PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead Comics

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
SPOLIERS!!! SPOILERS!!! This is for those who have read the comics. I'd like to discuss the differences, where the season is going, plot changes, character introductions and so on.

I know Pan has read the comics but to what point?

I've finished the most recent.

Discuss...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!.....................

DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU CHERISH THE SURPRISES TO COME IN SEASON 3......

Do you think Michonne will be raped in the midseason finally?

Art Vandelay
11-30-2012, 10:27 AM
can a mod please merge this with the other walking dead thread?

thank you,

Art

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Hahahahah No way I dont wanna spoil shit for the others that havent read the comics.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Has anyone read the comics?

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I've only read the first Compendium, which is the first 48 issues and that's basically up to where they leave the prison after their conflict with the Governor.

I'm glad they finally brought Tyrese, the Governor and Michonne into the series...I'm behind on the series too, though...what I've seen of season 2 killed my enthusiasm for it

CuzinBilly
12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
season 2 too was long. season 3 is peace i enjoyed it. i don't read the comic though

tajeco
12-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Please DO NOT merge this with the show thread.

I'm totally caught up on the comic book. Waiting for #105 Wednesday. I keep telling people that if they like the show, they should definitely check out he comic book. Compendium 1 (issues #1-48) and Compendium 2 (issues #49-96) are at a great price on amazon.

SPOILERS if not up to issue #104, and Season 3 mid-season finale
I like the differences between the show and comic book, keeps it interesting and suspenseful. It would kinda suck if every week the comic book readers would spoil the show for others. Kirkman said he might've kept Shane around longer in the comic books if he knew it would go on this long. I was surprised Sophia didn't last in the show. Daryl's a good addition, wonder if he'll show up in the book. Tyrese on the show is a good add, crazy what happens to his daughter and her bf in book, and then to Tyrese.
I thought Michonne would get raped, or Maggie. Andrea better wake up to the Gov's lies.
What did you think about issue #100? The crazy thing is, it could have been sooo much worse. Negan and his guys could have brutalized them all a lot worse than what they did, which still gives me the heebiejeebies when I think about it.

Did you read either novel? TWD: Rise of Governor or TWD: Road to Woodbury. I thought they were pretty good.

Day By Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne is a great zombie book.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Just downloaded the TWD: Rise of the Governor. Will be reading soon.

SPOILERS!!

Yeah I didnt think the rape scene was gonna happen too intense for TV I think. I was hoping she would scoop out his eye ball but oh well I guess glass to the eye is good too.

I LIKE THE DIFFERENCES AND ADDED CHARACTERS, It keeps me guessing. I wonder if Tyrese will have the gym scene? The way the season is going they may have Tyrese around for a long time. It all depends on what will happen to Darryl and Merle. And how the fuck is Andrea just standing there in the mid season jerk off finally? She better do something.

Yeah the way Tyrese daughter dies was disasterous and the boyfriend dying was kinda funny.

Negan is fucking crazy. THE BASEBALL BAT SCENE caught me by surprise. Then Carl sneaking in and going berzerk was even crazier.

tajeco
12-12-2012, 10:43 PM
NO SPOILERS
You read #105 yet? I just read it today.

tajeco
12-12-2012, 10:47 PM
The gym scene with Tyrese and Michonne? Or when they locked him in (or was it the cafeteria) thinking he was dead, but he killed all the zombies in there? Both were good scenes, especially since Carol saw him and Michonne

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah when they locked him in there and thought he was dead.

Im going to read 105 tonight.

SickT
12-16-2012, 08:19 AM
i like both the show & the comic, but i hate what they did to andrea on the show. she's propably my favourite character in the comics, but in the show she's fucking useless. and the next season better have negan in it. he's fucking BADASS

tajeco
12-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Im going to read 105 tonight.

Well?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-16-2012, 03:27 PM
I wonder what he has in store for Carl?

The way he trotted him around seemed strange but this guy Negan looks at a bigger picture. Im wondering what happened to the scout that went out and followed the burnt face guy, was captured and escaped once he new where Negans camp is located, What about the Iron? Bwahahahaahahahah! Fuck that was brutal.

tajeco
12-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Crazy he didn't do that to the girl, but to her husband. Scary to think what Negan will do to Carl, I think he likes him, hopefully in a good way, and not perverted or anything.

tajeco
12-16-2012, 03:44 PM
i like both the show & the comic, but i hate what they did to andrea on the show. she's propably my favourite character in the comics, but in the show she's fucking useless. and the next season better have negan in it. he's fucking BADASS

Are you caught up to issue #105? I don't want to spoil anything for you.

Andrea is my favorite in the comic book too, not the show though. I liked her last season more. I started collecting the individual issues at #91 with her on the cover.

Have you guys read The Walking Dead Survivors' Guide? It's basically a character reference guide to everyone up until issue #84, and who they're associated with, and how they die

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Crazy he didn't do that to the girl, but to her husband. Scary to think what Negan will do to Carl, I think he likes him, hopefully in a good way, and not perverted or anything.

I wonder how Negans relationship with Carl will affect Rick. I bet he's going to do something to Rick's group. I know he said Carl owed him for killing those men and having him sing was strange but Negan wants more.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Having read the survivors guide.

Any PDFs out there?

tajeco
01-03-2013, 03:16 AM
I don't know about pdfs.

TWD Chronicles is good. It's the official companion book of season 1 and issues #1-84. Good info about Frank Darabont turning the comic book into a show. He's the guy who made movies of Stephen King's Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and The Mist.

Also the (unauthorized) Triumph of the Walking Dead, that talks about the success of the show and comic book, in the form of essays written by different people, one of which is Jay Bonansinga who co-wrote the novels with Kirkman.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Nice^

I just finished the last comic where Rick tells Negan, "Did you bring a bat to a pistol match?" or something like that. I'm excited to see what happens.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-19-2013, 09:25 AM
What a fucking tease. I like the pacing of the last comic but damn. Nothing has happened.

tajeco
09-05-2013, 03:48 AM
I guess a war's about to happen. Don't know how Rick will get out of his current mess.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah. I know Jesus is on his way.

tajeco
12-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Have you been reading "All Out War"? Took a while to get going.

The last few episodes of the show were great I thought. I'm glad it's different enough from the book that's it's not predictable.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
12-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Yes. Too bad for Ezekials Tiger LOL.

I like the fact the series and comic are different enough to keep us guessing but I knew Herschel was gonna get his head chopped.

tajeco
02-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Zombified Hershel head

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
02-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Hahaha indeed!

tajeco
05-20-2014, 12:28 AM
Show (SPOILERS)
The last few episodes of the show were crazy. That scene with Rick under the bed was suspenseful, like in the movie Misery when Paul Sheldon gets out of his room.

Beth finally got some screen time, then disappeared.

Terminus is messed up, don't know how they'll get out of that.

Comics
All Out War finally ended. Not sure if it needed 12 issues. At least they were almost every 2 weeks. I read that A New beginning takes place 2 years after the War.