PDA

View Full Version : Mark Ecko's Getting Up

J-Man
02-12-2006, 07:57 AM
yo did y'all relize that the RZA is involved with Mark Ecko's Getting up as the voice of one of the main characters not sure which one i just seen the RZA interview on IGN.com about the game

crastuf
02-15-2006, 05:53 AM
yeah I found out this summer. the music should be dope though. When does it come out I've seen the commercials

Queen Of Poetry
02-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Oh seriously.....that'll be sick......

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
02-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Yeah nice game.There will also be a HELLENIC featurin from the producer of the group Phase 3.Check the track: http://www.phase3.gr/homepage/mp3/gettin_up_scratch_version.mp3

P-Noid Brown
02-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Forget Talib... Copp The Game To Support Hip-hop .....the First Grafitti Game Ever... Thas Wassup! By The Way The Game Came Out Yesterday ... Copp That Shit And F.y.i. Rza Marc Ecko And Cope 2 Will Be At Virgin Megastore In N.y. Tommorrow (16th) Signing The Game! Starts At 6:00 P.m. To 8:00 P.m. Come Thru Show Some Love And Support! ~peace~

P-Noid Brown
02-15-2006, 03:04 PM
legato if you are interested we can make something happen but i will be upset if i purchase this for you to tell me, your not interested. i will be there in full effect tommorrow. e-mail me at adcdsb8@mellon.com. before 6:00 p.m. tonite.

J-Man
02-16-2006, 05:33 AM
any chance u can get me a copy signed n send it out to england?

P-Noid Brown
02-16-2006, 09:51 AM
e-mail me....asap!

P-Noid Brown
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Tonite At Virgin Megastore In N.y. At 6:00 P.m. - 8:00 P.m.
Marc Ecko With Special Guests Rakim, The Rza, Seen, Cope 2 And T-kid Will Be Present!!!!

Please Come Support Real Hip-hop. Pick Up Your Copy Of Getting Up For Ps 2 Or X-box And There Is Also A Special Edition Available As Well!

I Will Be There See Ya'll There....peace. Phace...gettin Up Crew!

P-Noid Brown
02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
^^^^^^read~~~

Razorsharp
02-17-2006, 12:16 AM
did u get it signed p-noid???

and i had my g/f get me it, cuz i live in college and shes at home, so im gonna play the game tomorrow... ill let u peeps know if its d0pe... []Deace

P-Noid Brown
02-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Yo I Got My Shit Signed! The Game Is Definitely Dope Madd Love To All The Supporters Out There Supporting This Work Of Art. Last Nite Was Crazy Hot...definitely A Nite To Remember Rakim The God Was There! Rza Was There! Marc Was There! Cope 2 Was There! T-kid Was There! Yo Last Nite Was Super Dope Look Out For The Pics To Be Posted Soon!

Razorsharp
02-17-2006, 11:38 AM
damn.... i should of checked your thread sooner, i would of of paypaled you money as soon has u sent me an autograph one FAM... i know u aint a scam artist... i think...lmao

bLuEsHiFt
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Installing the game right now ;)

P-Noid Brown
02-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Nah B... I Keep It Real Plus If Imma Be Wu-fam... Imma Keep It Real To The Death Son... Best Believe... Cause I Wouldn't Like No One Doing Me Dirty... Razor U Cool Wit Me Kid Next Time Just Holla At Me I'll Take Care Of You. Fam Members Only ....peeeeeeeeeeeace!

P-Noid Brown
02-17-2006, 04:18 PM
No Doubt.... I Love My Wu-fam Nah Mean!? Whether They Wu Or Not U On This Site You Good Wit Me Nah Mean?!

I COPPED THE SPECIAL EDITION THAT COMES WITH A NEAT CARRIER'S CASE IT COMES WITH A SHARPIE, C.D. D.V.D. VIDEO GAME AND A BLACK BOOK!!! THA SHIT IS ILL.

MantiZ
02-18-2006, 02:51 AM
OK overall game is dope!
BUT!
1) Camera is annoying
2) Max resolution 1024*768 (On LCD's it looks especially ugly)
3) No video controls at all (except 3 resolution modes)
4) No quicksaves, no saves at all....

Anyway i play this game and i like it. (At last - game with GOOD soundtrack and ORIGINAL gameplay)

peace!

J-Man
02-18-2006, 05:14 AM
yo i didnt get it mainly cos im following the tour also i got one of m8 bois back home in England to pick up my preorder of the game n like i got a free t-shirt, its black with the games logo on the back and "still free" on the front like the one in the game n if the game came out in England first i wud have got da t-shirt signed by da RZA n put dat shit on ebay lol nah im illin i wud fukin frame it but it in ma living room wid ma posters n shit

Razorsharp
02-20-2006, 06:07 PM
u guys beat the game yet?? i jus got to the ghost yard with subway trains and about to go to the subway cleaner thingy... dope game, but camera angles suck and climbing shit and getting down shit is slow... lmao peace

A Streetcar Named Desire
02-21-2006, 09:37 AM
OK overall game is dope!
BUT!
1) Camera is annoying
2) Max resolution 1024*768 (On LCD's it looks especially ugly)
3) No video controls at all (except 3 resolution modes)
4) No quicksaves, no saves at all....

Anyway i play this game and i like it. (At last - game with GOOD soundtrack and ORIGINAL gameplay)

peace!

tfw ^ thatīs what up ! PLUS mad looooooooong load time (pc) and installation time too :thumbdwn:
why no mouse use in menu? :thumbdwn: music good? why the bad rock music? i mean. graffiti is straight rap .. they probably wanna sell to punks too
unstoppable intro.. straight storyline... whereīs the freedom?
i played only half hour yet and what can i say - ATARI is wack and thatīs the best they can do... i rate it 79% NOT WORTH BUYING except for the underground street atmosphere! fuck mark ecko. i got ecko wear en masse for a decade now but this game??? hm nonono i donīt buy such atari shit. i bet rockstar would have killed it.

P-Noid Brown
02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Rock Star Would Have Been A Great Publisher.... But The Game Is Still Dope. The Sound Track Is Awesome... This Game Is Hip-hop In The Purest Form... Whether U Like Satan Music Or Not... Definitely A Go Getter If You Like Graffin.

A Streetcar Named Desire
02-21-2006, 12:06 PM
no man! maybe this is the first game with graffities but thatīs not enough to be a good game. i mean, why not create custom made graffities in an editor or something like that.. i mean. i am NOT "TRANE". i canīt identifie weith a sucker who weain another name and style than me. damnit. i rate it down to 75% after another ten minutes playing. same shit as in DRIVER - stupid story modus nothing more. i canīt stand games where i canīt run around a lil bit free like in gta... i suggest noone buy this shit. get the soundtrack if you wanna have the best of it.

J-DON
02-21-2006, 12:19 PM
This isnt the first game about graffitti

you dudes is forgetting Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future! Those games shit on this one too.

The Graffiti parts of "The Warriors" are better this game. WTF is with this just fillin in a shape for graffiti, shit is boring they should have made it more challenging to get a peice up.

In jet set you had to follow a chain of commands to get the art up. In Warriors you had to trace a shape using the analog stick to get the art up. In ecko you ... press right... up... little right... down... shit is boring!

AND YOU CANT EVEN MAKE YOUR OWN SHIT LIKE YOU COULD IN JET GRIND!

The game overall is ok though i give it a 7...

The good about it is that the artwork looks ill when you get it on the wall, the soundtrack is good, the voices are cool and the wallclimbing and fighting is decent.

But its nowhere near Jet Set Radio and JSR Future...

DEFINATELY RENT IT FIRST!

Save your money and buy The Warriors if you dont have it. Trust me! Or if you got a dreamcast or x-box cop the jet grind games!

A Streetcar Named Desire
02-21-2006, 05:03 PM
^^ word
not to mentuon the ugly camera and the very stupid mouse control when it comes to fights. yeah. i stopped playing. itīs makin me sick on my tft . 7/10
72% like ecko72 haha ! and thatīs that

WuTangWarrior
02-21-2006, 05:17 PM
is the warriors a good game?? whats that shit about

Razorsharp
02-21-2006, 06:33 PM
how far are u in the game P-noid?

P-Noid Brown
02-22-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm In The 3 Rd Chapter.... It's Difficult As Fuck, God Damn Ccf Be Fucking Me Up.

MantiZ
02-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Ok i finished it off yesterday. I couldnt finish last graf (where you have to redo poster in a studio on the blimp) because of stupid bug so i had to restart level for about 10 times hoping that bug will dissappear...and it dissapeared :D

I haven't seen so bugged game since Tomb Rider 3

oDoUoSoKo
02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
are u a cave man? lol j/k, anyway how is the game, i herd it was trash

Razorsharp
02-24-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm In The 3 Rd Chapter.... It's Difficult As Fuck, God Damn Ccf Be Fucking Me Up.

especially the silver ones.... FUCK THE CCK... not CCF... lmao

P-Noid Brown
02-24-2006, 10:53 AM
yea u right cck.. lol my fault them niggaz be beatin the shit outta me.

J-DON
02-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I havent played in like a week.

im stuck on Gabes hood. Cant get around without gettin fucked up by the CCK!!!

poop one
03-01-2006, 06:31 PM
is the warriors a good game?? whats that shit about

im inerested too

P-Noid Brown
03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
any one going to the 105.1 birthday bash? i'm gonna be promoting at the marc ecko gettin up booth...holla like you know me when u see me.

Rebel_INS
03-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Yea I heard the news from sohh.com that he was involved in the game. Good stuff, I wouldt buy that game though, just rent it.

J-DON
03-05-2006, 09:32 PM
im inerested too

The Warriors is ill. Its based on the Cult Classic film of the same name and is made by Rockstar the makers of grand theft auto. This is the spiritual successor to Final Fight and games like that. Basically what you do is you go around bustin rival gangs up and making a name for your gang. The fighting is kinda basic but deep enough to make it fun and story is alot better than Getting up, the voice acting is incredible, they really took the world of the movie (which is an awesome flick) and brought it to videogame flawlessly with a backstory that did justice to the film leading up to its events. Its just a bad ass game. 2 player co-op is fun as hell. You have Graffiti missions as bonuses where the graffiti is alot more sophisticated and fun to do than in Getting Up. You can break into stores to loot, break into cars to steal stereos, hold up people at knifepoint, have 9 on 9 rumbles with all sorts of shit. Shit is gully.

Id give it a 9.5

The only thing is the graphics arent that great (only a lil better than the GTA games)

P-Noid Brown
03-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Yo Important Message!!!! They Will Be Pulling Gettin Up Off Of The Market... Get Your Hands On The Limited Edition Asap!!!!!!!!!!! America Sucksssssssssssssssssss What Good Use Is The Freedom Of Speech If We Can't Use It!?!?!?! Fuck The Government !!!!!!

J-Man
03-08-2006, 03:20 PM
wtf what they pulling it of da selves fo?

P-Noid Brown
03-08-2006, 03:59 PM
stating that the game is promoting graffiti .... that's some bullshit... this game is hot... FUCK THE BULLSHIT SUPPORT GETTING UP!!! WE CAN'T LET THE SYSTEM HOLD US DOWN.......!!!

$icka Than Aidz
03-08-2006, 04:28 PM
fuck, this mark ecko shit has been goin on forever. that would suck to see it go down in flames

Luther Large
03-08-2006, 04:39 PM
this game is gay so is marc ecko and his corny ideas he thinks is cool

36chambers
03-09-2006, 09:18 AM
I rented this game last nite, its pretty sick. I just finished graffin the trains up.

Murdah Piff
03-10-2006, 08:33 AM
fuck this game there will be an invasion of toys who are gonna write trane and cope2, you will never feel the rush of true life bombing this game is sellin out graffiti and hip hop nice job marc ecko hip hop sucks more because of you now

Murdah Piff
03-10-2006, 08:40 AM
p.s. this game is like free ups for my nigga Trane UV TPK crew gangsta graff form Marseille you fear the Ultra Violent crew The Psychopath Killers crew peep the graff movie "Pirates:Graffiti Is Not Dead" youll see

TrueDciple
03-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Yo Important Message!!!! They Will Be Pulling Gettin Up Off Of The Market... Get Your Hands On The Limited Edition Asap!!!!!!!!!!! America Sucksssssssssssssssssss What Good Use Is The Freedom Of Speech If We Can't Use It!?!?!?! Fuck The Government !!!!!!

So.... no PSP version?

P-Noid Brown
03-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Most Likely Not... They Are Hating On Our Hip-hop Culture As Always... The Fucking Game Even Comes With A Waiver Stating That They Aren't Promoting Graffiti.