PDA

View Full Version : Man dies after 50 Cent screening

oldie
11-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Hip-hop star 50 Cent has said he is "saddened" after a fatal shooting at a Pennsylvania cinema where his film Get Rich Or Die Tryin' was screening.

Sheldon Flowers, 30, was shot three times at the Loews Cineplex at West Homestead, near Pittsburgh, after an argument broke out between four people.

Police said Mr Flowers, who died in hospital, was carrying an unregistered gun without a permit.

The film - based on 50 Cent's life - has caused controversy in the US.

The rapper - whose real name is Curtis Jackson - has been shot nine times, spent time in prison and dealt drugs.

He told US network ABC: "I feel for the victim's family in this situation.

"But, you know, these weren't kids. This was a 30-year-old man who had a dispute with three other guys."

Billboards removed

Police said Mr Flowers - who had just been to see the film - and one other person had fired the shots, but they had no suspects. The row began in the toilet, before spilling out into the lobby. It is not known what film the three men had seen.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40953000/jpg/_40953464_poster.jpg Posters for the film have already caused controversy

Loews said the cinema would stop showing Get Rich Or Die Tryin' while the investigation continued.

In California, billboards promoting the movie were removed from areas near Los Angeles schools after community leaders claimed it glorified violence.

In Ohio, another cinema chain, National Amusements, stopped midnight screenings in a neighbourhood of Toledo, where rioting occurred last month after a neo-Nazi group visited the city.

Police raised concerns that the film could lead to more unrest. The film, which also stars one-time So Solid Crew star Ashley Walters, was released in the UK on 20 January.

from bbc.co.uk

brown_dogg
11-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Yea i heard about that. As much as i dislike 50, I haveta say that pulling his movie of the screen is stupid. I read somewhere that the movie is still playing movies like "A History of Violence" which also a gun-whore movie.

KBOS
11-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Thats no reason to take the film out of the theater, watching the movie didn't kill nobody, a stupid arguement during the movie did

KBOS
11-12-2005, 05:29 PM
taking down posters from this movie is some gay censorship shit. So what if there's a gun in the billbord? So people are going to go out and kill each other because *gasp* 50 cent is shown with a gun in his hand! Anybody who could give a fuck about the billbord has probably seen other picture of him with a gun.

Sicka than aidZ
11-12-2005, 05:29 PM
they're just going to make it twice as expensive to gain access too.

shooting was prolly staged, ill bet everythings staged in his daily life.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-12-2005, 05:32 PM
^ that is going abit far, staging a murder for some publicity

This has nothing to do with with 50 or his movie but is more of a wider social issue

oldie
11-12-2005, 05:45 PM
its bang out of order for taking out of the pictures! like people said, the movie hasnt harmed anyone, somebody has harmed somebody. i think the world has its priorities out of order, its political correctness gone mad, but then again a majority of things are nowadays.

if their taking it down because he's holding a guna and guns equal death or violence then they should ban Cig billboards, Lambert & Butler etc, cos they cause Cancer. its so stupid, but yeah if thats the case - take down fag adverts.

KBOS
11-12-2005, 10:56 PM
its bang out of order for taking out of the pictures! like people said, the movie hasnt harmed anyone, somebody has harmed somebody. i think the world has its priorities out of order, its political correctness gone mad, but then again a majority of things are nowadays.

if their taking it down because he's holding a guna and guns equal death or violence then they should ban Cig billboards, Lambert & Butler etc, cos they cause Cancer. its so stupid, but yeah if thats the case - take down fag adverts.
Yeah, they might as well just ban people from billboards since we're the ones killing each other, on the real, guns don't aim and point their own triggers.

tajeco
11-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I hope all the 50 Cent fans kill each other, leave us out of it

hellbound
11-13-2005, 06:58 PM
there was also a huge brawl at one of the screenings the other day

DREW-DIE$EL
11-13-2005, 07:04 PM
shit, i didn't know 50 had a gun! I need to go get one too!!

Wu-Tang 9
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM
//that really sux. I wonder how 50 is feeling about this, kinda like puffy??8O//

TUCO
11-13-2005, 09:34 PM
i dislike 50.....and i actually hated the fact that he promotes so much violence and it took THIS long for the censors to notice....and i stronglt agree with them
instead of wasting time with Eminem an shit, they should be on 50's ass (no homo) about all the crazy gun promos....the man promotes violence like candy and it took this much for them to take action
when i seen em posters and billboards i was like "WTF!?" cause he has a gun in evry one of em

as for the incident....it IS kinda stupid the actions the theaters took....but again, its pure violence it promotes anyway