PDA

View Full Version : Snoop: Sellout? or just Soft?

G-Rock
02-10-2006, 01:12 AM
I was just watching Snoop's True Hollywood Story and I can't help but notice what a marketing whore Snoop has become. This isn't the same Snoop who was once considered one of the greatest rappers and the best flow all time. He hasn't made a record for the hood in years and white people are even calling him soft now. I will never criticize a rapper for getting that money however it come, but Snoop has crossed over to a world where they take your soul and any credibility you have left. I think I believe everything Suge said about Snoop, his story is more credible than anything Snoop says. Rappers sure do know how to let their fans down, in the long run they all are exposed.

RZA's Wife aka Goddess
02-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Snoop is ok.

EAGLE EYE
02-10-2006, 01:21 AM
he just needs to stop rapping, its like watching a pro athlete whos too old and is just gettin beat up on the field.

--Gh0sTfAcE--
02-10-2006, 05:51 AM
his best rap dayz are well gone

Protection
02-10-2006, 07:54 AM
He needs to get back with Dr. Dre.

SixOneTrey
02-13-2006, 04:28 AM
Althought he will never release another Doggystyle in his lifetime, you have to give the man credit. Once he signed to No-Limit back in 97-98, that should have been the end of his career. That wasn't the same Snoop that released Doggystyle either.

Although his music might not be as "gangsta" anymore, he can make money no matter what. Dude is back with Daz & Kurupt now too, which is the shit. I saw him on Jay Leno the other night performing with them and Nate Dogg.

Either way, he makes money through music, movies, advertsing, etc...Let the dude do his thing. So what if he aint on the streets anymore. So what if he didn't kill a motherfucker since Doggystyle. Dude is a legend, let em shine.

oldie
02-13-2006, 01:51 PM
are any other of his albums worth getting apart from Doggystyle which i got??? i also got the album with "from tha church to tha palace" on it, which i went from hating to loving to hating.

and he has just fully fallen off. id say Soft rather than Sellout, i mean his album title "Rythm & Gangsta" and he does a track with Justin fuckin Timberlake!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos he is soo gangsta. (although thats probly the rythm part)

SixOneTrey
02-13-2006, 04:35 PM
There's stand out tracks on all his album's he releases, but nothing in comparison to Doggystyle. Doggystyle was classic from start to finish. I have most of his album. Tha Last Meal is aight. Paid Tha Cost To Be The Bo$$ is an aight CD, but it's more on the soft side and shit. Dead Man Walking is good. All the albums on No-Limit had certain good songs here and there, but nothing worth buying the whole album for, which I did because I was a huge Snoop-a-loop fan at one point haha.

Aqueous Moon
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM
I was just watching Snoop's True Hollywood Story and I can't help but notice what a marketing whore Snoop has become. This isn't the same Snoop who was once considered one of the greatest rappers and the best flow all time. He hasn't made a record for the hood in years and white people are even calling him soft now. I will never criticize a rapper for getting that money however it come, but Snoop has crossed over to a world where they take your soul and any credibility you have left. I think I believe everything Suge said about Snoop, his story is more credible than anything Snoop says. Rappers sure do know how to let their fans down, in the long run they all are exposed.

I can't hate on snoop, at all. I'm from Long Bech, I grew up here and eventhough everything he put out might not be perfect - I know this for a fact he gives back to his fans especially in the hood.
Compared to other rappers from the west yo, Snoop is the King. He got his lil football program poppin for the kids and he put on a grip of niggas from the hood who would never got a chance to do shit if it wasn't for him giving a fuck.
As far as selling out, well ya gotta sell out a lil to give back a lil, sometimes...

THE W
02-13-2006, 05:27 PM
yeah snoop is a sellout, but its not like the guy claimed to be anything different.

the guy was about absolutely nothing but that paper from day one.

CharlesJones
02-15-2006, 05:19 PM
I gave up on Snoop after The Last Meal album. Top Dogg album is pretty good. The Doggfather album isn't that bad. He got a lot of party songs on there i like but it was kinda disappointing considering how hard Doggystyle is. Drop It Like It's Hot song is tight though. I love that beat. He could've left Pharrell Williams bitch ass off the song. Snoop should stop doing movies. He's played in a lot of shitty movies.

cap
02-15-2006, 05:42 PM
its a shame how he fell off,the game could have been a lot different if he went the right route...

brown_dogg
02-15-2006, 08:22 PM
At least the guy is able to experiment. He has the status right now where he can do whatever he wants and still be appreciated for it. Rhythm & Gangsta was an experiment into a more R&Bish sound. But he still needs to go back to his roots (if it's even possible anymore) and bring back his old style.

triggahappy187
02-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Snoop is tight always has been, He has changed his image, and the way his albums are made. He was on that gangsta shit back then, now he's on some love, watered down gangsta shit. Snoop still manages to make good music every now and then.....I think he needs to take it back to the G-Funk era.