PDA

View Full Version : Most Wasted Beats?

Bedlam
11-11-2005, 02:08 PM
These are some beats that are incredible, but the rapping over them was not even close to the level of the beat. Do not fill this thread up with G-Unit beats please

Dr. Dre - Xxplosive
Killarmy - Wu Renegades
Gang Starr - DWYCK
Mobb Deep - Quiet Storm (first two verses)
Wu-Tang - Careful (Click, Click)

those are just a few, gimme some more

Murdah Piff
11-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Do not fill this thread up with G-Unit beats please your a fuckin pussy, face the reality

Meta4
11-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah you fuckin' read my mind with "Quiet Storm". That beat is fuckin' ill but they don't do any justice to it. Havoc always holds his own and then some. Prodigy is straight garbage to me, but I love Mobb.

Bedlam
11-11-2005, 02:29 PM
your a fuckin pussy, face the reality
what the fuck are you talking about? I'm just sayin that so everyone doesnt say 100 G-Unit songs, because its so obvious that they are wasted beats. I want people to think a little, not just say G-Unit. You could fill up the whole page with G-Unit wasted beats easily, I just want ppl to say something else.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-11-2005, 02:30 PM
These are some beats that are incredible, but the rapping over them was not even close to the level of the beat. Do not fill this thread up with G-Unit beats please

Dr. Dre - Xxplosive
Killarmy - Wu Renegades
Gang Starr - DWYCK
Mobb Deep - Quiet Storm (first two verses)
Wu-Tang - Careful (Click, Click)

those are just a few, gimme some more
WHAT!!!

Bedlam
11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
^ I'm guessing some of my choices offended you?

Aqueous Moon
11-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Kanye West....period

Like I love the beat for jesus walks...I just thinks his flow his so ordinary

dooboy
11-11-2005, 02:40 PM
couple of skit type tracks of the W - yesh, yesh ya'll and the original the W beat always thought they would have been great full length tracks

'krs one attacks' of return of the boom bap. its a great dj premier intro but it was more then good enough for an intro

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
^ I'm guessing some of my choices offended you? NAH NOT AT ALL fam,you have ya own opinion and i can respect that but i do think quiet storm was beautiful executed,explosive was murked by tha 1st cat nah mean....

Rakaar
11-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Was listening to Live By the Gun yesterday. I know it's G-Unit but its such a sick beat. A Wu member could have made that a classic.

Murdah Piff
11-11-2005, 03:41 PM
immortal technique wasted that sierra maestra beat by turnin it into a 30 second skit, but in the booklet he said he did to make niggas mad at the fact that he would take a sick ass beat and make a skit out of it

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-11-2005, 06:16 PM
immortal technique wasted that sierra maestra beat by turnin it into a 30 second skit, but in the booklet he said he did to make niggas mad at the fact that he would take a sick ass beat and make a skit out of it
yeah i read that...I agree

Orion Nebulus
11-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Theres two I can think of....the beat in the begining of "chamber music" and that beat in the begining and in the middle of "thang thang". Two beats that Rza should have used as whole tracks.

Iron Fist
11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
I agree...

Iron Fist
11-11-2005, 07:12 PM
There's one skit (with a classical beat) at the beginning of the song ''Stone Garden'' of Psycho Realm that should have been used for a whole song. I'm not sure many people know this song.

Dante
11-11-2005, 07:48 PM
almost all of Eminem's Marshal Mathers LP. Don't get me wrong i do like the album a little, but his bitching and him trying to act all hard and contraversial on that album really annoyed me. The production is fucking great tho. Dre's best produced album IMO

GENERAL WISE
11-11-2005, 08:16 PM
MARIA
the lyrics are dope but I hate the theme of the track
the beat is one of my favorites on forever

Kennings
11-11-2005, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=Wu-Matic]
J-Kwon - Hood Hop (obvious choice but I really liked this beat)
QUOTE]

See now you beat me...that beat shoulda been ripped.

"Grindin" until Sizzla and Kardinal Offishall remixed it

Man, I feel like its so many that I cant even think of anymore...but those two immediately popped into my mind

J-DON
11-11-2005, 08:52 PM
All those beats Neptunes gave NORE!

Outta Control Remix

S.A.N.T.A.N.A (most Juelz santana songs, this one especially with that terrible hook!)

Still Tippin

Bow Wow - The Don The Dutch, Like You (if it was just a ciara song it would be dope IMO)

Baby - Clap That Boy

The Game - Runnin

Capone and Noreaga - Phone Time

Drunken Master - 50 Niggaz Deep

Memphis Bleek - Round Here

TLC - Creep (Dope song, woulda been EVEN doper if an ill rapper was on it)

The First 5 seconds of Xzibit - What You See is What You get... Sometimes im just rewinding back to that loop for like 4 mins straight!

Do Or Die - Higher

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-11-2005, 09:01 PM
TLC - Creep (Dope song, woulda been EVEN doper if an ill rapper was on it)

you gotta be fuckin kiddin me

Meta4
11-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Jadakiss & Styles P - We Gonna Make It

I can't ever talk to you again. And the Sierra Maestra reminded me of the beat to "Homeland And Hip-Hop", the skit that Mumia was on. Wasted beat that is sick as fuck. Don't get me wrong, Mumia dropped knowledge but I'da rather heard someone rappin' over it.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-11-2005, 10:15 PM
yeah you got the scenario right, but cmon you can't tell me you hated that song.......WE GON MAKE IT!!!! I love that shit....but anyway Alchemist makes real bangers, he is definently one of the top producers of our time

Marc051
11-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Duckie - Northstar, they rhyme like elementary school kids on this song

KBOS
11-12-2005, 01:42 AM
you gotta be fuckin kiddin me
Why? That would be pretty ill with the right flow

Murdah Piff
11-12-2005, 02:37 AM
diplomats - dipset anthem

paul wall - sittin sidewayz

mike jones - still tippin

paul wall ruins the papoose track ridin shotgun with weak verses

tony yayo - homicide

u-gor ruined still grimey

mad emcees ruined think differently

shiest but is a shitty emcee he gets outshined by the beats

deadlymelody
11-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Shaolin What skit off of Tical 2000. Should have been a full song.

Iron Fist
11-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Duckie - Northstar, they rhyme like elementary school kids on this song
Actually everything Northstar said on this album was wack, you'd have to include ''Luv Allah'' and '' Crazy''

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-12-2005, 01:39 PM
man,there was this one track i heard ugk on..my God the beat was lovely,i heard it of a mix cd so i dont know what the title was but man,it could be something my man blazah blazay could rip

cap
11-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Dipset/camron-somebody Gonna Die Tonite

westvillain
11-12-2005, 02:34 PM
The St. Ide's Commercial... its still an ill song but its only a minute long... shouldve been used on an album for a full length cut..

also if anyone's heard the intro to Jeru the Damaja's album Wrath of the Math it has an extremely ill beat thats just talked over

THE W
11-12-2005, 02:40 PM
i cant agree with wu renegades being wasted but i can agree on careful.

the great siege
the grunge
fast cars
biochemical equation

baby jesus
11-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Birdman Over The Bad News Bears Theme I Always Wanted Someone To Spit To That To Bad It Was Him.

AK Spray
11-12-2005, 03:32 PM
MAN.. How can u say that bout "Careful"???? That track is sooo ill.

GENERAL WISE
11-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Stimulation

GSTYLE
11-12-2005, 06:17 PM
My Momma - Warren G
Outta Control Remix - 50 Cent & Mobb Deep. Chorus was great, lyrics was crap
Til The End - Lloyd Banks. Goddamn that gotta be one of Eminem's best beats!
In My Life - Juvenile. His rappin just sounds so lazy and usually its intentionally off-beat, but this is just plain horrible. Manny Fresh really showed some skills on that beat
Pump It Up! - Joe Budden, he ruined that beat. plain and simple
Most of Dip Set's beats are brilliant, their rapping destroys it. Especially Im Back by juels santana with that ridiculous chorus.

GSTYLE
11-12-2005, 06:29 PM
oh yeah, "Higher" by Game. That gotta be Dre's best beat in years. sounds like he had a whole studio full of people performing live instrments like an orchestra or some shit. Dissaponiting rhymes apart from a few one liners.

9th Warrior
11-12-2005, 07:00 PM
dipset anthem--- beat was wild but the lyrics were lackin

WUHEADSINCE93
11-13-2005, 08:11 PM
all the beats on big shugs new lp, counter punch was ill becouse Guru killed it but Shug.....

Murdah Piff
11-14-2005, 12:26 AM
all the beats on big shugs new lp, counter punch was ill becouse Guru killed it but Shug..... big shug would "do ya"

the insignificant
11-14-2005, 07:18 AM
agree with everyone who said sierra maestra...

also there's a few over the years that premo has used for interludes on various albums... 24-7-365 on daily operation comes to mind... there's also one off afu ra's first album... can't remember where it is, but it's a real choppy string arrangement... would have been amazing...

Wu-Tang 9
11-14-2005, 12:13 PM
couple of skit type tracks of the W - yesh, yesh ya'll and the original the W beat always thought they would have been great full length tracks

'krs one attacks' of return of the boom bap. its a great dj premier intro but it was more then good enough for an intro

KRS-One attacks is a sweet way to open one of my fav cds of all time

Meta4
11-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Dipset/camron-somebody Gonna Die Tonite
I agree so much but only cuz Freekey fucked it up. I don't wanna hear him yell for 2 fuckin' minutes.

Brand New Funk
11-14-2005, 02:54 PM
S.A.S-From New York To U.K.

11-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Juvenile - Back that azz up

Meta4
11-14-2005, 03:49 PM
^^^ That song is classic.