PDA

View Full Version : He Got Game

MaShPG
11-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I know this movie has already been mentioned in this forum every once in a while, but I just watched it for like the seventh time and felt the need to create an official topic. This movie is so moving to me, maybe it's the fact that it's about Basketball, which is a passion of mine. But this is the best basketball movie of all time. It was directed by Spike Lee, and this is my favorite movie by him. The acting is great, Denzel Washington solidifies his role of the greatest actor of all time, and Seattle Supersonics Star Ray Allen creates a powerful performance (best athlete acting ever?). The music was great, with dope songs (He Got Game is one of my favorite songs of all time) and great music by Aaron Copland. Overall, if you haven't seen this movie, go see it right now. An amazing movie, and my favorite movie of all time. Peace, and remember, "It's the will of the man, it ain't the skill of the man."

Praise the lord and thank you Jesus,
MaShPG

b·baby36
11-06-2005, 02:30 AM
My fave basketball movie, Denzel was amazing..I've read a lot of people talk shit about Rays acting but I thought it was great. I really think it needs to come out on Criterion Collection DVD or something it's worth it!

Alex36
11-06-2005, 10:47 PM
yeah it was a really good film, it wasent that big over here though.

Seyo
11-07-2005, 07:05 AM
hell yeah, there r some scenes that are so fucking crazy, the one i prefer is when Jesus go with the biatch to the manager house (the italian guy...) and he said he want a "brother" with him and the mutafucker answer him something like: hey jesus, you r black i'm white but this (with a roll of bucks in his hand) this one are green....
Unstoppable, chuck d plus Krs in dope!!!!
one of best Lee Joint ever.....

damaja
11-07-2005, 07:42 AM
I learnt to punch people in the throat from this movie.

TheCat
11-07-2005, 07:50 AM
ive always loved this movie, one of Denziels best!

spike lee did a fine job with the script aswell, always kept it on the edge of your seat dialogue

Wu-Tang 9
11-07-2005, 08:28 AM
yea man i loved hat movie...Ray Allen is my fav B ball player of all time...He did a good job w/ those 2 white chicks...lol

G.O.D.PT3
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Classic Spike Joint

Frank Drebin
11-07-2005, 09:23 PM
yeah i really liked this movie tied with above the rim for me as fav basketball movie