PDA

View Full Version : Do you see a difference here?

blackwisdom
11-12-2005, 06:42 PM
http://www.paulnoll.com/China/Work/Acsi-open-meat-market.jpg
http://www.miseblog.com/images/swan_pork_071103big.JPG
http://www.vegetarismus.ch/bilder/rind33.jpg
http://www.gatewaydiner.com/images/mainmenu/steak.jpg
http://www.vegetarismus.ch/bilder/img/chicken_b_014.jpg
http://www.lsdos.com/Images/chicken7.jpg
http://www.all-creatures.org/ha/img/dog_p16.jpg
http://www.all-creatures.org/ha/img/dog_p15.jpg
http://www.all-creatures.org/ha/img/dog_p20.jpg
http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/monkey-bush-04.jpg
http://www.lakeshoreconn.com/~maverick/lunch.jpg
Isn't it all the same?
I mean meat is meat right?
There's no difference in K-9, monkey, swine, cattle, or chicken meat, is it?
How do you feel about these images?
If you eat chickens and cows, why not dogs and monkeys?
I posted this for healthy dialog. Lets make it good.

Hotep

MaShPG
11-12-2005, 06:53 PM
because it seem inhumane? I dunno, I would try some of those meats I guess, cause there really isn't much of a difference. Why didn't you take it one step further and bring cannibalism into the picture? I think it's just the way we were taught when we were raised. A lot of our decisions today are completely influenced by the first people on earth. If they ate dogs and had pigs as pets, we'd probably do the same thing.

Prolifical ENG
11-12-2005, 06:59 PM
but some people do eat dogs and monkeys.

In the case of the difference, kattle was raised to be eaten....the diet kattle has when it grazes the grass etc.....perhaps it depends on the animals diet that reflects the meat of choice.

blackwisdom
11-12-2005, 07:05 PM
because it seem inhumane? I dunno, I would try some of those meats I guess, cause there really isn't much of a difference. Why didn't you take it one step further and bring cannibalism into the picture? I think it's just the way we were taught when we were raised. A lot of our decisions today are completely influenced by the first people on earth. If they ate dogs and had pigs as pets, we'd probably do the same thing.I would say that it's affected by who we see on the daily.
Africans in america traditionally eat swine because we were fed the scraps from the slave master.
For example chittlings, pigs feet, etc.
But once you learn the parel in something isn't it wise to adjust yourself?
Cannibalism was and is ingrained in many cultures.
To me meat is meat. I don't partake of any of it, but this isn't my primary rational.
Just one of the many things that add to my resolve.

Hotep

cd
11-12-2005, 10:11 PM
It's part of nature for animals to feed on eachother. Humans can be either meat eaters, vegetarians or balanced. We usually choose to eat what our society deems palatable. In the US we don't eat dogs or monkeys bc we think of them as either pets or cute. Different society, different customs. Some people prefer to kill and consume animals, some prefer to kill and consume plants.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-12-2005, 10:14 PM
the food chain cycle

Queen of Toiletry
11-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Eat people.

tajeco
11-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Ribs to me is one of the weirdest things people eat, they actually eat the meat off the ribs

WARPATH
11-13-2005, 10:04 PM
It's part of nature for animals to feed on eachother. Humans can be either meat eaters, vegetarians or balanced. We usually choose to eat what our society deems palatable. In the US we don't eat dogs or monkeys bc we think of them as either pets or cute. Different society, different customs. Some people prefer to kill and consume animals, some prefer to kill and consume plants.
Speak for yourself I live in america and I eat a puppy at least once a year-

the meat on the head is really greasy and i've nibbled on a spine or two, It's good for you and eating puppy is that shit I promote!

but no doubt eating different things is wierd in different cultures, for instance I wouldn't eat an insect unless I was starving

TUCO
11-13-2005, 10:53 PM
i wouldnt eat a dog....i dont like dark meat

iNtell3kT
11-13-2005, 11:06 PM
yo i love chicken and beef and pork, thats about it, i dun even eat fish or any sea food except canned tuna, i dun even eat fish sticks, so as far as K-9 and monkeys, thats a hell no for me, but if i was starvin on a desserted island and i had a dog with me, i'll eat his ass

noel411
11-13-2005, 11:41 PM
I think I had something I was gonna say after I read the first post, but then I got completely lost, and mesmerised by MashPG's sig. Sorry.

36chambers
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
i wouldnt eat a dog....i dont like dark meat
No homo ;)

K.E.G.
11-14-2005, 03:23 AM
Read FOOD OF THE GODS by Terence McKenna and you will get extreme insight to many things including why cattle is so common for almost all people. Cattle was something sacred during the times of mans birth of significant intelligence and abstract thinking.

The wildest thing I've eaten is pussy. Next to that I'd say squid.

K.E.G.
11-14-2005, 03:28 AM
Eating an ape is like eating a nephew......that's out there. But if we were struggling and in need of food we'd turn to cannibalism too.

iNtell3kT
11-14-2005, 03:30 AM
Eating an ape is like eating a nephew......that's out there. But if we were struggling and in need of food we'd turn to cannibalism too.lmao @ red

but yeh your right peopel would do that, get their own clans n shit together and start tearin people apart

WU-KILLAH
11-14-2005, 04:07 AM
To me, meat is meat. Usually it's our cultural roots that tells us what is disgusting and what isn't. Trust me Grasshopers, Snails and Frogs are very good ! *D

Welshkillabee
11-14-2005, 05:57 AM
I think it is different cos with dogs and monkeys cause they are more intelligent than say cows and sheep which are raised to be eaten anyway.

JASPER
11-14-2005, 07:56 AM
If monkey meat, dog meat etc tasted as good as that from a cow, I would have no problem eating it. I know giraffe meat tastes real good.

The reason why we don't eat dogs is because we have them as pets and they probably don't taste good at all.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-14-2005, 10:52 AM
<<alergic to fish

june181972
06-23-2006, 09:05 AM
How many of you have seen the commercial for a certain restaraunt chain where four men are served their dinner and then they proceed one by one to shout:

BEEF
PORK
RIBS
SAUSAGE

I found this advertisement to be disturbing on many levels

WARPATH
06-27-2006, 07:48 PM
I tried giving up pork for a week, but couldn't do it. Just to much things I eat with pork in it.

What Black Wisdom is talking about is Taboos.

For many cultures it's a taboo to eat a dog or a monkey.

I wasn't playing when I siad I eat dog. I feed it to my children, It doesn't phase me a bit, I'll eat puppy meat the same as I'll chew on pork rib or chicken bone.

I come from a culture where Buffalo was once the main staple of the diet. Life revolved around hunting, and living in balance. They ate meat, stayed healthy, lived a long time. It was peace.

froth
06-29-2006, 12:57 PM
The mass killing of animals in society today is the result of human beings following their ego's stance that we are seperate individuals. In reality, all of the universe is interconnected energy. Thus 5% get it half right when they call themselves 'god'. God is also the bird, the tree. These are not 'the god', but these are part of the whole. When we label things, we trivialize them into commodities. Like chickens. But ultimately this self destructive mind set applies to other things as well. Nature, which we ared estroyingin part because we have forgotten that it is sacred. Other human beings.
But people have to eat right? So what is my point. Perhaps my point can best be made by taking a look at some of the oldest cultures, the hunter gatherers. It is fact that there is an ugly side to life. Things have to eat other things. But this seeming vulgairty is self created. What it really is is a constant change. Just as the flowers will one day grow out of your body. When early man was presented the fact that it had to kill to survive, it was hard for their psyches, because they had no real egoic concept of themselves as being seperate from the earth. Meaning, at the very least, they considered animals their equals. To integrat this into their consciousness, they created and performed elaborate rituals to please the animal. One such practice was the symbolic feeding the animal of itself. These ideas applied to nature as well. Even relatively late in human history, when the land was taken from Indians, or allowed to be sold, so to speak, they didnt even understand the concept of land ownership. That is to say, they viewed the earth as unownable, which ultimately is the case.
Now, what does this end up saying? What is my point? The point is wether you eat meat, fish, plants, or what have you, the thing that is important is your perspective. If you realize and believe (rightly so) that you are in a way, eating a part of yourself, or of the whole of which you are a part, a reverence emerges in you. A thankfulness. This is what eating should be. It is hard for someone who acts and thinks correctly to support the wholesale slaughter of animals. But I do not think it is hard for the person to eat meat if his or her mind is in the right place.
Recognize your connectedness with all things. Be still in your mind and watch your ego as it lies to you. Be the watcher of your conditioned thought. As you are still, you are in the moment. From this all true wisdom and insight into life arises.

LHX
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
The mass killing of animals in society today is the result of human beings following their ego's stance that we are seperate individuals. In reality, all of the universe is interconnected energy. Thus 5% get it half right when they call themselves 'god'. God is also the bird, the tree. These are not 'the god', but these are part of the whole. When we label things, we trivialize them into commodities. Like chickens. But ultimately this self destructive mind set applies to other things as well. Nature, which we ared estroyingin part because we have forgotten that it is sacred. Other human beings.
But people have to eat right? So what is my point. Perhaps my point can best be made by taking a look at some of the oldest cultures, the hunter gatherers. It is fact that there is an ugly side to life. Things have to eat other things. But this seeming vulgairty is self created. What it really is is a constant change. Just as the flowers will one day grow out of your body. When early man was presented the fact that it had to kill to survive, it was hard for their psyches, because they had no real egoic concept of themselves as being seperate from the earth. Meaning, at the very least, they considered animals their equals. To integrat this into their consciousness, they created and performed elaborate rituals to please the animal. One such practice was the symbolic feeding the animal of itself. These ideas applied to nature as well. Even relatively late in human history, when the land was taken from Indians, or allowed to be sold, so to speak, they didnt even understand the concept of land ownership. That is to say, they viewed the earth as unownable, which ultimately is the case.
Now, what does this end up saying? What is my point? The point is wether you eat meat, fish, plants, or what have you, the thing that is important is your perspective. If you realize and believe (rightly so) that you are in a way, eating a part of yourself, or of the whole of which you are a part, a reverence emerges in you. A thankfulness. This is what eating should be. It is hard for someone who acts and thinks correctly to support the wholesale slaughter of animals. But I do not think it is hard for the person to eat meat if his or her mind is in the right place.
Recognize your connectedness with all things. Be still in your mind and watch your ego as it lies to you. Be the watcher of your conditioned thought. As you are still, you are in the moment. From this all true wisdom and insight into life arises.

This may be the post of the year so far.

Prince Rai
06-29-2006, 01:27 PM

fucking hell, i second LHX, this definitely is a classic post!
it is very true and incorporates different thoughts together beautifully.

froth u preached something there..

peace

$inista
06-29-2006, 02:51 PM
The wildest thing I've eaten is pussy. Next to that I'd say squid.
lol thats dope
if we were struggling and in need of food we'd turn to cannibalism too.
werd

meet is meet & i am a meet eater but dont know bout eat pets or rats you would have to prepare that shit 4 me, I am a meet eater , dam near every thing else i would slaughter skin pluck gut myself if i had too

JASPER
06-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Recognize your connectedness with all things. Be still in your mind and watch your ego as it lies to you. Be the watcher of your conditioned thought. As you are still, you are in the moment. From this all true wisdom and insight into life arises.Froth, I love you.

Os3y3ris
06-29-2006, 05:54 PM
The issue is in the cpacity or tendency of the animal to seemingly express love or affection. Dogs love people. In fact, they'll often choose humans over their own. That makes it fairly cruel to kill them. Chickens on the other hand dont give a shit about you.

june181972
06-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Everthing happens/exist in threes
Past Present Future
Man Woman Child
**Minerals Plants Animals** (the scientific "kingdoms" of life)

They are obviously connected
But I would not say that the various series of threes are One
The distinctions are too clear, the ability to make a distinction intrinsically separates them

Just like my connection with other humans stops at some point
So does my connection with the other forms of life

froth
06-29-2006, 11:58 PM
June, I am making a distinction between form and the formless. We appear as seperate entities, but all is one. As for 'past present future', the only thing you ever can be truly conscious in is the 'now'. Thus the simple sutra-like beauty of the statement 'be here now'. The ability to make a distinction is characteristic of egoic thought. You can be assured the dinstinctions we make reflexively today are a form of madness. Your connection never stops, even when you don't believe it.

supremecharma
06-30-2006, 04:17 AM

u got mad knowledge....

eVoL
06-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Man = wolves (dogs)

why would i eat my brothers

june181972
06-30-2006, 07:52 PM
June, I am making a distinction between form and the formless. We appear as seperate entities, but all is one. As for 'past present future', the only thing you ever can be truly conscious in is the 'now'. Thus the simple sutra-like beauty of the statement 'be here now'. The ability to make a distinction is characteristic of egoic thought. You can be assured the dinstinctions we make reflexively today are a form of madness. Your connection never stops, even when you don't believe it.

"Form and formless?"
I thought this thread was about killing animals and eating meat
You were talking about birds and plants etc..
Where did this formless stuff come from?

Past present and future was ONLY an example of how things come in threes
(I feel sorry for anyone that is not concious of their past and future)
(And lets not play semantics with your usage of the words "truly concious")

Another example Simple math:
It takes three points to actually create space (finite space)

My main point as it applies to your post:
Minerals, plants, and animals are connected but are easily distinguishable forms of life.

I have not chosen to refine my diet because of some ethereal connection I am supposed to have with a cow, chicken or a scallop
But because of the simple fact that certain forms of food will put an unnecesssary strain on my body
thus worsening my health and shortenning my life span

"Egoic thought" is chracteristic of Humans a.k.a. Homo sapiens a.k.a. the most intelligent form life on this planet

Madness would be someone that does not distinguish themsleves mentally, phyisically, emotionally, spiritually etc.. from a cow, chicken or scallop.

Aqueous Moon
06-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Peace June.....very nice post. That was some plain truth. Beautiful!

froth
07-01-2006, 09:49 AM
"Form and formless?"
I thought this thread was about killing animals and eating meat
You were talking about birds and plants etc..
Where did this formless stuff come from?
god.

Past present and future was ONLY an example of how things come in threes
(I feel sorry for anyone that is not concious of their past and future)
(And lets not play semantics with your usage of the words "truly concious")
I wasnt playing semantics by any stretch of the imagination. Were the oldest humans 'playing semantics'? What is your future June? Do you think it will happen exactly as you assume? Are you in your future as we speak? No, you can only be in the present. There is only the now. This is plain truth. Many peoples pasts serve as a mechanism to serve the ego.

Another example Simple math:
It takes three points to actually create space (finite space)

My main point as it applies to your post:
Minerals, plants, and animals are connected but are easily distinguishable forms of life.
I dont see what the quarrel is. If they are connected, they are connected. Are you saying you disagree with not only the spiritual aspect of what I am saying but also the scientific?

I have not chosen to refine my diet because of some ethereal connection I am supposed to have with a cow, chicken or a scallop
But because of the simple fact that certain forms of food will put an unnecesssary strain on my body
Your sarcasm might make Aquaous titter a bit, but the summary of this paragraph is that you only give a shit about yourself; typical egoic perspective. No judgement; been there, done that.

"Egoic thought" is chracteristic of Humans a.k.a. Homo sapiens a.k.a. the most intelligent form life on this planet
While it is certainly characteristic of humans, it has not always been, nor do I think it follows that we are the most intelligent species on the planet by any stretch of the imagination. Why are you 'more intelligent'? Cause you use a fork? Human beings are the most self destructive animal in existence. We destroy each other on a mass scale. We fight over nothing. We kill each other for nothing.

Madness would be someone that does not distinguish themsleves mentally, phyisically, emotionally, spiritually etc.. from a cow, chicken or scallop.
All is one, but I understand your perspective. You feel almost insulted to think of yourself on 'that level'. It is symptomatic of wherre we are right now.

responses in bold print

Aqueous Moon
07-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by froth
Your sarcasm might make Aquaous titter a bit, but the summary of this paragraph is that you only give a shit about yourself; typical egoic perspective. No judgement; been there, done that.

I just appreciated the way June presented his knowledge. It was clear and it was very well stated.

I didn't recognize sarcasm when I read it so maybe that is just your "ego" being defensive.

The first law of nature is self-perservation. That's how I would summarize the above paragraph.

june181972
07-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Froth,

If you believe God is formless, we will just have to disagree. That would be a whole other thread.

The present is gone just as quickly as it comes. Just snap your fingers, it is transitory. Time always moves, and wise men 'try' their best to move with it and maximize all 3 phases of it.
(Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance)

If this was a quarrel, it would be with the fact that you are not talking anything scientific at all. There is nothing mystical about the intentions of my diet. And just like Aqueous said: The SCIENTIFIC 1st law of nature, self-preservation. I can do little to nothing for the rest of the world if I am dead. As opposed to what I can do in life.

Why are humans the most intelligent form of life: The knowledge of good and evil.
Here goes those threes again-> Good, Indifferent, Evil.
Since no one lives in a vacuum, the Indifferent is as transitory as the aforementioned Present. Its 2006 get off that happy-go-lucky shit. A murderer is not neccessarily unintelligent, but they are an evil savage.

All is one? Then where does arithmetic come from? -> 1,2,3,4...
Where does past present and future come from?
What is the purpose of math and science if all is one?
You ain't me and I ain't you.
Wise men/scientist don't spend their time extrapolating 1.
Like I said before: I would insane to put myself on the level of a mulberry tree.

dimi
07-01-2006, 04:07 PM
i dont eat ayting dat eats meat
so eating dogs is a no no

froth
07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
peace june

i gave simple instructions so that everyone can prove it to themselves

i have better things to do than lie to you all

but im no teacher

LORD NOSE
01-16-2011, 12:04 AM
up

Barry Whyte
01-16-2011, 12:17 AM
i would eat the face of a school teacher if i was hungry enough
if you see it moving eat it no time to be picky about it

LORD NOSE
09-04-2012, 04:16 PM
i would eat the face of a school teacher if i was hungry enough
if you see it moving eat it no time to be picky about it

i bet you would

LORD NOSE
07-06-2013, 02:20 PM
lol up

ShaDynasty
07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
wow, i just wrote like 5 different responses. apparently i don't know what i think about this.

um, i kind of want to start an exclusive restaurant. the plan is to to hunt all the pandas in the world, charge an exorbitant price for my 'last panda platters' and retire.

fuck animals, i should be allowed to snap my pet cats neck, chop it up and throw it in a stew if i feel like it and not be looked on by society as an oddball. or more of an oddball. i paid for the little fucker.

its just culture, its different. i don't think its weird to eat a dog but i do think its weird to force women to cover up wearing a burkha. some culture is just exotic and different, some of it is irrational and scary.

check two
07-06-2013, 05:12 PM
If you killed the other animals(humans) and put them in the soup, some people would probably pay a higher dollar amount.

LORD NOSE
07-06-2013, 05:25 PM
If you killed the other animals(humans) and put them in the soup, some people would probably pay a higher dollar amount.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9925/kffd.jpg

LORD NOSE
07-07-2013, 12:24 PM
MNr4tgTEOMs