PDA

View Full Version : lacy calzaghe fight to be confirmed

Prince Rai
11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4436546.stm

finally!
hope it happens! cant wait!

and also,
i heard mike tyson say today on sky sports news that he wants to fight antonio tarver.
apparently they have been talking and, mike has some "friends" in dubai or sumin, who will sponsor the fight etc etc..

haha, boxing remains great!

Roman Deini
11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
tyson in trouble again tho.

but anyway calzaghe a bitch, dude aint even fighting outside his own country.

Big Bad Man
11-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Da fuck man, RIP eddie, viva la rassa. I went to braehead arena to see the wwe coz of that man himself, sucks man.

Anyhow, I donno if that shit wit Tyson is true, tarver would be crushed. I reckon after Lacys last performance he will beat calzaghe, looks stronger than ever and joe is on the decline. Peace.

Sergio
11-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Lacy going to fuk up Calzaghe!

Dirt W McGirt
11-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Are you kidding? How can anyone still have faith in Tyson?? Tarver will frusterate Mike and win an easy UD.

benzo
11-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Sweet. I'm tired of all the delays, ready to see somebody unify super-middle and bring some attention to that division. I would say Lacy by KO but I've never seen the other dude fight and I know he's no chump-champ. Tarver needs to call out legit fighters, tired of all his bullshit too. He's gonna ride that RJJ wave for as long as he can. And Tyson.......still a 3-4 round fighter. Tarver wouldn't even get near him in the first 4-5 rounds cause he's never felt Heavyweight power and everybody knows that Mike can still throw as hard as anybody still. He has more than a "puncher's chance." Plus Tarver's not even a "heavy puncher" anyway....could be somewhat interesting. And yeah, I like Iron Mike....

Sergio
11-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Sweet. I'm tired of all the delays, ready to see somebody unify super-middle and bring some attention to that division. I would say Lacy by KO but I've never seen the other dude fight and I know he's no chump-champ. Tarver needs to call out legit fighters, tired of all his bullshit too. He's gonna ride that RJJ wave for as long as he can. And Tyson.......still a 3-4 round fighter. Tarver wouldn't even get near him in the first 4-5 rounds cause he's never felt Heavyweight power and everybody knows that Mike can still throw as hard as anybody still. He has more than a "puncher's chance." Plus Tarver's not even a "heavy puncher" anyway....could be somewhat interesting. And yeah, I like Iron Mike....
Hey I like Mike too. I hope he knock the fuck out of B fighter Tarver. I am so tired of B fighters acting like they A fighters.

A fighters in the game
Mayweather A+
Winky A

that is it, everyone else is B. sorry Tarver, Mr. I am the best because I beat over the hill Roy Jones. Please you punch like a bitch. Wait until Tyson clocks your ass

Prince Rai
11-15-2005, 03:36 PM
hmm true true,

and to be honest, mr tyson wont go into a fight if he knew hed lose that badly that his entire image just for boxing will get further shat on.

basically, i still think tarver has a chance, but as the dons said above....

tyson still has his fukkan punch that tarver cant even get trhough operationsss!!

as for joe... hmm good luck 2 him...

he hasnt fought any1 like lacy for a while... and lacy is on fiiiiiiiiiire!

Dirt W McGirt
11-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Tarver's not a heavy puncher? Are you serious? I hate Tarver and would love to see Mike knock his head off but Tarver is smart enough to stay away and coast to an easy 10 round decision. The only way the fight doesn't reach the cards is if Mike quits or gets DQ'd because they both have solid chins.

Prince Rai
11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
^ true dats why im not sayn tarver cudnt win.. if he drags the fight on he has a chance...

but cmon have u seen the power of his punches?

Roman Deini
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
tyson lost that power. he dont punch that hard anymore like in his early days. plus tyson only wants to fight if he gets like 10 million or something. dude dont even wanna box anymore all he does now is partying, acting a fool with bobby brown on jimmy kimmel etc. he aint motivated anymore.

benzo
11-15-2005, 07:04 PM
DIRT-yeah, i'm serious. Tarver is not known as a knock-out artist (Tyson, Lacy, Barrera). he's got one hell of straight left, but we're not talkin George Foreman power here with both hands. plus he ain't no Mayweather when it comes to defense, either. if Mike mugged him for 3-4 rounds, shit....... shit would probably go down like you described, though. peace-

Dirt W McGirt
11-15-2005, 07:11 PM
I agree he's no Foreman, but he does have a lot of power with his left. Tarver's main problem is that he takes too many rounds off and gets lazy during the fight, but I made the mistake of believeing in Tyson against McBride, I can't make that mistake again.

benzo
11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I agree he's no Foreman, but he does have a lot of power with his left. Tarver's main problem is that he takes too many rounds off and gets lazy during the fight, but I made the mistake of believeing in Tyson against McBride, I can't make that mistake again.
I hear ya, man. I just remember how the Danny Williams fight was before "the knee injury". Tyson was straight up unloading and Williams was hanging on for dear life. I don't think Tarver would take those shots as well as Williams, and that's saying a lot cause Williams sucks. Imagine your first punch from a heavyweight coming from Tyson. I don't think Tarver will be able to maintain unless he pulls a bitch move like de la Hoya tried on Trinidad. Peace...

Dirt W McGirt
11-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Tarver isn't going to get in there and trade with Mike, he'll make a boring fight out of it. Either that or he'll make Mike snap before the fight and it'll get cancelled.

hectis
11-15-2005, 11:31 PM
I Am Happy To See Lacy And Calzaghe Will Fight It Should Be A War But I Think Lacy Wins By A 10th Round Ko Now As Far As Tyson Vs Tarver Si Why I Means Whats The Point If Tyson Win He'll Easly Lose To Some C Class Fighter Like The Last 2 Loses If Tarver Wins It Is Vs A Washed Up Tyson And The Sad Thing Is If Tarver Wins He'll Get A Title Fight For Winning Vs A Washed Up Tyson There Is So Much Better Fights Tarver Can Have And Tyson Is Done Why Risk Your Health And Place In Boxing History Yeah I Know About The Money But Still Tarver Should Fight The Winner Of Lacy/calzaghe That Is My Point Of View

Prince Rai
11-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Tarver isn't going to get in there and trade with Mike, he'll make a boring fight out of it. Either that or he'll make Mike snap before the fight and it'll get cancelled.
thats true

realistically for the sport of boxing, tyson v tarver makes no supreme sense, but..it is something for entertainment though!

whether tarver will allow the fight to be a fight is a doubt, tarver wouldnt want the infamous tyson punch on him, tarver will most likely take the fight into the distance to capitalise on Tysons aging fatique.
also, if the fight were to happen, it would happen in like dubai possibly, and its kinda hot there. so that may have to be taken into account for tyson if there wnt be climate control.

peace

Big Bad Man
11-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Tyson would still KO tarver man, come on peoples. Who has the man beat? RJJ is an old man now, forget the fact they both same age kinda, RJJ peaked about 8 years ago. No light heavy would do well against a big punching heavyweight, if they could they would move up in weight.

Prince Rai
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
lol i know...
its a dificult call... but then i remember saying how tyson would beat mcbride etc etc..
it would be a good fight to watch just for the fun of it!
a good test for both, especially tarver.

peace bbm