PDA

View Full Version : When You Met Her.

Strange Fruit
11-06-2005, 03:21 AM
Ok heads, when did you meet hip hop?

did you fall in love instantly or did it take you a while...

tell me about your first years with her...

what did she change about how you see life?

1ne

Sifu Dragon
11-06-2005, 02:21 PM
eerrr i started likin it since what 8 or 9 but weren't in to it as much as now, i got really into hip hop about 2 years ago

in da first years i was just listenin to it on da radio or watchin music vids on tv that's it, i'd just listen to hip hop randomly when it's on

Oztradamus
11-06-2005, 02:47 PM
I still remember the day when I first met her, back in 88. I was only a 7 year old snot nose kid in the hood.. I remember it was nice that day, sky was blue and it was windy.. I went out to play with my older cousin, who is 5 years my major.. We went out to hang with his friend Victor who had a little tape recorder thingy.. I heard this magical music coming out of it LOL.. It was N.W.A's FUCK THE POLICE... It was love at first listen, I remember laughing non-stop, because of the swear words.. FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK THE POLICE!!! The beat was hypnotic to me... If it wasn't for Hip-Hop, I wouldn't be typing this here today, In this forum.. Hip-Hop helped mold my views of the world. I don't know where all of us would be today, how would our point of views be without Hip-Hop..

MaShPG
11-06-2005, 04:19 PM
I remember when I was like 10 going to sleep away camp. The year was like '99 I brought my Rap music with me, Nelly, Big Tymers, Puff Daddy, etc. Then I signed up for a Hip Hop camptivity (one hour activity every day) at camp thinking we'd listen to the radio and discuss Rims, Bitches, and Bling Bling. The counselors running the camptivity played me "I Used To Love H.E.R." I fell in love instantly. I asked my counselors to compile a list of Hip Hop CDs I should get when I get home. They did, and I built on it from there. The rest is history. Hip Hop you the love of my life!

Murdah Piff
11-06-2005, 04:52 PM
i was an innocent kid back then i used to play with my friends on the block and evertime there was the big OGs blastin beats outta their whip in front of my building, i remember some wu-tang and mobb deep cant remember what else BUT the first time i got cable in my life around 96, i saw the vid of iam feat. sunz of man and royal fam - la saga, i was like yo hip hop is the truth i was about 7-8

snapple
11-06-2005, 04:58 PM
95 was the year. it took me a while because i was young then, it was just for entertainment purposes, i didn't "fall in love" till the late 90s. it's motivated me and made me a much more open-minded person for sure. ive met a lot of great people through hiphop and have had many amazing times because of it.

Mega Matt
11-06-2005, 09:47 PM
i started gettin into it cause of skateboarding....in all the skate vids and shit, all the people who i thought had tight styles and shit used hip-hop music in their parts, so it just went on from there.

Strange Fruit
11-09-2005, 11:52 AM
tight... tight...

i met her when i was 9. my dad thought he was real cool and introduced me to her sons Run DMC, KRS1.... and so on and so forth... then i got to know her better by myself and she instantly became a hero... saved me from a lotta bullshit.

her funeral was the saddest time of my life...
sometimes i wish i could resurrect her... but where to begin, i do not know...

brahma
11-09-2005, 02:11 PM
it was back in 88-89 -- she was sooo nasty and i was just startin to explode my body ....hahaha

her name was 2live crew and she gave it to me raw.. we jerked alot and til hammer came and said you canīt touch this it was just a great relation....

but i wish i never met her. she is a hoe and will always be. i def hate her much and she belongs into prison for lifetimes....

THE W
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
east 1999 and bloods and crips: bangin on wax were the first tapes i bought. i didnt really start to get into hiphop until i listened to cuban linx.

rev.terry
11-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I got into some punk shit, then got into KRS one and public enemy. then i stoped lieing to myself and relized it.

stak84
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
all i got to say is im glad that i listened to linkin park, before the reanimation album i never really listened to hip hop and lickily on that cd they had an allstar lineup, pharoah monch, planet asia, aceyalone, motion man and chali 2na, didnt even have to drudge through all the crap before i knew what good hip hop was

ol dirty abbot
11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
like 1989 i think red hed kingpin then public enemy

burninskald
11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
kind of a silly story, but back thanksgiving 97 i was only a snot nosed 14 y/o, just turned 14 really. went with my folks and sisters to longview texas to meet up with my cousins. they took me out, and my one cousin's boyfriend would drive, he had "doggystyle" and i fucking loved that shit. i got my first drank and smoke on that vacation too, so i was a happy dude. once i got a car i was driving around blasting that shit, learned every lyric on the album and yelled that shit driving around drunk and smoking.

that was a long time ago tho, and it turned out that was more of a puppy love thing. i really really fell in love with her around 99, when j5 dropped quality control, i picked up on the roots things fall apart, then slide backwards in time and discovered biggie, nas, the wu, de la, tribe. its funny tho, other than the roots and j5 i dont really dig that hippy/daisy rap anymore. not that i like all the mainstream bling king crap either. i just bump classics.

anyone peep edan's "the beauty and the beat"? if ur thinking ur love with the woman is failing, grab this album. rejuvenation!

SilvaFistz
11-10-2005, 03:08 PM
i'll say since i was 4 yrs old. i have vinyl dat i asked my dad to get for me that had run dmc's hard times and since i'v been in love with it

Wu-Tang 9
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
lol...I Used To Love H.E.R.-Common......thats when i fell in love with HIPHOP

Aqueous Moon
11-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I was born knowing this music.

I grew up on it...always was in my heart.

soul controller
11-12-2005, 06:58 AM
nice topic

i met her in 88 - 89 when nwa was kickin ass, at the time i was like cool they swear etc.. but over the nex few weeks, i listened to the lyrics and they well.. what can i say.. made mah adrenaline hyper.. and i could feel some good positive ish cumin out... then i got into afrika bambata .tribe. sadat x etc and shit was class. i love hiphop as. it i keep learning and learning,
no to mention the visual imagery made in mah head with the sick ass lines

peace

Ironlungz
11-12-2005, 07:19 AM
since 36 chambers and tical i been spinnin it, but i was more into other music till da rockwilder and ante up with busta on it hit my ear.... that's when i can talk bout love...

psyenz
11-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I really got into it 15 years back as a 10 year old through my cousin, who was mad for Public Enemy. Thought the 2nd record I ever got, well before that was De La Soul's 'Saturday'.
Good thread by the way.

Revolution
11-12-2005, 05:45 PM
First off, you're all lames, ESPECIALLY thread starter, for referring to Hip-Hop as "her". You act like Hip-Hop is your fuckin wife or something. Pathetic.

All you white boys just started listenting to it but I've always loved this music.

Bedlam
11-12-2005, 06:20 PM
^ So Common and Cormega are gay for referring to hip hop as a female? I Used to Love H.E.R., ever heard it? American Beauty?

WuTangWarrior
11-12-2005, 06:24 PM
lol, what a dumbass

Revolution
11-12-2005, 06:30 PM
^ So Common and Cormega are gay for referring to hip hop as a female? I Used to Love H.E.R., ever heard it? American Beauty? Yes, I've heard those songs. They are rappers, they can use the term "her" to refer to Hip-Hop because it's done in a creative way and tells a story. It should stay on wax and no one else has the excuse to do otherwise

hectis
11-12-2005, 06:53 PM
So What Makes A Rapper? Millions Come Out With Albums I Mean Shit Any One Can Flow Over 10 Beats Record It On The Computer Or Whatever And Since When Did U Make The RuleS OF HIP HOP GETTING MAD CUZ SOME ONE CALLED HIP HOP A HER
UR SO FUCKEN LAME WHUT U MAD FOR WANNA BE THUG NEEDS A HUG

PS SAY WHUT U WANT BACK UR TO LAME FOR ME 99% OF EVERYONE ON WU TANG CORP THINKS UR LAME UR NOT WORTH A COMEBACK

Revolution
11-12-2005, 11:13 PM
So What Makes A Rapper? Millions Come Out With Albums I Mean Shit Any One Can Flow Over 10 Beats Record It On The Computer Or Whatever And Since When Did U Make The RuleS OF HIP HOP GETTING MAD CUZ SOME ONE CALLED HIP HOP A HER
UR SO FUCKEN LAME WHUT U MAD FOR WANNA BE THUG NEEDS A HUG

PS SAY WHUT U WANT BACK UR TO LAME FOR ME 99% OF EVERYONE ON WU TANG CORP THINKS UR LAME UR NOT WORTH A COMEBACK Was that just not a comeback? Or just a comeback that was unworthy?

hectis
11-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Yo Revolution I Was Going To Let U Pass But Nope Cuz After Whut U Put In The R.I.P. O.D.B.THRED U Fucked Up Homo Why U Mad At Wu What Did They Use To Kick Ur
Ass On The Block Did Ghost Take Ur Lunch Money In School Was The Chick O.D.B. Talken About In The Intro On Return Of 36 Chambers Ur Mom Are U The Writer They Say Masta Killa Punched In The Face Did U Cacth Cappadonna And 9th Prince Running A Train On Ur Mom Then They Whiped Ur Ass And Made U Wacth Are U Mad
Cuz Ur Heros Nelly And Bow Wow Are Not Real Mcs Like The Wu Are U Mad Cuz There Not Gay Like U Oh Thats Why U Got Mad At This Thread U Don't Fuck Hers
Only Hims Oh Is It Cuz Ur Relly An Uncle Tom Who Does Not Like To See Black And
Latino People Make It U Have Been Shitted On So Much By Allmost Everyone On Wu Tang Corp U Should Change Ur Name To Toiletlution

P.s I Have Sunnd U So Many Times On Wu Tang Corp Ur Mom Is Takeing Me On The
Maury Show For Dna Test Cuz She Now Thinks I Might Be Ur Father!

AndAnotherOne
11-14-2005, 12:28 AM
10 years ago.

http://www.psxzone.opalnet.pl/Download/luniz.mp3

hectis
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
10 years ago.

http://www.psxzone.opalnet.pl/Download/luniz.mp3
IT DOSE NOT WORK WHAT IS IT?

AndAnotherOne
11-14-2005, 12:39 AM
It's a song hectis... (Luniz - I Got 5 On It)

hectis
11-14-2005, 12:42 AM
It's a song hectis... (Luniz - I Got 5 On It)
YEAH I REMEMBER THAT SONG I REMEMBER WHEN WE WERE KIDS AND WE WOULD PUT MONEY
TOGETHER TO GET A BAG OF WEED AND EVERYONE WOULD SING THAT SONG

AndAnotherOne
11-14-2005, 12:50 AM
:)

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
11-14-2005, 01:36 AM
very good topic............

well eye guess my affection for the culture started around 79-80 when eye first heard a Cold Crush Tape(damn those were the days), and my affection grew thruout the eighties up into the Golden Age(so much creativity at that time plus eye was overseas so Hip Hop was the only thing that was Universal...they love this culture overseas). Now eye have to hunt and search for good music these days cause there are so many frauds that are so called reppin the art but those in the know know who is true to the culture...

Thank you.....

Rakim
Kane
Gangstarr
The Juice Crew
KRS One and BDP
Run DMC(R.I.P. JMJ)
Public Enemy
The Original Native Toungues(De La, Jungle Bros., Tribe, Latifah, Monie Love, Black Sheep)
Stetstasonic
Beastie Boys
The Bomb Squad
Heavy D And The Boyz
M.C. Lyte
Audio Two
Nice And Smooth
Treacherous Three
Cold Crush 4
Fantastic 5 MC's
Funky 4 + 1
Crash Crew
Grandmaster Flash And The Furious 5
Shotgun Rammelzee
Double Trouble
Busy Bee
Ice-T
Shinehead
Black Thought And The Roots
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Jean Grae
Immortal Technique
Nas
The Fugees
Redman
EPMD
Whodini
Jazzy Jeff
The X-Ecutioners
Invisible Scratch Pickles
Dialated Peoples
The Likwit Crew
Ras Kass
Brand Nubian
Poor Righteous Teachers
King Sun
Lakim Shabazz
The Whole Original Flavor Unit
Digable Planets

and of course the Wu..........

there are some eye am sure eye left out but these are just a few of my favorites

Protection
11-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Around '92 when my older brother brought home a Kriss Kross tape. I didn't like that shit much. Wasn't til '95 when I got into this hiphop thing.

hectis
11-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Around 91 Is When I Ment Her I Use To Hear My Bro Playing HIS Tapes But
I Did Not Fall In Love Until 93 We Have Been Together Ever Since She
Still Sings Music In My Ear And AND I LISTIN TO WHUT EVER SHE SAYS We Are Very Happy Together

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
11-14-2005, 09:01 AM
NAKHI! Hope everything is going good with you

yea just popped in for old times sake.....lol

Bungle
11-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey You (The Rock Steady Crew) - Rock Steady Crew

i was like 5 or 6 or sumthin, it was early 80's, i saw this song on tv and i was mesmerized by it, then a couple years later, i saw Beastie Boys & Run DMC etc, and i was liking it, then in '88 i heard By All Means Neccesary by B.D.P., and i was hooked on hip hop, and thats when i decided i wanted to be an mc and make hip hop music. loved hip hop ever since.

Iron Man
11-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Actually i was born with hip hop, i was born in 89 but i have much older brothers who all were in to hip hop so they taught me everything about REAL and intelligent hip hop suck of the likes of De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Kool Moe Dee, LL Cool J, and of cousre the legendary MC's KRS One of BDP and Public Enemy, Run DMC and my favorite simple rapstar Guru (og Gangster)

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-14-2005, 10:02 AM
when i first met her is when i first heard cypress hill and run dmc's down with the king
then i went back and really fell in wit her then i heard nas and wu tang come out
i was in love wit her been engaged wit her for 15yrs

Revolution
11-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Yo Revolution I Was Going To Let U Pass But Nope Cuz After Whut U Put In The R.I.P. O.D.B.THRED U Fucked Up Homo Why U Mad At Wu What Did They Use To Kick Ur
Ass On The Block Did Ghost Take Ur Lunch Money In School Was The Chick O.D.B. Talken About In The Intro On Return Of 36 Chambers Ur Mom Are U The Writer They Say Masta Killa Punched In The Face Did U Cacth Cappadonna And 9th Prince Running A Train On Ur Mom Then They Whiped Ur Ass And Made U Wacth Are U Mad
Cuz Ur Heros Nelly And Bow Wow Are Not Real Mcs Like The Wu Are U Mad Cuz There Not Gay Like U Oh Thats Why U Got Mad At This Thread U Don't Fuck Hers
Only Hims Oh Is It Cuz Ur Relly An Uncle Tom Who Does Not Like To See Black And
Latino People Make It U Have Been Shitted On So Much By Allmost Everyone On Wu Tang Corp U Should Change Ur Name To Toiletlution

P.s I Have Sunnd U So Many Times On Wu Tang Corp Ur Mom Is Takeing Me On The
Maury Show For Dna Test Cuz She Now Thinks I Might Be Ur Father!
1. O.D.B. actually DID overdose, which is why he should from now on be known as the Over Dosin Bastard.
2. The Wu wouldn't kick anyone's ass, with the exception of Rae, Ghost, and Masta
3. No, but Ghost probably did that to other kids to get money since he didn't have any back then nor does he have any now
4. I believe O.D.B. was actually talking about his dog but was so coked up he thought it resembled a woman
5. The only thing Masta Killa punches is holes for food stamps
6. Wierd how I never heard about the Cappadonna & 9th Prince threesome, let alone 9th Prince. Why do you have to take your fantasies out on other men? I know you want them to stick it to you but this isn't the way to react to sonnings.
7. No, actually. Nelly, Bow Wow, and 7/9 of the Wu are not real MC's, the exceptions being Deck and GZA.
8. Why would I care about the Wu's sexuality? They make music, nothing more, nothing less. It's funny how you seem so fixated on homosexuality. Are you gay yourself? Don't try to get at me, queer.
9. I'm Latino, why would I care what some nigger like you thinks?
10. I'm still here, kid. Sorry I don't post or jack off to 'Liquid Swords' 24/7.
11. Now you stoop even lower and make your third momma joke. We're not in elementary school, but you still have the state of mind, sadly.
12. THAT was how to son/daughter someone.

hectis
11-15-2005, 05:41 PM
1. O.D.B. actually DID overdose, which is why he should from now on be known as the Over Dosin Bastard.
2. The Wu wouldn't kick anyone's ass, with the exception of Rae, Ghost, and Masta
3. No, but Ghost probably did that to other kids to get money since he didn't have any back then nor does he have any now
4. I believe O.D.B. was actually talking about his dog but was so coked up he thought it resembled a woman
5. The only thing Masta Killa punches is holes for food stamps
6. Wierd how I never heard about the Cappadonna & 9th Prince threesome, let alone 9th Prince. Why do you have to take your fantasies out on other men? I know you want them to stick it to you but this isn't the way to react to sonnings.
7. No, actually. Nelly, Bow Wow, and 7/9 of the Wu are not real MC's, the exceptions being Deck and GZA.
8. Why would I care about the Wu's sexuality? They make music, nothing more, nothing less. It's funny how you seem so fixated on homosexuality. Are you gay yourself? Don't try to get at me, queer.
9. I'm Latino, why would I care what some cracka like you thinks? I think blacks and Latinos SHOULD stay together and go against the white man.
10. I'm still here, kid. Sorry I don't post or jack off to 'Liquid Swords' 24/7.
11. Now you stoop even lower and make your third momma joke. We're not in elementary school, but you still have the state of mind, sadly.
12. THAT was how to son/daughter someone.
LAME I MEAN U CAN COME BETTER THAN THAT BULLSHIT EVERYONE LISTIN THIS WACK HOMO
NEEDS UR HELP EVERY COMEBACK HE EVER MAKES IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WACK
HELP HIM OUT TEACH HIM HOW NOT TO BE WACK IF THEY TOOK A POLL U WOULD WIN AT
BEING THE WACKIST PERSON ON WU TANG CORP

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-15-2005, 06:13 PM
No, actually. Nelly, Bow Wow, and 7/9 of the Wu are not real MC's, the exceptions being Deck and GZA.If you think that then what are you doing on posting on a wu-tang forum? I aint hating or dissing you, its just........ whats the point of you taking the time to post here?

Revolution
11-15-2005, 11:51 PM
LAME I MEAN U CAN COME BETTER THAN THAT BULLSHIT EVERYONE LISTIN THIS WACK HOMO
NEEDS UR HELP EVERY COMEBACK HE EVER MAKES IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WACK
HELP HIM OUT TEACH HIM HOW NOT TO BE WACK IF THEY TOOK A POLL U WOULD WIN AT
BEING THE WACKIST PERSON ON WU TANG CORPSo where is your 'comeback'? Quit it with the elementary shit, nigger, I'm grown.
If you think that then what are you doing on posting on a wu-tang forum? I aint hating or dissing you, its just........ whats the point of you taking the time to post here?I think Deck and GZA are the true MC's of the Wu, maybe Method and Ghost also. The rest are rappers. You know what I mean?

hectis
11-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Honesty I Am Getting Bored With This I Mean It Is Just A Wast Of My Time U Don't Feel The Wu Than Thats Just U It Dose Not Matter To Me So I Am Done With The Kids Game
I Have More Importent Things To Talk About

Peace

Bloo
11-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Well damnit, I'ma get this damn thread back on track!!!

When did I first meet hip-hop. It was back in '88, I was 9 or maybe 8. Starin at a china plate, my dad said he'd buy it if it breaks.

Wait, that was someone else...

But for real, I was about 8. My mom's friend had left some tapes over at my house that he didn't want anymore. And the two tapes that stood out to me were DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. So yeah, my intro into hip-hop was Will Smith :)

He had left me He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper, and Rock the House. I didn't get into Rock the house as much as He's the DJ. I popped that tape in and I was just blown away by Nightmare on my Street. That beat was tight with the Nightmare on Elm Street sample. I played it for one of my friends when he spent the night and he begged me to let him borrow the tape. His parents got mad at me though for giving it to him cause he was telling them that the song was giving him nightmares. Stupid 8 year olds..

But yeah, Those tapes held me down until I got my next tape. The Fu Schnickens :)