PDA

View Full Version : Euthanasia - your view?

JASPER
11-14-2005, 01:44 PM
What's your view? Should assisted euthanasia be legal (where a doctor provides a dose that the person must administer themselves at home), or should the full active euthanasia be allowed (where the doctor administers the dose for the patient)?

My view is that full euthanasia should be legal but only with extensive discussion for each individual case. It shouldn't be an easy process or something taken on a whim. I also don't agree with the proposed rule that it could only be applied where the patient has less that 6 months to live. That to me excludes some of the people that 'need' euthanasia the most - those that are vegetablised and who can't have anywhere near a decent quality of life but who aren't 'due' to die imminently. I think proposals where the patient has to administer the dose themselves also exclude those wanting it the most. How are you supposed to administer a medication when you're in a vegative state?

LHX
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
assisted?
no

if a person wants to do themselves in bad enough then they should have to find their own way

JASPER
11-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Some people simply are too sick to 'find their own way'.

Aqueous Moon
11-14-2005, 03:49 PM
If a person's physical death is immenent I don't see why they can't have it on their on terms.

However, who's to say that a sick person is definitely going to die in a certain amount of time?

Doctors have been known to be wrong about such things so I think it is safer not to assist sick people in committing suicide.

LHX
11-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Some people simply are too sick to 'find their own way'.
then let the ground swallow them

My First Timbs
11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
all 4 it

baby jesus
11-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah I Dont Have A Problem With It If It Is Discussed And Length And People Are Sure They Want It. Some People Are In Sever Pain Before They Die When It's Immenintly Going To Happen I Say Relieve Them Of The Pain If They Would Like.

tajeco
11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
I think the youth in Asia are being influened by American culture :)

And for euthanasia, it should be up to the person and their family, the government needs to shut the fuck up.

Fr@z
11-14-2005, 06:01 PM
lets get the euthanasia vans out for everyone over 60

damaja
11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
It should be legal. In fact, it should be the law, but only to babies, black ones.

JASPER
11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
It should be legal. In fact, it should be the law, but only to babies, black ones.That would be one crime fighter.

crass
11-14-2005, 06:24 PM
it depends. my grandparents are in their late 80s and my grandfather is in poor physical health but good mental health; my grandmother is in good physical health but has severe alzheimer's. they spend thousands of dollars a month continuing their lives of pain. but at the same time i can't advocate "putting them to sleep"

but in cases of being a vegetable then why the hell not

Machete
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM
It should be legal. In fact, it should be the law, but only to babies, black ones.Excuse me?

tajeco
11-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Damaja, are you confusing euthanasia for infanticide, that's when they kill the babies at birth, they do it a lot to girls born in China

JASPER
11-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Damaja isn't to be taken seriously. Except when he poses with Japanese people infront of a city carnaval...

http://www.thecorpse.com/corpsterdam%202005/damajachinks.jpg

Meta4
11-14-2005, 08:56 PM
I say kill everyone under the age of 35 so everyone left is fairly knowledgeable. Then with their combined brainpower they can re-invent the world and re-write the Constitution and re-form the Gov't. After they have done this they can gain all knowledge of the human genome and "make" new people that won't have any mental or physical problems but rather "shut-down" after a hefty life span of 90 years. Hopefully they make social-security work and have free health care for all but hey, I can't ask for a perfect world......

or can I????

tajeco
11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
is that really Damaja with the Asians, that's hilarious

JASPER
11-14-2005, 09:09 PM
is that really Damaja with the Asians, that's hilariousYes, he's right behind them with his head popping out.

damaja
11-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Damaja, are you confusing euthanasia for infanticide, that's when they kill the babies at birth, they do it a lot to girls born in ChinaI know exactly what I am saying.

Euthanasia:
The act or practice of ending the life of an individual suffering from a terminal illness or an incurable condition, as by lethal injection or the suspension of extraordinary medical treatment.LOL, BLACK BABIES!.

Aqueous Moon
11-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh wow this kinda talk really hurts my feelings, because I am Black and I was once a baby. I will go to Africa now.

urbanlegendmf
11-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Euthanasia Is For Queers

LHX
11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
why do we put so much value and emphasis on the individual human life?

it would be like buying a truck full of rice and then cooking it one grain at a time

fuck

why dont they make it exciting?

put a skateboard ramp on the top of the hospital and put some rockets on a wheel chair and let them go to town

drop them from airplanes

shoot them into the air with firecrackers in their mouths

let them be stunt doubles for hazardous scenes in movies

so often it seems like people think that the universe would implode if somebody bites the dust

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

so...
hows your girl?

damaja
11-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Hahahahahaha, funniest thing all week.

tajeco
11-15-2005, 07:13 PM
why do we put so much value and emphasis on the individual human life?

it would be like buying a truck full of rice and then cooking it one grain at a time
that's a good one, I like that