PDA

View Full Version : what do you think the other side holds after suicide?

Alex36
11-11-2005, 10:32 AM
hard topic for some to discuss but im intrested in your view on it..

i feel it makes no difference, if people go they go, but i see a lot saying there in hell n that. seems harsh.

LHX
11-11-2005, 11:58 AM
lands you right back where you were before you killed yourself

there is no way out

Machete
11-11-2005, 01:06 PM
lands you right back where you were before you killed yourself

there is no way outScary thought. Us humans are proof-based beings. Therefor, I'm neutral and curious about what others might have to say.

LHX
11-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Scary thought. Us humans are proof-based beings. Therefor, I'm neutral and curious about what others might have to say.
this is why many people refer to this place as hell

Aqueous Moon
11-11-2005, 01:11 PM
hard topic for some to discuss but im intrested in your view on it..

i feel it makes no difference, if people go they go, but i see a lot saying there in hell n that. seems harsh.
Darkness. Because, life is light and if you commit suicide that means you never saw the light of life.

You must have lived a dark exsistance to have had the need to kill yourelf.

Like LHX said, the darkness will just continue...

Peace

damaja
11-11-2005, 01:28 PM
The same happens if you die any other way, total nothingness. I should know.

Murdah Piff
11-11-2005, 02:11 PM
suicide is for pussy ass bitches who cant deal with reality

Machete
11-11-2005, 02:23 PM
total nothingness.What really is nothing? Once you begin to break it down, nothing is something because we can define it.

LHX
11-11-2005, 03:21 PM
hahaha

you wish

Born Ruler I
11-11-2005, 04:24 PM
What is real?

One

damaja
11-12-2005, 02:48 AM
What really is nothing? Once you begin to break it down, nothing is something because we can define it.Yeah, but when you are dead, you can't define it. Nothing is but a word.

Prince Rai
11-12-2005, 06:56 AM
nobody came back to tell us i guess.

obviously there are many theories from religions to the simple... when u die ur dead and thats that.

unfortunately that conclusion is not sufficient as it needs developing..

clearly we never realll understand the mind and the soul.. we are sure the mind at least exists.. but where is it? in the brain? if we open it is it there? we cant see it!

the mind is powerful.. can we all agree that, the mind neccesarily needs a physical body to continue to exist?

hmm just curious..

but as for suicide... what is the purpose of it? to run away from a problem? is the problem such that the mind cannot take it anymore? possibly!

then why cant we say that if the mind COULD exist outside the body, that the mind continues on after the death of the body...

would the mind reamin on Erath.. was the suicide not the best solution if we still remain on this planet?

questions questions suggests that there is no real easy common ground

Visionz
11-12-2005, 07:36 AM
How would you consider suicide bombers w/in the pretext of this argument? They certainly arent' running away from a problem. They're running into their problems strapped w/ explosives. I think only God could really answer this question, but I if we are to be judged on the basis of suicide alone, motivation definetly plays a part. Some things are worth dying for and there are fates worse than death. I don't necessarily agree w/ it as a tatic but I can understand the mindset that realizes people in war are going to die regardless and that by determining your own destiny and not letting your enemy choose it for you, then you become a far more deadly advesary. But outside of war, I view suicide as an extremely selfish act. Unless of course absolutely no one in the world has any love for you. If that's the case fuck it then, who's gonna care anyways, and you might be doing the world a favor.

Prince Rai
11-12-2005, 09:39 AM
How would you consider suicide bombers w/in the pretext of this argument? They certainly arent' running away from a problem. They're running into their problems strapped w/ explosives. I think only God could really answer this question, but I if we are to be judged on the basis of suicide alone, motivation definetly plays a part. Some things are worth dying for and there are fates worse than death. I don't necessarily agree w/ it as a tatic but I can understand the mindset that realizes people in war are going to die regardless and that by determining your own destiny and not letting your enemy choose it for you, then you become a far more deadly advesary. But outside of war, I view suicide as an extremely selfish act. Unless of course absolutely no one in the world has any love for you. If that's the case fuck it then, who's gonna care anyways, and you might be doing the world a favor.
a lot of truth here.

the suicide bombings as we see it today are mainly conducted by "muslims".

now, the problem arises when the term Islam and Jihad comes in here. these terms are justifications, but are they?

suicide bombings happen in countries and regions where there are grave political conflictions as we all know by now.
they do not blow up to run away from problems at the outset, but then again... they are doing what they are doing due to a problem. by suicide, are they eliminating the problem? could they have done something else instead? i guess until that has been answered, one could view suicide bombings also slightly "running away from a problem".

pray 2 god

peace n blessings

LHX
11-12-2005, 09:57 AM
even if somebody did have the answer

nobody would believe them because it is beyond the comprehension of people who are 'alive'

the best you can do is come REALLY CLOSE to the answer
and then use deductive reasoning to figure the rest out

and then do whatever you can to test your theories

its too bad that death is such a taboo to discuss
it would be a lot more laid back place if it was more open for discussion and people allowed themselves to become more familiar with it

Prince Rai
11-12-2005, 10:03 AM
would be nice to just die for half hour, and ask God to come back quikly again!

LHX
11-12-2005, 10:05 AM
go for it man

i will stick around

you will prolly see that it isnt that big a deal and you were right all along

Visionz
11-12-2005, 10:38 AM
it is amazing that their is such a prevelent fear for something that's inevitable. I'm sure death is a lot more painful for the ones who live than the other way around. Mabey it's the fear of leaving all the ones we love behind that causes many to fear it so much.

LHX
11-12-2005, 10:49 AM
it is amazing that their is such a prevelent fear for something that's inevitable. I'm sure death is a lot more painful for the ones who live than the other way around. Mabey it's the fear of leaving all the ones we love behind that causes many to fear it so much.
i been thinking about this

i think the reason it is 'painful' for loved ones when somebody passes away because it forces them to really consider their own mortality

if it was addressed more often

we would prolly celebrate death more than lament it

Prince Rai
11-12-2005, 03:37 PM

i think the reason it is 'painful' for loved ones when somebody passes away because it forces them to really consider their own mortality

that is true, i think if we were to ask a person who looks after elderly people and also inevetibly sees many pass by..
if we were to ask them about death they would have a more matured voice on this.

im just saying

Koolish
11-12-2005, 04:37 PM
i don't wanna sound overly trying to philosophy, but it's hard for a mind to comprehend anything other than what its used to. that's why the afterlife is seen as something so bull shit, because it's not realistic concerning the world we live in.

i've been suicidal, the only thing that stopped me was... well it was something, i won't say.
________
Hawaii Dispensary (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

Visionz
11-12-2005, 08:24 PM

I think it's probably a mix of love and fear of loneliness that makes it so hard to let go of people. I had an uncle that recently passed because of complitcations from a mix of diabetes and cancer. In his last days you could see that he was in a lot of pain and his body allowed him to be only a shell of the man he truly was. I accepted his death fairly easy because I knew he lived a good life and that his suffering was over. I'm sure it was a lot harder for my aunt however, because that person that had been right by here side since they were 18, (he was in his 50's) is gone for good. That's someone who was such a big part of her life that is not coming back. I'm sure people confront their own mortality at times like this but I think the harder part is going thru life w/out the source of love that people get so accustomed to. And then you think about how you are never going to be able to replace that person and the loneliness steps in, and personally I think that's one of the hardest emotions to deal with.

Visionz
11-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I do think that if people managed to live a long, rewarding life, their death should be celebrated for the life they dared to live. Mourning for people that are 80 when they die is ridiculous.

LHX
11-14-2005, 03:11 PM
I do think that if people managed to live a long, rewarding life, their death should be celebrated for the life they dared to live. Mourning for people that are 80 when they die is ridiculous.
nah man

its an all or nothing deal

Fragmented
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
welcome to the timeloop have a long and fruiticious stay

LHX
11-14-2005, 03:17 PM
welcome to the timeloop have a long and fruiticious stay
i swear i have read that before

Meta4
11-14-2005, 09:59 PM

I resent you saying that because I had a close friend of mine committ suicide earlier this year. He obviously dealt with pressures that went unforseen and he couldn't handle properly so he found a way out that would "relieve" any pain. As for what happens after. I'm not religious at all but I do think that there is still somethin' there for you. Wether it's good or bad depends upon your perception of how you lived your live. I completley hate it when people say that committing "sins" (ex murder, suicide, etc..) leads to damnation. YOUR life is for YOU to judge, no one elses, not even "Gods". Why would god create a person with a dark perception of his or hers life??? NOBODY on this earth has a truly spiritualy dark perception of their life. That's omymoronic to God being a supreme being whether or not (you believe) "he" exists.

K.E.G.
11-15-2005, 08:44 AM
You will guard something after you go.
that's all I know. what your specialty was is what your specialty will become.

You're definately not a pussy for taking a colt to the temple or a long an sickening blade to the vein. But if you kept on living after many attempts you are a pussy.
Life's a bitch. You take your chances. Too many questions and not enough answers.
The way out is beautiful. Its even more beautiful if you maintain and finish this mission you're already on.
Personally I contemplate what it would be like to have people mourning over my premature death on a rare but unhealthy basis.
People like this are self absorbed to the core. People like this accept all people until they become empathized by them. Their negativity often causes attraction by aggressive means or the fact that they are extremely felt when they enter a room, walking as a nobody.
When these people do good deeds it is like a gift from god in your back yard. Constant good deeds come from the youth that live in a mourning palace. It is the lack of treating themselves right, rather than others that causes their desires to burn them inside out.
Once these persons get caught up in an ongoing process of not fulfilling self love, "suicide" becomes one of their desires that seems unaccomplished.
I want to be a professional when i get out of this body so I can be granted an all access pass to whatever i want to see that i didn't get a chance to living.
Those who cheat end up delayed and on the same mission without an evolving brain to guide them to the finish.
Ghosts and phantoms that can transcend time and space are not burdens unless you get there too early.

LHX
11-15-2005, 02:44 PM
there is no escape

try it

youll see

Ebo
11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
It says in the "Tibetan Book of the Death" that those who die face a realm where they are set up for rebirth but have a change to escape the wheel of rebirth.
But it also says most beings tend to be attracted to a physical realm while in this state (called "Bardo") thus being reborn according to their drives and (non-physical)"instincts"
So suicide, which usually is a result of a confused mind, only would lead to the manifestation of that confusion within the Bardo.

Peace

Aqueous Moon
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
You will guard something after you go.
that's all I know. what your specialty was is what your specialty will become.

You're definately not a pussy for taking a colt to the temple or a long an sickening blade to the vein. But if you kept on living after many attempts you are a pussy.
Life's a bitch. You take your chances. Too many questions and not enough answers.
The way out is beautiful. Its even more beautiful if you maintain and finish this mission you're already on.
Personally I contemplate what it would be like to have people mourning over my premature death on a rare but unhealthy basis.
People like this are self absorbed to the core. People like this accept all people until they become empathized by them. Their negativity often causes attraction by aggressive means or the fact that they are extremely felt when they enter a room, walking as a nobody.
When these people do good deeds it is like a gift from god in your back yard. Constant good deeds come from the youth that live in a mourning palace. It is the lack of treating themselves right, rather than others that causes their desires to burn them inside out.
Once these persons get caught up in an ongoing process of not fulfilling self love, "suicide" becomes one of their desires that seems unaccomplished.
I want to be a professional when i get out of this body so I can be granted an all access pass to whatever i want to see that i didn't get a chance to living.
Those who cheat end up delayed and on the same mission without an evolving brain to guide them to the finish.
Ghosts and phantoms that can transcend time and space are not burdens unless you get there too early.

O.K. This is deep. I appreciate this write up. It sounds like reincarnation or something, but I really like being alive right now. Sure, life is fucked up but, learning new shit everyday makes it worth it to me...

LHX
11-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Sure, life is fucked up but, learning new shit everyday makes it worth it to me...
thats it right there

hellbound
11-15-2005, 05:00 PM
if you commit suicide then you die, if you die of natural causes then you die the same death, that is my view of death, no heaven or hell shit

LHX
11-15-2005, 05:10 PM
if you commit suicide then you die, if you die of natural causes then you die the same death, that is my view of death, no heaven or hell shit
yeah

it would be nice if it were that easy

Malcom Guevera
11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
A suicide is the equalivant of an earthquake to family and friends and leaves a huge void in the heart of loved ones.

LHX
11-15-2005, 05:27 PM
A suicide is the equalivant of an earthquake to family and friends and leaves a huge void in the heart of loved ones.
this is very dramatic

triggahappy187
11-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Everyone in their lives have at least once thought about suicide, I would have done it but I couldn't stand the thought of my moms trying to survive without me. That at the time was my ONLY reason. I don't know what happen's after you commit suicide we can state our opinions but that's all they are, the truth is we will never know, same as in death we will never know what happens to us after we pass until it happens. Me myself I can't deal with when people say "Nothing happens" Like your erased, I hope shit's not like that.

Prince Rai
11-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Everyone in their lives have at least once thought about suicide, I would have done it but I couldn't stand the thought of my moms trying to survive without me. That at the time was my ONLY reason. I don't know what happen's after you commit suicide we can state our opinions but that's all they are, the truth is we will never know, same as in death we will never know what happens to us after we pass until it happens. Me myself I can't deal with when people say "Nothing happens" Like your erased, I hope shit's not like that.
yep, i guess we have to take suicide and afterlife as two seperate stories.
first we have to realise what the benefits and/or disadvantages of suicide is, before we touch upon afterlife.

afterlife if there, only gets importnat after the result which is death.

suicide is either selfish, and in most cases it is.. because the damage we do to loved ones is hard, especially if they knew it was suicide. hope that makes sense.

to me ill say radically that suicide is never the best solution at first hand. neither should it be a last resort. as some have already said... life is quite precious.. we should enjoy any knowldge we pick up here.. privceless knowledge.. most underestimate the state of mind after a huge consumption of knwoeldge.

as for afterlife, i guess we should all hear out all theories and take out the knowldge that makes most sense to us. and then analyse that and again compare it with all the theories.. its hard work, thats because nobody came back from afterlife to tell us the truth.

we all would love to kow that we could live in a paradise.

SlightlySlightedFan
02-04-2006, 06:56 AM
It doesn't hold anything. Theres nothing afterward. See, Life is a bigger thing than conciousness. Trees are alive, but if we cut one down does it go to some sort of tree heaven?
It's a nice thought, to think that there is something afterward or that there could be a god that would distinguish between you or I and a single celled organism. Now, I'm not saying that you're wrong in thinking that, what I am saying is that ain't nobody right.
My opinion is that we as humans who are not single celled organisms, have got very lucky, and won the lottery of conciousness, where as you're dog or cat or tree or patch of grass or virus has not. So killing ones self is like spending lottery winnings on naming stars after ones-self. It just doesn't matter, nobody will ever know.
Maybe heaven or hell is how we are remembered by those that survive.
And the stories that those people tell of us to others.
Everything else is subjectively and scientifically beyond what any animal or plant or other "life-form" can express to another, or even to ones self.

SlightlySlightedFan
02-04-2006, 07:02 AM
I agree that in most cases Suicide is the most selfish act that anyone can commit. It does mess people up in ways that they don't understand.

But.

My opinion is that if someone has a fatal disease and there is no quality of life left and never will be. That for them suicide can start to look pretty good. At that point it would be selfish and presumptuious for anyone else to say that it would be wrong.

Ronin
02-05-2006, 08:42 PM
u die, therefore the same thing happens as per usual

blackness

unless you beleive in god of course and atone for every heinous sin you comitted and u get to play in a magical world in the sky