PDA

View Full Version : saying peace - are to many saying it but not living it?

Alex36
11-09-2005, 07:55 AM
i see it said a lot, i say it a lot but i try my best to live it, but its obvious a lot that talk about it and use the word dont try and live it, what u think?

Alex36
11-09-2005, 07:55 AM
peace

Aqueous Moon
11-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Peace

It is a habit for me. I think it is a good habit....but, if I say something someone doesn't like they will reject my offer of peace...LOL

However, I always am sincere when I say it and my life is definitely peaceful - maybe too peacefull. I have a tendency to get bored quickly...oh well

Wamukota X
11-09-2005, 08:17 AM
I am peace filled by "nature".

Golden_Armz
11-09-2005, 08:17 AM
^Hey u live in Long Beach? dats a really nice city man, i was there last summer and stayed with a friends fam for a week and i loved it. PEACE

Aqueous Moon
11-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Peace Golden Armz

Yeah, I love it here in Long Beach...it's been really beautiful weather lately but, it's starting to get cloudy now.

The truth is I am desperate to see the world. Never been too far away from this crazy town of mine. Anyway, thanks for the shout out!

Peace

LHX
11-09-2005, 09:51 AM
not many people knwo what peace is

Golden_Armz
11-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Peace Golden Armz

Yeah, I love it here in Long Beach...it's been really beautiful weather lately but, it's starting to get cloudy now.

The truth is I am desperate to see the world. Never been too far away from this crazy town of mine. Anyway, thanks for the shout out!

Peace
Yeah its nice and chilled out there, definately different from London - we took jet skis and went out into the sea, u know where that lighthouse on the hill is? lol they surrounded the oil refinery island with palm tress to not make the residents angry, thought that was funny....always wanted to go LB cos id listen to alota snoop when i was a youngsta, lol-made sure i saw VIP!

PEACE

Shemsu Elohim
11-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Interesting.

I was getting ready to start a similiar topic.

This is why I no longer say Peace at this time:

http://www.muhammadspeaks.com/AsSalaamAlaikum.html
...The greetings, As-Salaam-Alaikum, which means peace - peace be to you- or unto you. This is a very very good greeting words to use. The Western world of mankind can not use the greetings of peace to one another because they are not at peace with each other. Therefore there would be absolutely false greeting if the world would try greeting each other with peace. Especially the Western world. Therefore the greeting of peace is the greeting of those whom we call the righteous, who are always at peace with God, and at peace with man, and peace with himself. Therefore they are justified in using this greeting of peace which is the greatest greeting words that we know of. Long before the creation of this world, it was the word or greeting of the righteous, peace. In whatever language was used, it meant peace. WE, today desire most of all to have peace with God and with ourselves. WE desire to have it but most of us are not trying to give peace or to enjoy peace between man and man, due to the fact that the greed of the riches and luxury of this world takes all of our love, all of our peace, from our hearts towards one another. Because the love of the riches of this world and its luxuries, it makes one desire to take advantage of the other one. And in this race for wealth we destroy the peace of the neighborhood. We destroy the peace of the world of mankind, seeking to enjoy wealth and luxury of this life at the expense of and ... of others...

the silencer
11-09-2005, 09:04 PM
^^nice post.....this a great thread...

Chief 'Broom
11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
"jeah yea it goes like this right mmhere it's like uh niggas be always hollering peace knowumsayin peace my brother peace this peace that knowumsayin every time i uh try to get a peace of mind niggas try to get a piece of mine so i gotta grab my piece" -Andre 3000

yeah that's all i have to contribute

language has deteriotated dramatically, no question

KBA7
11-09-2005, 09:30 PM
not many people knwo what peace is
True indeed

Murdah Piff
11-09-2005, 11:51 PM
i say peace to my homies, and when im with my homies theres always the brocolli lit up so we be peaceful because of that greenery. bein in that state of high mind, hence the PEACE

chea

The Unknown Disciple
11-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Peace has become a very trendy word now, and not many people do just say it but not live it. I try to use the word only when I mean it, but you always see the rich teens around here using cause they think it is just cool to say Peace even though they dont know the realy meaning of it, and dont mean it.

abasi
11-10-2005, 08:58 AM
i think saying peace is a good habit
its hard to live in peace in our world
there is many things that s going on thats not peaceful at all
but as long as your in peace with yourself you take away a lot of negativity
that the world brings

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-10-2005, 11:24 AM
peace.

I say peace regardless of whoever thinks what. I am my own man and entitled to my own thoughts. When you live in hell, there is nothing wrong with saying peace....sometimes the greeting of peace itself is can be the stimulus for a positive interaction between people. And they always say...the first impression last. I've had people ask me why I greet in peace...and I've answered to see positive questions, responses and body language.

Not to the person who submitted the quote but to the person who stated we are "not" in peace here in the states..in this "western world," so we shouldn't state it..etc, I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out...the 1st part. As for the second part, I find that hypocritical.....everyone on this planet...has their own personal and "outer"-personal jihads...internal and external....logical and emotional...etc.., HEAVEN AND HELL, POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE....PEACE AND CHAOS. Scientifically speaking, energy itself..in any shape, form or fashion...is never 100% stable...but STRIVES to reach stability constantly nonstop. This effort....to strive...keeps the world spinning...and expanding.

Peace is supposed to be the absence of chaos,

I'm beginning to think that it is....CHAOS minimized and regulated.

Because with a positive comes a negative..and vice versa..in every organic and non-organic entity on this planet.

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

Alex36
11-10-2005, 09:16 PM
i wasent saying we shouldent say peace cos the world isent peacefull, i was asking do people here think to many say it and not TRY to live it, i aint saying people are going to live it 24/7 in this world but its about trying to live it and not just saying it a lot.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-11-2005, 11:38 AM
peace.

never said you stated that, if you re-read what I submitted..you will c I'm referring to a QUOTE utilized within this discussion.

peace

SubliminaLtha7thBorN

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-12-2005, 05:19 PM
good topic

i think this is a case of subcounciously programmed habits coming into play,sometimes we mean things we dont neccesarily live,but you gotta understand that not everyone looks for trouble and situations ccould lead to one being "not peaceful" and due to our non perfect nature...things like these are bound to make us fall...

i personally like to live a peaceful life but because of the emmotion of anger and the fact that i got a temper,this cant always be the way,but that doesnt mean you can say peace to the next man,remember,peace sometimes is not long term,peace is a very flexible occurence and can change by the second into something else so saying peace for the moment when it is indeed a peaceful moment aint wrong

peace

tostones
11-12-2005, 05:57 PM
peace

showing that one is striving for harmony in personal relations

a beautiful greeting

I've heard "hello" only became popular with the advent of the telephone, but has some variants in Shakespeare.

peace

blackwisdom
11-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I say it to people that I'm peaceful with. Everyone else I say, "Take it easy." I feel you Shemsu Elohim.

Hotep (Pleasing to God)

JASPER
11-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Imhotep.

Shemsu Elohim
11-13-2005, 06:29 PM
But I think the point of the lecture, blackwisdom, is that the Universal Greeting is really only truly for those who are at Peace with ALL, including their 'enemies'.

Interesting.

I was getting ready to start a similiar topic.

This is why I no longer say Peace at this time:

http://www.muhammadspeaks.com/AsSalaamAlaikum.html
...The greetings, As-Salaam-Alaikum, which means peace - peace be to you- or unto you. This is a very very good greeting words to use. The Western world of mankind can not use the greetings of peace to one another because they are not at peace with each other. Therefore there would be absolutely false greeting if the world would try greeting each other with peace. Especially the Western world. Therefore the greeting of peace is the greeting of those whom we call the righteous, who are always at peace with God, and at peace with man, and peace with himself. Therefore they are justified in using this greeting of peace which is the greatest greeting words that we know of. Long before the creation of this world, it was the word or greeting of the righteous, peace. In whatever language was used, it meant peace. WE, today desire most of all to have peace with God and with ourselves. WE desire to have it but most of us are not trying to give peace or to enjoy peace between man and man, due to the fact that the greed of the riches and luxury of this world takes all of our love, all of our peace, from our hearts towards one another. Because the love of the riches of this world and its luxuries, it makes one desire to take advantage of the other one. And in this race for wealth we destroy the peace of the neighborhood. We destroy the peace of the world of mankind, seeking to enjoy wealth and luxury of this life at the expense of and ... of others...

Regards

blackwisdom
11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
^Understood.

Hotep

AndAnotherOne
11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Peace/War, I don't like war so I choose for peace.. Peace.

LHX
11-14-2005, 03:21 PM
i say whatever comes to mind

or

whatever it seems like the other person needs to hear

a lot of times these days i dont say nuthin

Prince Rai
11-14-2005, 03:46 PM
i say peace and blessings cos i truly mean it!
and though people may want to differ, it is the mind of conduct which is importnat!

Prince Rai
11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
peace and blessings

LHX
11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
words words words