PDA

View Full Version : Get rich or die tryin

HANZO
11-14-2005, 04:11 PM
I just watched this film and most say its one of the most over the top gangsta films ever. The first thing i realised was how bad 50 cent is as an actor, the guy has no facial expressions just the same face for 2 and a half hours. If someone says this film depcits his life, wrong!!! if it did he would be known for being a drug dealer rather than a rapper. Its over done its taken bits from other gangsta films and tried to base it around his life. its got a bit of scarface and a lot of goodfellas in it. A film like this gloryfies being a gangsta.
i must say though it is watchable as it has a lot of good parts to it. But overall i saw this film as an over the top less realistic new york version of boyz in the hood. But its a kinda alright way of spending 2 hours, (if u aint got nothing to do) not a film i would watch in the cinema.
i give it a 5/10, decent film.

MaShPG
11-14-2005, 08:22 PM
i ain't seeing this shit simply from the commercial. i was so mad when some bitch said to 50 in the commercial something like "don't let them take your message away".

I thought G-Unit was dead anyways?

kingidivine
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
i just want to see it for joy bryant. i won't give 50 my $8 though, so I'll wait til it hits the dollar theatre

Gullyma
11-14-2005, 09:15 PM
i seen it in theather i think is a hot movie i ma buy it went it comes out

Potent1
11-15-2005, 12:49 AM
oh my!

crass
11-15-2005, 03:08 AM
I thought G-Unit was dead anyways?

soon.

b·baby36
11-15-2005, 03:55 AM
^ You Sound So Fuckin Stupid When U Post! Theather?! I Think "is A Hot Movie?! I "ma" Buy It?! Shut The Fuck Up Retard! You Sound Retarded U Fuckin Handicapped Fuck! Shut The Fuck Up! Jesus, People Must Get More Stupid Just By Reading Your Fuckin Posts! God, Read A Book Bitch! Your An Embarassment 2 The English Language
Who are you to talk? you type using a capital for every word,get a life. +)

Ink Is My Drink
11-15-2005, 04:24 AM
it has 50 cent in *walks out of thread*

Big Risk
11-15-2005, 10:31 AM
^Yo my best friend is jamaican, quit beefin damn it man. And why would you make fun of jamaicans?? Stupid.

TrueDciple
11-15-2005, 12:08 PM
It was a decent movie, better then 8mile and i dont regret paying for it...

Peace!

SurreaL
11-15-2005, 08:24 PM
I just watched this film and most say its one of the most over the top gangsta films ever. The first thing i realised was how bad 50 cent is as an actor, the guy has no facial expressions just the same face for 2 and a half hours. If someone says this film depcits his life, wrong!!! if it did he would be known for being a drug dealer rather than a rapper. Its over done its taken bits from other gangsta films and tried to base it around his life. its got a bit of scarface and a lot of goodfellas in it. A film like this gloryfies being a gangsta.
i must say though it is watchable as it has a lot of good parts to it. But overall i saw this film as an over the top less realistic new york version of boyz in the hood. But its a kinda alright way of spending 2 hours, (if u aint got nothing to do) not a film i would watch in the cinema.
i give it a 5/10, decent film.

Actually 50 was a crack dealer, and that part when he went to school and got busted, that's true too.

KIND
11-16-2005, 02:54 PM
can u atleast read it? yeah thats what I thought. Go peel a banana or sumthin u stupid Jamaican, stay Irie k Mon? we be jammin, call me now 4 a bomboklot reatin boyoDam son u heated like some Jamaicans trained ya momz 21 years ago & u dont know who father is?

Anyway
Back to the subject.
I dont like half a dolla's music but the movie was good.
Everyone has at least one good movie in them & this was Curtis's
After Get Rich... I cant see his acting career going anywhere but then again Hollywood is full of idiots

By the way where the fuck was the G-Unit, not Banks, Yayo, & them but Smurf & Dom
or whoever the original members were. Curtis didnt do it alone

Wu-Tality
11-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Id rather see RZA's debut : )

Rebel_INS
02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Yea my friends went to go see it, but I didnt go watch it cause I dont wanna see 50 for 2 hours straight. But I heard his acting is horrible.

RynMur
02-05-2006, 01:39 AM
"I'd rather die like a man, then live like a coward" - Pac, I mean 50 in Get Rich or Die Tryin. Not that great of a movie, no good story line and not really a theme. (D+)

DUTT BEEZY
02-06-2006, 07:54 AM
"you're like a god to me"..........."son...i am god"

as far as good movies go, it was whatever, as far as 1/2 decent rappers in "cash-in" movies.....it was good.

he's a shit actor, you would've thought, with him playing the same character on screen as he does on record, that he would've been more convincing.

watched it a few times, didnt waste my money on it, my friend got a bootleg of it.

to all the people saying, its over the top, its not real, 50 himself said on MTV the other day, that the movie is only 60-70% accurate to his life, the rest is there for entertainments sake.

main thing i didnt like about the flick was the homo-eroticism, him and his crew wandering round his appartment butt-ass, going in shower (morning after party scene), and all that male bonding in the prison shower scene, i know shit like that happens, and probably happened to him, but dam, would you really want to shoot a scene with like 5 other dudes all butt naked and grabbing each other up, hell no i wouldnt.

the best things about the flick = soundtrack, that bitch that plays his girl, and the bitch that plays his mama.

i'm saying this flicks a ghetto 8 mile, dont watch it tryna get info & history on 50, watch it for entertainment value, the more you expect from it, the more you'll be dissapointed.

WARPATH
02-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Why'd you guys watch this movie if you don't like fiddy cent? You guys just heard you'd get a glimpse of fiddy cent's baby dick?

If I wanted to watch people sell crack I'd walk down to the five points