PDA

View Full Version : RPGs...?

Aqueous Moon
02-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Wat up ya'll? I love playing them RPGs. You know...the free ones that you don't have to download.

Anyway, I usually play Adventure Quest but I got bored with it

So, now I'm hooked on Kingdom of Loathing but I need some more people to join my clan, Ramshackle Dustbin.

Yo, if anybody out there plays RPGs then check it out http://www.kingdomofloathing.com (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com)

Alucard Dracu
02-05-2006, 11:09 AM
iy free if my cpu can handle it im down

Aqueous Moon
02-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah! check it out. let me know if you like it

hectis
02-05-2006, 04:17 PM
this rpg is crazy

Prolifical ENG
02-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I recently been playing Diablo II LOD again...even though it isnt technically an RPG, many people just say it is.

Aqueous Moon
02-05-2006, 07:02 PM
wat up, prolifical? A lot a people be talking about Diablo...Im go havta check it out once and for all...and see what's really good.

Yeah, hectis...that rpg is kinda weird but i like it cuz it's different.

Razorsharp
02-05-2006, 08:47 PM
ha... i dont like diablo my roommate plays that damn game... i like maple story, fun lil cheesy game, but w/e... haha... when i opened this thread i thought it would talk about Final Fantasy's but n0o0o0o... oh well.... peace

Bloo
02-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah, Diablo is a great game one and two (even though I haven't finished two yet)

Ok, break it down Prolific. What makes you think Diablo isn't an RPG? It's got all the elements of one save for the fighting system.

MantiZ
02-06-2006, 07:49 AM
yo! anyone tried that Silkroad online? Is it worth d/l'ing 500 megs?

Mumm Ra
02-06-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't really play PC RPG's, except Fallout 1 & 2 are my favorite games. Vagrant Story for PS1 rocks though. I used to be addicted to MUD's if anyone has any idea what they are - basically an all text online RPG. I'm sure I've spent well over 2000 hours on one, but I stopped playing them about a year ago.

Aqueous Moon
02-06-2006, 11:01 AM
MantiZ, I hears silkroad is kinda cool. but, I ain't tried it...I hate downloading all that shit, ya know?

Osirus16, so what's a good MUD to try out? cuz I don't know nothing bout them.

MantiZ
02-07-2006, 11:17 AM
yo! just got silkroad. it's cool enuf but if you die you loose only a bit of xp. all belongings remain... that's kinda sucks... everything else is great!
*goes away to play silkroad*

Prolifical ENG
02-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah, Diablo is a great game one and two (even though I haven't finished two yet)

Ok, break it down Prolific. What makes you think Diablo isn't an RPG? It's got all the elements of one save for the fighting system.

to me it is an RPG, the nerds that play all those games and the people that make them call it something else. But you can loosly call it an RPG.

Oztradamus
02-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Chrono Trigger on SNES is the G.O.A.T of RPG's, that's my word...

Bloo
02-07-2006, 08:07 PM
^^

Co-Sign

Razorsharp
02-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Final Fantasy VII (im gonna get REDXIII the tiger tattooed on my leg) hell yeah
Final Fantasy VIII
Xenogears
Final Fantasy X

I played the demo for Final Fantasy XII, its hella dope shiiit

LHX
02-17-2006, 09:07 AM

hard to disagree with that

earthbound was ill too

Bloo
02-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Oh Damn! How could I forget about Earthbound!

No doubt man, add that one to the list too. Make sure to look out for the Mother 3 a.k.a. Earthbound 2 comming soon to GBA

Frontal Lobotomy
02-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Chrono Trigger was the boom-ting. Final Fantasy V was class too.
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Mana 2) I thought was the best RPG I ever played, second in all time to Breath of Fire III on the PSX. With maybe Azure Dreams (PSX), and Legend of Zelda; Link's Awakening (GB/GBC) taking up third. Too many people talk about FFVII (Props to the guy getting Red's tribal tattoo on their leg, I thought of doing that too, glad it don't sound so crazy now)
The old Pokémon games had a cool RPG element to them too, I remember playing Red & Blue when I was in school, on US carts as it was a couple of years before the boom hit with the TV show and whatnot, class stuff.
As for online RPGs; I don't dig this playing wizard, spending hours just levelling up stuff, not my scene, reminds me too much of those people that roll the dice role-playing Dungeons & Dragons ;x
S'cool for those that do, I hear high level characters still sell for a lot of money on eBay
I was intrigued by the Star Wars Galaxies RPG, mind you, as you can be a Jedi on it (although I read it super hard) Anyone played it?

Aqueous Moon
03-11-2006, 06:31 PM
yeah, but my playstation broke and so am I...so, I ain't finna buy another one.

Im tryna play fo free...Bump!

Kingdom of Loathing...Im digging it.

hectis
03-11-2006, 08:55 PM
FINAL FANTASY IS THE BEST RPG EVER AND OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT THE KINGDOM OF LOATHING I STARTED TO PLAY IT BUT HAVE NOT FOR LIKE A MONTH

Aqueous Moon
03-11-2006, 09:02 PM
waddup Hectis,

Yeah, play it again and join my clan if you don't already have one.

I really like this game.

Is final fantasy free??...cause it sounds like fun.

hectis
03-11-2006, 09:07 PM
waddup Hectis,

Yeah, play it again and join my clan if you don't already have one.

I really like this game.

Is final fantasy free??...cause it sounds like fun.

THERE ARE FINAL FANTASY U CAN BUY FOR THE PS1 AND TWO (PS2 PLAYS ALL PS1 GAMES SO THERE IS NO NEED TO GET ONE IF U ALREADY HAVE A PS2) BUT THE ONE ON THE NET IS NOT FREE I NEVER PLAYED IT AND IT SAID ON KINGDOMS I AM NOT ABLE TO JOIN A CLAN YET BUT WHEN I CAN I WILL JOIN URS

Sicka than aidZ
03-25-2006, 12:26 PM

chrono cross wasnt that dope tho

MixedGenetix
03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Any of yall cats lay MMORPGs or text based games? It'd be dope as hell to see a text based RPG based on the Nine Rings comic or something similar. Just a Wu-Tang/Kung-Fu rpg in general would be the shit.
-C.

BRONZBODY
03-26-2006, 02:53 PM
yeah crono trigger is the shiznittle bam skip skop schooly dee......for real

ShaDynasty
03-27-2006, 05:07 PM
sorry
best rpg is any legend of zelda game
i spent more time playing the various zeldas than any other game.
seriously zelda is the shit
infact its the best game ever
any1 agree?

Bloo
03-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Oh yeah, Zelda's the shit. No one can fuck with it.

but Zelda's not really an RPG, it has some elements like talking to people but even then it's more of a heavy adventure game, kinda like Metroid.

MoT
03-30-2006, 02:14 PM
yea RPG's are pretty much my fav. game genre after sports ... but from the recent ones Dungeon siege 2, Neverwinter nights and world of warcraft are few of the better ones

Gennadiy
03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Breath of Fire 3 anyone?

Frontal Lobotomy
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
^^
It's my number 2 of all time, fucking class game. The animation was spot on as well

Gennadiy
04-01-2006, 01:42 PM
And what's the number one though?

Breath of Fire 3 is my first RPG, so it's nice to remember them old good days.

Storyline is great anyway.

Frontal Lobotomy
04-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Mana 2) on the SNES, you should play it if you get the chance. Mind you, it might be wiser to get it on ROM as the cart sells for in excess of Ł100