John Nash
10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
u can never be 100% sane

LORD NOSE
10-20-2012, 07:29 PM
why not ?

diggy
10-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Just like maintaining one's body or anything else, the mind needs to be maintained as well. Maintain or lose it.

John Nash
10-21-2012, 05:08 AM
why not ?

Chaos theory says even in the most ordered system there's still a bit of chaos. The only way ur mind is totally sane is if its empty which would mean its dead

LORD NOSE
10-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Just like maintaining one's body or anything else, the mind needs to be maintained as well. Maintain or lose it.

no separation

Chaos theory says even in the most ordered system there's still a bit of chaos. The only way ur mind is totally sane is if its empty which would mean its dead

there doesn't have to be chaos - just an understanding of the process and an acceptance of ones reach and placement

IrOnMaN
10-21-2012, 06:02 AM
In my opinion, we're all crazy.

John Nash
10-21-2012, 07:07 AM
there doesn't have to be chaos - just an understanding of the process and an acceptance of ones reach and placement

sanity depends on insanity.

TheFunkyDrummer
10-21-2012, 08:21 AM
In my opinion, we're all crazy.

We actually are.

John Nash
10-21-2012, 11:30 AM
also it depends on what sunny means by healthy.

and also is 100% sanity a good thing necessarily. 100% sanity seems to suggest 100% order and uniformity which suggests a lack of originality chaos and excitement.

knewcheeze
10-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Very true....you cannot separate the mental from the physical cuz the mind is the body in wave form and the body is the mind in particle form...so yes...100 percent good health includes 100 percent sanity...sometimes its good to pretend one is insane for various reasons...but if you insane you are not 100 percent health...good work sunny winters....

in closing....anybody who believes that we can never be 100 percent sane is clearly sumbody with a a victim mentality the size of King Geedorah flying through outerspace.....

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/6801/levelsd.png[/QUOTE]

John Nash
10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Very true....you cannot separate the mental from the physical cuz the mind is the body in wave form and the body is the mind in particle form...

particles have both wave and particle properties. if by mental u mean "soul" i.e. something not physical then youd be wrong because both waves and particles are physical entities

diggy
10-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I was not implying a separation.

LORD NOSE
10-21-2012, 05:04 PM
sanity depends on insanity.

how so ?

also it depends on what sunny means by healthy.

how many different meanings for healthy are there ?

and also is 100% sanity a good thing necessarily. 100% sanity seems to suggest 100% order and uniformity which suggests a lack of originality chaos and excitement.

excitement - a hunger for stimulation that eventually invites death and tear to the mind and body -

at the crown/upper place, you are used/controlled by the highest order - you no longer have say so over what you say or do - this is supreme order and uniformity - once here, you live forever - no broken pieces - no fragmenting

John Nash
10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
how so ?

if theres no insanity how can sanity exist. opposites depend on eachother. its hard to explain.

but try and think if theres no left. can u go right.

how many different meanings for healthy are there ?

it can many different things. depends who ur asking. health is generally the well being of ur mind body and spirit.

some people might think 100% sanity isnt good for people. u need that tiny bit of insanity. the pressure of trying to be totally sane can make some people crack.

theres certain cultures that allow people 2 have a set period of madness. to let everything out of their system. such festivals can therefore be said to be healthy

excitement - a hunger for stimulation that eventually invites death and tear to the mind and body -

excitement and stimulation are necessary for the drive to life or the will to power or chi energy. theyre suggestive of this boundless passionate energy. such as sex.

it doesnt invite death but it can become so out of control that it can do serious harm and may cause death

at the crown/upper place, you are used/controlled by the highest order - you no longer have say so over what you say or do - this is supreme order and uniformity - once here, you live forever - no broken pieces - no fragmenting

if u lose ur free will then ur no longer urself and u r therefore dead

Face of the Golden Falcon
10-22-2012, 12:19 AM
if theres no insanity how can sanity exist. opposites depend on eachother. its hard to explain.

but try and think if theres no left. can u go right.

This is not true. Opposites do not always depend on each other and if they do then insanity and sanity are not opposites.

Complementary or interdependant opposites exist as the neccessary foundation of the universe. They interplay in such a way so as to achieve balance and therefore COMPLETE order in the universe. They are opposites such as left/right, up/down, hot/cold, light/dark, masculine/feminine etc.

Sanity has no complementary opposite because it is a word used to describe this very balance and complete order within the universe. In the example of the word "sanity" it is describing the mind when it is in a balanced state.

Other words that have no complementary opposite are HEALTH (describing the balanced state of usually the physical body, but also sometimes the mental, emotional and spiritual bodies as well) and in particular RIGHTEOUSNESS or GOOD, which describes the complete balanced state of the entire Universe both on a macro and microcosmic level.

it can many different things. depends who ur asking. health is generally the well being of ur mind body and spirit.

some people might think 100% sanity isnt good for people. u need that tiny bit of insanity. the pressure of trying to be totally sane can make some people crack.

If people place pressure on themselves to be 100% sane or healthy and they "crack" then it was the incorrectly perceived pressure (which would fall under the definition of insanity) that lead to them cracking, not being 100% sane or healthy because if they were 100% sane/healthy they would not have cracked!

theres certain cultures that allow people 2 have a set period of madness. to let everything out of their system. such festivals can therefore be said to be healthy

Those festivals cannot be said to be healthy if the people are engaging in unhealthy acts (assuming this is what you mean by madness, otherwise it wouldn't be madness). How can doing something unhealthy be healthy?

John Nash
10-22-2012, 12:10 PM
This is not true. Opposites do not always depend on each other and if they do then insanity and sanity are not opposites.

Complementary or interdependant opposites exist as the neccessary foundation of the universe. They interplay in such a way so as to achieve balance and therefore COMPLETE order in the universe. They are opposites such as left/right, up/down, hot/cold, light/dark, masculine/feminine etc.

Sanity has no complementary opposite because it is a word used to describe this very balance and complete order within the universe. In the example of the word "sanity" it is describing the mind when it is in a balanced state.

Other words that have no complementary opposite are HEALTH (describing the balanced state of usually the physical body, but also sometimes the mental, emotional and spiritual bodies as well) and in particular RIGHTEOUSNESS or GOOD, which describes the complete balanced state of the entire Universe both on a macro and microcosmic level.

but balance depends on the idea of imbalance. if someone knows what balance is then theyll know what imbalance is. how can you understand 1 without understanding the other.

im not saying that insanity and sanity balance with eachother. they dont. but they depend on eachother because if you know 1 you know the other.

i think my vie on the universe is very different from yours.

i dont think that things balance out or that they make the universe ordered.

i dont think the universe reaches a complete balanced state.

i think this is an illusion people see. a good example is evolution. its a chaotic event but it looks like it has order cuz every animal seems to be so complex that an inventor must have created them with a set orderly plan and that these animals couldnt have came from such a chaotic thing as natural slection.

same way people look at the universe. they believe it should be ordered and balanced

If people place pressure on themselves to be 100% sane or healthy and they "crack" then it was the incorrectly perceived pressure (which would fall under the definition of insanity) that lead to them cracking, not being 100% sane or healthy because if they were 100% sane/healthy they would not have cracked!

i hink u may b right on this 1

Those festivals cannot be said to be healthy if the people are engaging in unhealthy acts (assuming this is what you mean by madness, otherwise it wouldn't be madness). How can doing something unhealthy be healthy?

my point was that insanity or madness isnt necessarily always unhealthy. sometimes its good to let out ur frustration

Face of the Golden Falcon
10-23-2012, 12:50 AM
but balance depends on the idea of imbalance. if someone knows what balance is then theyll know what imbalance is. how can you understand 1 without understanding the other.

im not saying that insanity and sanity balance with eachother. they dont. but they depend on eachother because if you know 1 you know the other.

Just because your understanding of either of these two concepts (sanity and insanity) depend on your understanding of it's "oppostite" does not mean that "sanity" as an actual real "thing" depends at all on "insanity". You're confusing your understanding of reality with reality itself. I suspect this is because you believe that reality is completely subjective.

Your original statement was that "sanity depends on insanity". Which is not true. An intellectual understanding of sanity as a concept depends on having also an intellectual understanding of insanity as a concept.

Whether or not you have an intellectual understanding of sanity has no bearing on sanity as a reality.

i think my vie on the universe is very different from yours.

I'd say so. Which means we may not get very far in this conversation, but it's interesting none the less.

i dont think that things balance out or that they make the universe ordered.

i dont think the universe reaches a complete balanced state.

i think this is an illusion people see. a good example is evolution. its a chaotic event but it looks like it has order cuz every animal seems to be so complex that an inventor must have created them with a set orderly plan and that these animals couldnt have came from such a chaotic thing as natural slection.

same way people look at the universe. they believe it should be ordered and balanced

Things are ordered though. It's what makes them "things". A true understanding of chaos can only be one of complete chaos. You cannot have a little bit of chaos or 80% chaos etc. either it's chaos or it isn't. The Universe will allow there to be an element of disorder, but even then the intelligence and capacity of the universe to adapt merges that disorder into the cosmic plan.

You say people believe that it should be ordered when it is ordered. It is objectively observable.

or·der/ˈôrdər/

Noun:The arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.

This is all that that is seen in the universe. Order.

If you don't think that there is an intelligence behind this order, fine, but there is order.

Assuming macroevolution is a viable theory on the order of things (I would say it has to many holes for that to be so) how is it a chaotic event? How can you say it is a chaotic event but "looks like it has order". Which one is it? How do you decide which one it is? Do you live your life assuming your senses are incorrect simply because they are not always 100% accurate?

Peace.

John Nash
10-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Just because your understanding of either of these two concepts (sanity and insanity) depend on your understanding of it's "oppostite" does not mean that "sanity" as an actual real "thing" depends at all on "insanity". You're confusing your understanding of reality with reality itself. I suspect this is because you believe that reality is completely subjective.

Your original statement was that "sanity depends on insanity". Which is not true. An intellectual understanding of sanity as a concept depends on having also an intellectual understanding of insanity as a concept.

Whether or not you have an intellectual understanding of sanity has no bearing on sanity as a reality.

yes i do believe reality is completely subjective. ur view on reality seems more kantian.

mine is more like schopenhauer/nietzsche

u call sanity a "thing" but how do we know this "thing" we know it through our own senses or our own subjective means.

how can u possibly know "sanity" as an objective "thing". u cant. its impossible. u can only understand what it means personally to you. therefore to argue about "objective sanity" cant be done. its an impossible task.

how can u know "objective reality"

I'd say so. Which means we may not get very far in this conversation, but it's interesting none the less.

true

Things are ordered though. It's what makes them "things". A true understanding of chaos can only be one of complete chaos. You cannot have a little bit of chaos or 80% chaos etc. either it's chaos or it isn't. The Universe will allow there to be an element of disorder, but even then the intelligence and capacity of the universe to adapt merges that disorder into the cosmic plan.

You say people believe that it should be ordered when it is ordered. It is objectively observable.

or·der/ˈôrdər/

Noun:The arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.

This is all that that is seen in the universe. Order.

If you don't think that there is an intelligence behind this order, fine, but there is order.

Assuming macroevolution is a viable theory on the order of things (I would say it has to many holes for that to be so) how is it a chaotic event? How can you say it is a chaotic event but "looks like it has order". Which one is it? How do you decide which one it is? Do you live your life assuming your senses are incorrect simply because they are not always 100% accurate?

Peace.

u can measure chaos.

if the sequence or pattern seen in a system is a coincidence is that system still said to be ordered?

people believed they saw a completely orderly creation because animals were very complex and that it had to be done with a purpose in a perfect way.

evolution isnt completely chaotic but it isnt as ordered as intelligent design because evolution has no set direction.

i think nothing is real and that everything is imagined.

also what if there was a mathematician so intelligent that he could see a sequence or pattern in every event.

do you think that everything relative to this mathematician is a completely ordered system