PDA

View Full Version : A panoramic fact based view of the situation in africa

TSA
10-23-2012, 01:23 AM
This is a follow up on my previous thread about 5%ers trying to black wash white history. I'd like everyone to note that 5% don't represent .1% of the black population and if it wasn't for wutang and rappers they went to highschool with like Busta Rhymes getting record deals nobody would really know who they are.

anyways i found that most of the problem comes from the fact that nobody knows wtf is going on in africa but they can all agree that shit looks crazy as fuck bruh. Here's a breakdown

Tribes
The term tribe is a racist demeaning of ethnicities in Africa invented by colonists. Why didn't want to recognize the nations of Africa as Nations because it due to terminology it would negatively effect colonial agenda. The image thus created in the western head is a 'tribe' is a small clan or band of people, or some type of petty loyalty

These tribes are full blown nations in every sense of the word. There are more people in the Hausa tribe than there are people in Germany. There are as many people in my tribe as there are people in Portugal. prior to colonialism these 'tribes' had their own states, cities, politics, laws, customs, attire, religion, and so forth. There are more differences between my tribe and the Benin tribe across a river than there are between an English man and a Russian. The physical appearance between a Tuareg and Wolof man are so great that if they weren't both black they would be considered different races and they live in the same country.

The situation this creates is we as africans are starting from scratch in developing new 'national' identities because at independence most ethnicity chose to stay together in the artificial nations created by colonists.

The misconception i hear people bring about is a very ignorant 'wide is everything based on tribe' or other things that imply people can just 'let it go'. That shit is deeper than rap. Igbo and Yoruba people don't even sit down the same. You could never image a sitation where America Mexico and Canada are fused into the same nation and there's no conflict and tension or that everyone will just give up their American or Mexican or Canadian identity. The EU is no where near even implying people should do this and Nigeria, or Ethiopia are less like France and Germany and more like the EU.

TSA
10-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Poverty

Africa is a poor continent, but it's nowhere near what western education tries to make it. If i showed you pictures of the cities in africa you would think i was nit picking or being dishonest. The situation is there's little to no 'credit' in Africa. This means what people own they ACTUALLY own and they've ACTUALLY built.

Lets all imagine what we would own without credit. A world where we would have to buy our own cars, cash, build our own house cash, and pay for school upfront. You'll see a stark difference.

The super rich would have everything, the poor would have nothing, and the middle class would evaporate. This is africa. People are either very rich or very poor but the very poor are essentially regular working class americans without credit.

The misconception seems to be that everyone is just starved the fuck out because they run clips from a famine in ethiopia in the 1980s over and over on tv for 2 decades straight and do 100 documentaries on Dinkas and Maasi tribesmen.

The story in africa right now isn't poverty, it's growth, and every africa with two ounces of sense, chinese people, and well educated white europeans are moving in to make money because it's the new frontier for growth. The fastest growing economy in the world right now is Ghana at 14% at it was already a middle income nation (comparable to Mexico if you dont know what that means).

We keep hearing about the boom in China and India. India has more people under the poverty line than the entire continent of Africa and the median growth rate of an african country is equal to China at it's best.

Poverty isn't the story in AFrica. What africans are struggling with is unemployment, like everyone else right now, not starvation.

TSA
10-23-2012, 01:36 AM
I'll even go as far as saying we can learn a lot from the continent.
For instance when America's government was bailing to banks and failing to end it's recession, the central bank of nigeria made banks and companies pool together and bail themselves out, which left that country and most of africa as the only places in the world untouched by the recession because it worked.

TSA
10-23-2012, 01:39 AM
War

There's a conflict in Somalia that's on it's last leg, and one in Mali at the moment that came as a result of the US flooding weapons into Libya, and that's it. that's out of 54 countries.

TSA
10-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Colonialism

the length and influence of colonialism is overrated. The problems that came after are largely African made but a natural result of how complex-ed the reality at had was. The whole 'europe stole all their resources' thing is largely BS, though every true in isolate cases. Colonialism was horrible in the Congo, which you can read about yourself, and europeans were all about stealing historic artifacts and underpaying labor or not paying them at all. Otherwise colonialism was a pretty short stint, and once 1 generation of africans had received modern education they were motioning, successfully, for independence.

Colonialism it's self was 2 generations long, though european involvement had extended past that. Of course the experience of all countries were different, but for the most part colonialism's biggest legacy was creating artificial nations and overt political involvement that encouraged corruption.

TSA
10-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Problems

As i said before the problem people are dealing with is unemployment. The economy is growing but so is the population and the demand to live in cities is overwhelming the cities we have already.

Rule of law is also a big issue. Because these new 'nations' are no more than 60 years old at their oldest people are getting used to laws the supersede tribal law. For instance if a Yoruba Oba is arrested there's going to be a riot. Likewise if Mexico and the Us became one country, and Obama was arrested by Mexicans, there would be riot. So it's an adjustment thing more than anything, but it's only been 60-40 years.

Corruption is another one. Lots of bribing, mistrust, lack of transparency, and misapporpriation of funds. There's corruption in America but an American will make sure the school he's commissioned to build gets built and simply over charge the government and keep the money. In Africa niggas will flat out get the money and not build the school.

These are the issues we're facing.

but all this stupid shit about Aids, starvation, famine, war, violence and hell even water are just fucking stupid and irrelevant. Even that Kony shit lol. dudes been death for 5 years and LRA hasn't struck in 6 and is largely defunct.

TSA
10-23-2012, 01:57 AM
is the place a utopia, no. It's no where near as developed as America, but your also not that much richer than the people there. The difference is you have credit and own things from gradual realistic payments. Over there everything you own and do is upfront cash and the roads still look like this.

http://allafrica.com/download/pic/main/main/csiid/00211206:a7c226e5ef56ef0b6fa7f9fddc0965e5:arc614x3 76:w290:us1.jpg

every car on this road was bough straight cash. Every building built by cash, which is something the average american couldn't pull off.

I had a person ask me if there were cars in africa. I told him the issue is traffic jams and that i wish there was less cars in africa even.

John Nash
10-23-2012, 01:30 PM
thanks that was interesting.

also i think some charities actually make africa worse instead of better.

heres another thread i made

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118983

i heard some people say africans are bad farmers but others say that the soil and flooding is very bad in africa. which one is true

diggy
10-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I'll even go as far as saying we can learn a lot from the continent.
For instance when America's government was bailing to banks and failing to end it's recession, the central bank of nigeria made banks and companies pool together and bail themselves out, which left that country and most of africa as the only places in the world untouched by the recession because it worked.

So what? It's corrupt and people kill each other in massive numbers. Sucks as a cuntry.

John Nash
10-23-2012, 04:41 PM
So what? It's corrupt and people kill each other in massive numbers. Sucks as a cuntry.

praise should be given when praise is due.

Shogah
10-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Interesting thread, keep on.

diggy
10-24-2012, 12:14 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Feuerreiben.gif

^^panoramic view.

Prince Rai
10-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Just logged on to say that this is a good thread.

TSA
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Feuerreiben.gif

^^panoramic view.

that's Papua New Guiena. Those people are in Asia my nigga.
:learning:

TSA
10-24-2012, 08:05 PM
AIDS

This is the one that keeps americans buzzing the hardest. though the origins of AIDS are questionable, it's not an 'african problem'. there's cholera in mexicon, but cholera isn't a "north american problem" and that's a continent of 3 countries. Africa is 54.

there are countries that suffer from the AIDS epidemic. South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho. these are places where it's a real actual health problem. Everywhere else, calling AIDS an epidemic or something relevent to national issues is like calling the clap a pandemic or something relevent to national issues in the United states.

the AIDS story was also dropped and forgotten when it was at it's worst. Now that african countries have seen rates drop in half the new story is terrorism.

People have to realize that there's a great deal of mental laziness behind this 'problem'. People don't want their conception of the world to be complicated or challenged because it fucks with what you know. People have already decided Africa and Blacks = Hell and Demons and everything else is good to go/human. Telling them otherwise is like telling someone they're adopted on a less personal level. it just scrabbles your conception of what you have already made your mind up on an built your reality around. It's easy to, do to this conception, believe that there are countries where everyone has aids, or even 'the people' have aids, a terminal illness (meaning it's something you'll run into all the time) and these countries haven't been wiped off the face of the earth.

Nigeria has the second highest number of ppl with AIDs in africa, but due to it's population the %age is one of the lowest. that being said, you're not going to run into people 'with aids' as a commonality. I'm at the same level of risk getting an STD here, because we have an entire pantheon of shit you can catch and high rates of all of them, then i would there, which has one major monolith of a STD to worry about.

The story with AIDS is some countries in africa have it in high percentages, and they're isolated to southern africa. 80% of countries in africa have lower AIDS rates than the United States, and they have all dropped their rates by roughly half in the last 10 years.

TSA
10-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Urbanization

With the perception that Africa's biggest problem is people are dying off (AIDS, Famine, War) people need to realize that the issue is there's too many mother fuckers. Even the fact that I have to tell Americans that there are cities in Africa is the most off the wall thing to me. The perception that most africans live in villages is also completely retarded and detached from reality to the point where I wonder if we live in the same planet.

with as big as new york city is, people need to realize the Cairo Egypt Lagos Nigeria and Kinshasa Congo are almost double the size of it in population. Most africans are urban dwellers, the whole living with zebras in the village thing is way off.

the fact that most people live in urban areas is actually one of the real problems of africa, as well as the entire developing world.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/11/23/1290539227462/Crowded-Oshodi-Market-in--007.jpg
This is Oshodi Lagos 6 years ago, and if you were to ask someone about Lagos this was the image that came to mind. The place is like a 24/7 rave.
governments struggled to find out what to do with these people and how to organize the city to cope with the ridiculous growth (6,000+ new people weekly).
http://naijaecash.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lagosbus.jpg
http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/oshodi-before-2009.jpg

providing FORMAL employement, slowing the rate of slum growth, enforcing laws were all hercelian tasks. but this is Oshodi today

http://jideodukoya.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/day8-new-oshodi.jpg

and this is the case with most of Africa. People are working hard as fuck to build new nations, most of them not older that 50 years to the standard of nations in europe, which have been around for 2000+ years on average.

the governor of Lagos built satelite towns, implemented stricter laws, implimented more public transport, built a light rail, built a monorail and is currently building this
http://www.ekoatlantic.com/press-pr/press-eko/timelondon.jpg
http://www.africanglobe.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Eko-Atlantic.jpg
http://lagosindicatoronline.com/images/ekoat2.jpg
http://www.wingsch.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/EKO-BOULEVARD-VIEW.jpg
http://www.dearchitect.nl/binaries/content/gallery/architect/projecten/2010/46/lagos-royal-haskoning---urbansolutions-eko-atlantic-city/gallerij/02_boulevard_view_update.jpg/02_boulevard_view_update.jpg/architectimage%3Apicture

eko Atlantic, which is an elevated land development to counter erosion and the raising ocean levels due to global warming infront of lagos, which is low land, so that Lagos doesn't sink and to take the heat of the mainland as far as population and land demand. this is no fantasy or bullshit
http://api.ning.com/files/lHZphyruYBmCOsV2ogWXtr-MmEMIS0a9fdc2NlDxDDbMkWJLS8hp0CPGqzAV7fK*mFcbK6kq2 xH5712eXb8BRFeIV1FwDEkS/greatwallofLagos.jpg
http://www.dearchitect.nl/binaries/content/gallery/architect/projecten/2010/46/lagos-royal-haskoning---urbansolutions-eko-atlantic-city/gallerij/heli-high4bewerkt.jpg/heli-high4bewerkt.jpg/architectimage%3Apicture
http://i.imgur.com/6Oxge.jpg
They're wrapping up the dredging process (this pic is old) and they're currently putting roads in place

this is the second planned city build in the country and severall countries, with Angola leading the pack, and building their asses off right now. nigeria is the worlds #1 growing market for cement.

But the issues or overcrowding remain and these are the real issues people face. In most places even in nigeria the struggle continues and lagos is just one city out of 36+ that need serious help. This is what africans have to deal with and worry about, not no faggot ass Aids.

TSA
10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Slums

Many african urban dwellers live in slums.
http://cdn.pmnewsnigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Area-view-of-the-floating-M.jpg

these slums spring up because there are cities where 6000 people are flooding into every week without a dime to their name. Their goal is to become rich or at least be able to live comfortably and have access to the oppurtunities in the cities. People thus leave their villages and when they can't find a reasonable place to live they collect trash and make a hut to stay in. Their belief if they'll only be there for a little bit until they strike it big then they can move out. Because of a lack of formal employment in comparison to the population and it's constant influx, they end up stuck there, and having the make their own informal employement.

I'll again use Lagos because it's what I know. there's really no unemployed ppl in Lagos. Everyone has a way of making money but it's usually informal. There are people that dive to the ocean floor without dive equiptment, fill buckets with quality sand, swim back up with the buckets, and sell the sand. Everyone is a hustler and most people have off the wall means of making money.

but informal employement keeps them stuck in the slums and because so many informal businesses come from them, it turns into a shadow economy and before you know it the slums are a main attraction and keep multiplying.

this is a real actual problem in Africa.
http://www.ynaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/makoko.jpg

people build illegal homes on top of roads, infront of actual houses, and in the case of Makoko, literally on top of water. These slums create their own eco system and way of life that make them hard to get rid of.

in Makoko, because land is expensive and scarce in Lagos, people have literally made a city on water out of scrap iron and trash.

Now, the reason i gave the back story on slums is because thats the problem. These people aren't at 'home'. this isn't their home, it's more comparable to a tent by a river during the gold rush.

these people come from the village, and the average village in nigeria and most of africa is 100% more comfortable and easy to live in than an urban slum.

the issue is africans don't want to be comfortable. comfort is a VERY low priority for african people and it's pretty universal continent wide. If allowed most africans will literally work 24/7 and not take a break. They don't care. They just want to be rich.

now what is a 'village'. Again because of colonial racist terminology, a village is ANY thing that's not a city. a town.

this is what the average village looks like
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/229304719_cf6303917a.jpg

just a small town. it's poor, there's little to no employement outside of civil service for a hand ful of people petty farming and petty craftsmanship, but this is a village. all that grass hut shit needs to chill.

they're also 100x better as far as standard of living than slums, but because of culture africans dont give a flying fuck about comfort or standard of living, they want to be rich so they can go back to the village and build a baller ass house and they know they wont get rich staying in the village and being comfortable.

Robert Mugabe is called evil because he demolished the slums in Harare.
the BBC was quick to say he was the 'hitler of africa' and he was tearing apart people's homes. He pioneered a very important movement in africa by doing this because we've all come to terms that if someone builds and illegal structure it needs to be removed. That same BBC, tell me the last time England allowed anyone to build a fucking house of scrap metal in the middle of the street, in a water fountain, or on the roof of someone elses house. Here in the US i get fined for not mowing my grass, let alone building a random house on top of a railroad track.

the slum i posted in lagos, Makoko, has now been demolished. most of the residents were happy because it's a sign the the government is now working. they're not going to go back to the village though until they're rich so the saga continues.

TSA
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
and if you need to see, this is Harare now

http://www.ugandapicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Harare.jpg

so we can kill the BS on Mugabe being 'bad'. He's just not going to let the UK and US run his country and give whites special privledges and they declared holy war on him to set an example to other african countries.

he's a dictator, but if he steps down a US/UK puppet will be put in place, so he really doesn't have that choice. No army that knows anything about anything has ever changed leadership during a siege and Zimbabwe is under seige.

Even ghaddafi's track record in development would shit on any US president any day though i personally didn't like him

spiggity_ace
10-26-2012, 10:03 PM
isnt there a conflict in the dem republic of congo thats killed like 2 million people in 10 years or something because of the fleeing tutsis or was it hutus into the area?

africa really interests me, i wanna visit ethiopia one day

diggy
10-26-2012, 10:21 PM
the issue is africans don't want to be comfortable. comfort is a VERY low priority for african people and it's pretty universal continent wide. If allowed most africans will literally work 24/7 and not take a break. They don't care. They just want to be rich.

smh

TSA
10-28-2012, 03:05 AM
isnt there a conflict in the dem republic of congo thats killed like 2 million people in 10 years or something because of the fleeing tutsis or was it hutus into the area?

africa really interests me, i wanna visit ethiopia one day
yeah. Congo has always been very problematic.

They had the most brutal colonial regimes in the history of the world.
After independence their founding father, Patrice Lumumba refused to remain silent about belgian atrocities in the congo. He was one of the few educated men in the country and did a lot to free the country from the beligians.

we'll, the cia and the belgians first conspired to break the country apart and make him look an like incompetent and brutal leader if he retaliates against the western funded independence rebels. He didn't, so they assassinated him and put Mobutu in power.

Mobutu was a thief that was willing to do anything to be powerful. This is a common situation in Africa. Being for african interests makes you by nature adverse to western interests so they'll try to paint you as evil and if that doesn't work, kill you and put someone else in power. Since that person they put in power has no moral backbone and is a piece of shit as can be seen by selling out their country, the country usually goes down hill from there and they loot it dry.

Mobutu was a brutal dictator but he was able to stop the rebels (in all reality the west told them to chill and they did). So when Mobutu was over thrown for being a corrupt thieving scumbag. It created a power vaccuum that was made worst because western and even african countries swarmed in to loot it's resources (congo is technically the richest country in the world in minerals, but instability won't let it happen)

this caused a giant messy war fought by proxies in the east over minerals and leadership of the country. Once Kabila won it went from the three sided war to a two sided but waged on until very recently. It's died down but rebel groups still control the east and it's largely a bloody cease fire.

Rwanda is currently accused of funding rebels groups to loot Congo of diamonds and many western companies have private proxy armies in the country still raising hell. The country was really never given a chance to exist. It's been under constant attack since day one, so in the process 2 million+ ppl have died.

TSA
10-28-2012, 03:08 AM
ps i want to visit Ethiopia too, most of the things in that country can't be found anywhere else in the world.

SL33
10-28-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm happy to see real Africans commenting on africa-related topics.

pro.Graveface
11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Great Thread!

Edgar Erebus
11-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Repped.

Props to TSA for making this thread. For some reason it's pretty hard to find some real info from Africa (even basic info as this) in the flood of Euro mass media who never really got over losing colonies.

You could start a blog with this.

Fatal Guillotine
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
good thread indeed.

John Nash
11-11-2012, 04:06 PM
hey tsa what happened to the fertility of african soil.

i heard in ancient times africa used to have incredibly fertile soil and other countries wanted to go to africa for this reason. but nowadays every1 says the soil is bad