PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Reasoning

Big Bang
02-03-2006, 02:16 PM
here are 2 villages
Village A- Tells all truths
Village B- Tells all lies

There are two villagers that approach you.
One is tall and skinny the other is short and squat.
Both villages understand english and may speak it also.

You ask the Tall villager if he is from village A?

The Tall villager says "Oopf"

The the Short Squat villager says " He say Yes, But he a liar"

Using Quantitative Reasoning can you figure out which village ( A & B ) each villager is from??

Prolifical ENG
02-03-2006, 02:25 PM
are they both from village B?

LHX
02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
so you dont know if the first dude said yes or no
because
you dont know if the second dude is a liar or telling truth

LHX
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
but also
the first dude said oopf when he can speak english

but
that doesnt make him a liar
that could just make him a jerk off

Locust12
02-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Ask the short and squat villager if the tall and skinny villager is a liar.
If he says he is a liar, then the tall and skinny villager is from village A, and vice versa.

Aqueous Moon
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
The first one can't answer the question because he would be telling the truth if he said yes or no. He must be from A

The short one is from B...I think

LHX
02-03-2006, 05:43 PM
i dont think you are allowed to ask any more questions

Aqua Luna
02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
No, the first one is from B

the short one is from A

yeah...right this is confusing...

Locust12
02-03-2006, 06:01 PM
i dont think you are allowed to ask any more questions
you're probably only allowed to ask one question, otherwise this riddle is a waste of time

Sexy Jasper
02-03-2006, 06:30 PM
People who say 'ooph' should be killed

hectis
02-03-2006, 06:37 PM
here are 2 villages

Using Quantum Reasoning can you figure out which village ( A & B ) each villager is from??

THE TALL VILLAGER CAN UNDERSTAND ENGLISH BUT HE CAN NOT SPEAK IT(IT SAID MAY NOT DOSE) SO HE SAID YES BUT U DID NOT UNDERSTAND CUZ IT WAS NOT IN ENGLISH SO THE SHORT SQUAT ONE KNOWING HE CAN NOT SPEAK ENGLISH AND U CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HIM SAID HE SAID YES BUT HE A LIAR SO I GUESS THE TALL ONE IS FROM A AND THE SHORT ONE IS FROM B

vikk
02-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Maybe A And B Are The Same Place But The Tall And Short Don't Like Each Other So They Call Each Other Liers And Act Like There Village Is Two When It Is The Same Place So They Are Each From Both

Big Bang
02-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Alright I can see ya'll are trying to work this out there are no more questions you can ask with the info stated you must be able to deduce who is from which village BTW this took me 6 minutes to figure out...It helps to go over every possible scenario in order to find the correwct answer....Guessing just makes this more difficult use what info you have }:T

Big Bang
02-03-2006, 06:56 PM
are they both from village B?

each villager is from one of the villages neither are from both

Aqueous Moon
02-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Okay...The first one can't answer the question because:

1) If he says yes then that means he is from village A and he always tells the truth but, since he is the liar he can't say yes because then he wouldn't be lying anymore.

2) If he says no then he would be telling the truth since he really is not from village A. Which means he can't admit where he is from because he is the liar.

I am close or am I way off base??? I am even more confused now...lol

Big Bang
02-03-2006, 09:21 PM
just work out every variable you will solve it

hectis
02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Big Bang
here are 2 villages

Using Quantum Reasoning can you figure out which village ( A & B ) each villager is from??

THE TALL ONE IS FROM B CUZ HIS ANSWER IS OOPF MEANING IT CAN CHANGE AND LIES CAN ALWAYS CHANGE BUT THE TRUTH CAN NOT

THE SHORT ONE IS FROM B CUZ HE SAID (HE SAY YES, BUT HE A LIAR) HOWEVER HE WOULD NOT KNOW CUZ IT WAS IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE THAT HE DID NOT KNOW SO HE LIED ABOUT KNOWING WHAT HE SAID

LHX
02-03-2006, 10:23 PM
i say both of them can come over and chill

LHX - reppin village C

Big Bang
02-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Big Bang
here are 2 villages

THE TALL ONE IS FROM B CUZ HIS ANSWER IS OOPF MEANING IT CAN CHANGE AND LIES CAN ALWAYS CHANGE BUT THE TRUTH CAN NOT

THE SHORT ONE IS FROM B CUZ HE SAID (HE SAY YES, BUT HE A LIAR) HOWEVER HE WOULD NOT KNOW CUZ IT WAS IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE THAT HE DID NOT KNOW SO HE LIED ABOUT KNOWING WHAT HE SAID

There is no info supporting your statement of "he would not know cuz it was in another language" use what info is there, do not come to conclusions.

Big Bang
02-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Okay...The first one can't answer the question because:

1) If he says yes then that means he is from village A and he always tells the truth but, since he is the liar he can't say yes because then he wouldn't be lying anymore.

2) If he says no then he would be telling the truth since he really is not from village A. Which means he can't admit where he is from because he is the liar.

I am close or am I way off base??? I am even more confused now...lol
You're on the right track of solving the problem you need to work out the rest of the variables...If you're unsure than all variables have not been thoroughly worked out once that is done you will bet money on who is from which village

Big Bang
02-04-2006, 12:00 AM
No, the first one is from B

the short one is from A

yeah...right this is confusing...
how did you come to the conclusion? please explain.

Aqueous Moon
02-04-2006, 10:58 AM
how did you come to the conclusion? please explain.

Damn! I'm not sure...lol.

Aqueous Moon
02-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I still think the first one says Oopf because he would can't tell the truth by saying which village he is from.

The short one tells you what's up because he always tell the truth.

iniquity
02-05-2006, 02:24 PM
The first one understands english but cannot speak it so oopf in his language = yes ...

The second one understands this so he steps in & lies when he says that that the skinny villager said yes, using reverse psychology ...

so ...

Villager A = The skinny one

Villager B = The short one

?

Aclikyano
02-05-2006, 02:55 PM
BOTH are from Village B

OR...........

Tall villager is from Village B

and

Short Villager is from Village A
-------------------------------------------
and LOL @ Tall Villager sayin: OOFP... what kinda shit iz dat?....

hectis
02-05-2006, 03:15 PM

THE SHORT ONE IS FROM A AND HE SAYS HE A LIAR CUZ HE ONLY SPEAKS THE TRUTH

NO? DAM BIG BEN THIS IS CONFUSING:confused: I AM GOING TO GET A BOOK ON QUANTUM REASONING TO LEARN ABOUT IT

Aclikyano
02-05-2006, 03:17 PM

NO? DAM BIG BEN THIS IS CONFUSING:confused: I AM GOING TO GET A BOOK ON QUANTUM REASONING TO LEARN ABOUT IT

but how u kno Short Villager ISNT lyin?...

he cud be lyin..... callin Tall Villager a LYAR.. which makez Tall Villager from Village A not B
yall lettin dat "OOFP" fool ya

more so Short Villager cuda hit him while he was gonna answer which caused a "OOFP" FIRST instead of "YES"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all tho AQUEOUS lookin like he got da mystery solved........ more so then what I said.....

Aclikyano
02-05-2006, 03:22 PM
The first one can't answer the question because he would be telling the truth if he said yes or no. He must be from A

The short one is from B...I think

No he must be from B.... Village B tellz all lies dog.......

Tha short one might be from Village A cuz he spoke ENGLISH

Aclikyano
02-05-2006, 03:39 PM
FINAL THOUGHTZ

TALL MUFUCCA FROM VILLAGE B.
reason: HE SAYS OOPF... OOPF aint no got dayum ENGLISH.....

SHORT BITCH FROM VILLAGE A.
reason: HE SPOKE ENGLISH instead of playin around "sayin OOFP" and obviously told the truth bout TALL VILLAGER cuz obvioulsy HE SAID OOFP tryna play around not bein str8 foward.

I KNO IM RIGHT.
DONT NEED TO REASON.

iniquity
02-05-2006, 06:48 PM
so, what's the answer? :rolleyes:

Aclikyano
02-05-2006, 07:01 PM
so, what's the answer? :rolleyes:
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=283302&postcount=29

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
02-05-2006, 07:01 PM

actually its quantitative reasoning forgive my error in title

Aqueous Moon
02-05-2006, 07:57 PM
No he must be from B.... Village B tellz all lies dog.......

Tha short one might be from Village A cuz he spoke ENGLISH

LOL...that's what I was trying to say, fam. I like how you putting this thing together, too.

This got my brain hurting....

Aqueous Moon
02-05-2006, 07:59 PM

This sounds good right here, Hectis. I need to study up on this stuff too...lol

Ronin
02-05-2006, 08:45 PM
isnt the short dude lieing because the oomph dude cant be from a if he lies alot

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
02-06-2006, 01:42 AM
here is the puzzle in its entirety....

• An anthropologist lands on an Island in which there are two villages. Village A speaks only truths, while Village B speaks only lies. Both villages understand English and may even speak it.
• The anthropologist encounters two persons from the island, a tall lanky person and a short squat person. He asks the tall person, “Are you from village A?”
• The tall person understands the anthropologist, but for reasons unknown (maybe because he is embarrassed of his accent) answers “Oopf!”
• The short person then says, “Him say ‘Yes’…but him big liar,” referring to the tall person’s answer to the question “Are you from village A?”
• From the interaction the anthropologist has just had with the two islanders, he is able to determine which village they each belong to.
• Our task was to determine which village are they from?

Below is the solution to solving the puzzle.....

:p

I didn’t know how or where to begin to solve this riddle. The information seemed incomplete as I didn’t know what the tall islander’s answer was to the question “Are you from village A?” I decided to try to solve it by interpreting what “Oopf” meant and figuring out what the outcome would be in each situation.

If Oopf meant “yes,” and he was telling the truth, then the tall person would have to be from Village A (truths) and the short person would also have to also be from Village A (truths) because the first part of his statement, “Him say ‘yes’” was in fact true. But this would be a contradiction because if the short person can only speak truths, then the second part of his statement would have to also be true. This means the tall person would have to be a liar, and therefore not from Village A (truths) but rather from Village B where they speak only lies.

Another way of testing this theory is if Oopf meant “yes,” and the tall person was lying about being from Village A, then he would have to be from Village B, where they speak only lies. The short person’s entire statement is then true (“Him say ‘yes,’ but him big liar”); therefore he would have to be from Village A where they speak only truths.

Then I had to test my theory to make sure there were no other possible answers.
If Oopf meant “no,” and the tall person was telling the truth, that he was not from Village A (truths), then he would have to be from Village B, which tells only lies. This is a contradiction because if he was from Village B (lies) then he couldn’t be telling the truth; therefore the above scenario is not a possible solution.

Now I decided to test the last possible solution. If Oopf meant “no” to the question, “Are you from Village A?” and he was lying, then he would be implying that he was from Village B, which speaks only lies. But, If he was lying in his answer, that no, he was not from Village A, then it would mean that he was indeed from Village A. But Village A speaks only truths, so this scenario would also be a contradiction and therefore not a possible answer.

The solution to the riddle is that the tall person is from Village B and the short person is from village A.

hectis
02-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Thats What I Was Going To Say Next;)

Aqueous Moon
02-06-2006, 11:48 AM
LOL...finally, the answer!

I knew I was right :)

100pr00f
02-06-2006, 11:52 AM
People who say 'ooph' should be killed\

hahahahaha

Aclikyano
02-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Below is the solution to solving the puzzle.....

:p

The solution to the riddle is that the tall person is from Village B and the short person is from village A.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=283302&postcount=29

AHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!! (at my final thought)

SlightlySlightedFan
02-10-2006, 06:08 PM
It's the tall villager. He understands english and probably speaks it as well, he's just lying. Which is what the short villager has told us.

dif de la rev
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
tall skinny -a, short squat-b.

reason & logic: oopf says that can answer but won't saying an answer after the fact denotes the lie based on both can speak and understand you. can underrstand but doesn't answer nothing to hide so the second answerer is lying to play doubt about the first non communicative response.

peace and salut.