PDA

View Full Version : Duck Down Records

Crazy K
11-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Anyone know what albums to cop from duck down? I already got Sean Price "Monkey Barz". I'm really down with Black Moon, but Don't know which is the best outta the two LP's they got "Total Eclispe" or "Enter Da Arena" and how bout the Boot Camp Clik? I heard a few tracks, but have no clue whether to get "The Chosen Few" or "Basic training"

I don't feel like downloading their songs cause i beelive they are good enough for me to buy and support em.

Prolifical ENG
11-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Dont know what you have but:

Black Moon - Enta Da Stage
O.G.C. - Da Storm
Heltah Skeltah - Magnum Force

Also, one of the 2 Smif and Wessun albums...I am sure others will give their opinions on which are good buys.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Dont know what you have but:

Black Moon - Enta Da Stage
O.G.C. - Da Storm
Heltah Skeltah - Magnum Force

Also, one of the 2 Smif and Wessun albums...I am sure others will give their opinions on which are good buys.
you have the wrong Heltah Skeltah album son LOL i think you mean Nocturnal

baby jesus
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Heltah Skeltah-Nocturnal,Black Moon-Enta Da Stage,Smif N Wessun-Da Shinin.

Prolifical ENG
11-05-2005, 10:26 PM
you have the wrong Heltah Skeltah album son LOL i think you mean Nocturnal

lol....I was going to put both initially, but I decided to just put one from each group. Leflour Leflah Eshkorshka is a sick single...that no one can forget

11-05-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah but Nocturnal is classic and magnum force isn't

Prolifical ENG
11-05-2005, 10:30 PM
I usually look at them as equals....like Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders.....

Never thought that many people thought Nocturnal was that much better...even though both albums are good.

Good thread for a poll in this forum.

Murdah Piff
11-05-2005, 10:31 PM
you have the wrong Heltah Skeltah album son LOL i think you mean Nocturnal magnum force is still an illmatic album

anyways go cop these bcc releases WITHOUT A QUESTION

black moon - enta da stage
black - moon - total eclipse
o.g.c. - da storm
boot camp clik - basic training (greatest hits)
heltah skeltah - nocturnal
heltah skeltah - magnum force
duck down records presents - collect dis edition
smif-n-wessun - dah shinin
smif-n-wessun - reloaded
sean price - monkey bars

the other albums such as:
o.g.c. - the m-pire shrikez back
black moon - war zone
smif-n-wessun - the rude awakening
buckshot and 9th wonder - chemistry
aint all that but theres about 4 ill classic tracks on each one of them but theyre pretty good albums

Crazy K
11-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah, no doubt. I'm thinking bout getting Total Eclispe and Enter Da Stage and probably copping the Smif N Wessun's Reloaded. I need to cop that new true crime game when it gets out and probably use the residual money to get them CDs

Murdah Piff
11-05-2005, 10:36 PM
yea, but sean p monkey bars is the best release outta all three albums from the triple threat campaign

Crazy K
11-05-2005, 10:42 PM
^Word? I copped that already. Boom Bye Yeaaaah!!!!! I heard some songs off of Total Eclispe like Stay Real and This Goes Out To You and only heard Who Got The Props from Eneter Da Stage from Black Moon. I'm thinking about getting The Chosen Few after hearing that And So solo. Whew, they got a huge roster, i'm still having some problems distinguishing their voices. lol

11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Nocturnal is the best album outta all of em followed by Da Storm if you don't have those ya collection will never be complete

Murdah Piff
11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
^^nah dah shinin literally outshines any other bcc release but yea nocturnal, da storm and enta da stage are essential classics for you collection

Crazy K
11-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Looks liek i gots to save up. Best buy round NJ actually got these cd's in stock, sadly they $14.99 each with %6 tax, so $15.88 each! I gots to get a job, ugh.

snapple
11-06-2005, 12:32 AM
most people consider

blackmoon - enta the stage
heltah skeltah - nocturnal
smif n wessun - da shinin
ogc - da storm

to be the must havs, and they are some of the best LPs ive ever heard. most BCC releases are dope, monkey barz, chemistry, rude awakening, total eclipse, chosen few, etc....check out of all their shit

Funkadelic Funkmasta
11-06-2005, 09:16 AM
smif N wessun's da shinin is the best bcc release ever. imo one of the five greatest lp's of the 90's. shit is too dope

Unforgiven
11-06-2005, 09:29 AM
check out Da Representativz - Angels of Death

RzaRectum
11-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Definitely Dope shit

Meta4
11-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Cop ALL of the DuckDown albums. The new Smif N' Wessun is gonna be a classic. Magnum Force is dope as hell too. I love all their shit they put out.

PDTantisocial
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Black Moon "Enta Da Stage" 10/10
Smif-N-Wessun "Dah Shinin'" 10/10
Heltah Skeltah "Nocturnal" 10/10
O.G.C. "Da Storm" 10/10
Boot Camp Clik "For The People" 7/10
Cocoa Brovaz "The Rude Awakening" 8.5/10
Heltah Skeltah "Magnum Force" 9/10
Black Moon "War Zone" 8.5/10
O.G.C. "The M-Pire Shrikez Back" 10/10
Buckshot "The B.D.I. Thug" 7/10
Representativz "Angels Of Death" 8/10
Duck Down Records presents "Duck Down: The Album" 8/10
Boot Camp Clik "The Chosen Few" 9/10
Black Moon "Total Eclipse" 8.5/10
Sean Price "Monkey Barz" 9/10
Buckshot & 9th Wonder "Chemistry" 8/10
Smif-N-Wessun "Reloaded" 9/10

Crazy K
11-10-2005, 04:02 PM
^Thanks for the ratings, helped out a lot. I'm a cop Enter Da Stage.

Marc051
11-10-2005, 06:41 PM
The three Duck Down releases this year were all dissapointments, mostly because of weak production, the only truly classic album in their catalog is Smif n' Wessun - Da Shinin adn then Duck Down - Collect Dis Edition is good, their earlier albums are pretty mediocre really nothing special

PDTantisocial
11-11-2005, 07:30 PM
^^Bullshit

11-11-2005, 07:39 PM
The three Duck Down releases this year were all dissapointments, mostly because of weak production, the only truly classic album in their catalog is Smif n' Wessun - Da Shinin adn then Duck Down - Collect Dis Edition is good, their earlier albums are pretty mediocre really nothing special
just by what you said i can tell you don't know shit about Boot Camp, for the simple fact you didn't mention any Heltah Skeltah or OGC albums

SMH get ya game up

Meta4
11-11-2005, 07:51 PM

Reloaded is gonna be a classic once everyone gets their heads straight. Chemistry is fuckin' dope (blew out my room speakers to it) and Monkey Barz was dope even though it didn't live up to it's expectations. They got a lot of Classic albums. DOPEST label out now (or tied with D-Block).

Murdah Piff
11-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Reloaded is gonna be a classic once everyone gets their heads straight. Chemistry is fuckin' dope (blew out my room speakers to it) and Monkey Barz was dope even though it didn't live up to it's expectations. They got a lot of Classic albums. DOPEST label out now (or tied with D-Block). chemistry sounded like 1 long ass 50 minute song 9th wonder production was sub-par it was still nice but mostly boring.

on the other reloaded outshines chemistry but monkey barz was album of the year

Create
11-12-2005, 02:53 AM
i dont think u guys noticed but THIS NIGGA SAID ENTA DA ARENA

THAT SHIT HAD ME LAUGHING

Create
11-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Heltah Skeltah "Nocturnal" 10/10
O.G.C. "Da Storm" 10/10
Boot Camp Clik "For The People" 7/10
Cocoa Brovaz "The Rude Awakening" 8.5/10
Heltah Skeltah "Magnum Force" 9/10
Black Moon "War Zone" 8.5/10
O.G.C. "The M-Pire Shrikez Back" 10/10
Buckshot "The B.D.I. Thug" 7/10
Representativz "Angels Of Death" 8/10
Duck Down Records presents "Duck Down: The Album" 8/10
Boot Camp Clik "The Chosen Few" 9/10
Sean Price "Monkey Barz" 9/10
Buckshot & 9th Wonder "Chemistry" 8/10
Smif-N-Wessun "Reloaded" 9/10
BY THE WAY HORRIBLE RATINGS

LEMME GIVE U THE REAL RATINES

Heltah Skeltah "Nocturnal" 8/10
O.G.C. "Da Storm" 10/10
Boot Camp Clik "For The People" 6/10
Cocoa Brovaz "The Rude Awakening" 8/10
Heltah Skeltah "Magnum Force" 9.5/10
Black Moon "War Zone" 9.0/10
O.G.C. "The M-Pire Shrikez Back" 7.5/10 <BE SERIUOS
Buckshot "The B.D.I. Thug" 7.5/10
Representativz "Angels Of Death" 4/10 LMAO NIGGA GAVE IT A 8
Duck Down Records presents "Duck Down: The Album" 0/0 HAVENT HEARD
Boot Camp Clik "The Chosen Few" 6.5/10 MAD WACK SONGS
Sean Price "Monkey Barz" 10/10
Buckshot & 9th Wonder "Chemistry" 6.5/10 SUPER BORING
Smif-N-Wessun "Reloaded" 5/10 SUPER COMMERCIAL

Create
11-12-2005, 02:56 AM
Oh And Sun I Like Magnum Force More Then Noctournal

Besides Lafelaugh Single Nuttin On That Album Was Mad Spectalar

That Album Was Just Mad Good

But Ever Song On Magnaum Force Was Bumping

killabee_1993
11-12-2005, 03:49 AM
All the BCC releases this year were nice, Monkey Barz is one of the year's top five IMO and I think many of the people here will agree, it was a great album. I liked chemistry alot too, the beats were kinda repetitive and its not really the style for everybody to get used to hearing after the production Buckshot usually rhymes too. It was kinda a risky move putting those two together, but they definitely pulled it off. I think 9th did a good job, his past efforts with artists doing their whole albums have been good listens. Murs 3:16 the 9th edition is rarely mentioned here but its definitely worth a listen, its a great west coast album IMO. Smif N Wessun was a good effort but I agree, it was more commercial than the other 2 in the Duckdown triple threat. Weaker than some of their shit, but I still liked the album compared to the other mainstream being released all the time and shit on the radio. But if you want the best BCC shit, the first four releases are the best by far. Enta da Stage is one my favortie albums of the nineties, right next to Dah Shinin. Da Storn and Nocturnal are essential albums in any hip hop collection too. 90's hip hop at its finest. Cop it all.

PDTantisocial
11-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Man, bullshit Magnum Force is better than Nocturnal. And I think M-Pire is better than Da Storm, the beats are much more up my alley, love those violins and shit. Chosen Few was fuckin' bangin', Angels Of Death ain't that fuckin' bad, it's a good album, how the fuck is Reloaded mad commercial? They're fuckin' talkin' about guns like 75% of the time.

Marc051
11-12-2005, 11:36 PM
just by what you said i can tell you don't know shit about Boot Camp, for the simple fact you didn't mention any Heltah Skeltah or OGC albums

SMH get ya game up
I have had all their albums at one time or another, but I traded them because they were too boring to listen to anymore, the BCC are decent mc's but really they haven't made anything mind-blowing, like Magnum Force, that album has good lyrics but really bad beats like they were trying to crossover back then, now that it's too late for them to blow up, they're trying to rep the underground but it's like all their songs sound out-dated, I had high hopes for Reloaded, now that album is somewhere collecting dust on my shelf

snapple
11-13-2005, 01:47 AM
I have had all their albums at one time or another, but I traded them because they were too boring to listen to anymore, the BCC are decent mc's but really they haven't made anything mind-blowing, like Magnum Force, that album has good lyrics but really bad beats like they were trying to crossover back then, now that it's too late for them to blow up, they're trying to rep the underground but it's like all their songs sound out-dated, I had high hopes for Reloaded, now that album is somewhere collecting dust on my shelf
what the fuck are you talking about they pioneerd the boom-bap sound and every major MC from the golden era learned how to flow from buckshot....stop actin like you know, you didn't trade any cds, you were not bumpin any of that shit when it dropped keep on fakin the funk!

pep
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
I like reloaded....at first it was ill but those dudes have changed up every album...I like da rude awakening...reloaded is on some mature type chuck chillout sht..boot camp be holdin it....

Unforgiven
11-14-2005, 12:01 AM
what the fuck are you talking about they pioneerd the boom-bap sound and every major MC from the golden era learned how to flow from buckshot....stop actin like you know, you didn't trade any cds, you were not bumpin any of that shit when it dropped keep on fakin the funk!
How is he gonna say they pioneered that shit but he traded em cause they were too boring....

Marc051
11-14-2005, 04:26 AM

not fakin anything, I had every BCC album at one time or another, except Empire Strikes Back and The Representativez (I admit that), the only ones I still have are Warzone, Collect Dis Edition, Magnum Force, Nocturnal, Reloaded, Monkey Barz, and The Chosen Few. I only regret trading Da Shinin, b/c I only bought that for $7 at a used store a long time ago. I seriously thought BCC was going to come back hard after Collect Dis Edition dropped 2 years ago but I have yet to be impressed.

killabee_1993
11-14-2005, 06:23 AM
BCC has been and will always be a great hip hop unit that puts out great albums whether mainstream, underground, or whoever wants to argue about it. I cant understand why somebody would want to trade any of their albums? Especially their early classic shit. Dont front on BCC. Below Wu Tang, BCC is the next best large group of emcees in hip hop that drop consistent material. They havent feel off and could care less about crossing over. Reloaded was a really good album, I agree there was definitely alot of gun talk on there. Great appearances on that album from other BCC members, Dead Prez, and the one and only Talib Kweli.

snapple
11-14-2005, 08:38 AM
How is he gonna say they pioneered that shit but he traded em cause they were too boring....
because he's crazy, go peep that shit for yourself...

PDTantisocial
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
What tha fuck is up with people always sayin' shit like "Goin' commerical"? What the fuck you talkin about? Good music is good music, tight beats are tight beats, alright, they've never gone commercial, and if they did, who cares, they still make dope ass albums.

snapple
11-15-2005, 09:34 AM
^^ when people bitch about "going commercial" whatever that means, theyre useually just nerdy ass wannabee backpackers, thats all it comes down too. sorry if it's not aseop rock or some spacerap shit....i guess spittin about gully shit is considerd commercial because thats whats "in" right now...maybe someone could explain what "going commercial" means, because BCC in no way shape or form has changed their image/content.

Marc051
11-16-2005, 09:15 AM
The last good BCC album was their compilation that came out 2 years ago. I haven't been impressed with anything ever since. Total Esclipe is way overated, I bought it, believing all the hype, then found out there are only 2 good songs. I think they need better producers. Mostly I get bored with those lazy ass out-dated beats that plagued Monkey Barz and Reloaded. Sean P was good on the Jedi Mind Tricks album so I know that's what the problem is.