PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Writers

blastfast
11-15-2005, 08:14 PM
I've just had a fat bowl of ak-47, so lets hope my typing remains decent. I was just wondering, cuz well...i find it interesting, do any of you know for sure which of the more famous rappers use a ghost writer for their lyrical content? It's only something i've known about for the past year or so, but i've never really had anyone to ask as i'm new to this site. I'm told Fat Joe definitely uses one, i think that's so lame. I mean, especially some of the poor lyrics by the more mainsteam rappers...wordsmiths like the gza could take a piss and come up with better lyrics, and he doesn't use a ghost writer! But yeah, any info...mainly so i can laugh at weak rappers...would be greatly appreciated.

snapple
11-15-2005, 08:17 PM
fat joe
kanye west
dr.dre

hellbound
11-15-2005, 08:17 PM
dr dre & will smith, im pretty sure

crash2cortex
11-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Ghostwritter? Someone who is dead is writting for these cats?

Naw, I no noone who uses someone else to write their shit. And how can Will Smith use a ghostwritter? His shit is as bad as you think it'd be.

NIGHT MAYOR
11-16-2005, 03:25 AM
i herd jay z did most of dre's shit on 2001 *shrugs*

shadowza
11-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Actually Will Smith's Song "Welcome to Miami" was not written by him. I was surprised my self but NAS wrote the track for Will Smith.

Iamcrack
11-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Yep, i guess Big Willy has other else things to do then write songs.

Brand New Funk
11-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Wrong.Will writes his stuff on his own.I`m abig fan so i know it.It`s true tho that Nas helped him out on "Miami" and "Getting Jigggy With It".

Famous Mc`s with Ghostwriters:
Puffy
Bow Wow

I heard that some of Queen Latifahs Stuff is written by LL Cool J.

benzo
11-16-2005, 12:43 PM
anybody know if kanye does some of his own shit or what? he's got some really personal lyrics and it seems like he would've written at least some of 'em. so is it Jigga that's doing his writing or just different people?
BTW- Ice Cube wrote damn near every lyric on all those early NWA/Easy-E albums......

Knicks
11-16-2005, 01:07 PM
actually ice cube had a ghostwriter by the name of del the funky homosapien. its one of the worst kept secrets in hip hop... Cubes solo work i mean... n u can clearly see the del influence... especially on a track like "today was a good day"

royce da 5;9 penned a few songs on dre 2001....

skillz is also a known ghostwriter for mase n others....

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-16-2005, 01:13 PM
i ghost wrote the whole "wutang forever" album

lol

mark may
11-16-2005, 02:21 PM
i think jr ghostwrites for camron now

pRoTect Ya Neck
11-16-2005, 02:46 PM
i think jr ghostwrites for camron now

is that jsut specualtion or u know that for sure. Cuz yeah there styles are exactly the same and they got similar voices...but i always just figured JR was biting Cams style

stak84
11-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Will writes his stuff on his own.Im a big fan so I know it

what the fuck is wrong with you, your from Finland so I guess you dont know any better but what the fuck how can you like that shit id rather put my dick in a meat grinder than listen to that no talent ass clown

Brand New Funk
11-16-2005, 04:28 PM
lol I`m not fom Finland.

Tres.Bo.
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
rhymefest doesnt technically write for kanye, just he originally wrote jesus walks for himself and kanye wanted to use the beat so 'fest let him use his verse for the first half

mark may
11-16-2005, 05:33 PM
is that jsut specualtion or u know that for sure. Cuz yeah there styles are exactly the same and they got similar voices...but i always just figured JR was biting Cams style

speculation but i really think its true. If you could change their flows i think they would sound exactly the same. Play a cam verse from the last couple dipset cd's and compare it to jr's shit and cam's stuff before jr came up.

DREW-DIE$EL
11-16-2005, 05:37 PM
i ghost wrote the whole "wutang forever" album

lol
lmao, you need a record deal than bro

crastuf
11-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Bow Wow
Dr. Dre
Eazy - E I thought Ice Cube ghostwrit for E
Puffy
I thought Kanye wrote with John Legend or some other dude for like a few songs
Eve and a few other Ruff Ryders had Cassidy write some hooks

benzo
11-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Cube did write all of Easy's shit w/ NWA and his solo shit before the split. Apparently Cube had Del for some of his solo cds, but I know Cube was the ghostwriter back in the day. With his studio-gangsta ass...

GSTYLE
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Dr. Dre does, we all know that but i think producers are the exception and i aint really got a problem with anyone else writing their raps. Jay Z, Bad Azz, Snoop, Daz, D.O.C, Cube, Ren, Royce 5 9, Eminem, Game, Hittman, Knocturnal, have all written for him

Warren G, Snoop Dogg and Daz Dillinger have had songs written for them by Bad Azz.

I personally dont believe Del wrote a lot of stuff for Cube back then in his heydey. I think Cube just got very lazy after that

Puffy, we all know he has had raps written by a lot of peeps

Willie D wrote a lot of stuff for Bushwick Bill

Kurupt wrote for Daz
Daz wrote for snoop

I think Mack 10 mayhave written for Cube

Mausberg wrote for quik

God'sSon2517
02-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Cormega claims that a couple of lines from Nas' "It Was Written" album were his own, but who knows.

J-DON
02-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Kanye writes but i think sometimes he has people who write WITH him like Rhymefest wrote Jesus Walks with him.

J-DON
02-03-2006, 06:30 PM
rhymefest also worked with ODB(read it in a recent Scratch Magazine interview) and im pretty sure GZA did some writing for ODB as well.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-04-2006, 09:41 AM
MF grimm did Dr Dres verse on the Chronic

Meta4
02-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Will writes his stuff on his own.Im a big fan so I know it

what the fuck is wrong with you, your from Finland so I guess you dont know any better but what the fuck how can you like that shit id rather put my dick in a meat grinder than listen to that no talent ass clown

DAMN SON!!!! you need to learn to RESPECT the pioneers of hip-hop. I don't own one piece of his music but damn. He's one of the greatest EVER.

Puffy- supposedly The LOX ghost-wrote the ENTIRE No Way Out CD for him. Sheek mentioned somethnig about it in an interview way back.
Cormega- supposedly wrote some for ILLMATIC; if so it def question HOW classic that album is.

Rebel_INS
02-05-2006, 03:06 AM
fat joe
kanye west
dr.dre

Hahahaha yea, Kanye is a fucken homo. Hate his shit. But Dre, I mean hes still ill though.