PDA

View Full Version : Crunk!!! music???

lucky arms
02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Is crunk a fad that will die quicklly or are we going to have to deal with it for a logn time? Also views on snap the lathargic couson of crunk.

Dr Zayus
02-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Is crunk a fad that will die quicklly or are we going to have to deal with it for a logn time? Also views on snap the lathargic couson of crunk.

Crunk has been around for years. If you don't like it you don't have to listen to it.

lucky arms
02-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Crunk has been around for years. If you don't like it you don't have to listen to it.

I never said anything about no likeing it but on the other forum i visit crunk is loathed with a passon. So I just wondered what people thought of it.

Dr Zayus
02-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Aah. It's not bad for parties or if I'm in the mood for some trunk-rattling shit, but I'm kind of over it.

spanishmoss
02-03-2006, 11:56 PM

buuuuullshit...you can't go anywhere without hearin' it...if only it were so simple, filter out the shit you don't wanna hear

Dr Zayus
02-03-2006, 11:59 PM
buuuuullshit...you can't go anywhere without hearin' it...if only it were so simple, filter out the shit you don't wanna hear

It is that easy. Stop listening to the radio and put a CD in the whip. Or your discman or ipod or whatever. Strangely enough, no more crunk.

Rebel_INS
02-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Its hard to say really you know. People think that Crunk is going to die out pretty quickly, but its whats popular among mainstream listeners right now, so I think itll last a while. But personally I dont like it. The only group I respect out of Crunk is Three 6 Mafia, because they have been around since 1991, and started REAL crunk, the crunk now is FAKE crunk.

4-Bar Killer
02-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Its hard to say really you know. People think that Crunk is going to die out pretty quickly, but its whats popular among mainstream listeners right now, so I think itll last a while. But personally I dont like it. The only group I respect out of Crunk is Three 6 Mafia, because they have been around since 1991, and started REAL crunk, the crunk now is FAKE crunk.

True. and off course you don't have to listen to it.. as already mentioned, just put in a cd or something..

Rebel_INS
02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Yea thats true. Because on the radio, they play all that damn garbage. Like that one song, Lean Wit It, wtf?

KBOS
02-05-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't think crunk is as big as it was 2 years ago, now with all these Texas mainstreamers comming out from the screwed and chopped underground it seems like screwed and chopped might be putting a damper on crunk a little bit. Nothing lasts in the mainstream, people are quick to dickride the latest trend until a new trend comes along.

But yo, peep this, what the fuck is up with dem franchize boys dance? Thats how old white people dance

Hayabusa
02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Real Talk... I'm from the south and I don't listen to crunk except for the 666. Good thing I got a great CD collection or my ears would get pulloted by the garbage ass franchise boys, D4L, and other shit that plays on the radio 24/7 around here.

The Antagonist
02-05-2006, 03:03 PM
It'll die eventually. Yeah, its been around for a while, but not as the dominating force in the mainstream. Personally, i think you just gotta take it for what it is: Club music. When its reffered to as rap or anything more than candy-shit though, thats crossing the line.

Rebel_INS
02-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Real Talk... I'm from the south and I don't listen to crunk except for the 666. Good thing I got a great CD collection or my ears would get pulloted by the garbage ass franchise boys, D4L, and other shit that plays on the radio 24/7 around here.

Yea for sure man no doubt. Franchize Boyz and D4L are the gayest of the gay lol

THE W
02-05-2006, 03:23 PM
such music has long been banished from my reality.

Analyze
02-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I think the shit is corny and is pretty much the 69 Boys and 95 South for the new generation. D4L and Franchise Boys is the worst shit to ever be consider "hiphop".

Wu Forever

WallyG
02-06-2006, 04:44 PM
yea D4L and Dem Franchise Boys r wack....damn atlanta georgia have alot of artist, either good or shit...like they got Outkast, Luda, Field Mobb, then they got them new wack crews...but anyway that Lean Wit It, Rock wit It beat i like tho...but them niggaz r wack...3 six mafia r vets and i like they music...but them southern hiphop will always be around, u got crunk now u got snap music, and i think snap music is just terribaly funny

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
02-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Fucking media is sucking 50/south/crunk dick so hard even though its utter trash (not the dope south shit). It really fucks me off.

Rebel_INS
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Fucking media is sucking 50/south/crunk dick so hard even though its utter trash (not the dope south shit). It really fucks me off.
Lmao for realz

Koolish
02-06-2006, 10:33 PM
the media plays what the people want, and people want crunk. i watched something on TV, and most of the people who play important roles in today's Hiphop, either said they don't like/listen to it, or kinda gave the impression they didn't like it all that much.

some of it like someone else said is good if you just want a lot of bass or at a club blah blah blah.
________
Vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/)

Hamburglaz
02-06-2006, 10:58 PM
man back in 92 Splack Pack was teh shiiiitt lol but now a days its just gettin old

i just think theyres nothin tight about theyre raps foreal the beats are catchy for a month but after that it sounds the same as everything else so i dunno its nothin strong to me. i could listen to splack pack all day tho or even triple 6 like that cat was sayin before.

WuBanga36
02-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Not feeling it, therefore, I would pay no attention to it. It's just as simple as that.

TrueDciple
02-16-2006, 12:02 PM
That *snap and lean then post like u taking a picture* music is just too fruity...shit looks gay, is crunk going homo?...LOL

Peace!

Aqueous Moon
02-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I be getting my excercise on to that shit. all that leaning and rocking...good cardio

crastuf
02-16-2006, 07:14 PM
crunk is staying here forever, that's how we been getting down since the eighties in the south
only thing that is changing is the popularity, and the sound
we still go in the club and mosh, there's more to crunk than Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boys
there are lyrics in crunk too, don't get it twisted. Me and my people are working on some music and it's a crunk mix of lyrics. I'll send ya'll some when we get done with an album issue
the Diplomats are crunk styled also for the northerner only listeners
Peace

Analyze
02-16-2006, 11:56 PM
If your shit sounds anything like Jim Jones or any of them Dipset niggas, keep that shit over there. Lyrics and crunk music dont mix that shit is like oil and water, the bass drowns out anything a nigga is saying unless he streaming at the top of his lungs and I know that shit cant be considered lyrical.

Wu Forever

DIRTY ALI
02-17-2006, 05:20 PM
crunk is the same beat every song that those cunkers realese.....lil jonh tha same fuckin sounds like they fucken sirens and screamin like yyeeaayyyeaaahhh....jajaja come on if they want to progress and keepin doing crunk got to take it to a next level.....but it will sucks either.....my opinion...peace out

Dragoon
02-17-2006, 05:28 PM

Word, fuck Crunk music...

Kid Chameleon
02-17-2006, 06:51 PM
this must be the price for rap being mainstream

crastuf
02-17-2006, 06:55 PM
there isn't a lot of bass in every crunk song. the snares get it crunk. the lyrics get you buck. you should listen to a cd Jadakiss is on a few crunk ass songs with Lil' Jon. don't sleep on it. it ain't always yelling either. the beats are varied like hell, ya'll are just being close minded.

Proeliator001
02-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Reason for this wack Crunk shit getting all the play on the radio and shit is right here:
By BRIAN ROSS and VIC WALTER

Feb. 16, 2006 — The ride to the top of the charts was an American dream come true for drummer Jake Slichter, of the Minneapolis band Semisonic. The band's song "Closing Time" became the No. 1 tune in the country in 1998.

"We had always been like the little unknown band with songs very few people knew," Slichter told ABC News' Brian Ross.

"I remember the first time we played 'Closing Time' when it was a No. 1 hit," Slichter said as he recalled a concert at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C.

"The song sort of starts quietly, and you could feel this sort of peel of screams kind of go back through the crowd," he said. "When I crashed the cymbals on the downbeat of the chorus, you could just feel this incredible, like, tidal wave of energy and it's just like whoosh."

"We have been playing rock music our whole lives. That is that moment," Slichter said. "That is a rock star moment."

'A Chunk of Change'

But as the song started to spread across the airwaves of American radio, from Los Angeles to New York, the new rock star said he was in on one of the secrets of his band's success — payola.

"We definitely benefited from payola," Slichter said. "There is no doubt about it."

Payola, what many authorities would call bribes, is money and gifts that record companies and middlemen give to radio stations to play songs.

"It cost something close to $700,000 to $800,000 to get 'Closing Time' on the air," said Slichter, "to keep it on the air long enough for people, for public taste to really grab on to it, yeah. A chunk of change."

Payola was a multimillion-dollar secret that was out in the open at last week's Grammy festivities in Los Angeles, where a number of recording artists on the red carpet said it was an unfortunate part of the industry.

When asked if he believed if payola still existed in the industry, veteran artist Tony Bennett said, "Absolutely. It costs a lot of money to make something famous."

Grammy nominee Fiona Apple told ABC News, "It's a business about money. People are trying to get what they want done, and they'll pay for it if they've got the money, sure." Apple added that she did not know if payola was responsible for getting any of her work on the airwaves.

Others were also not surprised that payola still existed.

"I think that's been going on a really, really long time," said Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins. "I think back in the '70s, they used to pay people with hookers and cocaine, and now they're just doing it with straight-up money — so they can go out and buy their own hookers and cocaine."

Shaolin Warrior
02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Actually I haven't hearing much crunk music lately. And whatever happened to Lil' Jon? Did he die or something? Not that I miss hearing him everytime I turn on the TV or the radio.

THE W
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Reason for this wack Crunk shit getting all the play on the radio and shit is right here:
By BRIAN ROSS and VIC WALTER

Feb. 16, 2006 — The ride to the top of the charts was an American dream come true for drummer Jake Slichter, of the Minneapolis band Semisonic. The band's song "Closing Time" became the No. 1 tune in the country in 1998.

"We had always been like the little unknown band with songs very few people knew," Slichter told ABC News' Brian Ross.

"I remember the first time we played 'Closing Time' when it was a No. 1 hit," Slichter said as he recalled a concert at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C.

"The song sort of starts quietly, and you could feel this sort of peel of screams kind of go back through the crowd," he said. "When I crashed the cymbals on the downbeat of the chorus, you could just feel this incredible, like, tidal wave of energy and it's just like whoosh."

"We have been playing rock music our whole lives. That is that moment," Slichter said. "That is a rock star moment."

'A Chunk of Change'

But as the song started to spread across the airwaves of American radio, from Los Angeles to New York, the new rock star said he was in on one of the secrets of his band's success — payola.

"We definitely benefited from payola," Slichter said. "There is no doubt about it."

Payola, what many authorities would call bribes, is money and gifts that record companies and middlemen give to radio stations to play songs.

"It cost something close to $700,000 to $800,000 to get 'Closing Time' on the air," said Slichter, "to keep it on the air long enough for people, for public taste to really grab on to it, yeah. A chunk of change."

Payola was a multimillion-dollar secret that was out in the open at last week's Grammy festivities in Los Angeles, where a number of recording artists on the red carpet said it was an unfortunate part of the industry.

When asked if he believed if payola still existed in the industry, veteran artist Tony Bennett said, "Absolutely. It costs a lot of money to make something famous."

Grammy nominee Fiona Apple told ABC News, "It's a business about money. People are trying to get what they want done, and they'll pay for it if they've got the money, sure." Apple added that she did not know if payola was responsible for getting any of her work on the airwaves.

Others were also not surprised that payola still existed.

"I think that's been going on a really, really long time," said Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins. "I think back in the '70s, they used to pay people with hookers and cocaine, and now they're just doing it with straight-up money — so they can go out and buy their own hookers and cocaine."
you're just now learning about this?

this is more than likely the reason "back like that" is getting rotation.

triggahappy187
02-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Yo some crunk music all right even ya'll have to admit it. 3 6 mafia still hot, the old slim thug, mike jones shit was hot, I like crunk sometimes, but Ya'll remember when the south was on that real gangsta buck shit? that was the shit.