PDA

View Full Version : The Richest community in America.

WARPATH
02-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Here are some pictures taken from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Out of respect, i'm only gonna post pictures of houses that people abandoned, however it should be noted that houses that people live in are as bad if not worse- then the one I post here. This is just to give you an Idea of some the things you would see in my community.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/northridgehouse-2.jpg
Northridge..............

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00668.jpg
took these in a moving vehicle.................

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00670.jpg
The BUCKETS.....Notorius party house, where you pee and shit.......in a bucket...........hence the name.........the buckets.........

WARPATH
02-22-2006, 02:39 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00665.jpg
probably a wood stove accident...................

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00664.jpg
White Clay, NE on the border of Pinde Ridge, SD.........mural on the side of bar. White clay sell more cans of beer then the entire city of Chicago every year. White ranchers buy land on the reservation and avoid paying the taxes and shit required everywhere else in america........fattening their pockets. If we got our shit together this wouldn't be a problem.

RZA's Wife aka Goddess
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
In the middle of nowhere.

iniquity
02-22-2006, 02:58 PM
White ranchers buy land on the reservation and avoid paying the taxes and shit required everywhere else in america........fattening their pockets. If we got our shit together this wouldn't be a problem.

So, force the white ranchers to pay taxes, shit , seems like ya need the money ...

Wamukota X
02-22-2006, 03:08 PM
You can't get Europeans to do nothing they don't want to do. They about total domination.

WARPATH
02-22-2006, 10:02 PM
So, force the white ranchers to pay taxes, shit , seems like ya need the money ...

ranchers pay up a leasing fee, and get to graze cattle without actually buying the land, if I was smart i'd get my cattle up too, but I grew up in the city and i'm not a cowboy so I wouldn't know how to do it. Besides ranchers are people just trying to raise their families too..........the real problem is tribal government, alcholism, basically not having knowledge of self.

as far as being in middle of nowhere.............that's partly true, we're surrounded by badlands, can't farm shit really, sunflowers, corn, not much else will grow. But it's spread out, majority of the population of natives live in small towns, ranchers live out where the natives can't rob their shit---I mean deep in the boonies......this one rancher even has an airplane hangar for his airplane to keep an eye on his cows. I'll post up some more pictures later.

Prolifical ENG
02-22-2006, 10:42 PM
yeah, i seen a bunch of reservations like that.

but you cant really call a reservation "poor", its more "impoverished".

WARPATH
02-23-2006, 10:45 AM
yeah, i seen a bunch of reservations like that.

but you cant really call a reservation "poor", its more "impoverished".

No doubt, but my reservation is poor, I mean we just went into 36 million in debt to another tribe, and that doesn't include the money were already in debt for. Just google search poorest community in america and check the statistics. It's like some kids run around with out shoes because it's warm outside, but on the reservation, kids run around with out shoes because they don't have the money for them. A lot of families still don't have running water and pulmbing in their homes. A lot of the trailer homes we live are from the 70's and inside looks worse then the outside, they look modern but they ain't hooked up water or sewer, and sometimes not even electricty, a big part of the population warms their house with wood stoves, wich results in a lot of house fires. I'll get some more pics today.

Maboya
02-23-2006, 12:16 PM
No doubt, but my reservation is poor, I mean we just went into 36 million in debt to another tribe, and that doesn't include the money were already in debt for. Just google search poorest community in america and check the statistics. It's like some kids run around with out shoes because it's warm outside, but on the reservation, kids run around with out shoes because they don't have the money for them. A lot of families still don't have running water and pulmbing in their homes. A lot of the trailer homes we live are from the 70's and inside looks worse then the outside, they look modern but they ain't hooked up water or sewer, and sometimes not even electricty, a big part of the population warms their house with wood stoves, wich results in a lot of house fires. I'll get some more pics today.

PEACE to all my NDN's on KTL...

real good post CHARGING...hopefully we'll get to build in the near future

PEACE and BLESSINGS

SLATTS
02-24-2006, 04:39 AM
That's digusting. I cant believe that exists in the worlds richest country.

SLATTS
02-24-2006, 04:39 AM
You can't get Europeans to do nothing they don't want to do. They about total domination.

Europeans? I thought they were American?

Wamukota X
02-24-2006, 08:34 AM
They rose up out of the Caucasus Mountains didn't they, this mountain range is in Europe therefore European. But in this thread the title of the people doesn't matter. The point is that they have destroyed over 500 different tribes of Native Americans all by themsevles. If you don't want to call them Europeans how about "Natural Born Killers." Peace.

SLATTS
02-24-2006, 02:04 PM
I can live with Natural Born Killers, cool

Wamukota X
02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I figured you would.

SLATTS
02-24-2006, 02:17 PM
I figured you would.

Why?

Wamukota X
02-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Call it intuition.

WARPATH
02-24-2006, 02:58 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00674.jpg
Just a house.................

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00672.jpg
FEMA trailor, after a tornado hit back in 98 or 99(can't remember) Fema brought over 60 of them. Don't go on vacation in this neighborhood. The neighbors jacked everything including the kitchen sink, check it even the skirting was jacked.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00675.jpg
Throw it in the gutter, and go buy another.
People are required to haul they're own trash to the dump. If you don't have a car or truck, how are you gonna take of your own trash? Piles like this near residents homes is common. At this angle you can't see how big the pile actually is.

WARPATH
02-24-2006, 02:59 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00671.jpg
ARSON!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00676.jpg
And even more Arson. Like I said, don't go on vacation in this neighber hood.

WARPATH
02-24-2006, 08:17 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00677.jpg
This lady had about seven kids, no dad(s), I delivered water to them why they waited to get hooked up to the water and sewer. No out house, i'm still wandering where they used the bathroom. One of the kids had fetal alchol sydrome, he didn't know they didn't have shit, so it didn't bother him, I think he was the only kid that was happy their. The kids basically took care of the mom, they fed themselves, cooked outside on a homade grill, Ramen for lunch breakfast and dinner. A two year old baby offered me a dirty apple one time. The younger kids all claimed that their big sister was watching them, and that she was inside the house, I knew better though- You can't keep a teenage girl home in a shit hole like this, if the mom never wants to stay there. I use to check up on them everyday to make sure their water tank was full. If they ran out the kids had to walk about a half mile behind their house through a field with five gallon buckets and lug them back. The kids varied in age but they were all under 12(besides the older sister), they hated life and I could tell buy there bad little mouths, cussing me out evertime I showed up in the water truck.

One time, around the first, when checks come out, the mom took off with the ADC check. She left the kids in care of the older sister(as always) and the she was suppose to take care them with the SSI check(for the fas kid). Anyways, she got the check and took off with her boyfriend to get drunk. Left all the kids home alone. The mom and the sister didn't come back for a couple of days, and the kids ran out of food. So they started walking along the high-way. Cops picked them up. Yet, no body wants these kids, so the mother always get them back anyways.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00678.jpg
Don't leave your house unattended for no length of time...............you'll get jacked for your alluminum siding............................................ ...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/DSC00679.jpg
or you'll get jacked for your walls.

LORD NOSE
02-24-2006, 08:27 PM
that shit shouldn't exist at all

WARPATH
02-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Not everything about the Reservation is ugly......................

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/badlands007.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/badlands005.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/badlands001.jpg

The bad lands surround the North, West, and East sides of the reservation, to south you have nebraska, once you get past white clay it's like a different world- night and day. If you wanted to ecscape the reservation I wouldn't suggest doing it on foot, you'll get lynched in nebraska, but I wouldn't test the badlands. Many believe the badlands are haunted. Many natives were massacred in the badlands after the ghostdance, just before the wounded knee massacre. As you can see, you can't grow nothing on the soil. The government used it as bombing range, like on some incredible Hulk gamma ray type shit. Radiation caused 3 eyed fish like the simpsons, and relibable sources claim to have seen spiders bigger then dogs.

LORD NOSE
02-24-2006, 09:08 PM
thats the devil for you

LORD NOSE
02-25-2006, 02:31 PM
i would like to see the features and dress of the people here

Maboya
02-25-2006, 03:10 PM

What?

LORD NOSE
02-25-2006, 03:14 PM
What?

let me know if thats not clear enough for you

Maboya
02-25-2006, 03:23 PM

let me know if thats not clear enough for you

Do you think that they will be dressed in full native garments? And what is the reason for you wanting to see their "features"? I could understand FACES but "features" seems like you're looking for something specific.

LORD NOSE
02-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Do you think that they will be dressed in full native garments? And what is the reason for you wanting to see their "features"? I could understand FACES but "features" seems like you're looking for something specific.

what i'm looking for is what i'm looking for

what the fuck does that have to do with you ?

you wanna start another fight in a peaceful cipher

stop asking me stupid ass questions yo

WuTangWarrior
02-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Not everything about the Reservation is ugly......................

The bad lands surround the North, West, and East sides of the reservation, to south you have nebraska, once you get past white clay it's like a different world- night and day. If you wanted to ecscape the reservation I wouldn't suggest doing it on foot, you'll get lynched in nebraska, but I wouldn't test the badlands. Many believe the badlands are haunted. Many natives were massacred in the badlands after the ghostdance, just before the wounded knee massacre. As you can see, you can't grow nothing on the soil. The government used it as bombing range, like on some incredible Hulk gamma ray type shit. Radiation caused 3 eyed fish like the simpsons, and relibable sources claim to have seen spiders bigger then dogs.
Why and who would lynch you in Nebraska??? And how are the badlands haunted??? I had no idea it was possible for spiders to be bigger than dogs but its believable. Please post all the pics you got and drop info cause im very concerned with this man, thanks for bringing this up. Do you know the approximate population of the people that live like this? Did you once live there and how did you get out and be able to afford a computer and such? These are just some questions i have man cause this is just unnecessary for people to let that happen. Thanks for bringing this up. Also, can yall give me the brief summary on the conflict between native americans and caucasions or "natural born killers" like the previous posters called em.

Maboya
02-25-2006, 04:10 PM
what i'm looking for is what i'm looking for

what the fuck does that have to do with you ?

you wanna start another fight in a peaceful cipher

stop asking me stupid ass questions yo

Yeah, it's a most PEACE cipher until the same person who asserted that ALOT OF NATIVE AMERICANS ARE GOVERNMENT EXPIRIMENTS requested to see the "features" of the people who live in this part of the country.

LORD NOSE
02-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, it's a most PEACE cipher until the same person who asserted that ALOT OF NATIVE AMERICANS ARE GOVERNMENT EXPIRIMENTS requested to see the "features" of the people who live in this part of the country.

found something to fight about huh

i wrote what i wrote and i stand by it

and what does me wanting to see how the people of that area look have to do with me writing ALOT OF SO -CALLED NATIVE AMERICANS ARE GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENTS - your trying to bring up a "beef" that was already squash just like the negative agent of chaos you are - but again - i see you

Maboya
02-25-2006, 04:26 PM
found something to fight about huh

Nah it was a direct question bruh, the hell you want to see about their features?

i wrote what i wrote and i stand by it

Until your ass gets knocked the fuck down.

and what does me wanting to see how the people of that area look
have to do with me writing ALOT OF SO -CALLED NATIVE AMERICANS ARE GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENTS -

YOU sounding like the government experiment, you can't even deciphr how the two things correlate.

your trying to bring up a "beef" that was already squash just like the negative agent of chaos you are - but again - i see you

There's no "beef", and what you said best believe isn't "squashed". What WILL be "squashed" is your bird chest if you say that shit around the wrong people.

LORD NOSE
02-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Nah it was a direct question bruh, the hell you want to see about their features?

Until your ass gets knocked the fuck down.

YOU sounding like the government experiment, you can't even deciphr how the two things correlate.

There's no "beef", and what you said best believe isn't "squashed". What WILL be "squashed" is your bird chest if you say that shit around the wrong people.

lol - you prove me right all the time angry man - you ain't gonna do shit yo so stop your post wars with me and grow the fuck up -

tajeco
02-25-2006, 04:37 PM
They rose up out of the Caucasus Mountains didn't they, this mountain range is in Europe therefore European. But in this thread the title of the people doesn't matter. The point is that they have destroyed over 500 different tribes of Native Americans all by themsevles. If you don't want to call them Europeans how about "Natural Born Killers." Peace.

that's funny, not like funny funny, but true. But not all of us, I prefer to chill.

Maboya
02-25-2006, 04:38 PM
lol - you prove me right all the time angry man - you ain't gonna do shit yo so stop your post wars with me and grow the fuck up -

Whose angry clown man - I never said I would do shit I said you're convictions on NA's expressed to the wrong person can possibly get your ass hurt - and you should be the one to talk about growing the fuck up with your cartoonish personalities that you post all day on KTL.

LORD NOSE
02-25-2006, 04:43 PM
I never said I would do shit I said you're convictions on NA's expressed to the wrong person can possibly get your ass hurt

Thanks for the advise - now leave me alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS
true words - the vain just wants to be looked at as knowledgeable

forcing info into a disscussion by way of baiting someone to debate you is foolish and childish - proof and facts cannot be provided by copy pasting someone elses reasearch or listing the books where you claim to have got your so called proof from into a reply box - "i can prove it,look what it says in this book" - its sad - having Knowledge(information) is great, but when you don't know how to convey it to the cipher using wisdom and understanding its dangerous

first - this stands as true - but he just doesn't get it

thelion1856
02-25-2006, 04:50 PM
first of all i find it highly impossible for a spider to grow as big as a dog, the biggest spider grows to be the size of a small cat & this spider does not exist & could not live in the north american climate.

Second spiders only grow as much as they eat, yeah spiders grow non stop but it has to have a steady supply of food to grow, if a spider does not eat for a long time it will actually shrink in size. By those bad land pics i dont see much "food" these spiders could live by. No signs of life in them.

Third even if they had enough food to grow that big, it would take a long time.

Fourth these witnessess that claim to have seen them would most likely have been attacked by these things.

WARPATH
02-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Why and who would lynch you in Nebraska??? And how are the badlands haunted??? I had no idea it was possible for spiders to be bigger than dogs but its believable. Please post all the pics you got and drop info cause im very concerned with this man, thanks for bringing this up. Do you know the approximate population of the people that live like this? Did you once live there and how did you get out and be able to afford a computer and such? These are just some questions i have man cause this is just unnecessary for people to let that happen. Thanks for bringing this up.

Just to the south you have nebraska, it's like once you leave the rez, you see the world how it is on Television, peaceful nice, tranquil, how middle america country famers and small towns are percieved. But there are racist people, and there have been dead inians found in the ditch by white clay recently. Not just nebraska but in south dakota too......i'l get a picture of some the small towns........it's like the south with blacks and segragation and what not.......only in the north they didn't have blacks to hang so they hung indians. Racism is bad in the towns and cities surrounding the reservation in South Dakota, and the border towns in nebraska.

There are all types of stories about the super natural in the badlandz and surrounding wounded knee community, where there was a massace of native's in 1890 surrounding the ghostdance.

The population of the entire rez is estimated around 40,000. But this number is actually bigger because a lot of people do not answer to the census. There are a lot of families that live together inside one home. For example, I lived with my parents, my two teenage sisters, my brother, my girlfriend, three of my kids, and my son from a previous relationship, in a 3 bedroom mobile home. Before that we lived in my grand mothers house, then it was my grandmother, auntie, 7 cousins, my dad, my brother, and my two sisters in a two bedroom house. There would be bodies scattered across the living room floor, and fights over the shower, if you didn't get in early enuff you got cold shower before school.

I eventually got my own place. I had to live without running water and sewer for a year, getting water delived into a 65 gallon tank about once a week. We didn't have a septic or sewage system yet either so I used an outhouse for a year. It's a very spiritual experience digging a big hole your gonna have to shit in. I delivered water to other homes like mine, becuase I work for the water company, And I seen other houses like mine, where some people didn't even have an outhouse, they would use a bucket, or probably walk to the gas station or neighbor/relative that had sewer. I had to shower at my mothers house for a year, I would just pack a back pack with toiletreys and clothes go to my mothers in the morning.

Back in 1999(I think) a few tornados hit the rez, and Clinton came to the rez to speak, and FEMA came to provide relief. There were 60 or so Fema trailors given out, and bunch of promises never fufilled. At that time(I think) the rez was wired up with fiber optics, and that's why I can speak to you over the net now. However, the rez is still waiting for a water pipe line from the missouri river, so we can be wired up to running water. Currently the water systems are running off a bunch of different wells, where the water is bad in some areas, people can't get wells. So they're waiting to get tied into the water system.

As far as how many people live without running water and sewer? I'd say close to 200 families, of people stuffed into trailers. Some people have a yard hydrant but still don't have sewer. So families without sewer is close to like 300. These are just my guesses though..........................

I still live on the rez, and the reason I can afford a computer is because I work, a luxury many natives on the rez don't have. There are Jobs here, mainly for the tribe, utilities, schools and at the hospitol that pay decent wages, but the jobs there are scarce. If you don't get a job at either places, theres three other options: Taco Johns, Pizza Hut, Big Bats Gas station. They all pay minmum wage and have high turn over rates, but the chance of getting a job their is slim becuase everybody.....everybody......everybody has and application in. The unemployment rate here is the highest in country. And if you don't have money how are you gonna pay the electic bill? How will you buy gas to heat your home? People use wood stoves, because there's plenty of things burn around her, resulting in a lot of house fires.

WARPATH
02-25-2006, 05:52 PM
first of all i find it highly impossible for a spider to grow as big as a dog, the biggest spider grows to be the size of a small cat & this spider does not exist & could not live in the north american climate.

Second spiders only grow as much as they eat, yeah spiders grow non stop but it has to have a steady supply of food to grow, if a spider does not eat for a long time it will actually shrink in size. By those bad land pics i dont see much "food" these spiders could live by. No signs of life in them.

Third even if they had enough food to grow that big, it would take a long time.

Fourth these witnessess that claim to have seen them would most likely have been attacked by these things.

First off, I never siad that they existed, I just siad relibale sources have claimed to have spotted them. Several people whom I respect have told me stories about when they seen them. I doubt you are scientist that's worked in a nuclear test site, to make claims that something can't grow to that size. Like I said it's on some Incredible hulk type shit.

Second, there are animals in the badlandz, snakes, dear, porcupines, baders, and cows on the grassy parts. There's plants their to eat, I just stated that because you can't farm their.

Third, have you studied the effects of radiation on living organisms? Really do you know anyone that would want stick around and old bombing range? Do you know anyone that would want to work with radioactive material? It's been a long time since they bombed there. Since they started testing bombs.

Fourth, the eyewitness that seen these were usually in cars, broke down in the bad landz or out of gas. Would you think the government would let something like giant spider that leak out into major media? They would have bunch of natives sueing because of cancer deaths and shit. Who knows, if there were some giant spiders, they could all be dead by now. Besides who would believe a bunch of drunk superstitious indians right?

If you actually came here and went camping in the Bad Lands at night you might have a different view on things.

Koolish
02-25-2006, 08:10 PM

what the fuck is that? cut your racist bull shit.

WARPATH
02-25-2006, 08:18 PM

I might post up some pics, if people want to be photographed, if not I'll post a picture of myself. But this thread isn't the poorest people in america, a lot of Lakota people are still rich in spirituality and that's all that really counts in the end.

WuTangWarrior
02-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Charging Soldier, man i respect you alot on the real, you've been through a real struggle. Is it safe around the place where you live?? I'd like to know how the environment your around is compared to these horrible conditions you and your people previously lived in. do you live in a small home like those you showed us, except probably bigger since you work? Wouldnt you be scared of the racist people that live around, if they're around your neighborhood or you have to go through them on your way to work and stuff. I just cannot imagine that extreme of racism we had 100s of years back, is still in effect but somewhere else on a different race. Sorry if im bein a pain man, i just wanna know more and more about this place, and if you got pics please up them so i can get a better picture in my mind about this. Peace.

WARPATH
02-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Charging Soldier, man i respect you alot on the real, you've been through a real struggle. Is it safe around the place where you live?? I'd like to know how the environment your around is compared to these horrible conditions you and your people previously lived in. do you live in a small home like those you showed us, except probably bigger since you work? Wouldnt you be scared of the racist people that live around, if they're around your neighborhood or you have to go through them on your way to work and stuff. I just cannot imagine that extreme of racism we had 100s of years back, is still in effect but somewhere else on a different race. Sorry if im bein a pain man, i just wanna know more and more about this place, and if you got pics please up them so i can get a better picture in my mind about this. Peace.

It would help you by researching to Pine Ridge a little bit yourself, and get other peoples views instead of mine, but as far as being a pain, nah man that's why I set up this thread, to share my reality.

The Pine Ridge Reservation is like a bunch of small towns linked togehter by narrow highways. You got Pine Ridge and Oglala on one side, you got Maderson, Wouded Knee, Porcupine in the middle, Kyle, Allen, Wambli, on the east side. Then theres a few other smaller communities inbetween where most of the houses are spread out, like slim buttes, rocky ford, sharps.

The racist people live in the towns that are off the boarder of the Rez. You have White Clay, rushville, gordon, and Martin. This where most of the ranchers do thier buisness. Within in the past 50 years there's been a lot of seriouss racial tension. But you could say that the racists would be scared to come into our community. That's why the recent murders were from people walking down the road. But as far as being scared to go into their towns? Nah I lived in Rushville for a few months, it was just too quite and tranquil for me, but I was harrassed by the police pushing my daughter in stroller to the grocery store, to spend money and stimulate their economy. I've been to their bars and sometimes racial tensions esclate, but for the most part those small white towns are quiet. It's like the real racist people that would throw are people in their jails and beat the shit out of them still live there, but there are some good white folks in those towns who welcome native buissness, and I'm cool with them. I fear a little bit for my son, he lives in martin with his mom, and he's gonna have to go through some racist shit.

The real harm I face around here is from my own people. Alcholism is bad, like I siad White Clay NE, on the boarder of the town Pine Ridge SD, sells more beer then the entire city of chicago.......and drinking is against the law on the rez. I mean it's outlawed to drink and sell, so that's why you have these bars on the border selling it, and making a killing off my people................litterally. There's bar on the east edge of the boarder where they sell you 40 ounces inside the bar. I mean not OE in a cup.............litterally they'll stick whole 40 ouncer in your hand and you can drink that shit in the bar. Since I moved back here from Denver, I've been jumped three times, and been held up at gunpoint by an old man. My child hood friend and his girlfriend was killed by the plolice for firing uzi rounds off in one of the neighborhoods. He opened fire at the cops, his girlfriend was killed in the cross fire, fucked up off coke and whiskey. There are so many drunk drivers around her, my biggest fear is driving home from work and being hit into by on of them. I've had a dozen of my friends killed in alcahol related accidents. The roads are bad too, I flipped a truck on Ice and rolled twice before landing back on the tires.

The closets City is a hundred miles away... Rapid City, which is the Rape Capitol of america. I was talking with this white girl and she siad her boyfriend got raped by one of his friends, inside his house. I guess she came home and her boyfriend was passed out and his body was on top of him hittin ass..............Rape City......That's where I do most of my shopping. A few of my cousins and I stopped a guy trying to rape a school teacher jogging through the park once, we got some news covearge, becuase we were just kids at the time. Rapid City, alot of natives that get off the rez move to Rapid, and racial tensions are really bad there too. They found some dead natives in the same park I was talking about earlier, racial killings.

As far as my house................I have a modern mobile home like the ones in the pictures only brand new, it's alright for the rez, i'll probably post up a picture later.

Pine Ridge is like............you got a bunch of people driving around all night drinking, cops don't do shit about it. You got a bunch of little gang bangers stabbing and shooting each other. You can't walk around at night cuz you might get jumped or stabbed, I got jumped right out side my house......twice. You can't leave nothing outside in your yard becuase it'll get jacked.

Wamukota X
02-27-2006, 08:12 AM
what the fuck is that? cut your racist bull shit.

I didn't say anything racist. I didn't say I hate anyone I only gave historical facts that anyone that knows how to read can look up and verify. You are not justified in calling me racist for something I had no part in but was and is a continuing victim of an evil people. Thats just real. I delivered my post in peace and justice you on the other hand start off with offensive, vile and putrid words to try to discredit the truth. They seems rather demonic. The truth remains that Europeans destroyed over 500 tribes of Native Americans all by themselves. What's racist about that? Please enlighten.

Koolish
02-27-2006, 10:29 AM
rac·ism http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dracist) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (rhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/amacr.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifshttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ibreve.gifzhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/lprime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gifm)
n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Wamukota X
02-27-2006, 12:26 PM
rac·ism http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dracist) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (rhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/amacr.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifshttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ibreve.gifzhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/lprime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gifm)
n.

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I doubt you will overstand this but here it goes. I did not ask for webster's or Cambridge definition of the word racism. I know what the word means. Let me explain to you what I was asking you to enlighten me about. I restated historical information, a universal truth in this modern time that, "Europeans destroyed over 500 tribes of Native Americans all by themselves." Now explain how restating history can make someone racist. Please don't cut and paste definitions from someone else. You completely avoided answering that question. If you are going to accuse someone of being something you must have proof. Right now you have no justification for your words or actions. Show and prove Koolish.
If not then our conversation is done and I stand correct.

Dirty Knowledge
02-27-2006, 01:05 PM
So are you the only one with a computer and the internet in your area? Or is it common for your neighbors to have them as well? What I understand about American Indians is that they live on their own. They don't accept anything from us Americans or take handouts. I could be wrong. But if a murder happens in an indian reservation down here in Florida (which is a pretty big indian populared state) the sherriff's office of the nearest county doesn't go there. They have their own police, government, judges and all that. I mean, I didn't read many replys I just looked at the pics and noticed someone talking about 'getting back'. You have to understand, this is how Indians live. Just having a rundown warehouse building is like a super-sized teepee to them. Not trying to be funny, but Indians are natural man. Sleeping in the dirt up against the trunk of a tree isn't depressing to them nor a struggle to have to do that. I mean, that's how I see it. You have the poor blacks, latins, whites, arabs that live in ghettos and section 8's who get money from the government to live. They're not trying to live in run down houses and shit. They're FORCED to live that way. As far as I see it, there is no 'poorest community'. America as a whole right now is pretty poor. We're in a poor state. We live in the most diverse country there is. But I would like anyone to dissprove my point about Indians. Do they live on some America guidelines? I'm not sure. I know they sell cigarettes, porno and liqour at little mobile homes they turned in to stores. I know they will cry over the pollution but open up 30 casinos down the highways and byways. It's the same old story repeating itself once again..

BTW, I'm not even sure if you the dude who posted these pics live on an indian reservation or just an indian community so if the latter than basically this whole reply is worthless to the point yet still meaningful.

WARPATH
02-27-2006, 01:20 PM
So are you the only one with a computer and the internet in your area? Or is it common for your neighbors to have them as well? What I understand about American Indians is that they live on their own. They don't accept anything from us Americans or take handouts. I could be wrong. But if a murder happens in an indian reservation down here in Florida (which is a pretty big indian populared state) the sherriff's office of the nearest county doesn't go there. They have their own police, government, judges and all that. I mean, I didn't read many replys I just looked at the pics and noticed someone talking about 'getting back'. You have to understand, this is how Indians live. Just having a rundown warehouse building is like a super-sized teepee to them. Not trying to be funny, but Indians are natural man. Sleeping in the dirt up against the trunk of a tree isn't depressing to them nor a struggle to have to do that. I mean, that's how I see it. You have the poor blacks, latins, whites, arabs that live in ghettos and section 8's who get money from the government to live. They're not trying to live in run down houses and shit. They're FORCED to live that way. As far as I see it, there is no 'poorest community'. America as a whole right now is pretty poor. We're in a poor state. We live in the most diverse country there is. But I would like anyone to dissprove my point about Indians. Do they live on some America guidelines? I'm not sure. I know they sell cigarettes, porno and liqour at little mobile homes they turned in to stores. I know they will cry over the pollution but open up 30 casinos down the highways and byways. It's the same old story repeating itself once again..

BTW, I'm not even sure if you the dude who posted these pics live on an indian reservation or just an indian community so if the latter than basically this whole reply is worthless to the point yet still meaningful.

Read through everything I posted in this thread before you type up this ignorant bullshit.

Indians like to sleeping in dirt? Are you serious? I like to sleep in a bed. Who doesn't? This whole thread disproves your point. You think I want to live in a junked out trailor. You think natives choose to live poor? I'd take the ghetto over the reservation any day. READ THE THREAD JUNIOR READ IT.

See this that misconception shit I was talking about in a different thread. Everyone think just because natives can set up a casino they're getting paid. Yeah we got a casino, it doesn't make shit. The government puts a limit on how many machines the reservation can have in their Casino.

We all suffer the same when we're poor, and that's why set up this thread, to show you some people got it worse then you. We can argue all day about who's poorest, but what's the point? Just google poorest community in america, and then maybe you'll see.

Dirty Knowledge
02-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Charging Soldier: nah you don't though, becuase some people you know don't pay taxes, that's cuz they don't work, you think we live in teepees and shit, and trailor is a step up, I tried to teach you something so you wouldn't go around so ignorant making yourself look stupid, but you do that to yourself anyways so i'm done with trying to build with you.............................your off my buddy list bitch.

RZA would be mad at you son.. off your buddy list? Dude think he in How High. Speaking of which. How High are you? You posting pictures of poor ass places misleading me making me think that's your hood and it's not? Yeah son, for you it's not a step up to a trailor. But for those who still live in caves motherfucker it is. Man you lived an American lifestyle.. PS2s to the fucking fake ass Wu chain on your neck son. I've lived in places where we had to sleep 3 to a bed, some on the floor, sharing meals.. struggling. So what? I've moved up from the 90's though that's real. I can live anywhere though. I don't care if I live in a roach-infested crib and sleep on the floor.. I can do it. It doesn't matter, I've been exposed to those living conditions in my life. I have the luxory and blessing of a bed..food..water though. Hot water. Indians that the Indians like you take pictures of and post on the internet about.. they don't care about having to live like that either. And they don't have that luxory of a bed, hot water and real cooked meals. They don't have the big screen watching their favorite team every Sunday on FOX. So to them.. it's nothing! That's who I refer to. The Indians who still live the real Indian spirit and their kids are learned their knowledge and live according to their laws and they don't walk around bumping Wu Tang Clan in Sony Headphones. So don't call me ignorant and call me a stereotyper.. you take me out of context you start to assume and make an ass out of u and me. So just ignore me or take me off your buddy list here too or whatever.. bitch.

I apologize for the tee-pee remarks.. I understand how that could be someway offensive.

WARPATH
02-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Charging Soldier: nah you don't though, becuase some people you know don't pay taxes, that's cuz they don't work, you think we live in teepees and shit, and trailor is a step up, I tried to teach you something so you wouldn't go around so ignorant making yourself look stupid, but you do that to yourself anyways so i'm done with trying to build with you.............................your off my buddy list bitch.

RZA would be mad at you son.. off your buddy list? Dude think he in How High. Speaking of which. How High are you? You posting pictures of poor ass places misleading me making me think that's your hood and it's not? Yeah son, for you it's not a step up to a trailor. But for those who still live in caves motherfucker it is. Man you lived an American lifestyle.. PS2s to the fucking fake ass Wu chain on your neck son. I've lived in places where we had to sleep 3 to a bed, some on the floor, sharing meals.. struggling. So what? I've moved up from the 90's though that's real. I can live anywhere though. I don't care if I live in a roach-infested crib and sleep on the floor.. I can do it. It doesn't matter, I've been exposed to those living conditions in my life. I have the luxory and blessing of a bed..food..water though. Hot water. Indians that the Indians like you take pictures of and post on the internet about.. they don't care about having to live like that either. And they don't have that luxory of a bed, hot water and real cooked meals. They don't have the big screen watching their favorite team every Sunday on FOX. So to them.. it's nothing! That's who I refer to. The Indians who still live the real Indian spirit and their kids are learned their knowledge and live according to their laws and they don't walk around bumping Wu Tang Clan in Sony Headphones. So don't call me ignorant and call me a stereotyper.. you take me out of context you start to assume and make an ass out of u and me. So just ignore me or take me off your buddy list here too or whatever.. bitch.

I apologize for the tee-pee remarks.. I understand how that could be someway offensive.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/slippydapimp/q011303.gif

READ THE THREAD JUNIOR READ IT.................you mad becuase you got booted of my buddy list?

Like I said before, when we're poor we all suffer the same, ignorance doens't make it go away. It's pointless to argue about who had it worse growing up, who the fuck wants to argue about being poor. This thread is to inform.

Dirty Knowledge
02-27-2006, 04:01 PM
That's for real.. no one wanna argue 'bout being poor or uneducated or a gang banger. I still didn't really read the thread because I don't care for what you say that much. I simply replied to the pictures and I asked a question. You answered with an ignorant bullshit remark, some stupid comments and all that other shit. You're a bitch. You added me to your buddy list and told me we can solve this in a positive way. But I'm reading that like 'solve what?' Solve my way of thinking? You're posting poor places and trying to learn people? Learn who? Learn other thug niggas, rappers and Wu Heads? Like they all won't say they've suffered the same conditions? More than likely 9/10 people on this board will say they've lived poorly or have been through some really thugged out shit just to say it. I believe some people tell the truth on the 'net, but it's rare. Fact is, lying or not, they know what the struggle is. If this were White Suburb Forums, I would mad respect you for posting this. But it ain't. So why don't you take your wisdom of what you know and pearls and knowledge to people who don't know about a dirt road with a row of 15 ran down houses on either side of it. I know that. DaWuFan011 knows that weather he's suburbian wannabe ghetto or not. I'm sorry you took offense to my opinion and now you feel we're in a war about it.. but that's what it is with me. Like I said, I won't sugar coat shit to please someone. In real life, I steer away from topics and discussion I have no buisness in but I was misguided in to a thread because I saw "poorest community in America". So I decided to drop a bomb and let niggas know the 411. I appreciate the lesson in what you teach, but practice what you preach. Peace.

WARPATH
02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
That's for real.. no one wanna argue 'bout being poor or uneducated or a gang banger. I still didn't really read the thread because I don't care for what you say that much. I simply replied to the pictures and I asked a question. You answered with an ignorant bullshit remark, some stupid comments and all that other shit. You're a bitch. You added me to your buddy list and told me we can solve this in a positive way. But I'm reading that like 'solve what?' Solve my way of thinking? You're posting poor places and trying to learn people? Learn who? Learn other thug niggas, rappers and Wu Heads? Like they all won't say they've suffered the same conditions? More than likely 9/10 people on this board will say they've lived poorly or have been through some really thugged out shit just to say it. I believe some people tell the truth on the 'net, but it's rare. Fact is, lying or not, they know what the struggle is. If this were White Suburb Forums, I would mad respect you for posting this. But it ain't. So why don't you take your wisdom of what you know and pearls and knowledge to people who don't know about a dirt road with a row of 15 ran down houses on either side of it. I know that. DaWuFan011 knows that weather he's suburbian wannabe ghetto or not. I'm sorry you took offense to my opinion and now you feel we're in a war about it.. but that's what it is with me. Like I said, I won't sugar coat shit to please someone. In real life, I steer away from topics and discussion I have no buisness in but I was misguided in to a thread because I saw "poorest community in America". So I decided to drop a bomb and let niggas know the 411. I appreciate the lesson in what you teach, but practice what you preach. Peace.

Tell em why you mad kid.

Unless you got somthing productive to say stay the fuck out of this thread. You never grew up in or around Pine Ridge, so you don't know how it is. I do, and all your doing is talking shit becuase you slept with a few roaches. Mother fucker try sleeping with bed bugs and rocking salvation army underwear to school. Did you ever have to shit in bucket? Did you ever have to use an outhouse in the middle of the winter and have shit freeze up on your ass? Did you have your water delivered into a 65 gallon container once a week, and have to bathe your kids, wash clothes, dishes and try and make it last? Did you know the average person uses 65 gallons a day? Did you ever have to sleep with your winter coat on because your parents didn't pay for propane, or their to drunk to keep the wood stove burning? Nah unless your from third world county don't come at me with this bull shit. You tried to say natives like to suffer, fuck that. This thread had nothing to with being about thugs and gangbangers, it's about my people suffering in their own country.

Dirty Knowledge
02-27-2006, 04:44 PM
You're just another crybaby bitch.. crying this and crying that. You're bitch ass was never poor, you even said so on Yahoo. So don't come at me with 21 facts you dug up off the internet. The fact you can even enjoy the internet like you do day in and day out and bring this bullshit to me or anyone else on this board for that matter is a slap in the face. You rode two miles down the highway, drove through the shitholes, took pictures and went home to WuTangCorp.com to post pictures and cry about your people. Fuck you want me to reply with? "Wooow son.. you got it baaad.." Come to Little Haiti in Miami straight up and say that shit. Come to Mangonia Projects in West Palm Beach. Go to Deepside in Lauderdale and look how many ghettos upon ghettos upon abandoned houses where girls get raped in, drugs are sold and dead bodies are dropped there are. Go to Uniondale on Long Island by the Colesium and see how many bums cover the streets, sleeping in alleways.. parks.. anywhere. How many kids rocking blue and red, thugging for no fucking reason and therefore becoming a threat to anyone no matter if you the same way. I don't gotta compare lifes with you, because you're just going to top me with some more bullshit once I reslap you. You want me to bow down and shame away because you pissed in a fucking bucket? You wore Salvation Army clothes to school? Daaaamn kid! You got it bad. You'sa fucking bitch dogg, sense my sarcasm and shut the fuck up cuz you not even worth really digging deep down for. Fact is, Indians live off the land. That's their nature. When I, or anyone else really, should think of Indians I should 9/10 times think "That is a race of man that lives off land." and nothing else. So shut the fuck up stop trying to learn me on some poor place in bumfuck America that I'll never go to. If I ever do make millions in my lifetime though kid, I'll remember "Pine Ridge" and build a park there and school straight up real shit because of this little disagrement.

WARPATH
02-27-2006, 04:53 PM
You're just another crybaby bitch.. crying this and crying that. You're bitch ass was never poor, you even said so on Yahoo. So don't come at me with 21 facts you dug up off the internet. The fact you can even enjoy the internet like you do day in and day out and bring this bullshit to me or anyone else on this board for that matter is a slap in the face. You rode two miles down the highway, drove through the shitholes, took pictures and went home to WuTangCorp.com to post pictures and cry about your people. Fuck you want me to reply with? "Wooow son.. you got it baaad.." Come to Little Haiti in Miami straight up and say that shit. Come to Mangonia Projects in West Palm Beach. Go to Deepside in Lauderdale and look how many ghettos upon ghettos upon abandoned houses where girls get raped in, drugs are sold and dead bodies are dropped there are. Go to Uniondale on Long Island by the Colesium and see how many bums cover the streets, sleeping in alleways.. parks.. anywhere. How many kids rocking blue and red, thugging for no fucking reason and therefore becoming a threat to anyone no matter if you the same way. I don't gotta compare lifes with you, because you're just going to top me with some more bullshit once I reslap you. You want me to bow down and shame away because you pissed in a fucking bucket? You wore Salvation Army clothes to school? Daaaamn kid! You got it bad. You'sa fucking bitch dogg, sense my sarcasm and shut the fuck up cuz you not even worth really digging deep down for. Fact is, Indians live off the land. That's their nature. When I, or anyone else really, should think of Indians I should 9/10 times think "That is a race of man that lives off land." and nothing else. So shut the fuck up stop trying to learn me on some poor place in bumfuck America that I'll never go to. If I ever do make millions in my lifetime though kid, I'll remember "Pine Ridge" and build a park there and school straight up real shit because of this little disagrement.

Yeah right buddy right after i'm done taking my kids to Disney World.

7th MONK
02-27-2006, 05:56 PM
thats nothing, im from kentucky and i can show you shit that people live in mountains that make that place look like beverly hills.

the indians have been shited on.

WuTangWarrior
02-27-2006, 06:12 PM
i cant believe what im hearing, you guys call this "nothing", i got sympathy for the people living like this, or have it worse or maybe a lil better than Pine Ridge. Its fuckin stupid to argue. Fact is, this is a poor community, it may not be according to your views, but it is dirt poor and something has to be done about it. I thank Charging Soldier for bringing this to my attention. Whenever somebody throws valuables away like its nothing, i will always think about the people of Pine Ridge, as well as the other niggas in the projects living a lil better then the folks at Pine Ridge, but still got it really bad.

LHX
02-27-2006, 06:54 PM
why is everybody stressin?

everybody gonna have the opportunity to live in foul conditions soon enough

its a struggle for everybody on the planet

dont matter if youre in the slums
or
if you own shit

as long as slums exist on the planet
we are all living in it

cant we at least agree that this is a piece of shit planet to be living on right now?

hectis
02-27-2006, 07:04 PM
why is everybody stressin?

everybody gonna have the opportunity to live in foul conditions soon enough

its a struggle for everybody on the planet

dont matter if youre in the slums
or
if you own shit

as long as slums exist on the planet
we are all living in it

cant we at least agree that this is a piece of shit planet to be living on right now?

YEAH I AGREE WITH U

LORD NOSE
02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
i ain't gonna read the million word fight they posted up there yet - but someone please tell me they ain't fighting over whose ghetto,slum, is poorer

WARPATH
02-27-2006, 09:27 PM
i ain't gonna read the million word fight they posted up there yet - but someone please tell me they ain't fighting over whose ghetto,slum, is poorer

Nah, Dirty Knowledge tried to discredit the authenticity of this thread by saying I ain't who I claim to be, and then went on to say Natives like to live in dirt. I tried to build with him on yahoo chat, but rather then build he called me bullshitter, so I told him "I'm gonna take you off my buddy list bitch" so that's what it's all about.

I"m gonna start new thread in couple of days about the Wounded Knee massacree, with pictures of the mass grave site near my house, hopefully it won't get fucked up by a bunch of ignorant bullshit.

MaShPG
02-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Lakota people are still rich in spirituality and that's all that really counts in the end.

Aaah refreshing. Thanks for sharing this, sorry for the ones who misunderstood.

Dirty Knowledge
02-28-2006, 12:42 AM
That's not knowledge, that's recycle bin on the PC information.

Dirty Knowledge
02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
I saw a indian crying in the median tonight and I thought of you soldier, then saw a crackhead and drug dealer and tried taking a picture to document it in a later thread called "Husslin in America" but got my shit took... damn cuzz I gotta do like you and drive thru that bitch 50 MPH and take snap shots.

WARPATH
03-01-2006, 09:16 PM
http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/New/html/19990709.html

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
TO THE PINE RIDGE INDIAN RESERVATION COMMUNITY
Pine Ridge, South Dakota

12:00 P.M. MDT
THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you, Mr. President, and thank you to all of you here from Pine Ridge and all the other tribal leaders who are here for HUD's Shared Vision Conference. I am profoundly honored to be in Pine Ridge and in the Lakota Nation. In fact, to try to demonstrate my appreciation and respect, I would like to try -- to try to say something in Lakota. (Applause.) Mitakuye Oyasin. (Applause.)
My neighbors, my friends, we are all related. (Applause.) Consider those who have come here today to join hands with you, along with Secretary Cuomo, Secretary Glickman, your great congressional delegation, our Democratic leader, Tom Daschle in the United States Senate and Senator Johnson, Congressman Thune. You don't know this, but we have members of Congress from all over America who have come here to express their support and their commitment to join you in building a better tomorrow.
Congressman Ed Pastor from Arizona; Congressman Dale Kildee, from the state of Michigan; Congressman Jim Clyburn, from South Carolina; and Congressman Paul Kanjorski, from Pennsylvania, he has come all the way from Pennsylvania to be here. (Applause.)
I want to thank the other people from the administration, especially Assistant Secretary of the Interior, Kevin Gover and Lynn Cutler, in the White House, who work with all of our Native American leaders around America, for what they do. (Applause.) I want to thank the CEO of Fannie Mae, Frank Raines; the CEO of Northwest, Mark Omen; the PMI President, Roger Horton; Mortgage Bankers Association President Don Lang; Champion Homes CEO Walter Young -- for all the work that they are prepared to do in building a better future and they're here today. (Applause.)
I want to thank my good friend, Jesse Jackson, for never letting us forget our common obligations. (Applause.) I thank the other members of our delegation today -- Bart Harvey, from Enterprise; Al From, from the Democratic Leadership Council. I'd like to thank the young AmeriCorps volunteers who are here today for all the work they do. (Applause.)
I would like to finally say a word of appreciation to all the people who live here on this reservation, who welcomed me into their homes, who talked to me today as I walked down their streets. I thank especially Geraldine Bluebird, who Secretary Cuomo mentioned -- she let me sit on her porch and she told me how she tries to make ends meet for the 28 people that share her small home and the house trailer adjoining.
I thank the children who stopped their playing and shook hands with me and listened to me while I encouraged them to stay in school and to go onto college and to live out their dreams. (Applause.) I want to bring you greetings from two people who are not here -- first, from Vice President Gore, who has headed our empowerment zone effort that Pine Ridge became a part of today. (Applause.) And, second, just a little over an hour ago, I talked to the First Lady, and Hillary has spent more time in Indian Country than any First Lady in history. She is intensely committed to this effort, and she asked me to say hello to you. (Applause.)
President Saulway said today I was the only President ever to come to an Indian reservation for a nation to nation business meeting. I remember back in 1994, I invited all the tribal leaders in America to the White House, and it was the first such gathering since the presidency of James Monroe in the 1820s. Now, I know that Calvin Coolidge came to Pine Ridge in the 1920s, and that President Roosevelt visited another Native American reservation, but no American President has been anywhere in Indian Country since Franklin Roosevelt was President. That is wrong, and we're trying to fix it today. (Applause.)
I was profoundly moved by the pipe ceremony, just as I was when your congressional delegation took me last night not only to Mount Rushmore, but to the Crazy Horse Memorial, and to the museum that is there with it.
But I ask you today, even as we remember the past, to think more about the future. We know well what the failings of the present and the past are. We know well the imperfect relationship that the United States and its government has enjoyed with the tribal nations. But I have seen today not only poverty, but promise.
And I have seen enormous courage. I came here today for three reasons. First of all, to celebrate the empowerment zone and the housing projects that are going on here now. Second, to talk about my New Markets Initiative and what else we can do. But, third, with the business leaders who are here -- and I've already introduced them, but I'd like to ask the business leaders I just mentioned to stand up. We want to send a message to America that this is a good place to invest. Good people live here. Good people live in Indian country, they deserve a chance to go to work. (Applause.) Thank you. Thank you. (Applause.)
You've already heard President Saulway and Secretary Cuomo recite the statistics. It's a hot day out here and I know you're suffering in the sun. But I want to send a message to America. So I just want to say a few things, and I want you to think about this. Think about the irony of this. We are in the longest period of economic growth in peacetime in our history. (Applause.)
We have in America almost 19 million new jobs. WE have the lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for African Americans and Hispanics. For over two years our country has had an unemployment rate below 5 percent. But here on this reservation, the unemployment rate is nearly 75 percent. That is wrong, and we have to do something to change it, and do it now. (Applause.)
When we are on the verge of a new century and a new millennium where people are celebrating the miracles of technology, and the world growing closer and closer together, and our ability to learn from and with each other and make business partnerships with each other all across our globe, and there are still reservations with few phones and no banks, when still three or four families are forced to share two simple rooms, where communities where Native Americans live have deadly disease and infant mortality rates at many times the national rate, when these things still persist, we cannot rest until we do better. And trying is not enough; we have to have results. We can do better. (Applause.)
Our nation will never have a better chance. When will we ever have this kind of opportunity where unemployment is low, inflation is low, there's a lot of money in our country, the value of our stock market has tripled and then some. Business people are looking for new places to invest, and people who have done well feel a moral obligation to try to help those who are less fortunate, who have not fully participated.
And we see it from Appalachia to the Mississippi Delta to the inner cities of our country, to the Native American communities. If we can't do this now, we will never get around to doing it. So let us give ourselves a gift for the 21st century -- an America where no one is left behind and everyone has a chance. (Applause.)
We will do our part. You have suffered from neglect, and you know that doesn't work. You have also suffered from the tyranny of patronizing inadequately funded government programs, and you know that doesn't work. We have tried to have a more respectful, more proper relationship with the tribal governments of this country to promote more genuine independence, but also to give more genuine support. And the empowerment zone program, as the Vice President and I designed it six years ago, is designed to treat all communities that way. We're not coming from Washington to tell you exactly what to do and how to do it, we're coming from Washington to ask you what you want to do, and tell you we will give you the tools and the support to get done what you want to do for your children and their future. (Applause.)
President Saulway and a number of tribal leaders came to me at the White House a couple of months ago. You may have heard in the national press that I repeatedly referred to this profoundly emotional meeting. I have given a great deal of thought to what was said then and what I heard now. We can do better. I would like to mention just a few specific things, for you have all heard years of pretty words.
There is no more crucial building block for a strong community and a promising future than a solid home. Today, I want to talk about a number of things the government and the private sector are going to do to increase homeownership. Our whole team visited those new homes that are being built not far from here. We talked to the families that are moving into those homes. I had a little boy take me through every room in the home, tell me exactly where every closet was, tell me what his sister's room had that he didn't have, and why it was all right, because she was older and she needed such things.
This is important. So what are we going to do? Private lenders, like Bank of America, Northwest, Bank One, Washington Mutual, are going to work with the Mortgage Bankers Association and HUD, to more than double the number of government-insured or guaranteed home mortgages in Indian country in each of the next three years. (Applause.)
Right here in Pine Ridge, Fannie Mae, under Frank Raines' leadership, has set aside millions of dollars to help you buy those homes at below-market rates. And they are spending hundreds of millions of dollars all across this country to help people just like you become homeowners for the first time. (Applause.) And Secretary Cuomo's Partnership for Housing is giving financial incentives and counseling to help families figure out how to actually get this done, how to buy their own homes and pay for them.
But, as I heard over and over today, even if we went in and tried to repair or rebuild or build new homes for every family here, and in every Indian community throughout the United States, we must have jobs if we want these communities to work. (Applause.) Adults need to have something to look forward to every morning when they get up. And if they want their kids to stay in school, and stay out of trouble, and look to tomorrow, their lives have to be evidence that looking to tomorrow pays off. It is appalling that we have the highest growth rate in peacetime in our history; that we have an unemployment rate below 5 percent for two years, and the unemployment rate on this hallowed reservation is almost 75 percent(the unemployment rate is more like 95% C.S.). That is appalling, and we can do better. (Applause.)
No community in America, can grow, however, without basic blocks. No community in America should be without safe running water and sewer systems. So the Department of Agriculture will put nearly $16 million in water projects throughout Indian country, including two right here in Pine Ridge, that will also help you get jobs, as well as improve the quality of life. (Applause.)
As you can see, in this Big Sky country, it is rather warm and it gets windy from time to time, as the Natives will attest. The Department of Energy will help you harness the power and profits of wind and solar energy, to save money and make money. (Applause.) Owens Corning and North American Steel Framing Alliance will provide skills training and the promise of quality jobs. And Citibank and Gateway Computer Company will work with Oglala Lakota College and other schools to help Native American students get the computer skills that will allow them to get 21st century jobs. (Applause.)

And our Federal Communications Commission will work with you to improve telephone service throughout Indian Country, an absolute prerequisite for getting any new business in here(this is why I have internet now, it did opened up a few jobs, a few C.S.).
Let me just say that one of the things that we have learned is that the computer and the Internet make it possible for many people to do many kinds of work in any community, anywhere in the United States; indeed, increasingly, anywhere in the world. The fact that this reservation is a long way from an urban center would have been an absolute prohibitive barrier to a lot of economic development just 10 or 15 years ago.
The explosion of computer technology and the Internet, if you know how to use it and you know how to deliver for others with it, has literally made the distance barrier almost insignificant for many kinds of economic activity. So I want to implore you to use your tribal college and work with these companies and make the most of the skills they are offering, and we can get the jobs to come here once you can do them. (Applause.)
Finally, we must seize the vast potential of tourism right here in Pine Ridge by building a Lakota Sioux heritage cultural center. Every year, millions of families travel long, long distances to see Mt. Rushmore -- 2.7 million last year. The Crazy Horse Memorial, about a million and a half, even though only the head has been finished. The Crazy Horse Memorial last year had 1.5 million visitors; only the head has been finished. I went there late last night. And the Badlands National Park.
Now, if you look at that, you have to ask yourself: How can you have -- how many people, if you did everything right down here, if we built this cultural center, of all the people that go to see Crazy Horse, of all the people that go to see Mt. Rushmore, of all the people that go to Badlands National Park, how many would come here. I'll tell you -- a whole lot. An enormous percentage, if you give them something to come and see. That is nothing more than the simple, profound, powerful story of your eloquent past and your present, of your skills and your heritage and your culture and your faith.
These commitments that we are making today are just the beginning. Thirty-one years ago this spring, Senator Robert Kennedy came to Pine Ridge. Many of you probably still remember that visit. Senator Kennedy, seeking medical care for his child, lying sick in the back of an abandoned car, refusing to sit and begin an important meeting until all of the tribal leaders had their proper seats.
You may remember his message of hope. Let me say that all across America, people were watching that. I have to say, on a purely personal note, one of the most touching things about this day for me is that the wife of our HUD Secretary is Robert Kennedy's daughter, and she is here today and this is a proud day. I'd like to ask her to stand. Kerry, please stand. Thank you. (Applause.)
We lost all those years. There were a lot of reasons, and a lot of things are better than they were 30 years ago. But this is the first time since the early 1960s when we had this kind of strong American economy, and we have no excuse for walking away from our responsibilities to the new markets of America.
I have asked the members of Congress to go back and pass legislation that will give major tax breaks and government-guaranteed loans to people who will put their money in Indian Country, to lower the risk of taking this chance. (Applause.) We are going to do everything we can to make your empowerment zone work. But remember -- there is nothing that we can do except to help you to realize your own dreams.
So I say to every tribal leader here: The name of the conference you are attending is Shared Visions. We must share the vision, and it must be, fundamentally, yours -- for your children and their future. If you will give us that vision and work with us, we will achieve it.
Thank you, and God bless you. (Applause.) END

A whole lot of promises, in the end all we got were a few FEMA mobile homes, 7 years later that have gone to shit.

SlightlySlightedFan
03-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Is there anything that you think you can do about this?

Tried beating up that state's representatives? Figuratively of course.
Sent you're pictures to a newspaper? Outside that state?
Is you're account of this posted anywhere else?
From what I've seen, mouths should get to talkin.
Good Luck.

SlightlySlightedFan
03-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I know it must seem pointless to you, but

http://www.house.gov/herseth/

Wamukota X
03-02-2006, 10:47 AM
That won't help, thats like pouring gasoline onto a fire thats been burning since......the 1500's.

Big Risk
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM

I swear to you that you have European blood in you.

Wamukota X
03-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I swear to you that you have European blood in you.

With all the raping they did your probably right.

T-ribe
03-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Dirty Knowledge has no idea bout what he speaks of. I was recently in Fla and had a chance to scope out Lil Haiti and the deepside of Lauderdale. What point are you tryin to prove, the shit I seen there is the same type of shit I see here in the Mile High City, just diffrent races. Man when I go to Pine Ridge I am thankful for the city lyfe I live. My cuz is livin in the worst of conditions. Granted he has a job and was able to move up fron the still grimy conditions tha surround him, but most hoods in the States are livin way better than 90% of the people in that area. Dirty K is like naw..naw motha fuckin Skins love to live off the land, but we have no land to live off of. Its kats like you who are bitchin about the system sayin its built to keep you down, and requestin your 40acres of land that the motha fuckin Gov took from us. That sounds ass backwards to me. Dont take it out of context either bra, but you said some faulty shit and this is they kind of person you make yourself sound like....love it or hate it Charge and the community he lives in is 3rd world conditions in the U.S. Shit some of them peeps would probably be better off livin in caves, it just might be warmer and more comfortable.

Wamukota X
03-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Charging Soldier, I'm waiting on the thread about the Massacre at Wounded Knee. I studied some on this subject about a year ago. They murdered Women and children like it was nothing.

Big Risk
03-03-2006, 01:23 PM
With all the raping they did your probably right.
Exactly, but you talk about these Europeans like youre not one of them.

Their even blood is in you.

Wamukota X
03-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Exactly, but you talk about these Europeans like youre not one of them.

Their even blood is in you.

That does not make me European. IF, their is European blood in my veins that does not make me European. Believe me when I tell you, I am Black. That alone should suffice this argument but we can go deeper to avoid confusion. Genetically speaking black is always dominant and white always recessive. That is not racist thats just science straight up. Since white came from the Original Blackman in the first place, if there was never a Blackman in existence there would be no white people. They came from Black. Therefore scientifically, I am not and could not be European. Two whites cannot produce a black but two blacks can produce all the above.

WARPATH
03-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Charging Soldier, I'm waiting on the thread about the Massacre at Wounded Knee. I studied some on this subject about a year ago. They murdered Women and children like it was nothing.

yeah i'll get on that, be patient, I wanna gather some good pictures and get several different accounts.

Blazing Fire
03-04-2006, 06:54 AM
this topic is heavy

SlightlySlightedFan
03-04-2006, 09:29 AM
We'll all be one race, not that we aren't already, but we'll all be 1 color. If humans survive that long.

The point here isn't to gauge where the poorest community is.
Soldier is sharing part of his world with us. This thread shouldn't be about this or that. It should be about you and I and everyone seeing it and grasping it as much as we can.
That's what I think.
And because it bothers me so much, and makes me so sick, I gotta give props to Soldier for it.
And I hope it get's LOUDER, and more people hear it. And react to it like they should.

SlightlySlightedFan
03-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Please don't concentrate on the past, whatever you're views of it are. I'm not saying forget about it, no, no. I'm saying remember it, and concentrate on what you can do now to make sure it never happens again. And stops happening now.
There's alotta brains in this forum. We should make concentrate syrupy thick.

SlightlySlightedFan
03-04-2006, 09:38 AM
this topic is heavy

Gravity ain't got nothin to do with this.

Blazing Fire
03-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Gravity ain't got nothin to do with this.

ok

ur so smart!!!

SlightlySlightedFan
03-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Just a joke I recycled from Back To The Future. Not the best place to insert it, I admit.

Blazing Fire
03-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Oh ok

Good 1

7ess
03-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Mad Respect Charging Soldier for posting this, makes the pjs look like trump towers...no running water and outhouses is on some 3rd world type shit and they got you in a part of the country where your hidden... sounds like the governments goal was for you all to self destrct in the middle of no where..i'm definately gonna seek out more knowledge...PEACE
Damn some of you get on some "yes I am" "no your not" type childish bullshit

WARPATH
03-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Mad Respect Charging Soldier for posting this, makes the pjs look like trump towers...no running water and outhouses is on some 3rd world type shit and they got you in a part of the country where your hidden... sounds like the governments goal was for you all to self destrct in the middle of no where..i'm definately gonna seek out more knowledge...PEACE
Damn some of you get on some "yes I am" "no your not" type childish bullshit

Thanks, you hit the nail on the head with that comment.............U.S. government tried everything it could to destroy our culture. To dicourage our spirit, "they" carved the Presidents heads- Mount Rushmore- Into our Paha Sapa- or "Black Hills"- It's our holy land, where my people came from, some say it's like the Holy City of Mecca for indian people. The government desicrated it.

WARPATH
03-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Of all ethnic groups in the United States, Native People are the most economically disadvantaged, 22% live below the poverty level, nearly double the national rate of 12.4%.

Seven of the ten poorest counties in the United States fall within various "Indian reservations." Of these seven poorest counties, three are on the reservations within the borders of the state of South Dakota, home to many of the Lakota people.Over the the last forty years, Shannon County in South Dakota, has been our country's most poverty stricken county. Shannon county is comprised of The Pine Ridge Reservation.

Pine Ridge has the nation's lowest per capita income, the highest percentage of families below the poverty rate, the highest percentage (63.1%) of persons below the poverty level, and the second highest percentage of children below the poverty level.

Indian Health Services reports suicide rates that are triple that of the national average.

Harvard School of Public Health reports that the life expectancy of Lakota People living on Pine Ridge Reservation to be the lowest in the United States, and only in Haiti is the life expectancy lower than the Lakota of Pine Ridge in the entire Western Hemisphere.

The average life expectancy of a man on Pine Ridge is 61, 16 and 1/2 years lower than the national average. At 70 years of age the life expectancy of a Lakota woman on Pine Ridge is 13 and 1/2 years less than the national average.

Unemployment on Pine Ridge Reservation ranges between 80% and 95% of the population of about 22,000 people.The average household occupancy on Pine Ridge is 17 people.

There are over 900 families on waiting lists for housing. Many of those fortunate enough to have a house live in sub-standard structures.Thirty-three percent of homes do not have electricity or running water. Twenty-two percent of all homes are in need of major repairs or need to be replaced.

Seventy percent of Lakota people living on Pine Ridge Reservation do not have access to transportation.

Nationally, telephone service reaches 98% of the populace. On reservations phone service only reaches between 46% and 55% of Native people. On the Pine Ridge Reservation more than 70% of the homes are without phone service.(this number has been increased somewhat since the introduction of Cell phone towers.......however the service is shitty........can you hear me now bitch....C.S.)

Native People are victimized by violent crime at a rate that is more than twice the national average. Approximately 70% of these violent crimes against Native People are committed by people of a different race. This cross-race victimization rate of Native People is substantially higher than black or white victims.

Approximately 30% of all Native People have been a victim of violent crime. This figure is probably much lower than reality however.(I doubt that I fell vicitm to multiple violent crimes in my life time C.S.) Many Native People are reluctant to report crimes because of indifferent or racist attitudes they face in the criminal and the judicial systems.

In 1943, 250 families on the Pine Ridge Reservation were given 10 days or less to leave their homes and ranches in the outlying Badlands area of Pine Ridge. The government was to use this area as a bombing range for the Rapid City Air Base. The government offered these 250 families no other place to live.

Many of the men of these families were overseas fighting for this country. They returned home to find their ranches bombed out and some found their families living in tents in ghetto areas of Rapid City and other towns in the Black Hills area and scattered across the reservation . No compensation was awarded to these families. And although the U.S. government promised to return this land to the Lakota residents after the war ceased, 56 years later, much of this land remains in control of the military.(spy planes always flying over the Rez....C.S.)

Pine Ridge was not however, singled out. Seventy-nine other reservations faced this same situation, a situation that can only be compared to the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII. These Japanese-Americans received an apology and compensation from the U.S. government. The Lakota and other First Nations received neither the monetary compensation nor the apology. The Lakota are in fact still waiting for return of the land and the removal of the unexploded bombs and ordinance.

Source:

http://www.theramp.net/kohr4/interestingfacts.html

Sicka than aidZ
03-19-2006, 01:41 AM
damn, when people are that poor they gotta rob to eat. hell, and in jail they get heat,electricity and food. im sorry man, we dont have it so bad over here but I know we've been fucked by the white man's politics beyond repair. Im part white but i hate rich white people who do crooked things to anyone who's not fortunate to have an easy life. especially when they make money from it. peace man

Sicka than aidZ
03-19-2006, 03:30 AM
what can we do about this?

if u really want to help, do some research, you'll figure something out

blazindaherbz
03-19-2006, 04:13 AM
some people have problems controlling there mental states and release all there negativity on people they dont even know i dont understand the goal one is trying to acheive when you cant communicate in a proper manner to get a point across and i see a common difficulty in poor people all across the planet it is they have a government that keeps them in that state for a partiicular reason... yall can share your views and criticize me and i will pray for you too

iniquity
03-19-2006, 04:49 AM
In 2004 the poorest community in America was Pine Ridge Indian reservation. Unemployment is over 80 per cent, 69 per cent of people live in poverty and male life expectancy is 57 years. In the Western hemisphere only Haiti has a lower number.

^ Sad ...

SubtleEnergies
03-20-2006, 01:22 AM
I recently stayed at my uncle's house. He lives in government housing in what would be one of the poorest areas in the state I lived in.

Apparently Australia's gap between rich and poor isn't as extreme as the U.S but just styaing their depressed the hell out of me.

The library was TINY and such a poor excuse, no one was in it except a few kids using the net. About 80% of the people when you walk down the street look like junkies or chronic alcoholics. I saw two women who were in wheel chairs just from being obese.

It's easy to forget how bad areas can be. I live in government housing in a relatively rich area. My mum was poor but she lived in this area in a tiny two bedroom apartment full of roaches and shit and the rent took nearly all our money so we barely had food. She did this for years while waiting for a government house in the area we live (the waiting is alot longer in better areas - we waited about 5 years). So I grew up poor as hell in a well off neighbourhood.

I understand now why my mum did it. At least alcoholism and dead end jobs wasn't the only thing I saw growing up.

Poverty depresses the hell out of me - most of all the millions of people who do nothing to prevent it from happening to them.

WARPATH
03-20-2006, 09:45 AM
I hear you on that, but you gotta understand it's not about prevention when your born into poverty. Lakota peole were moved onto the rez, as means to kill us off and immoblize us. There's not much you can do when the reason for high unemployment rate is becuase of the lack of buisnessess. Then there's the issue of transportation- getting to and from work. I'm truly blessed to have been able to get out of my mother's house. The reason a lot of natives around here turn to alcahol is because they get a felling of hoplessness. My people want to work, there's just not very many jobs around here. Some natives move from the rez and are succsessful, but some run into a lot of racism off the rez, or they just end up in poverty somewhere else, so they come back here to be around family.

LHX
03-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Poverty depresses the hell out of me - most of all the millions of people who do nothing to prevent it from happening to them.

?

the option of 'doing something to prevent it' doesnt exist for many people

unless you count jail or death

SubtleEnergies
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
I am sorry I disagree. For alot of people they are trapped. But alot more people add to their problems through their ignorance. It could hardly be said they are doing all they can....

Sicka than aidZ
03-21-2006, 04:35 AM
He Said, The Option To Fight Outta This Downward Spiral Doesnt Exist For Some Folks......yeah, Some Poor Cats Are To Dumb And Some Aren't. Something Like That Peace

WARPATH
03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
I am sorry I disagree. For alot of people they are trapped. But alot more people add to their problems through their ignorance. It could hardly be said they are doing all they can....

Igonorance? So the president just cut the budget of our water line project to 1/4 of what it originally was---------meaning we can't finish the water line and get the reservation hooked up to running water and- thus open up buisnessess..........ignorance huh?

Don't confuse ignorace with opression.

LORD NOSE
03-21-2006, 10:04 AM
the government is afraid of the Native

LHX
03-21-2006, 10:34 AM

how can you fault a person for doing all they know?

you expect a person who eats poison to be able to think with a clear mind?

SubtleEnergies
03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Where the fuck did I say no one is oppressed?

I have been oppressed by many things in life and I know alot of people are far more oppressed than I have been too. But MANY people also add to their oppression with stupid decisions.

I don't have to look far to see this. Most of my family is on welfare and in government housing. They spend most of their lives complaining about a lack of money. Do they try and improve their situation in anyway? God forbid - instead they drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol which wastes money, adds to depression and apathy. They smoke. And after hundreds of dollars a week going to alcohol and cigarettes they complain they have no money for food and how unfair it is.

LHX is the only one with a point though. How can you blame someone for doing only what they know....but then again is there never a time people knowingly do things they shouldn't? I would say this happens quite often.

WARPATH
03-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Where the fuck did I say no one is oppressed?

I have been oppressed by many things in life and I know alot of people are far more oppressed than I have been too. But MANY people also add to their oppression with stupid decisions.

I don't have to look far to see this. Most of my family is on welfare and in government housing. They spend most of their lives complaining about a lack of money. Do they try and improve their situation in anyway? God forbid - instead they drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol which wastes money, adds to depression and apathy. They smoke. And after hundreds of dollars a week going to alcohol and cigarettes they complain they have no money for food and how unfair it is.

LHX is the only one with a point though. How can you blame someone for doing only what they know....but then again is there never a time people knowingly do things they shouldn't? I would say this happens quite often.

I see what your saying too, but if you lived in Pine Ridge for a month you'd be saying something different.

Muslimah
03-22-2006, 07:13 PM
While the individual is a huge actor in this topic, I feel that SubtleEnergies has somewhat undermined the powerful role in which social, political and economic systems have in all of this. Poverty is not at the fault of the individual. The reality is that for a minority to engage in excessive amounts of wealth, that the majority must pay the price for it. This is the underlying current that we must not forget. So while people can make to be apart of that ‘exception’, of those that actually do rise above, this will only ever be an ‘exception’.

Yes alcoholism and other social problems that predominate in poverty stricken areas are not helping. But we need to look at the sources of such behaviour. In areas where mass poverty predominates, alcohol is more readily available. It exists to pacify people. It exists to ensure that people do not rise above and seek their rightful share. In theory, looking from outside, it is easy to say that the solution is to remove oneself from such addictive behaviours. But this is neglecting the fact that the problem was not created by the individual’s shortcomings so much as it was by unjust, inhumane economic and political systems.

The economic, political and social objectives that exist in today’s society are sickening. The poor are made to feel at fault. They are made to feel less of a human being because of their economic and social positioning within the system. When you are made to feel as though you are not worthy, when your dignity has been stripped from you and society views you as a burden on their taxable income, then it is easy to see why people easily fall into addictive behaviours.

We need to stop blaming the individual and put in place systems that challenge the necessity to impoverish such a large group of people globally. There is an increased need to move away from individual blame and look at the bigger picture of why so many people have fallen through the gaps. How can we close the divides that capitalism thrives on and create a society that is just?

On a final note…. We must not forget, that riches in itself can be just as oppressive as poverty.

peace

7EL7
03-22-2006, 07:15 PM
i saw the name and entered the thread and i just knew that before i get to the last post it was gonna be a 500 word essay

and i was right

dam i'm good

Muslimah
03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
379 to be exact

7EL7
03-22-2006, 07:30 PM
379 to be exact

you missed 221

you added to much water

its like diarrhea now

whitey
03-22-2006, 07:52 PM
the treatment of Native Americans throughout the history of this country makes me sick.

7EL7
03-22-2006, 07:54 PM
and since your all out for murdering murderers

we should also murder those who continue to oppress the Natives

if its good for Tookie then its good for the Oppressor

whitey
03-22-2006, 07:57 PM
murdering anyone is not the answer.

7EL7
03-22-2006, 08:06 PM
murdering anyone is not the answer.

your contradicting yourself right here

if i raped your moms and beheaded her in front of you your saying that you would not kill me ?

if your answer is no, then you are a stupid little kid who needs to shut the fuck up

7EL7
03-22-2006, 08:07 PM
these are your words and even though you say your not for the death penalty i don't believe you

and the justice system has been(still is at times) biased towards blacks, but this guys is a cold blooded murderer. I dont belive in the death penalty and dont think anyone should be killed but thats the law in his state and he got his punishment.

whitey
03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
violence creates more violence.

you think you have it pretty bad here huh?

whitey
03-22-2006, 08:09 PM
these are your words and even though you say your not for the death penalty i don't believe you

why? what reason do i have to lie on an internet message board with people i never know and will never met, if anything it would give me more of a reason to be beligerant and wreckless with my thoughts and words if thats how i really was. i could just hide behind my computer screen. i have nothing to hide from.

Aqua Luna
03-22-2006, 08:11 PM
why? what reason do i have to lie on an internet message board with people i never know and will never met, if anything it would give me more of a reason to be beligerant and wreckless with my thoughts and words if thats how i really was. i could just hide behind my computer screen. i have nothing to hide from.

The problen is you hide from yourself...just admit that you are on my side.

You will feel better afterwards.

7EL7
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
violence creates more violence.

you think you have it pretty bad here huh?

shut the fuck up you stupid little kid

whitey
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
The problen is you hide from yourself...just admit that you are on my side.

You will feel better afterwards.

on your side in terms of what?

SubtleEnergies
03-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Muslimah being naive as usual.

The individual plays a huge role.

Any of you who want to be bitches and pass the blame entirely to society....what are you waiting for? You expect that the government and society will one day turn around and start being fair? Good luck to you.

The thing is I WOULDN'T live in Pine Ridge. I would move from the place to somewhere that was at least not excessively dangerous or whatever. Like my mum did as I said earlier. We lived 3 people off about $300 AU a week of welfare. Our rent wast about $210 a week. We were fucking starving.

Even now I am broke. I pay rent, food, electricity, phone and water all myself. I get welfare while I study. I also have to buy my books. I work one day a week to help out. I have been HOMELESS while studying before. I spent the days in the library and crashed on friend's floor.

It is extremely UNLIKELY that if you live in a developed country it is IMPOSSIBLE to overcome poverty. It my be hard as fuck but most the time the thing that stops people on their goals is that they GIVE UP.

Attitudes I am hearing in this thread are what make me truly worry, because they prove that if wealth was redistributed tomorrow most lower class people would end up broke again (I am refering to poverty here as in lower classes of developed countries, the third would is a whole other category).

People either have an internal locus of control or an external lous of control. People with the internal locus of control see their situations as a result of THEIR actions. People with an external locus of control see theri situation as a result of external circumstances beyond their control. We need to recognize that both of these views are partly right. We need to recognize that we don't have control over all events. But we always have control over how we react to them. We have to recognize that we DO have alot more control than we often exert on a situation.

Maybe my stance on this issue seems tough. But really...too fucking bad. I went days without food as a kid. I used to drink caffeinated soft drinks coz it suppresses apetite. I seen my mum unable to get out of bed from malnutrition. If I don't even help myself then I am truly fucked. And everytime some whinging bitch passes the problems of the poor off onto the economy, the government and society it fucking belittles every time I felt like giving up but didn't.

In less than two years I will be the first person since my mum's fam moved to Aus to get a university degree majoring in Finance and Accounting...hopefully with honours. I hope I can help people who may be DISADVANTAGED financially etc. That's something I really feel passionate about because I don't see why some people should have to work 1000 times harder to get where other get. But anyone I help will be willing to help themselves too. Not these idiots who never got off their ass, drink, smoke pot etc and complain how unfair the economy is to their illiterate asses.

SubtleEnergies
03-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Some of you need to get a copy of Scarface and learn what determination is....

whitey
03-23-2006, 01:37 AM

Any of you who want to be bitches and pass the blame entirely to society....what are you waiting for? You expect that the government and society will one day turn around and start being fair? Good luck to you.

The thing is I WOULDN'T live in Pine Ridge. I would move from the place to somewhere that was at least not excessively dangerous or whatever. Like my mum did as I said earlier. We lived 3 people off about $300 AU a week of welfare. Our rent wast about $210 a week. We were fucking starving.

Even now I am broke. I pay rent, food, electricity, phone and water all myself. I get welfare while I study. I also have to buy my books. I work one day a week to help out. I have been HOMELESS while studying before. I spent the days in the library and crashed on friend's floor.

It is extremely UNLIKELY that if you live in a developed country it is IMPOSSIBLE to overcome poverty. It my be hard as fuck but most the time the thing that stops people on their goals is that they GIVE UP.

Attitudes I am hearing in this thread are what make me truly worry, because they prove that if wealth was redistributed tomorrow most lower class people would end up broke again (I am refering to poverty here as in lower classes of developed countries, the third would is a whole other category).

People either have an internal locus of control or an external lous of control. People with the internal locus of control see their situations as a result of THEIR actions. People with an external locus of control see theri situation as a result of external circumstances beyond their control. We need to recognize that both of these views are partly right. We need to recognize that we don't have control over all events. But we always have control over how we react to them. We have to recognize that we DO have alot more control than we often exert on a situation.

Maybe my stance on this issue seems tough. But really...too fucking bad. I went days without food as a kid. I used to drink caffeinated soft drinks coz it suppresses apetite. I seen my mum unable to get out of bed from malnutrition. If I don't even help myself then I am truly fucked. And everytime some whinging bitch passes the problems of the poor off onto the economy, the government and society it fucking belittles every time I felt like giving up but didn't.

In less than two years I will be the first person since my mum's fam moved to Aus to get a university degree majoring in Finance and Accounting...hopefully with honours. I hope I can help people who may be DISADVANTAGED financially etc. That's something I really feel passionate about because I don't see why some people should have to work 1000 times harder to get where other get. But anyone I help will be willing to help themselves too. Not these idiots who never got off their ass, drink, smoke pot etc and complain how unfair the economy is to their illiterate asses.

big ups. a lot of shit is just effed up, but if people just sit around and complain and take their welfare or whatever and blame other people for their problems its their bad. if anyone busts their ass enough they will get a lot farther than they think. keep it up bro.

LORD NOSE
03-23-2006, 02:24 AM
big ups. a lot of shit is just effed up, but if people just sit around and complain and take their welfare or whatever and blame other people for their problems its their bad. if anyone busts their ass enough they will get a lot farther than they think. keep it up bro.

take their welfare huh ?

suspect

Dissonance
03-23-2006, 03:33 AM

How dare you talk about personal responsibility around here

Muslimah
03-23-2006, 06:46 AM
SubtleEnergies, missing the point yet again... Me naďve? Perhaps you should spend a little more time in self-reflection SubtleEnergies, or are you still too busy seeking out the imperfections of others to realise your own?

I never said the individual didn’t have a role, in fact my initial comment reflected yours;

…the individual is a huge actor in this topic…

Wait did I say that? Yes I did, perhaps you should concentrate a little more on what is being said before you start preaching. I then went on to say;

So while people can make to be apart of that ‘exception’, of those that actually do rise above, this will only ever be an ‘exception’.

Yes people do have that opportunity to rise above, to be the ‘exception’, but that is the problem. They are the ‘exception’. Why is it that there can only ever be the ‘exception’?

Before we speak about what is required of the individual we need to know why? Why is it that there are people who are starving and then on the opposite side of the scale, you have the 10 richest people in the world. Those 10 only need to donate 1% of their total wealth to eliminate global poverty and yet they don’t. Why is it, that in the one country, America, you have both the richest and the poorest people in the world? You cannot say that this is not a reflection on the economic and political climate that endures! In fact this is a direct result of the economic and political climate!

You need to look at these things because they are the root disease. They are a clear reflection on the inadequacies that have come to reign supreme. Even if you as an INDIVIDUAL escape poverty mate, millions of others will still be there. We need to be concerned with all people in poverty, not just one here and there. For me, that means that the bigger picture needs to be considered, not just the 1 in a million ‘exception’. We can't be satified with just the 'exception'. As human beings, we must demand more from the system that governs over us. The system is flawed for forcing such inequalities in the first place, and it is the hypocritical system that needs to change if revolution is to be experienced by all people and not just the ‘exception’.

I agree with you SubtleEnergies, though your assumptions about me tainted your better judgement. I agree that both the Internal and external locus need to be experienced interchangeably. Both hold their significance in terms of behaviour. But in order to truly understand why individuals act in certain ways, we can’t do this by simply looking at individual behaviours. Sadly, in a lot of instances, Capitalism in promoting individualism has destroyed the individual. In saying this I mean, that, the individual who sits outside of the capitalist ideal of the 'productive individual' is left unprotected. It has created a society whereby the individual experience becomes irrelevant and rather, is replaced by statistics on economic growth.

Sooner then collapsing, the system actually thrives on this. This is not a moral society… The system doesn’t see those in shanties, it doesnt see human emotion and human suffering, but we as human beings do and have a duty to reassess our priorities…

tha god concept
03-23-2006, 09:03 AM
i would burn that shit down to the ground but.....all the natives huffed the gas

=== NO DISRESPECT TO NATIVES...MY 2 BEST FRIENDS OF MY LIFE R INDAIN "MIC MAC" AND WHEN I TYPED THAT SHIT EVEN THEY LAUGHED SO CHILL THE FUCK OUT YA'LL===

PROPS TO THE NATIVE TONGUE WIT 1000 LASHES

WARPATH
03-23-2006, 09:09 AM
i would burn that shit down to the ground but.....all the natives huffed the gas

=== NO DISRESPECT TO NATIVES...MY 2 BEST FRIENDS OF MY LIFE R INDAIN "MIC MAC" AND WHEN I TYPED THAT SHIT EVEN THEY LAUGHED SO CHILL THE FUCK OUT YA'LL===

the sad thing is when I was a kid I seen a lot of other kids huffing gas and nail polish around here

LHX
03-23-2006, 10:17 AM

facts

1 - landlords dont want to rent to people on welfare
2 - people who are poor tend to give off an odor
3 - employers dont like hiring people who stink
4 - a lot of poor people are driven to addiction
5 - people get addicted to things because they are doing their best not to kill other people
6 - a lot of poor people are very intense and have difficulty focusing on bullshit
7 - working in an assembly line or a grocery store or a fast-food restaurant or taking calls in an office or working in an exhaust filled factory or etc etc etc all requires focussing on bullshit
8 - 'getting a lot farther' in this society requires people to oppress other people

i could go on

but
i suspect you have to live it before you can recognize it

WARPATH
03-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Subtle energies, I feel what your saying.

But, if you were born in Pine Ridge, your struggle would be worse-

Your talking about struggling, and making a future yourself though studying- being hungry all the time.

I'm talking 3 bedroom trailors houses with 19 people stuffed inside with no running water, plumbing, electricty or phone- strugging to stay warm through the winter. The house burns down from a wood stove and then you got 19 people splitting up and moving in with different relatives. No car, so how can you get to the college center? Corrupt tribal government that embezzles funds so nothing get's done- roads, schools, sanitation- nothing get's done.

I'm talking about a US government that cuts funds everytime the tribe does somthing for it's self.

LHX
03-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Subtle energies, I feel what your saying.

But, if you were born in Pine Ridge, your struggle would be worse-

Your talking about struggling, and making a future yourself though studying- being hungry all the time.

I'm talking 3 bedroom trailors houses with 19 people stuffed inside with no running water, plumbing, electricty or phone- strugging to stay warm through the winter. The house burns down from a wood stove and then you got 19 people splitting up and moving in with different relatives. No car, so how can you get to the college center? Corrupt tribal government that embezzles funds so nothing get's done- roads, schools, sanitation- nothing get's done.

I'm talking about a US government that cuts funds everytime the tribe does somthing for it's self.

thats fucked

sad to know thats what time it is

at least this era is coming to an end

whitey
03-23-2006, 12:23 PM
take their welfare huh ?

suspect

of what. you act like i was singling out a specific group of people with your response. im not.

SubtleEnergies
03-25-2006, 01:35 AM
I know it would be harder. I am greatful for all the bad shit I DON'T have. That's what motivates me to make the most of what I have.

But it depends on the person. I will make it even if my limbs are amputated.

SubtleEnergies
03-25-2006, 01:45 AM
MUSLIMAH I clearly said that I was not talking about the 3rd world, that that is a whole other issue.

Muslimah
03-25-2006, 09:13 PM
SubtleEnergies. Within the first world their is a third world of it's own. As i said earlier, America has both the richest and poorest people in the world. Australia is closely following in it's footsteps as the divides between rich and poor continue to grow. Just look at the policy decisions in the last decade and that it itself is proof. Proof of how structures, both political and economic, not only the fuel poverty, but also makes it extremely difficult for people to life themselves out of poverty.

whitey
03-25-2006, 09:23 PM
SubtleEnergies. Within the first world their is a third world of it's own. As i said earlier, America has both the richest and poorest people in the world. Australia is closely following in it's footsteps as the divides between rich and poor continue to grow. Just look at the policy decisions in the last decade and that it itself is proof. Proof of how structures, both political and economic, not only the fuel poverty, but also makes it extremely difficult for people to life themselves out of poverty.

america has poor people but dont play that game that it has the poorest in the world.

Queen Of Poetry
03-25-2006, 09:25 PM
It is sad.....I was watching Oprah and 70 miles from where she tapes her show folks live in a town that there is no running water, roads aren't paved......it's very sad.......one lady had 3 kids and she made $220.00 a week!!!!!!!!!!

whitey
03-26-2006, 12:49 AM
It is sad.....I was watching Oprah and 70 miles from where she tapes her show folks live in a town that there is no running water, roads aren't paved......it's very sad.......one lady had 3 kids and she made $220.00 a week!!!!!!!!!!

whoa $220?

shit she should move to either Ethiopia, Burundi, the Congo, Guinea-Bissau, Sierra Leone, Malawi, Niger, Mozambique, or Rwanda. she'd be making more money in one week than the average citizen in each one of those countries makes in A YEAR.

brown_dogg
03-26-2006, 01:01 AM
if she moves there she'll be getting a job that pays the same wages as everyone else living there. she won't be making more.

Muslimah
03-26-2006, 03:31 AM
you can't make that comparison whitey. The costs of living are drastically diff depending on where you live. Measure of poverty is not by how much people earn a week. For example, in America and other western nations the cost of living FAR exceeds the cost of living in places such as ‘Ethiopia, Burundi, the Congo, Guinea-Bissau, Sierra Leone, Malawi, Niger, Mozambique, or Rwanda.’ You may be earning $220 in one country a week and $1 in another but then again the cost of living puts them on the same level...

I will get more sound stats on american poverty another time...

LORD NOSE
03-26-2006, 06:22 AM
america is a rich country

no child in any state any where should be starving or be out doors with out care

how could anyone protect and fight for a place like this

it needs to be redone over and the authority needs to be sat down permently

Sicka than aidZ
03-26-2006, 12:35 PM

sounds funny to me

SubtleEnergies
03-29-2006, 03:26 AM
America has the POOREST people in the world? I am not even continuing a discussion on that level!

SubtleEnergies
03-29-2006, 03:28 AM
LMAO

Cost of living?

I sponsored some kids the other day....they don't have 52 cents AU to get fucking worms out their chest....show me where that happens here.

thelion1856
03-29-2006, 03:47 AM
you should get in touch with CNN's Anderson Cooper with your pics and your stories i know for a fact that if u emailed him he'd do a segment on this and look it up himself, shit he'd prolly send reporters there to take footage. He always lookin for stories like this. go to cnn dot com and e-mail dude. Now if u could e-mail him pics of the actual people like poor kids walkin round or lookin at the cam i KNOW he'd be like what the fuck? and cover this.

recluse
12-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Back in 1999(I think) a few tornados hit the rez, and Clinton came to the rez to speak, and FEMA came to provide relief. There were 60 or so Fema trailors given out, and bunch of promises never fufilled. At that time(I think) the rez was wired up with fiber optics, and that's why I can speak to you over the net now. However, the rez is still waiting for a water pipe line from the missouri river, so we can be wired up to running water. Currently the water systems are running off a bunch of different wells, where the water is bad in some areas, people can't get wells. So they're waiting to get tied into the water system.

FEMA provided the fiber optics? I wonder why they would think this was a priority. Lets see here is a community that really needs a proper water system, but instead are given net access. I bet there was an increase of residents spending money outside of the community(buying online) after being wired. This was probably part of a plan to keep community poor.

Dokuro
12-04-2006, 11:11 AM
compton with out a dobt is the porest place in united stats of A
then the wet grave

EAGLE EYE
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM
85% of people posting in this thread missed Charging Soldiers message/point. This thread was not intended to become a debate over who's living conditions are the worst. He's just exposing the reality of the situation of his state. I actually had a chance to visit South Dakota this past summer during the Sturgis Bike Week Festival. Ive driven through the badlands and it is awful. Hes right when he said you cant farm on it. It basically looks like your on another planet, a planet with no vegetation. Ive also seen some of the communities that look like the pictures hes posted. I couldnt believe people were living this way. I also didnt realize Rapid City had rape statistics as bad as that. I traveled through there briefly.

Also heres some food 4 thought: About 80% of South Dakota's income tax is generated from the 2 week Sturgis Bike Rally. Thats about the only thing bringing money in at this point. That shows you just how little opportunity there is for businesses to bring in money.

WARPATH
12-04-2006, 02:40 PM
FEMA provided the fiber optics? I wonder why they would think this was a priority. Lets see here is a community that really needs a proper water system, but instead are given net access. I bet there was an increase of residents spending money outside of the community(buying online) after being wired. This was probably part of a plan to keep community poor.

Ok smart ass.......

Fema didn't provide the fiber optic lines, Golden West Telecommunications did, but the president coming to the reservation had something to with it. It was to help build "infastructure" so buisness could come here and set up. Same with the the water pipe line that was supposed to be finished by now.

here some food for thought-

The reservation doesn't have street adresses. Before we had cellphone towere and high speed internet, we just had telephone land lines for communications. It made it easy for someone with warrants to hide out on the reservation.

then all of sudden we got Cell phones, where the bill is dirt cheap, and internet around the same time.

With no other way of gathering intelligence on the rebellious indans......well -You do the math.

WARPATH
12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
LMAO

Cost of living?

I sponsored some kids the other day....they don't have 52 cents AU to get fucking worms out their chest....show me where that happens here.

How bout a little girl who tripped and fell and melted half her face off on a wood stove. (at least that's what the mother siad) Child neglect happens everywhere.

Doctors are sent to the reservation to "practice." They practice on indians before they go off and work on ya'll.

recluse
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM
First off I was in no way trying to come off as being a "smart ass", but take it how you want. I actually thought from how you had worded it that Fema provided the Fiber optics,and if they had that would just be par for the course on how seem to fix problems.

WARPATH
01-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Some video footage of pine ridge, you might even notices some of the places I took pictures of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH-Z0l24h88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Hug2uq9L8

TSA
06-24-2007, 02:16 AM

i get blowjobs from hesitant white sluts.