PDA

View Full Version : Tao and I-CHING

KidSha
11-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Lighthouse or someone please break this down to me, what is the different between the two?

Os3y3ris
11-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Everything. Tao is sorta like a universal force that makes up everything or something like that. Bad definition, but in terms of differentiating it from the i-ching, it will do. The I Ching is a set of symbols, often used by taoists that represent the univerese. 8 elemental trigrams form 64 hexagrams, the former often arranged around the yin yang.

Seyo
11-09-2005, 03:24 AM
yep the i-ching is a sort of math method to applicate for your fisical e spiritual health...

SubtleEnergies
11-09-2005, 05:18 AM
Tao is a word it means "The Way" or "The Great" like the above said it's the essence of everything.

Taoism is a philosophical system based on following this way. It is based loosely on several Taoist texts.

The I Ching is a BOOK. It is a Taoist book.

Golden_Armz
11-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Taoists - do they believe in a Creator?

LHX
11-09-2005, 08:53 AM
taoism is derived from the i ching

as is confucianism

the i ching comes first - the others are interpretations which follow

LHX
11-09-2005, 08:54 AM
yep the i-ching is a sort of math method to applicate for your fisical e spiritual health...
this would be the incorrect summary

KidSha
11-09-2005, 04:08 PM
dam thats peace, light we should get together for a build one day, gonna be planing a trip to T.. soon.

PEACE

Civilison
11-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Both chinese philosophical works.

What they have both in common is that they were not written by men but by the great Tao Itself! By this I mean it was not the physical hand that put the ink on paper that wrote them but rather the "state of mind" of the people that wrote them. That Is their true author. Their state of mind was the Tao Itself.

The difference is that when you try to study the Tao, no matter how hard you will try you will not grasp its wisdom. When you finally give up and step back, free your mind and admit that you don't know, it will come to you automatically maybe even without you realizing it on a consciouss level.

The I-Ching is a book that you might not know but it knows you!

No one can be told what they are, take a look within yourself and see with your own "eye".

PEACE MY BROTHER

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-10-2005, 11:22 AM
peace.

I have incorporated some of the works of Taoism into my life, and it has been extremely beneficial. I think it does different things for different people, but for me..I am more calm in different senses....where I didn't use to be.

"the way" is freedom.

PEACE

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

LHX
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
dam thats peace, light we should get together for a build one day, gonna be planing a trip to T.. soon.

PEACE
let me know

Malcom Guevera
11-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I have the I-CHING on my arm reppin PEOPLEZ ARMY/RBG FAM..............

The I-CHING is like the oldest existing book, chinese invented printing.

The TAO is just a teaching about how the universe works including man in the picture. The I-CHING is more of a divination tool, this is before TAROT cards or anything was created. Its a deep science if you rely on the science of chance.