PDA

View Full Version : Sitcoms

PANDA PISS
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm a bit of a sitcom junkie, i need some new stuff to check out.

i been watching the show community, thats pretty good. i like how they fuck chevy chase over in every episode. aqua teen hunger force is ridiculous, love that. been rewatching the cosby show and i need to check out ricky gervais' new thing.

so whats some new sitcoms worth bothering with, i seen a few eps of 'new girl' but i don't remember if its good. i hear about 'bored to death' too?

check two
03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
New girl is for chicks.

hashashin
03-06-2013, 01:11 AM
i need to check out ricky gervais' new thing.

Do you meak Derek? I didn't really like it, maybe I just didn't 'get' it! I preferred Life's Too Short

PANDA PISS
03-06-2013, 02:32 AM
From what ive read its more character driven and dramatic than his other stuff. Obviously his best shit is the office and his first couple of stand up shows.

PANDA PISS
03-06-2013, 02:34 AM
And new girl being for girls wouldnt stop me watching it. it might still be good although the premise is unrealistic.

hectis
03-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Modern Family is pretty funny, but the best sitcom on today is The Big Bang Theory

PANDA PISS
03-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Modern Family is pretty funny, but the best sitcom on today is The Big Bang Theory

ugh.

imo thats about the worst sitcom i've seen recently. you don't think how i met your mother is better?

hectis
03-06-2013, 08:54 AM
story line was, yes, but funny wise no

tekunique
03-07-2013, 05:55 PM
^^ i like both BBT & HIMYM but i like HIMYM better. age-wise i can relate more and its NYC-based so theres mad shit that makes you chuckle.

PANDA PISS
03-08-2013, 11:39 AM
its just that all the characters in big bang theory are so annoying. a sitcom can only stand one phoebe imo.

check two
03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
The Middle is alright.

tekunique
03-08-2013, 05:59 PM
also i dont classify a show as a pure sitcom if it doesnt have a laugh track and aint taped in front of an audience.

John Nash
03-08-2013, 06:58 PM
are you talking about newish sitcoms? peep show is the only real one i fuck with. how i met your mother and big bang theory annoy, but tbh a lot of popular american sitcoms annoy so you shouldnt probably take my opinion into consideration.

PANDA PISS
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
are you talking about newish sitcoms? peep show is the only real one i fuck with. how i met your mother and big bang theory annoy, but tbh a lot of popular american sitcoms annoy so you shouldnt probably take my opinion into consideration.

yeah peep show is one of the best. the most recent episode where they're electric shocking each other for the love of dobbie is hilarious. that show is deep too, its almost painful how the characters neuroses play out.

big bang theory is annoying imo but there are some good modern sitcoms like its always sunny in philadelphia, curb, community, parks & rec etc.

how i met your mother is easy to watch, its a good distraction.

PANDA PISS
03-10-2013, 03:28 PM
its always sunny in philadelphia is pure evil lmao

SickT
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Parks and rec is dope. community is great but it's been going downhill in the 4th season.

Paranoid
03-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Its a polluted genre but i enjoy the following fine television programs...

M*A*S*H
Lucky Louie(only traditional sitcom with a live audience that has profanity, was on HBO)
Seinfeld
Munsters
Sanford & Son
All in the Family
Wayans Brothers
Fresh Prince
Martin
Addams Family
Cosby Show
Jeffersons
Taxi
Everybody Loves Raymond(Peter Boyle as the dad was hilarious, i liked all the characters except Debra...that bitch)

Can count these as sitcoms too I guess...

Curb your enthusiasm(the best)
Office(UK, US Michael Scott era)
Louie(Another hilarious Louie CK show)
Always Sunny
King of the Hill(Favorite animated sitcom? wont list the others because they're pretty obvious. Mike judge characters are the best.)
My Name is Earl(Ive seen this a few times, seems amusing...cant fuck with anything else ive listed though)

PANDA PISS
03-11-2013, 08:56 PM
^ nice choices, the ones i've seen anyway.

everybody loves raymond though, its like king of queens in that i can watch it if i'm really bored, and that the lead actors/characters i want to punch in the kidneys just for living.

i should mention also garry shandling show and larry sanders. them shits were genius. garry shandling show especially i think it had more ideas in one episode than most sitcoms manage in their whole run.

Paranoid
03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
for me peter boyle is just too funny to resist watching it. big fan after seeing him in the movies Joe(1970) and Where the Buffalo Roam(1980)

tekunique
03-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Its a polluted genre but i enjoy the following fine television programs...

M*A*S*H
Lucky Louie(only traditional sitcom with a live audience that has profanity, was on HBO)
Seinfeld
Munsters
Sanford & Son
All in the Family
Wayans Brothers
Fresh Prince
Martin
Addams Family
Cosby Show
Jeffersons
Taxi
Everybody Loves Raymond(Peter Boyle as the dad was hilarious, i liked all the characters except Debra...that bitch)

Can count these as sitcoms too I guess...

Curb your enthusiasm(the best)
Office(UK, US Michael Scott era)
Louie(Another hilarious Louie CK show)
Always Sunny
King of the Hill(Favorite animated sitcom? wont list the others because they're pretty obvious. Mike judge characters are the best.)
My Name is Earl(Ive seen this a few times, seems amusing...cant fuck with anything else ive listed though)

spot fucking on ! repped.

check two
03-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Mike and Molly?

Frank Sobotka
03-22-2013, 09:08 AM
I've seen no mention of "the league" thus far, check that out if you haven't already.
Not knowing anything about football will not keep you from enjoying it.

A new one that might pique your interests is "Legit" which is also produced by fx.
It stars Jim Jefferies, a great stand up comedian you might be familiar with. So far it hasn't been that spectacular (possibly because the best episodes I was familiar with via his stand up already) but it has potential.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Men of a Certain Age