PDA

View Full Version : 50cent Aka 40cent sued for stealing rymes...

444trumpets
02-08-2006, 11:24 PM
MIAMI - Rapper 50 Cent stole some of the lyrics for his 2003 hit "In Da Club" from a song by former 2 Live Crew frontman Luther Campbell, an attorney claims in a lawsuit.

Richard C. Wolfe filed the copyright infringement lawsuit against Curtis James Jackson, aka 50 Cent, in Miami federal court last week on behalf of Lil' Joe Wein Music.

Parts of "In Da Club," from the album "Get Rich or Die Tryin'", copy "It's Your Birthday," released in 1994 on Campbell's solo album "Still a Freak for Life," the lawsuit alleged.

A message left Friday for Wolfe was not immediately returned.

Lil' Joe Wein Music holds the copyright to "It's Your Birthday" and other songs Campbell produced with his rap group 2 Live Crew and as a solo artist. Lil' Joe Wein Music is owned by Joseph Weinberger, an attorney who formerly represented Campbell.

Campbell's song "I Like It, I love It" can also be heard on the 2003 DVD "50 Cent The New Breed," the lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages in addition to attorneys' fees and other legal costs.

Koolish
02-08-2006, 11:46 PM
i dunno if this might get too far. 50 cent could probably buy himself some better lawyers, and his way out of it if things got very serious.
________
BABE VIDEOS (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/6/babe/videos/1)

Longbongcilvaringz
02-09-2006, 02:07 AM
ok i am fair from a 50 fan, but heaps of mc's/rappers recycle lines, its not as if they are really stealing them for a whoole song, just like a sample. the only reason this is drawn to attention is because 50 gets so much publicity, half the mc's in the business could be sued for recycled rhymes. perhaps jigga for instance, btw anyone heard that track with all the biggy lines he used. i found it interesting.

RZA's Wife aka Goddess
02-09-2006, 02:08 AM
More money more problems.

Funk_Dock
02-09-2006, 01:06 PM
oh yea i heard about this from allhiphop.com, im sure he ll get out of it somehow

about jigga hes stolen alot of lines, any1 heard that song from the blueprint album 'The ruler's back' that song has the same theme from slick ricks song also named 'The ruler's back'

i dunno how to interpret that....is he payin homage to the older mcs...or is he blatantly biting ricky D?

oldie
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
heard it a few weeks back but where has this 2 live crew dude been, under a big fuckin rock for tha past 2 years?!?!
its pathetic and this dude will probably loose his case. if fifty said "Sheila, its your birthday" then maybe.

i havent even heard this song by the 2 live crew, never rlly heard bout 2 live crew much.

Rebel_INS
02-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Haha lol this is hella old news but yea. Crazy shit

444trumpets
02-09-2006, 04:10 PM
yeah its old news thought i would post it up for the peeps that probably missed the news feel me. yeah jay always be taking snippets off shit
50 stealing lyrics shit is jokes

4-Bar Killer
02-09-2006, 04:13 PM
haha that's fucked. That's like Jeru suing meth for his stealing of the Come Clean line.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-10-2006, 01:21 AM
50 sqaure pants - its all gunna crumble - fuckin joke, g-g-g-g-gone

ShaolinDarts
02-10-2006, 10:23 AM
He is going to look so stupid when 50 wins in court

Rayson
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
MIAMI - Rapper 50 Cent stole some of the lyrics for his 2003 hit "In Da Club" from a song by former 2 Live Crew frontman Luther Campbell, an attorney claims in a lawsuit.

Richard C. Wolfe filed the copyright infringement lawsuit against Curtis James Jackson, aka 50 Cent, in Miami federal court last week on behalf of Lil' Joe Wein Music.

Parts of "In Da Club," from the album "Get Rich or Die Tryin'", copy "It's Your Birthday," released in 1994 on Campbell's solo album "Still a Freak for Life," the lawsuit alleged.

A message left Friday for Wolfe was not immediately returned.

Lil' Joe Wein Music holds the copyright to "It's Your Birthday" and other songs Campbell produced with his rap group 2 Live Crew and as a solo artist. Lil' Joe Wein Music is owned by Joseph Weinberger, an attorney who formerly represented Campbell.

Campbell's song "I Like It, I love It" can also be heard on the 2003 DVD "50 Cent The New Breed," the lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages in addition to attorneys' fees and other legal costs.
I expected nothing less of wack ass 50:mad:

Frontal Lobotomy
02-16-2006, 06:22 AM
He shoulda just wrote some rhyme dissing 50 instead of suing him or something. Fucking pussies taking it through the courts