PDA

View Full Version : How overrated is 9th Wonder?

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Man his beats are so plain! Theyre so bland I cant stand to listen to them. Ive got the listening and it makes me fall asleep. Anyone could make the beats he does. People say hes just "simplistc" - no hes not, hes just crap. I like simplistic beats but he is just boredom.

baby jesus
11-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah I Defiently Thinks He's Overrated He's Alright Some Good Beats Some Bad Ones He Seems Like 50/50 I Dont Like That Ratio.

Richard Nixon
11-11-2005, 05:35 PM
9th gets alot of hate...but I think his beats are knockin

peace

Orion Nebulus
11-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Who ever said 9th wonder is overrated??? He's a very ill ass producer....I simply love his beats. To me I think he's a little underrated when it comes to some of the top producers.

Analyze
11-11-2005, 05:54 PM
I think the nigga does what a producer/DJ is suppose to do and thats play his position. The beat isnt suppose to drown out the emcee and the emcee shouldnt have to ride no wack shit neither. Most of these producers scream all over they shit, fuck that your work is suppose to speak for it's self. You wont see Premo/RZA screamin all over there work. Peace

Wu Forever

Wzarecta
11-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I love his work on Murs' 3:16 The 9th Edition, don't know whether he just fits well with Murs or what because the only tracks I like from the Minstrel Show are Beautiful Morning, All For You and Watch Me. He's boring me now, same shitty drums all the time.

Meta4
11-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Man his beats are so plain! Theyre so bland I cant stand to listen to them. Ive got the listening and it makes me fall asleep. Anyone could make the beats he does. People say hes just "simplistc" - no hes not, hes just crap. I like simplistic beats but he is just boredom.

Suck a dick you hater. 9th is not over-rated one bit. What the fuck can you do with F.L.???? not a tenth of what he can.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-11-2005, 06:03 PM
if you listen to Kaze's Spirit of 94 you'd know that 9th wonder is far from overrated

Crazy K
11-11-2005, 06:04 PM
9th is great, Minstrel Show beats were off the hook.

Orion Nebulus
11-11-2005, 06:14 PM
9th is great, Minstrel Show beats were off the hook.

Yup...Im loving that album right now.

Crazy K
11-11-2005, 06:26 PM
^Hear that song cheatin?

I say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! Wanted to make you my wife!
And I sayd 6, 7, 8, 9, 10! Wnated you to be my friend!
And i say 11, 12, 13, 14, 15! Can'y find a word that rhymes with 15!

lol, shit was funny as hell

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
11-11-2005, 06:37 PM
i can guarentee you that the work 9th wonder did for Kaze is better than anything he's ever done for anyone else

Jamal Noor
11-11-2005, 06:59 PM
underrated if anything.

MaShPG
11-11-2005, 07:52 PM
yea, mos def underrated. listen to the beats:

"Supa Luv" by Jean Grae
"No Comparison" by Buckshot
"Starvation" by Little Brother
"All For You" by Little Brother
and my favorite, "H.U.S.T.L.E.R." by Murs

classics.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-11-2005, 08:28 PM
9th wonder is sick with his beats man the listening and the minstrel show are great lps man

Polocash7
11-11-2005, 09:22 PM
9th wonder is sick with his beats man the listening and the minstrel show are great lps manCo signs. The Chittlin' Circuit 1 and 1.5 are banging. The Justus League mixtapes are hot,too. 9th does the damn thing. He's worth every penny I've spent on shit he's produced

BRONZBODY
11-11-2005, 09:34 PM
fuck yeah love dat dude,murs 316 was his best work

Miliato
11-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Minstrel Show was crazzzyyy, 9th did a nice job on Chemistry too

mn2683
11-12-2005, 01:06 AM
the minstrel show is one of the best albums to come out in the past few years....still lives through is one of my fav songs

killabee_1993
11-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Murs 3:16 is an amazing album, when I heard that, I couldnt believe my ears. I dont really think hes overrated at all, he is just finally getting media exposure and with the release of the Minstrel show, he is getting the appreciation he deserves. Its a shame that when they mention 9th on tv and in most magazines, they only mention his track on the Black Album and some track he did with Destiny's Child. They need to put out the word on how ill the Listening was and will always be, and of course about Murs' album. The real good shit. Minstrel Show was a really good album, put personally I liked the Listening far better. Its a weird comparison, but I think 9th is kinda where Swizz Beatz was at where his stuff is starting to just sound basically the same and he needs to take time to focus his craft and bring it back to what it could be

FrenchShin
11-12-2005, 06:30 AM
the guy is good to pick samples and put them together to make a beat. but he really needs to try much more drums...

i was very disappointed with The Minstrel Show, especially after listening to Pooh's "Sleepers", that was an amazing album, with dope production.

and yeah, he did a grat job for Jean Grae.

snapple
11-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Man his beats are so plain! Theyre so bland I cant stand to listen to them. Ive got the listening and it makes me fall asleep. Anyone could make the beats he does. People say hes just "simplistc" - no hes not, hes just crap. I like simplistic beats but he is just boredom.you don't produce stop talking...anyone can make the beats he does? bullshit, who else is....and why are you hating what have you even heard by 9th, whatd you pick up chemistry yesterday....he's not over-rated at all, who the fuck is giving him such praise. he's a dope producer who is comin with a great unique sound....you should peep the little brother joints before you get so quick to the hating dick rider.

and he's finnaly getting the idea to use more drum kits though....i use to hold that against him hard

THE K-MAN
11-12-2005, 12:35 PM
9th is not overrated