PDA

View Full Version : Your Musical Listening History

iNtell3kT
11-11-2005, 06:39 AM
ok, i had an idea to make a thread about, what did u listen to sense your excistence and up to now....the order of what u listened to and what u did listen to ya know....well i'll tell you mine for an example..

well sense i can remember i didn't start buying albums untill i was in 3rd grade or so, b4 then, i listened to nothing but the radio, KS 104.3 which was the Pop station like TLC, Slat N Pepper, Boys 2 Men, Blackstreet n shit like that, hardly any real hip-hop or rap, whatever was on, mostly was good for me, untill i heard a Bone Thug's joint, i think it was Crossroads, on the radio, that got me into actually buying albums, i owned ever Bone Related album including the first Mo Thugs Family record (which is fuckin ill to this day) i stopped buying them once their first "Collections" like a greatest hit album came out, and i realized they got tired with their shit, and so did i, but when i was into Bone, i got into Coolio n such things like that, Eazy E, mostly west coast shit, and the Luniz were dope, then i heard Outkast's ATliens and Do Or Die's first album, which got me bumpin them a lot (which was about the time Bone Thugs Art Of War album came out) which those 2 (Outkast and Do or Die) albums my older brother owned, and i listened to them alot, then all of a sudden, he bought a few Wu albums and some Mobb Deep, and this is between 4th and 5th grade, i actually took the time to listen to them, and well i really was used to my westcoast "thug" and "gangsta" music ya know, so i wasnt really feelin them, and then i started listening to Xzibit, and KRS-1 actually a lot, dunno why, i found them appealing at the time, then a lot of years maybe 3 when i was still listening to Bone, ect.. all those people i listed at the top, then i moved here where i live now 6 years ago, and started listeing to about 2 years after i lived here, i started to get "involved" in the rock scene, listeing to Linkon Park, Rage, SOAD, Slipknot, Fuel, A Perfect Circle ect.. ect.. that was about the time i started gettin high everyday, skippin school to drink and get stone and all that good shit, from 6th-8th grade, that lasted for about 2 years, it was about the end of 8th grade, where i remembered my old "hip-hop" status i always liked, and went out and bought the Liquid Swords album remembering how much i liked it when i was in elementry, so from then it was NOTHING BUT WU-TANG!!! throughout my short lived 2 years in high-school, it was nothing....but...the....wu, and so after i memoized almost all the Wu reocrds and solo records, to which was about a year and a half ago, when i was on this board, i started to discover (amumgst all the chitter-chatter here) artists, like Royce Da 5'9, Canibus and Jedi Mind Tricks, i got into them, which really wasnt underground, but i guess it seemed like so to me then, then about ayear ago, my brother came over from where i used to live to visit for thanks giving and downloaded some Necro and Ill Bill onto my comp, then i got into them from Necro and Ill Bill's Faggot Killin freestyl as i call it and Necro's Nighttrain Freestyle, i liked them alot, this about the time, right after the corp crashed and everyone was at Methical.com and i enjoyed them for a lil while, then at the begining of this year, my brother showed me, Copywrite, East Flatbush Projects and Jakki The Motamouth, Weathermen ect.. and i liked it alot, then from there, i found a lot of artists on my own, even tho most of you proly knew about them way b4 me, like Cage, Aesop Rock Sage Franis, Atmosphere Mr. Lif, Del, The Orphanage ect.. and thats what ive been listeing to a lot now in days, i havnt actually played a Wu-Tang track for a while now, even tho now i want that Wu-Tang Meets Indie Culture album now (PM Me If You Got It!!) and about these last few months ive been listeing to a lot of Underground Indie shit, and shit like Diplomats, 50 Cent (so what, i like his shit) Game ect.. good stuff like that that's on the radio and deserves to be listened to......so as of now, its a lot of Dipset and underground and a lil bit of 50 here n there.....

wow that was a long type, but hey, this thread can be a fun read if we dont go and start bashing people about what music they listen to, it's a lil imature....

so what about ya'll people, im sure (maybe some) did all just happened to listen to Wu-Tang sense birth, so if u can remember, or whatever u can remember, post up.....