PDA

View Full Version : World as Will and Idea

rakimkoolgrapwutang
10-06-2012, 05:30 AM
WMjjWS7MYNE

one of the most important philosophies from 1 of the most important thinkers. its a disgrace schools teach meaningless shit in philosophy classes and not important stuff like this.

i disagree a bit with point 9. compassion does compress will but i dont think art does.

also he does a bit of a jump saying that our desires for sex and food is the same as forces found in physics such as gravity and magnetism.

D.projectile
10-06-2012, 07:50 AM
nice

TheFunkyDrummer
10-06-2012, 10:51 AM
since when did you get into all this stuff

In the past I already thought of similar things and the first couple of points are obvious when you think about it.

Point 7 was well thought

rakimkoolgrapwutang
10-06-2012, 11:02 AM
since when did you get into all this stuff

In the past I already thought of similar things and the first couple of points are obvious when you think about it.

Point 7 was well thought

ive always been in2 it. and when schopenhauer thought of all this it was very influential no one thought of it. people couldnt understand him at first until many years later. only other people who really thought of it were hindus and buddhists. but schopenhauer was far more complex and convincing than them.

i think the first points were the most complex. kant said that we experienced all things through the senses but he said there could still be a objective things and truths cuz we dont know about things in themselves. however schopenhauer showed that we know our body and showed that everything is subjective. theres no objective world. which was a huge statement.

diggy
10-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice vid. I've read some of his works a few times. Interesting stuff. I find him easier to read than other philosophers. He gets to the point.

He studied Buddhism deeply and it is suggested that he may have built on some of it's prevailing ideas. Maybe his ideas where shunned cuz of the connection or maybe his ideas where shunned cuz he opposed Kant. Or maybe something else.

rakimkoolgrapwutang
10-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Nice vid. I've read some of his works a few times. Interesting stuff. I find him easier to read than other philosophers. He gets to the point.

He studied Buddhism deeply and it is suggested that he may have built on some of it's prevailing ideas. Maybe his ideas where shunned cuz of the connection or maybe his ideas where shunned cuz he opposed Kant. Or maybe something else.

i think its none of those reasons. i dont even think he was shunned that much. i think his ideas were 2 radical 4 people to understand him. he was more ignored than shunned. his mum told him no one woul read his books cuz they were 2 complex.

i howver prefer schopenhauers predecessor nietzsche. both nietzsche and schopenhauer were nihilists. however schopenhauer was life negating as was buddhism and believed in losing all will and wanted to escape life cuz he thought it had 2 much suffering.

nietzsche however drew more inspiration from the greeks and was life affirming. he also believed the world/universe didnt exist but he created the concept of an ubermensch who created his own values and his own world. nietzsche believed in will to power. and cuz he believed in creating ur own world and ur own values he believed creative will was the most important thing and that art was the most important task in the world.