level.

Uncle Steezo
08-29-2012, 12:13 PM
well technically, "seeing" something is a three tiered process.
1 the collection of photons by the eyes and the subsequent signals sent to the brain based on color/lightfrequency, intensity, etc.

2. the processing of that raw data into an image which solely exists in the mind of the observer.

3. this image is then presented to the mind of the observer. where the observer interprets the image into meaning.

so we could say that the act of seeing is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by the body (eyes & brain).

in the case of emotion, we could say that emotion is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by body (the brain).

cj wisty
08-29-2012, 12:20 PM
well technically, "seeing" something is a three tiered process.
1 the collection of photons by the eyes and the subsequent signals sent to the brain based on color/lightfrequency, intensity, etc.

2. the processing of that raw data into an image which solely exists in the mind of the observer.

3. this image is then presented to the mind of the observer. where the observer interprets the image into meaning.

so we could say that the act of seeing is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by the body (eyes & brain).

in the case of emotion, we could say that emotion is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by body (the brain).

same thing can b said about emotions.

1. something in the physical world triggers our brain to make us feel an emotion. eg someone calling ur gf would make u angry.

2. the brain then processes this something in the physical world into a type of emotion.

3. the image is presented to the mind of the observer.

i also believe this mind to b part of the physical world. i dont believe it belongs in a spiritual world or other world.

Uncle Steezo
08-30-2012, 08:35 AM
where is the mind? its my understanding that the mind is a construct but doesn't actually exist in the physical sense of the word exist.

the construct is made of the data collected processed and interpreted by the individual. the mind is the operating system the brain is the computer and the spirit is the user.

Uncle Steezo
08-30-2012, 08:45 AM
same thing can b said about emotions.

1. something in the physical world triggers our brain to make us feel an emotion. eg someone calling ur gf would make u angry.

2. the brain then processes this something in the physical world into a type of emotion.

3. the image is presented to the mind of the observer.

1. our brain makes us feel an emotion- what is doing the FEELING of the emotion? this statement suggests that the brain and the person are two separate entities.

2. the brain processes this something into an emotion- if the brain has already created the emotion and gave it to us to feel then how does it then process the "something" into an emotion. this doesnt make sense at all. the cart is before the horse. do we have to categorize emotion before we can acknowledge it? most times emotion is not even a cognitive process. when you are sad you dont say to yourself "wow i'm really sad" you are already in the midst of sadness.

3. the image is presented to the mind- what image? and what does the mind do with this image when it is presented with it? if we have felt the emotion, and the brain has processed and created the emotion (according to you, in that order) where does this image come into play?

THE W
08-30-2012, 10:13 AM
i see emotion as a force outside of our reality that has an effect on our reality. emotions cant be measured or observed. only our reactions to them can be measured and observed.

how much does our flesh and bone have to do with who we are?

Uncle Steezo
08-31-2012, 02:29 PM
flesh has nothing to do with who we are in a larger sense. our experiences in the physical realm ultimately are feed back to the universe so in that sense they have an effect on the universal consciousness which in tun is fed back to the individual reality.

diggy
02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Go..

Emotion is typically defined as a response to stimuli that involves physiological changes (increased pulse rate, increased body temperature, activity of certain glands, increased or decreased breathing rate), which motivate a person to act. Simply put, emotions are the feelings of the mind, the equivalent of what physical sensations are to the body.

LORD NOSE
02-18-2013, 05:40 AM
The hearts desire.

The sexual organ desires

The stomach desires

D.projectile
02-18-2013, 08:45 AM
"hungry niggas start to get tight faced, thats when the fight breaks"

D.projectile
02-18-2013, 08:52 AM
stayhungryism is a good tool that can b used for good or bad.

u run with the pain and hunger n harness it n u'll be a force to be reckoned with

n u can go write shit like lost@C