PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm vs. Martin

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Peace

These two men are always compared.

Who do you think was more effective with their goals?

Who got it right? Which one got it wrong?

I love Malcolm X...I think he had a more productive, realistic, and balanced view of America.

Peace

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Im gon do ya'll like the battle section do:

VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE...damnit!!

lol

hectis
11-07-2005, 02:04 PM
I love Martin but I voted for Malcolm but both are importent not only to the African community
but to the whole world

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Peace

well said, hectis

Queen Of Poetry
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
I adore them both......but I voted for Malcolm.......I think his attributes say why........

hectis
11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Peace

well said, hectisTHANK U AQUEOUS MOON I ADMIRE U CUZ U ALWAYS COME DEEP
WITH THE WISDOM 9:|6 (http://www.wutangcorp.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Peace QOP,

I agree. (of course...i voted in my own poll...lol)

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Thanks hectis

much respect to you

peace

Wamukota X
11-07-2005, 02:29 PM
I would have to say MLK.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Peace Wamukota X

I am wondering why you think MLK.

This is very interesting...that you would say that.

Wamukota X
11-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Have you read his Birmingham jail letters? MLk wrote these letters near the end of his time on this planet.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
no, I don't think I'm familiar...

can you enlighten me a bit?

Alucard Dracu
11-07-2005, 02:45 PM
i never liked martin all that much, just lay down and get beat the fuck up? what kind of shit is that. if anything martins philsophy is what the powers that be want us to do, keep talking but dont take no action. That way we can delude ourselves into thinking we are doing something.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
i never liked martin all that much, just lay down and get beat the fuck up? what kind of shit is that. if anything martins philsophy is what the powers that be want us to do, keep talking but dont take no action. That way we can delude ourselves into thinking we are doing something.
Peace

That's what I'm talking about!!!

I agree 100%

Prince Rai
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
well malcolm cos his ideals are more realistic

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 02:56 PM
well malcolm cos his ideals are more realistic
Peace

What do you mean by realistic?

I have a hard time seeing him as a realistic thinker...I mean dreamer.

Wamukota X
11-07-2005, 03:01 PM
MLK's perspective evolved into something a lot greater then what we are taught in the school system.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 03:06 PM
i agree malcolm shit was more realistic. i dont think there will ever be a total unity or peace at all between white and black people and thats what martin wanted. now a unity within ourselves to protect ourselvs and govern ourselves and help ourselves is more logical it will just take people to stop being fuckin idiots.
Peace

Well said, Legato...again

Great minds do think a like

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
MLK's perspective evolved into something a lot greater then what we are taught in the school system.
Peace

I willl have to do the 1 on them MLK jail letters.

You are not offering too many details.

GENERAL WISE
11-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Even though I am a Muslim and believe that Malcom X has a very strong view point,
I am going with MLK jr
If Afro-Americans picked Malcom X's way
it would be an insurrection in the middle of the U.S
and Black People would become much like what the Palestinians are portrayed as:
Terrorists

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Even though I am a Muslim and believe that Malcom X has a very strong view point,
I am going with MLK jr
If Afro-Americans picked Malcom X's way
it would be an insurrection in the middle of the U.S
and Black People would become much like what the Palestinians are portrayed as:
Terrorists
Peace

What Malcolm spoke about was far from terrorism. In fact, he was quite non - violent.

He only said that blacks should defend themselves. If you look at his actions and his words you can see a whole picture.

It was like, Im not fucking wit you so, don't fuck wit me. you try to harm me then I will harm you first.

That is self - preservation

Peace

cd
11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
I think there really isn't any argument that MLK actually had more of an impact and was more effective with the civil rights movement. However I prefer Malcolm and think his path in life was much more interesting and could have been greater if not cut short. His learning and metamorphasis thru his life was truly inspiring. Escpecially as he really attained knowledge after his trip to Mecca, which is really what he was killed for unfortunately.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I think there really isn't any argument that MLK actually had more of an impact and was more effective with the civil rights movement. However I prefer Malcolm and think his path in life was much more interesting and could have been greater if not cut short. His learning and metamorphasis thru his life was truly inspiring. Escpecially as he really attained knowledge after his trip to Mecca, which is really what he was killed for unfortunately.
Peace

Malcolm X was against the civil rights movement...he was about seperation from America, democracy, and capitalism.

He didn't want to segregate with the people who didn't wnat him there. Which was the south and most of the north.

Malcolm X was a victim Cointelpro. The CIA was all over him. They were conspiring to get him killed from day one. I can post some interesting info about the CIA and the Nation of Islam...including Malcolm X.

They released the FBI / CIA files. It's on the net.

ARCHRIVAL
11-07-2005, 05:19 PM
martin, because i think he was more effective.

Visionz
11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
if anything martins philsophy is what the powers that be want us to do, keep talking but dont take no action I have to say that non-violence does not automatically equate w/ non-action. MLK didn't rally the hundreds of thousands by sitting on his ass. I'm gonna drop some in-depth knowledge for yall later,(I really don't have the time right now) to give you a perspective of where he was coming from. I think it's wise to have an educated oppinion if you're gonna have one at all. That's not an attack on anyone I just wonder how it's possible to be so oppinionated of a person's action if you're relying on the shit taught in school during Black history month. How can you trust it when the rest is European history year, nawmean.
With that being said I think that both men should be highly regarded and their life's work intensely studied. They both have and had a lot of knowledge to share w/ the world that would do our children and in turn the world alot of good to really grasp. When dealing in conversations such as these, I think there's a tendency to attach the lable of right and wrong. I simply don't think that would be the correct terminology when dealing w/ either man. Both were charismatic, intelligent human beings who where true to their own convictions. There is a lot to be learned from both and neither one should be so quiclkly disregarded. peace

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Peace
I re - read your post and I see what you are saying...yes, he was more of a threat after he came from Mecca.

That would be an even better reason for the CIA/FBI to want him dead.

Peace

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I have to say that non-violence does not automatically equate w/ non-action. MLK didn't rally the hundreds of thousands by sitting on his ass. I'm gonna drop some in-depth knowledge for yall later,(I really don't have the time right now) to give you a perspective of where he was coming from. I think it's wise to have an educated oppinion if you're gonna have one at all. That's not an attack on anyone I just wonder how it's possible to be so oppinionated of a person's action if you're relying on the shit taught in school during Black history month. How can you trust it when the rest is European history year, nawmean.
With that being said I think that both men should be highly regarded and their life's work intensely studied. They both have and had a lot of knowledge to share w/ the world that would do our children and in turn the world alot of good to really grasp. When dealing in conversations such as these, I think there's a tendency to attach the lable of right and wrong. I simply don't think that would be the correct terminology when dealing w/ either man. Both were charismatic, intelligent human beings who where true to their own convictions. There is a lot to be learned from both and neither one should be so quiclkly disregarded. peace
Peace

I see what you are saying. But, I asked for opinions when I posted this thread.

Yes, facts are absolutely necessary when trying to teach someone something.

That is not what I wanted to do...I wanted to discuss what I think and what you may be thinking.

You make a good point when you say that neither of them should be labled as right or wrong, but is it acceptable to ask who had the better/greater/more realistic vision for blacks in America?

Peace

cd
11-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Peace
I re - read your post and I see what you are saying...yes, he was more of a threat after he came from Mecca.

That would be an even better reason for the CIA/FBI to want him dead.

Peace
Uh no...his own people did. farrakhan admitted he had a hand in it. He was killed bc he came back and rejected dear Elijah's hypocracy and realized that it wasnt about color......

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 06:00 PM
WOW...now that is some shit you gotta show me.

I have never heard that Farrakhan admitted that....very interesting

Peace

JASPER
11-07-2005, 06:06 PM
I vote Eddie Murhpy.

cd
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/05/10/60minutes/main194051.shtml

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Very good link, cd

All I'm trying to say is that the government was conspiring against the Nation of Islam.

It is sad that black men had to be the ones to kill him...how do we know that they were not seent by the CIA/FBI?

Damn...At least Farrakhan admitted his wrong doings. It was a very emotional time back then, I guess.

Malcolm x would have went on to do great things....

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 06:34 PM
^ the FBI/CIA did have agents posing as afro american Muslims, they wanted 2 know they're every move because at the time, no one had seen an uprising in Afro Americans b4. No, he wasn't killed by the CIA, he def. was killed by his own people, Farahkan was afraid Malcolm would expose him 4 what he truly was since the public listened 2 Malcolm so much. Very influencial induvidual, makes me wonder what he would have accomplished if he was still alive
Peace

Farrakhan didn't admit to ordering his murder...he said he added to the atmosphere with his speech.

How do you really know for sure that the government didn't put some black fool up to it?

MaShPG
11-07-2005, 06:39 PM
i'll go with malcolm, i like his idea better, that turn the other cheek is bullshit.

But maybe if Martin wrote an autobiography my opinon on him would be different.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Peace

I see where you at kris...yo, whoever killed him was a devil 4 real

snapple
11-07-2005, 07:32 PM
malcolm x vs MLK.....are you guys fucking kidding me....wow i'm not even gonna start i'll get way too heated yall are some dumb mother fuckers.

Aqueous Moon
11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
If you not gonna start then SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

MaShPG
11-07-2005, 07:37 PM
enlighten us then brotha. you can't just hop on the internet call us dumbasses when we're trying to have a discussion and leave no explanation.

hectis
11-07-2005, 07:38 PM
malcolm x vs MLK.....are you guys fucking kidding me....wow i'm not even gonna start i'll get way too heated yall are some dumb mother fuckers.
why are we dumb for? this is a good topic props to AQUEOUS MOON for it

snapple
11-07-2005, 07:40 PM
"why are we dumb for" i think that statement answers you question.

you're dumb because without malcolm MLK would be nothing, without MLK, malcolm would be nothing. without good there is no evil, without black no white. one of them isn't better then the other one...they both had the same cause, and both needed eachother for any civil rights movement to work.

MaShPG
11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
no...we're (well at least i'm) discussing which philosophy is greater, martin's or malcolm's.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-07-2005, 10:11 PM
peace.

let the truth be told, Malcom and MLK were both needed and both contributed greatly to the struggle., so in all reality..both men and their specific ideologies should be respected point blank. ALL PIECES TO THE PUZZLE.

Now my personal opinion, I'm more of a fan of Malcolm. There are some reasons as to why I'm more a Malcolm person than MLK...some logical..some emotional.

MLK stressed being human, and treating others like humans..as humans should., which is only....hmm..humane..and logical.

Malcolm X, was ill because....he didn't just preach to you, and give you the human talk..and tell you that the government was wrong, which is fine..and necessary.., BUT he'd EDUCATE YOU AS WELL. And..being Black, and peeping when other "minorities" become motivated..it seems as if it is a response to some sort of education that relates to "self." Education and history..seem to be the KEYS to unlock unlimited potential for (ab)original and indigenous people here in america for some reason, just my personal opinion.

On top of all of all that, it can argued that Malcolm X was possibly one of the best orators of his century. Have you ever listened to one of his speeches? He was also one of the most powerful men as well.....Black Messiah like.

with that being said...fuck the COINTELPRO.

but to....favor one over the other...is to demean each of them.., both of them are truly amazing.
Perhaps, the focus should be on what they ACCOMPLISHED.

PEACE

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

MaShPG
11-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I agree. I read the Autobiography when I was in 7th grade, and I'm rereading it again now. Amazing book and person. Subliminal-do you happen to have any of his speeches you would be willing to upload? That would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-07-2005, 10:44 PM
peace,

I sure do...,

They are long, but I will see what I can do.., I will put up a link if I can upload it. If not....send me a message...and I will email it to you.

PEACE

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

Visionz
11-07-2005, 11:56 PM
but to....favor one over the other...is to demean each of them.., both of them are truly amazing.
Perhaps, the focus should be on what they ACCOMPLISHED.

well said homie

Aqueous Moon
11-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Peace

I am glad that a lot of you have reverance for MLK.

As, for me...well, I sincerely despise his politics. I hate the fact that he went through so much effort to intergrate America.

I feel it left black people sitting ducks for extreme domination. If that civil rights movement was truly sincere it would have moved us out of this house, this haunted land called America.

Now, this generation and those who come after it are left with the so - called civil rights movements unfinished business.

MLK accomplished complacency. And he did it very well. Most people are now so happy to be able to sit in front on a bus and eat at a restaraunt and sleep at a stank hotel and go to they mind numbing so-called schools that you have to actually "convince" them that blacks are still second class citizens.

Well, I've said my piece on that...thats my opinion.

Peace

Born Ruler I
11-08-2005, 12:27 PM
The problem wasn't with Dr. King, or even integration itself... although integration is problematic because of the method of implementation- no Black people had any say into how it would happen.

So we gave up land that we owned. We started abandoning Black institutions because the funding was still lacking.

When we moved, white people moved away, taking the tax base with them, because they had more wealth and better jobs.

So, in the end, Black people relocated, but own less and do not control local politics or economies. Thus, we are more segregated now than ever, and have even less economic power because we gave up what we owned and have not been proper caretakers of Black institutions.

Itegration as a theory was fine. Everyone SHOULD be able to go where they please as free human beings, but that doesn't mean the grass should be presented as being greener on the other side.

Separate=unequal because Black people did not have time to build the economic clout and infrastructure to support Black institutions.

Black people coudn't even participate in the NYSE until 1974.

One

Aqueous Moon
11-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Peace

Damn!, Born...Well said again.

I like how you break down the loss and undevelopement of Black economic power and institutions.

Keep dropping the 1

Peace

"Masta-Mind"
11-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Malcolm because he is my brother. I guess u could compare MLK to Malcolm in his early years but after his Hajj, he was completely different.

In the end MLK was pushing 4 black civil right in usa
and
Maleek (malcolm) was preeching La illaha ilalah Muhammadar - rasululah (There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH and Muhammad is his messenger)
This is called kalimah tayibah

Visionz
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I am glad that a lot of you have reverance for MLK.

As, for me...well, I sincerely despise his politics. I hate the fact that he went through so much effort to intergrate America.

I feel it left black people sitting ducks for extreme domination. If that civil rights movement was truly sincere it would have moved us out of this house, this haunted land called America.

Now, this generation and those who come after it are left with the so - called civil rights movements unfinished business.

MLK accomplished complacency. And he did it very well. Most people are now so happy to be able to sit in front on a bus and eat at a restaraunt and sleep at a stank hotel and go to they mind numbing so-called schools that you have to actually "convince" them that blacks are still second class citizens. Are you saying that his civil rights movement was insincere? That's a pretty crazy statement if you are. Do you think that Martin wasn't trying to improve conditions for all of society. I think you should study up on his politics before you denounce them cause I'm really getting the feeling that you don't know all that much about him.

"In the final analysis if first-class citizenship is to become a reality for {Blacks} he must assume the primary responsibility for making it so. {Blacks} must not be victimized wth the delusion of thinking that others should be more concerned than himself about his citizenship rights"----MLK Jr.

When you read that what is your reaction to what he is saying? What do you mean when you say the goal should have been to leave America? Does running from a problem make it go away? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying but it doesn't seem like you've really thought your statement out before you said em. Get back to me cause I really would like to continue this dialouge. peace

Aqueous Moon
11-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Are you saying that his civil rights movement was insincere? That's a pretty crazy statement if you are. Do you think that Martin wasn't trying to improve conditions for all of society. I think you should study up on his politics before you denounce them cause I'm really getting the feeling that you don't know all that much about him.

"In the final analysis if first-class citizenship is to become a reality for {Blacks} he must assume the primary responsibility for making it so. {Blacks} must not be victimized wth the delusion of thinking that others should be more concerned than himself about his citizenship rights"----MLK Jr.

When you read that what is your reaction to what he is saying? What do you mean when you say the goal should have been to leave America? Does running from a problem make it go away? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying but it doesn't seem like you've really thought your statement out before you said em. Get back to me cause I really would like to continue this dialouge. peacePeace

When I read that quote, my reaction is to say that he is right, those are very nice words, that's a very nice dream.

This is also where I see a huge gap within the politics of MLK. He has this dream, this speech but, no way to bring it to manifestation. He continues to state the obvious - while being oblivious to the obvious...

Compare this philosophy to Malcolm X - who spoke of action. He taught that blacks would never be equal within America. Whether we are segragated or intergrated, America would never allow its black citizens the freedom and equality needed to rise and prosper beyond the grasp of "Uncle Sam ".

Separating from America can be seen as running away, sure. But what does "By Any Means Necessary" mean to you?

The most important thing is self -preservation. Even before the rise of MLK, blacks had already seen what kind of outcome sticking around to solve the problem brings - a lot of lynching and heartache.

I don't think MLK was truly sincere. I think he was seduced by capitalism and democracy. I think he wanted a piece of American pie for himself and blacks.

But, why settle for a piece of someone else's pie when you can make your own?

Peace

Visionz
11-08-2005, 10:06 PM
When I read that quote, my reaction is to say that he is right, those are very nice words, that's a very nice dream.

This is also where I see a huge gap within the politics of MLK. He has this dream, this speech but, no way to bring it to manifestation. He continues to state the obvious - while being oblivious to the obvious...

Compare this philosophy to Malcolm X - who spoke of action. He taught that blacks would never be equal within America. Whether we are segragated or intergrated, America would never allow its black citizens the freedom and equality needed to rise and prosper beyond the grasp of "Uncle Sam ".

Separating from America can be seen as running away, sure. But what does "By Any Means Necessary" mean to you?

The most important thing is self -preservation. Even before the rise of MLK, blacks had already seen what kind of outcome sticking around to solve the problem brings - a lot of lynching and heartache.

I don't think MLK was truly sincere. I think he was seduced by capitalism and democracy. I think he wanted a piece of American pie for himself and blacks.

But, why settle for a piece of someone else's pie when you can make your own?

Again, I think you're passing judgement without having the facts to back your statements. By saying that MLK was seduced by capitalism seems to imply that his course of actions were profitable to him. Martin never moved from the ghettos of Atlanta, and had a very modest income. He carried a message of self-determination and action. In all reality his beleifs weren't really all that different from Malcolm's. They simply had different philosphies on how to get there. And to say that they should have been working towards a mass exodus out of America. I'm assuming you're talking about Africa. But you have to ask if that's truly a realistic option. It's not going to save Black people from the reach of white imperalism. South Africa, Sierre Leon, and Rwanda should be example enough that the world has run out of hiding places. The only real option to change things is direct confrontation and better, truthful education of our children.

He continues to state the obvious - while being oblivious to the obvious...

what's he's oblivous to?

I'll leave you w/ this quote.

"The hard truth is that neither {Black} nor white has yet done enough to expect the dawn of a new day. While much has been done, it has been accomplished by too few and on a scale too limited for the breath of the goal. Freedom is not won by a passive acceptance of suffering. Freedom is won by a struggle against suffering. By this measure, {Blacks} have not yet paid the full price for freedom. And whites have not yet faced the full cost of justice."--MLK Jr.

peace

Aqueous Moon
11-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Again, I think you're passing judgement without having the facts to back your statements. By saying that MLK was seduced by capitalism seems to imply that his course of actions were profitable to him. Martin never moved from the ghettos of Atlanta, and had a very modest income. He carried a message of self-determination and action. In all reality his beleifs weren't really all that different from Malcolm's. They simply had different philosphies on how to get there. And to say that they should have been working towards a mass exodus out of America. I'm assuming you're talking about Africa. But you have to ask if that's truly a realistic option. It's not going to save Black people from the reach of white imperalism. South Africa, Sierre Leon, and Rwanda should be example enough that the world has run out of hiding places. The only real option to change things is direct confrontation and better, truthful education of our children.

what's he's oblivous to?

I'll leave you w/ this quote.

"The hard truth is that neither {Black} nor white has yet done enough to expect the dawn of a new day. While much has been done, it has been accomplished by too few and on a scale too limited for the breath of the goal. Freedom is not won by a passive acceptance of suffering. Freedom is won by a struggle against suffering. By this measure, {Blacks} have not yet paid the full price for freedom. And whites have not yet faced the full cost of justice."--MLK Jr.

peacePeace

You can leave me with another painfully obvious qoute if you feel that this proves your point. My opinion is different...not trying to convince you, but I have my own opinions.

When I said he was seduced by democracy and capitalism what I meant is that he was trying to destroy something without replacing it with something else.

It is not possible to give America a face lift. Cosmetic surgery will not hide the ugly truth. This country is built with the structures of democracy and capitalism, without this system of politics America would not be America. All of the injustices and prejudice that is contained in this country already have their grip on every facet of American life.

No, I wasn't talking about Africa, I was talking about seperating this country and owning a piece of this Earth in side of North America. We can be come sovereign and be free from all American controls.

If you think that MLK's dream of equality in America is so realistic and believable, why is it so hard to believe that blacks could truly be free on this planet and in this country? Of course this will take a revolution, like nothing ever seen before.

We made America what it is, we did backbreaking work for hundreds of years, It would make no sense to go any where else. Besides, like you said most of the land is contaminated with white power as it is. And, we already confronted America - how many confrontations do you need to see that enough time has been wasted?

Peace

Visionz
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Seperating from this country and still be in North America? Where would this proposed land be? And really, there isn't going to be any land in America, North or South even if you were sovereign that would be free from America's control. At least not in it's current state, and if you did have the kind of revolution that changed that, then there would most likely not be a reason to leave in the first place. There's a lot of things wrong in our current system and a lot of changes that need to be made. Those changes can only come about internally and they can not come from the barrel of a gun. You'll only give them a reason to send in the National Guard and murder everyone involed. It wouldn't change anything. Although it was Malcolm that said the cost of freedom is death. So maybe if you did carry out an attempt at revolution, you possibly would find the freedom you're looking for it just wouldn't be here on earth that you recieved it.
peace

whiteguy
11-08-2005, 11:15 PM
your talkin about a rez!

native rez's are just like what your talking about

here in buffalo ny the white people tryed to tax are rez so we blocked of a pat of the ny state highway by burning tires
fliped state police cars and beat the shit of 6 state police officers ofcorse alot of natives were put in jail but hey,

-thay drop the taxes.

now we own casinos
see -in ny state in illlegel to gamble
by seein how the land we own is sovereign land-well you get the point
oh you can smoke in the casinos as well because of the same reason!
my people own 2 and one more ins goin up in downtown buffalo

dont let the name whiteguy fool ya! im a half breed

upper six nation cyuga indian!

oh and hey i think buffalo has a new mayor! i voted for him!
hes black!
oh and i voted for X-he was a warrior

and dont worry i wont be serprized if i get bad mouthed here.

Aqueous Moon
11-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Peace

Thanks for adding on, whiteguy

Very real and infromative post.

KidSha
11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
No offence but why would you think that one is better then the other, we are all humans, we are all equal, we all learn from one another, I have the same ability to do the same achievements as any other human being, I donít pick anyone nor anything else, in life because ALL is to learn from, what is the difference between a crack addict and a average human, nothing, we all breathe, act, learn, eventually wrong becomes right and afterwards the word right is no longer existent.

The TAO is here for me to learn from; afterwards I become what I study. Donít judge just balance everything in your life and you will become a wise man/woman.

PEACE

Aqueous Moon
11-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Peace

This was a thread to talk about opinions...of course, you can learn from both.

We can also discuss our personal opinions...nothing wrong with that.

Peace

KidSha
11-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Peace

This was a thread to talk about opinions...of course, you can learn from both.

We can also discuss our personal opinions...nothing wrong with that.

Peace
true indeed, peace brotheren

Born Ruler I
11-09-2005, 03:44 PM
King and X were both necessary. Two paths to the same end. Symbiotic. Fire and ice. King doing it his way and Malcolm over his shoulder whith a gun talking about "Do it HIS way, or we can do it MY way!"

Their paths were about to join as Martin began to get more militant, and Malcolm recognized the need to reach out to other Black movements and organizations.

That is the true big picture. Malcolm went to visit Martin when he was in jail, but was only able to meet with Coretta. He assured her that he was with them.

There is a macro view that must be made aware, not just a micro analysis.

Read King's speeches closer to his death, especially where he challenges the US government's role in Vietnam. It is very militant.

Malcolm never changed his fundamental views, either. There is a reason why he was El Hajj Malik El SHABBAZZ...

King came from the middle class, X came from the gutter. But they were both essential, and there is a reason why BOTH were harrassed by COINTELPRO and eventually assassinated.

One

rev.terry
11-09-2005, 04:18 PM
They bring a Ying-Yang affect. Both types of fighting are needed in a movement.

4-Bar Killer
11-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, both of them was very important for the whole world, there visions have fascinated me since I was a kid. I read about MLK when I was about 10 years old and I was very fascinated by his ideas. I known Malcolm X since I was about 10 years old, but it's first within the last 2-3 years I started reading his stuff. I respect them both, and I really agrees with them. I think that Mlk ideas was very powerful and great, but when I think about it, I find out that his dreams could never come thru because of all the hate in this world. I'm sad to say it, but in this world, you almost have to use fysical power to let your visions come thru. Therefore, I like Malcolm X the most, cause I think his dreams/ideas was more realistic, they where more "updated". No disrespect to Mlk, but I think that his ideas was dreams that couldn't come thru, because of the hate and the power that people who was/is against him had/has. One thing that really touched me was Malcolm's letters from his trips to Africa. Goddamn they are powerful! I never agreed so much with someone before. Off course I haven't read them all, but I really likes what I read so far. Both persons is amazing people which could have build something, maybe together, which is far beyond anything that ever happened since then. With this said, I will say that I'm white, and I'm so far not religius, but I'm def. thinking about reading the quran and then see what happens.

1-love

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-10-2005, 12:38 PM
peace.

To the cat that wanted the Malcolm X speeches.., get at me on here. I need ya email...

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

Aqueous Moon
11-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Peace

So far the results of this poll are almost equal. Malcolm X has a slight lead on Martin, though.

In light of both Martin's and Malcolm"s transformations in their own views and speeches, I wonder if they really would have joined to become a super - power force and lead America out of the hell it has become.

Now, we will never know.

Peace

nut_end
11-11-2005, 05:20 PM
i voted for malcolm even though i think that they both embodied each others views to a xertain extent it was just the way they were presented to and interpreted by the world at large.

as i said to my mom and pop about them: by any means . . . have a dream, which can be defined as martin went by any means to bring about his dream and malcolm had a dream and by his means to self-realization was it brought about.

Aqueous Moon
11-12-2005, 12:55 AM
i voted for malcolm even though i think that they both embodied each others views to a xertain extent it was just the way they were presented to and interpreted by the world at large.

as i said to my mom and pop about them: by any means . . . have a dream, which can be defined as martin went by any means to bring about his dream and malcolm had a dream and by his means to self-realization was it brought about .
Peace

I really dig that. Thank you for adding on

Peace

damaja
11-12-2005, 02:43 AM
I think MLK had a more peaceful message, and wanted everyone as equals. Malcolm X had quite extremist views at first, although I believe he saw the light and had much more equal and peaceful views later on.

KBA7
11-12-2005, 04:29 PM
well adleast they would be scared of us.
They already R.

I like them both mutaully. They both wanted peace but had different ways of achieving that state. Many people wonder Y we no longer have men like these in a public venue. I think its because of money, selfishness, and scariness. N those days the Original Man in this country had next 2 nothing (materially speaking). Now we have so much uneeded shit it takes our minds off of what we should B concentrating on. I have built w/ people who r A-like these men but nobody listens these days. If they do they keep it in the back of there mind.

Money is the last and greastest tool of the devil.

Aqueous Moon
11-12-2005, 04:40 PM
They already R.

I like them both mutaully. They both wanted peace but had different ways of achieving that state. Many people wonder Y we no longer have men like these in a public venue. I think its because of money, selfishness, and scariness. N those days the Original Man in this country had next 2 nothing (materially speaking). Now we have so much uneeded shit it takes our minds off of what we should B concentrating on. I have built w/ people who r A-like these men but nobody listens these days. If they do they keep it in the back of there mind.

Money is the last and greastest tool of the devil .
Peace

I agree. Elijah Muhammad said that we should be focused on the downfall of the wealth of America.

This will allow a great chance for righteousness to be manifested.

Peace

KBA7
11-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Peace Earth, This downfall has already begun but our people R running on treadmills. There R no X-cuses 4 y each and every Original Man and Woman should not B prospering. W/ all the knowledge available 2 us. Malcolm's and MLK's thoughts have manifested in 1 form or another.

Aqueous Moon
11-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Peace 7,

You are correct..there is no excuses

nut_end
11-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Peace 7,

You are correct..there is no excuses
co-sign.

sweet sista
03-01-2006, 01:21 AM
I'll have to say malcolm coz he seemed more like a father who wanted the best for his child and never accepted other but what best for his people. He lost his life for that. MLK is great too but yet he didn't have the eager that malcolm had.

dif de la rev
03-01-2006, 01:44 AM
in his final days martin saw that peace was not going to be a way to acheive for what ghandi did against britain was independence as a country not rights as a people. martin did see that blood shed without inroads was becoming futile and malcolm was one to say finger on me grave to be yoy shall. by any means just don't let the means be an end of hope where numbers become a game of how many can we afford when children have to be cared for.

Ironlungz
03-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Similarily Malcolm denounced violence towars the end....
Great man, but MLK is mighty impressive in my eyes. of course it's hard for me to relate, but i'd say i'm fairly clued up on'em, one man's struggle's everymans struggle....