PDA

View Full Version : Blood Money listening party

Dr Zayus
02-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Friday Fire: Mobb Deep, 50 Cent, Ne-Yo, Keyshia Cole & Kanye & Pam?
Friday - February 3, 2006

The survey says by the streets according, the Fire's just important as Michael Jordan was to the NBA when he was scorin'. HaHa, it's your rap reporter "Mark My Words" back at it for the latest addition of the Internet's live wire. You know what I'm talking about. This is the Friday Fiiiire.

We shut down January on a nice note last week and today we open February heavy. I don't care if it's the shortest month of the year. Aquarius' stand up! Let's get it!

Nothing major was moving me this week, until Wednesday night that is. Wednesday night, I was one of the members of online press that was invited to G-Unit offices in New York City for an exclusive Mobb Deep Blood Money listening session. Now, honestly speaking, when the M-O-B-B officially signed to G-Unit, I loved the move for its financial prospects. Without a doubt, the Infamous have paid their dues in hip-hop and I thought it was about time that they potentially cash in on their biggest pay day and move the most units of their career.

That said, on the other hand, I, like many other journalists and fans wondered how much 50 Cent was going to put his stamp on Mobb's sound. If you grew up in Queens, New York, you KNOW Mobb Deep's sound and to be honest, possible 50 and G-Unit overkill were definitely concerns of mine heading into this listening session. Not that, that would be a negative, but I wanted to hear Mobb Deep really shine. And shine they did. Mobb Deep's Blood Money is a damn near classic. Those that read the Blood Money headline story I penned for BallerStatus.net (see "Mobb Deep Not Relying On 50 Cent For Blood Money "), are already ahead of the game. However, for those slackers that didn't, to sum it all up, 50 let Mobb Deep be Mobb Deep. In return, the M-O-B-B turned in a gem.

I mean track after track, Prodigy is sounding hungry again and Havoc is destroying the boards. If it wasn't evident before, it will be now - Havoc is one of hip-hop's best producers, period. The album intro to outro plays crazy and I'm saying that without even listening to an additional record that the Mobb did with Mary J. Blige, which is scheduled to be added in time for the March 21st release. Me, personally, I know an album is hot when someone asks me, "What's the craziest joint on there?" and I have to think about my answer for a minute because there's not just one and it's hard to decide. That's the case with Blood Money.

The album has tracks like "Pearly Gates," which features 50 Cent and has Prodigy writing and speaking from the perspective of an atheist. "It makes sense considering how many people don't believe in God," 50 said. Later, "In Love With the Moula" has P and Havoc using money as a phor for a female. Very clever, not to mention, hood. What's real important to mention here is Mobb Deep sounds extra hungry again, especially Prodigy. P really silences all critics with his rhymes on this album. If you're from NYC, especially in Queens, you're going to love this album. It's vintage Mobb Deep. If you're from anywhere else across the nation, you should love this album. (Moving mouse up) Damn, I hyped the album that much.

Listen, with me having this platform, I feel it's my duty to say when something is so on point. Blood Money is on point. 50 told us himself, just how key of an acquisition Mobb Deep was for G-Unit, especially for his own artistry. "They're from Queensbridge projects and I'm from Southside," 50 said. "Those worlds are not that far apart. It makes sense creatively and the hunger is there. Sparring with them is what's taking me back to the way I'm supposed to be rapping. It's going to be a great year." Sure it is by looking like it Fif. Hey, I guess, f---in' with 50 does makes cents. Mobb Deep is poised to do their biggest numbers to date. I don't see how this album can fail. ...

Continuing with 50 for a minute, love him or hate him, one has no choice, but to respect the man. Ask 50 if he really, really cares about being King of NY or considered as one of hip-hop's elite MCs. If you put $50 mil in the bank like it's nothing, would you care? Sheit, if I'm in Fif's position, I'm saying to myself and anyone else that's cares to listen, "Y'all can have the King of NY title. Go ahead, it's yours Nas, it's yours Jay." Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the artistry in hip-hop today. As a matter of fact, true artistry is what few MCs own and have an understanding of, while most MCs let it go right over their heads. But let's face the facts on 50: the man knows how to create songs that sell. Point blank, end of conversation. At the end of the day, you may not like a sing-song hook on a track, but millions of others will and Soundscan reinforces that. ...

Finally on the G-Unit front, I have to give props to their marketing and street team. Upon leaving the listening session, all members of the online press were given a $1 bill with a Blood Money stamp on it. Simple thought, yes, but money changes hands to all different kinds of people in a given day. Those blood money bills are going to be seen and fans will take notice. ...

Source: Ballerstatus (http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/14320481/)

I don't believe for a second that P has stepped his game up. But I'll still check out the album for Havoc.

God'sSon2517
02-04-2006, 01:06 PM
^ I second that, Prodigy has fallen too far off for me to believe that he can just come back full force on this upcoming album.

Funkadelic Funkmasta
02-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Prodigy is a fuckin joke these days.

4-Bar Killer
02-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Prodigy is a fuckin joke these days.

yeh, anybody hear that hot97 interview? Damn, I feel sorry for noyd and im3.. they probably still strugling, but p rather wanna have his kids babysitted by 50 haha

J-DON
02-04-2006, 01:44 PM
You guys all heard that "have a party" joint. Mobb Deep is garbage now.

Oztradamus
02-04-2006, 03:55 PM
To think Pee used to be so ill... How the mighty have fallen.. SMH

I think the reason for Prodigy's decline on the mic is that his Ghostwriter died or somethin'...

Protection
02-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Ballerstatus
Friday Fire: Mobb Deep, 50 Cent, Ne-Yo, Keyshia Cole & Kanye & Pam?
Friday - February 3, 2006

The survey says by the streets according, the Fire's just important as Michael Jordan was to the NBA when he was scorin'. HaHa, it's your rap reporter "Mark My Words" back at it for the latest addition of the Internet's live wire. You know what I'm talking about. This is the Friday Fiiiire.

We shut down January on a nice note last week and today we open February heavy. I don't care if it's the shortest month of the year. Aquarius' stand up! Let's get it!

Nothing major was moving me this week, until Wednesday night that is. Wednesday night, I was one of the members of online press that was invited to G-Unit offices in New York City for an exclusive Mobb Deep Blood Money listening session. Now, honestly speaking, when the M-O-B-B officially signed to G-Unit, I loved the move for its financial prospects. Without a doubt, the Infamous have paid their dues in hip-hop and I thought it was about time that they potentially cash in on their biggest pay day and move the most units of their career.

That said, on the other hand, I, like many other journalists and fans wondered how much 50 Cent was going to put his stamp on Mobb's sound. If you grew up in Queens, New York, you KNOW Mobb Deep's sound and to be honest, possible 50 and G-Unit overkill were definitely concerns of mine heading into this listening session. Not that, that would be a negative, but I wanted to hear Mobb Deep really shine. And shine they did. Mobb Deep's Blood Money is a damn near classic. Those that read the Blood Money headline story I penned for BallerStatus.net (see "Mobb Deep Not Relying On 50 Cent For Blood Money "), are already ahead of the game. However, for those slackers that didn't, to sum it all up, 50 let Mobb Deep be Mobb Deep. In return, the M-O-B-B turned in a gem.

I mean track after track, Prodigy is sounding hungry again and Havoc is destroying the boards. If it wasn't evident before, it will be now - Havoc is one of hip-hop's best producers, period. The album intro to outro plays crazy and I'm saying that without even listening to an additional record that the Mobb did with Mary J. Blige, which is scheduled to be added in time for the March 21st release. Me, personally, I know an album is hot when someone asks me, "What's the craziest joint on there?" and I have to think about my answer for a minute because there's not just one and it's hard to decide. That's the case with Blood Money.

The album has tracks like "Pearly Gates," which features 50 Cent and has Prodigy writing and speaking from the perspective of an atheist. "It makes sense considering how many people don't believe in God," 50 said. Later, "In Love With the Moula" has P and Havoc using money as a phor for a female. Very clever, not to mention, hood. What's real important to mention here is Mobb Deep sounds extra hungry again, especially Prodigy. P really silences all critics with his rhymes on this album. If you're from NYC, especially in Queens, you're going to love this album. It's vintage Mobb Deep. If you're from anywhere else across the nation, you should love this album. (Moving mouse up) Damn, I hyped the album that much.

Listen, with me having this platform, I feel it's my duty to say when something is so on point. Blood Money is on point. 50 told us himself, just how key of an acquisition Mobb Deep was for G-Unit, especially for his own artistry. "They're from Queensbridge projects and I'm from Southside," 50 said. "Those worlds are not that far apart. It makes sense creatively and the hunger is there. Sparring with them is what's taking me back to the way I'm supposed to be rapping. It's going to be a great year." Sure it is by looking like it Fif. Hey, I guess, f---in' with 50 does makes cents. Mobb Deep is poised to do their biggest numbers to date. I don't see how this album can fail. ...

Continuing with 50 for a minute, love him or hate him, one has no choice, but to respect the man. Ask 50 if he really, really cares about being King of NY or considered as one of hip-hop's elite MCs. If you put $50 mil in the bank like it's nothing, would you care? Sheit, if I'm in Fif's position, I'm saying to myself and anyone else that's cares to listen, "Y'all can have the King of NY title. Go ahead, it's yours Nas, it's yours Jay." Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the artistry in hip-hop today. As a matter of fact, true artistry is what few MCs own and have an understanding of, while most MCs let it go right over their heads. But let's face the facts on 50: the man knows how to create songs that sell. Point blank, end of conversation. At the end of the day, you may not like a sing-song hook on a track, but millions of others will and Soundscan reinforces that. ...

Finally on the G-Unit front, I have to give props to their marketing and street team. Upon leaving the listening session, all members of the online press were given a $1 bill with a Blood Money stamp on it. Simple thought, yes, but money changes hands to all different kinds of people in a given day. Those blood money bills are going to be seen and fans will take notice. ...
Like Jay-Z once said:

WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE !

Crazy K
02-05-2006, 10:45 PM
it's a damn shame how the mighty have fallen. We need another Infamous or Hell On Earth album, not this watered down bullshit.

IRONMAN GFK
02-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Like Jay-Z once said:

i cant help but enjoy when people quote jay-z

RynMur
02-06-2006, 12:38 PM
We'll see how this hiphop/pop album will sound. I'll get the bootleg.

WallyG
02-06-2006, 06:31 PM
to tell u the truth, i still got love for Mobb Deep. Them niggaz been around since the prima donna days of hiphop. They haven't dropped a classic since Murda Musik and that was 99. Fast forward to 06 and here they r signed to GUnit. Like most of ya'll, i didn't like the move, but they paid their dues and i was hoping not to hear GUNIT stamp all over it and even tho i haven't heard it either, i sitll hope they dont. Have a Party ft. 50 is alrite, i was expecting a better single and judging by the single i ain't anticipating the album as much...but i guess i gotsa wait and c.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Like Jay-Z once said:

I FEEL THE SAME WAY

Longbongcilvaringz
02-09-2006, 03:17 AM
the higher you go the harder you fall, p will never bring it back to the classic infamous pedigree. i mean the dude who wrote this must be on crack, you dont go from a verse like the one on "outta control remix" back to infamous standards. fuck this review.