PDA

View Full Version : Mother of the Matrix - A Black Woman

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
I don't know if this has been posted already but I was so happy to find out that this woman will get justice and a lotta money. They stole her work and claimed it as their own. I wonder if it was because she was a BLACK WOMAN ?

"Mother of the Matrix" Victorious

Monday, October 4th 2004 ended a six-year dispute involving Sophia Stewart, the Wachowski Brothers, Joel Silver and Warner Brothers. Stewart's allegations, involving copyright infringement and racketeering, were received and acknowledged by the Central District of California, Judge Margaret Morrow residing.

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood, as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.

Stewart filed her case in 1999, after viewing the Matrix, which she felt had been based on her manuscript, "The Third Eye," copyrighted in 1981. In the mid-eighties Stewart had submitted her manuscript to an ad placed by the Wachowski Brothers, requesting new sci-fi works.

According to court documentation, an FBI investigation discovered that more than thirty minutes had been edited from the original film, in attempt to avoid penalties for copyright infringement. The investigation also stated that "credible witnesses employed at Warner Brothers came forward, claiming that the executives and lawyers had full knowledge that the work in question did not belong to the Wachowski Brothers." These witnesses claimed to have seen Stewart's original work and that it had been "often used during preparation of the motion pictures."
The defendants tried, on several occasions, to have Stewart's case dismissed, without success.

Stewart has confronted skepticism on all sides, much of which comes from Matrix fans, who are strangely loyal to the Wachowski Brothers. One on-line forum, entitled Matrix Explained has an entire section devoted to Stewart. Some who have researched her history and writings are open to her story. Others are suspicious and mocking. "It doesn't bother me," said Stewart in a phone interview last week, "I always knew what was true." Continued... (http://javascript<b></b>:goPage('next');)

http://rds.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Aje2pQxK0M4yVeY2QKoi64dXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE3bG IzNjRzBGNvbG8DZQRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMgRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZAND MjM5XzEwOA--/SIG=13ai9k2b6/EXP=1131469287/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slccglobelink.com%2Fmain.cfm%2F include%2Fdetail%2Fstoryid%2F785067.html

That link looks crazy but I think it works if you want to use it...best I could do
Peace

JASPER
11-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I read it's a hoax... interesting non the less

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 12:24 PM
True Pale Kris, but race is important in this case because it had a lot to do with how she wrote her stories.

And, all of the emphasis that she put on race was taken out of those stories...I don't think that was right.

Race is an important issue to me. Besides, it is what interests me the most.

Peace

How could it be a hoax if she won her case in court?

JASPER
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Some people keep themselfs busy all day with what they are.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
What does that mean Jasper?

This is general talk...don't have to make it about her race just that it was an important fact.

JASPER
11-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I forgot what I was trying to say.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 01:34 PM
lol...good come back

I love when that happens to me at just the right time

sometimes it wont and i'll just say something stupid

oh well...that's just me

JASPER
11-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Nah, I'm just a chattyass drunkaholic. I think I was trying to say some people are thinking all day about being a black/white/other race person instead of seeing it more general and seeing theirselfs as just human. I don't know if that makes any sense, so it probably doesn't.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:22 PM
I feel you , Jasper...I see what you saying.

I was just messing wit you:)

Peace

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Move this thread to KTL please.......Blah Blah Blah.

MaShPG
11-07-2005, 05:53 PM
How could it be a hoax if she won her case in court?
Wow that's a pretty ignorant statement. Ever heard of Mumia Abdul Jamar or Rubin "Hurricane" Carter? Those are the two most famous cases.

Jesus Shootin Heroin
11-07-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't know if this has been posted already but I was so happy to find out that this woman will get justice and a lotta money. They stole her work and claimed it as their own. I wonder if it was because she was a BLACK WOMAN ?Everything bad that ever happens to a black person is because they're black, I thought this was well established?
Ditto women.

I'm a white male so nothing bad ever happens to me.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Lucky Cave Bastard^^^ LMAo

JASPER
11-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm a white male and life gives me nothing but lemons and AIDS and I'm feeling mad thirsty.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 06:26 PM
yeah...what am I talking about being a black woman is so great. I never experience racism!!!

move to KTL please

JASPER
11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I've already infected this thread with my homoerotic repartee. Ha!

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Wow that's a pretty ignorant statement. Ever heard of Mumia Abdul Jamar or Rubin "Hurricane" Carter? Those are the two most famous cases.
What are you talking about?

Those are people who were convicted of a crime...

This woman took the movie industry to court and won...no one has ever done what she did.

That is not ignorance

MaShPG
11-07-2005, 06:33 PM
No, you put all your confidence into the court system, completely dismissing the fact that there could have been a mistake made by our legal system. Which is obviously untrue. There have been many cases where people win when they should've lost (cough, OJ).

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 06:37 PM
No, you put all your confidence into the court system, completely dismissing the fact that there could have been a mistake made by our legal system. Which is obviously untrue. There have been many cases where people win when they should've lost (cough, OJ).

Criminal court is very different than that which handles these kind of cases.

You don't take those kind of big shots to court and win because of a technicality.

She had copyrites. She proved they stole her work for terminator and matrix