PDA

View Full Version : Elysium Trailer (Matt Damon)

100pr00f
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
tTbmN6lmN40

Looks dope cant wait for this. What do you think

http://www.soreelflix.com/2013/04/elysium-trailer-is-here-to-show-us-what-the-future-will-look-like-click-here-to-watch/

JIGSAW45
04-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Shit looks hard body sunn...im in!

Sky Blue Bally Kid
04-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Looking forward to this, District 9 was ill.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Kinda reminds me of Gattica

IrOnMaN
06-24-2013, 01:42 PM
-RSDaRttpzk

:)

Sky Blue Bally Kid
06-24-2013, 02:44 PM
I hope that exoskeleton does some ill shit

100pr00f
06-25-2013, 11:31 AM
cant wait....got to be one of the best movies of the year

RADIOACTIVE MAN
06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Yup. Will be seeing it

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
06-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Looks good and Matt Damon is a good actor

ShaDynasty
06-26-2013, 11:09 AM
"Matt.. Damon"

IrOnMaN
08-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Ve2FK1G6OFI

:)

Sky Blue Bally Kid
08-07-2013, 02:53 PM
^^Good lookin out

IrOnMaN
08-07-2013, 10:07 PM
^No problem! It's going down this Friday.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-09-2013, 10:20 PM
So who.saw it? Your thoughts?

IrOnMaN
08-10-2013, 04:34 PM
One of the most anticipated movies of the year has finally arrived on the big screen!

Elysium is a science fiction action film written and directed by Neill Blomkamp (District 9) and starring Matt Damon, Jodie Foster and Sharlto Copley.

Fascinating is the word that comes to mind when I think of Elysium! Blomkamp has delivered yet again another spectacular film that is filled with action, drama and adventure.

Matt Damon holds it down as always, but unfortunately, Matt Damon is outshine by Sharlto Copley who plays Agent Kruger. Sharlto's performance is grand, well acted and down right menacing.

In terms of the action and drama, prepared to be wowed! The exoskeleton they attached to Max (Matt Damon) is insane. Max submits himself to a gruesome operation that merges his ailing carcass with an exoskeleton that gives him superstrength.

The highly advanced space station called Elysium is a critique of a society riven by class and racial differences (Most of Earth's population is multi-ethic and Elysium's population is mostly white). It displays who is the oppressed and who're the oppressors, especially when it comes to health care.

The thought of who we'll be in the future is scary! Elysium is a densely detailed critique of humanity. Like District 9, this film painted a sprawling portrait of humanity.

5/5

I hope my review isn't too plain.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-11-2013, 04:54 PM
This movie is about immigration, the working poor (us), the 1% and healthcare.

Its predominantly focused on Latin Americans that migrate and how workers are treated.

Matt Damon played his role very well. You felt bad for him and the shit he endures. He emotes a lot with having to say anything.

Shalto Copley payed his role well I like him as an actor. Th character he played as the bad guy was kind of 1 dimensional, not 1 thing was likeable about him. He was like the ultimate bad guy.

2 other characters that were introduced weren’t even needed in this story. I will not state who they are but you'll figure it out. The story would have been better with out those 2. Just having Matt Damon would have been fine.

IrOnMaN
08-11-2013, 06:52 PM
This movie is about immigration, the working poor (us), the 1% and healthcare.

Its predominantly focused on Latin Americans that migrate and how workers are treated.

Matt Damon played his role very well. You felt bad for him and the shit he endures. He emotes a lot with having to say anything.

Shalto Copley payed his role well I like him as an actor. Th character he played as the bad guy was kind of 1 dimensional, not 1 thing was likeable about him. He was like the ultimate bad guy.

2 other characters that were introduced weren’t even needed in this story. I will not state who they are but you'll figure it out. The story would have been better with out those 2. Just having Matt Damon would have been fine.

The movie was unpredictable. My heart was racing like crazy, especially when they made it to Elysium.

I'd like to have an open discussion about this film but I'll wait until some people see it.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-11-2013, 10:12 PM
The movie was sick,I love the whole poor vs rich theme to it..too dope

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-13-2013, 09:44 AM
The movie was unpredictable. My heart was racing like crazy, especially when they made it to Elysium.

I'd like to have an open discussion about this film but I'll wait until some people see it.

Jodi Fosters character was under developed. She was sinister but why? Absolut power?

My only gripe is the 1 dimensional characters especially after seeing his first movie Distritc 9.

IrOnMaN
08-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Jodi Fosters character was under developed. She was sinister but why? Absolut power?

My only gripe is the 1 dimensional characters especially after seeing his first movie Distritc 9.

You make a valid point here. Jodie's character should've been....better. It's a lack of charcter development.

Towards the end when she was with Frey. What was up with that?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-17-2013, 04:22 PM
What was with that "Stop" if she valued her life she would give 2 fucks who was helping as long as it saves her. And the rich would kill their own if it would save them IMO

IrOnMaN
08-17-2013, 06:33 PM
What was with that "Stop" if she valued her life she would give 2 fucks who was helping as long as it saves her. And the rich would kill their own if it would save them IMO

That scene can be viewed in two ways: One reason could be that she disliked minorities and the second reason could have been that if alive, she'd have to face the consequences of her horrible actions. Death was her only escape.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Hmmmm...Thanks. That makes sense.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
08-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Am I the only one who felt like Jodi fosters character was somewhat a portrayal of Hilary Clinton....

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Stern, rigid with a fake smile. I think youre right

ShaDynasty
08-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Is this worth checking out? the idea for it sounds great but so few of these sci-fi flicks actually deliver.

IrOnMaN
08-25-2013, 09:01 AM
^Didn't you read my review?

ShaDynasty
08-25-2013, 12:35 PM
^Didn't you read my review?

No.

Its weird how recently theres been a whole bunch of films about how shitty the future is.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Because its shitty now so the future will be a mess^

Charles Barry
08-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Saw it and enjoyed it.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
09-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Saw this the other day, was good but I expected more after District 9.

^That's pretty much the opposite of how I feel, if you've seen the trailer u can pretty much guess how the film will pan out I'd say, nothing unpredictable happened imo and I feel once they made it to Elysium it became just another Hollywood sci-fi action movie.

7/10 movie for me, I'd say check out 'Looper' instead if you haven't seen it already...